PDA

View Full Version : Laurinaitis couldve been at NDSU!?!?!? WOW

lakesbison
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
BisonNeil
Has at least one Bison tattoo Join Date: Jan 2007

Re: New LB JC transfer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read an interesting article last night in my Lindy's college football guide. The article was on James Laurinaitis, their pick for defensive player of the year.

The article starts by talking about how different his career path is from what he expected, since he was so lightly recruited out of Wayzata HS. Laurinaitis is quoted as saying "North Dakota State offered, South Dakota State offered, I could've been a North Dakota State Bison running around in green and yellow".

I can't even imagine what that would have been like. But then again, we wouldn't have seen Joe Mays play.

we need a link.. WOW WOW WOW!!

BisonNeil
06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I checked to see if the article was posted on the Lindy's website, but it wasn't. That doesn't mean it won't be posted at some future date. The article on this which I quoted can be found on p. 46 of the 2008 College Football Preview. Here's the website if you want to check, articles on Perriloux at Jacksonville State and life for Les Miles without any tested QB, and many others:

https://www.lindyssports.com/main.php?category_id=2

BeckerBison
06-06-2008, 10:05 PM
BisonNeil

I read an interesting article last night in my Lindy's college football guide. The article was on James Laurinaitis, their pick for defensive player of the year.

The article starts by talking about how different his career path is from what he expected, since he was so lightly recruited out of Wayzata HS. Laurinaitis is quoted as saying "North Dakota State offered, South Dakota State offered, I could've been a North Dakota State Bison running around in green and yellow".

I can't even imagine what that would have been like. But then again, we wouldn't have seen Joe Mays play.

we need a link.. WOW WOW WOW!!

Not link worthy... Your probably reading too much into the quote. This doesn't mean anything and is likely a back-handed insult. Imagine some decent FCS player saying "Bemidji State offered, I could have been a Beaver!!"

Bisontug
06-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Not link worthy... Your probably reading too much into the quote. This doesn't mean anything and is likely a back-handed insult. Imagine some decent FCS player saying "Bemidji State offered, I could have been a Beaver!!"

Thank you Becker Bison

We don't need a link...:banghead: we need the season to start so we can have threads that might discuss things like actual games, stats, opponents, etc.... instead of this topic....

4mcruenomore
06-07-2008, 04:15 AM
Hawk or Animal??

Bisontug
06-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Hawk or Animal??

Animal..... crossed paths with Animal (Joe Laurinaitis) at an event several years back and the man was still huge !!!

Swany
06-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Coincidentally, I was at the grocery store this morning buying a new cooler and some beers for a golf tournament this afternoon and I came across the Lindy's College Football Preview. I bought it - have to get my college football fix in June. Maybe it's been posted already -- in which case my bad -- but who'd have thought that entering our first year of playoff eligibility we'd be picked #2 in the country! Also, mad props to Tyler Roehl for his selection to Lindy's First Team All America. The mag has us picked to win the Gateway and has the Dakota Marker game as one of 5 must watch games in FCS this season.

I can't wait to tailgate in '08! Great slogan, right? Someone print up the t-shirts and bumper stickers. With so much going on in our country, and on the brink of a historical selection, I can see the political yard signs up on University:

Vote Tailgate in '08!

We'll win in a landslide - or have a few landslides. Either way, everyone wins :nod:

Bryan
06-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Laurinaitis committed to Glen Mason and MN in march of his junior year and didn't switch to OSU until a month before signing day. He was never in play for anybody but those two schools.

OtterTailLakeBison
06-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Here is the link - http://www.cantonrep.com/printable.php?ID=406376

While I agree with the forward-looking statements, we must also remember that continued publicity of the North Dakota State football "brand" is positive.

"North Dakota State offered ... it was actually a good program," Laurinaitis said. "South Dakota State offered. ... I could've been a North Dakota State Bison running around in green and yellow."

It is not a ringing-endorsement but anytime a 2-time (and potentially 3-time) All American states - "it was actually a good program" - we should perceive as positive and accept the national magazine publicity...especially when free publicity and implies choosing NDSU over SDSU.

Bisonguy
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Here is the link - http://www.cantonrep.com/printable.php?ID=406376

While I agree with the forward-looking statements, we must also remember that continued publicity of the North Dakota State football "brand" is positive.

"North Dakota State offered ... it was actually a good program," Laurinaitis said. "South Dakota State offered. ... I could've been a North Dakota State Bison running around in green and yellow."

It is not a ringing-endorsement but anytime a 2-time (and potentially 3-time) All American states - "it was actually a good program" - we should perceive as positive and accept the national magazine publicity...especially when free publicity and implies choosing NDSU over SDSU.

Great perspective! :bowdown:

WildBill
06-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Lakes,did you forget to mention he originally committed to Minnesota?

Mr. Burgundy
06-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey Wildbill....If Brewster was at U of M at tht time, he would have never let this kid go bigtime.....well, at least he would have tried to keep him.....

WildBill
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Wildbill....If Brewster was at U of M at tht time, he would have never let this kid go bigtime.....well, at least he would have tried to keep him.....

I agree. There were times recruits wouldn't even see mason on official visits. It's nice to see Laurinaitis do well. Anytime a local kid does well,it's a good thing.