PDA

View Full Version : Announcing a D1 Transfer

Mr. Burgundy
05-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Saul and the crew will have a new point guard next year named Drew Lundberg. He will have 3 years left after sitting out this year. He played last year as a true freshman at University of Northern Iowa. 6'2 PG from Owatonna. Bigtime high school player, chose UNI over NDSU initially. HUGE get for Saul as he will not have a schollie this year....and will play for one in the future. Had many D2 offers in football as a WR, great shooter and great athlete. This is huge for them to get a kid of this ability. If you seach for him on rivals you can find some stuff. When he announced his school choice, they had an article on him....you have to be pretty solid for them to be having articles on your school selection. Wanted to redshirt last year, didn't get the chance and then got mono....so basically didn't play the rest of the year. Great talent, going to be fun in the BSA (or new arena) for years to come.

Again, great get by Saul, Dave, Kemp, Will and Danny.

More on him later, just wanted to post the news of the new PG. We now have some great depth at guard both now and in the future.

Getcha popcorn......

Mr. Burgundy
05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Drew started his first high school game as a freshman against a kid named Woodside. Interesting.

Trim
05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Nice. Thanks for the heads-up on that one Mr. Burgundy. Gettin' just jacked thinking about next year's run to the NCAA's.

79FCourt
05-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Why is he leaving UNI?

bisonhusker
05-30-2008, 04:21 PM
he wanted to play for a winner and go to the big dance!

NorCalJack
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the transfer. I was wondering how this will effect Mike Felt. It is my understanding that UNI was interested in Felt, but did not have a scholarship to offer him. If Lundberg is leaving UNI, does this open up a scholarship for UNI? Does UNI use this new scholarship and offer Mike Felt? Maybe someone on this board can give some insight to this move.

I heard that SDSU and NDSU have both offered Mike Felt. Of course I would like SDSU to land him, but if that does not happen then I would like him to land at NDSU.

Sorry for getting off topic, but did not know where else to post this.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

SirHinn
05-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Drew was just on 740 The Fan, seems like a very intelligent young man who has a very bright future with the NDSU basketball team. Saul has to love that he'll have a point guard with some experience under his belt instead of potentially having to rely on a true frosh. Gotta give props to Mr. Ben Jacobsen also, he definately seemed like a coach who put his players best interest first. Awesome find Mr. Burgundy, you are definately the Michael Jordan of Bison inside information.

lakesbison
05-30-2008, 05:38 PM
HELLZ YA>.. DREW and "Z" from sconi land will be lighting up at the "MICROSOFT FARGODOME COMPLEX" on their way to the NCAA's!!

WOW.. great news!!!!

O TOWN BABY!!!! DREW's my BOY!! and Woody's boy!

bisonhusker
05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
This will not affect the potential of signing Felt.

lakesbison
05-30-2008, 06:10 PM
if NDSU wants FELT and FELT wants NDSU.. we will land him too.

period.

Tatanka
05-30-2008, 06:19 PM

period.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/captain_obvious.jpg

:p

TransAmBison
05-30-2008, 06:20 PM

period.
Staggering logic.

lakesbison
05-30-2008, 06:23 PM
60% of the time i am 100% correct.

TransAmBison
05-30-2008, 06:27 PM
+++++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
05-30-2008, 06:50 PM
.06% of the time i am 100% correct.

I fixed it for you. PL

bisonhusker
05-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Lakes....great reference from Anchorman, one of the all time greatest movies.

This signing will actually help us potentially land Felt. Felt is the BEST high school shooter out there. He scored 30 a night last year. Now, he knows we have a true PG coming in with D1 experience to add to Zastrow in Wisco....the backcourt is going to continue to be very strong at NDSU. Great job by the coaches in landing this kid.

lakesbison
05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow..

2009 lineup

1 Zastrow (play right away?)
2 Drew
3 Coleman
4 Tweidt
5 Flowers
________
6th man CARLSON

Nagle, sussy, FELT?? Rothsay kid.

LETS PLAY.

BisonAccountant44
05-30-2008, 10:10 PM
100% of the time I'm at .06% or above:bong:.

I fixed it for you. PL

This one might explain some things. :p

j/k lakes

Golden Eagle
05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Was this kid a legit MVC player?

**edit**

Nevermind. Great pick-up. Always good for the Summit to add good players.

Link to the Panther's talking about his initial signing (http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=6995).

Gully
05-31-2008, 02:22 AM

but there's only a 30% chance of that.

Mr. Burgundy
05-31-2008, 03:51 AM
Is it really that easy to cover sports in this town? You simply read message boards until a story leaks and then you write/talk about it? I need a radio show. I wonder what Kolpack/Hammer/McFeeley post here under?

I still remember when McFeeley was caught reading Bisonville by SDSU fans in brookings last year. That is funny. At least Bisonville is the first to report!!

UTH
05-31-2008, 04:14 AM
Is it really that easy to cover sports in this town? You simply read message boards until a story leaks and then you write/talk about it? I need a radio show. I wonder what Kolpack/Hammer/McFeeley post here under?

I still remember when McFeeley was caught reading Bisonville by SDSU fans in brookings last year. That is funny. At least Bisonville is the first to report!!

McFeeley = lakesbison?

Have an idea for Hammer, but the responsibility for letting it out should fall on someone else's shoulders...

99Bison
05-31-2008, 05:55 AM
Wow..

2009 lineup

1 Zastrow (play right away?)
2 Drew
3 Coleman
4 Tweidt
5 Flowers
________
6th man CARLSON

Nagle, sussy, FELT?? Rothsay kid.

LETS PLAY.

Um, me thinks Carlson will be starting along with flowers, the rest tbd.

Bisonguy
05-31-2008, 06:26 AM
McFeeley = lakesbison?

Have an idea for Hammer, but the responsibility for letting it out should fall on someone else's shoulders...

McFeely is taller than Lakes, and is also more follically challenged.

Mr. Burgundy
05-31-2008, 11:54 AM
I was really waiting for McFeeley to have his article on the UND kid who didn't make grades. Someone he would have spun that article into how we aren't playing them. Hey, McFeeley, since you are reading this today before your golf show, maybe you can throw together an article about that!!!!

Blue
05-31-2008, 10:59 PM

McFeeley checking out Bisonville and some golf websites during the game. I told him he should have learned from TV how to be a better reporter, looks like he didn't take that advice.

Trim
06-02-2008, 04:33 AM
I need a radio show.

I nominate you to take over for Hammer... no doubt about it...

Mr. Burgundy
06-03-2008, 02:10 AM
If I had his show, the UND fans wouldn't like me....but the phone lines would be full!!!!!! I can't imagine me being very fair to the other schools, but every time they sign a D2 player, I would remind them of it!!!!

I will talk to Hammer tomorrow about it.