PDA

View Full Version : Future Schedules / Georgia Southern in 2011

aces1180
05-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Looks like GSU will be honoring the home and home contract with the Bison by coming to Fargo in 2011.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/202130

mebisonII
05-23-2008, 02:39 PM
We can bill it "The battle of the banners!" for their 6 (DIAA) national championship flags vs. all of our DII banners!

Seriously, what a great game:
-One of the historically strongest programs of the division playing the newcomer that's pretty much stormed the division, looking to avenge their loss a couple years ago.
-A team that's struggled looking to reassert themselves as a dominant force by shutting down the brash newcomers.
-Southern smash-mouth football versus Northern smash-mouth football.

So many great ways to hype this game (and probably more ways by 2011!).

aces1180
05-23-2008, 02:43 PM
We can bill it "The battle of the banners!" for their 6 (DIAA) national championship flags vs. all of our DII banners!

-One of the historically strongest programs of the division playing the newcomer that's pretty much stormed the division, looking to avenge their loss a couple years ago.
-A team that's struggled looking to reassert themselves as a dominant force by shutting down the brash newcomers.

I have a lot of respect for them in the fact that they are actually honoring their commitment...Unlike a certain school in the middle of the state to the west of us.

Greenie
05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Future Schedules (confirmed)

2009 (2 games yet to be scheduled, preferably 2 home FCS games)
Sat, Sep 05 @ Iowa State
Sat, Sep 26 @ Southern Illinois
Sat, Oct 03 Illinois State
Sat, Oct 10 Northern Iowa
Sat, Oct 17 @ South Dakota State
Sat, Oct 24 Missouri State
Sat, Oct 31 @ Western Illinois
Sat, Nov 14 @ Indiana State
Sat, Nov 21 Youngstown State

2010 (3 games yet to be scheduled, prefereably 2 home FCS games and 1 away FBS game)
Sat, Sep 18 @ Northern Iowa
Sat, Oct 02 Western Illinois
Sat, Oct 09 @ Youngstown State
Sat, Oct 16 Indiana State
Sat, Oct 23 Southern Illinois
Sat, Oct 30 @ Illinois State
Sat, Nov 13 @ Missouri State
TBA South Dakota State (game will be on a different day than Nov 20 to accommodate the extra week of playoffs)

2011 (2 games yet to be scheduled, preferably 1 home FCS game and 1 away FBS game)
Sat, Sep 24 @ Southern Illinois
Sat, Oct 01 Illinois State
Sat, Oct 08 @ Western Illinois
Sat, Oct 15 Missouri State
Sat, Oct 22 @ South Dakota State
Sat, Oct 29 Northern Iowa
Sat, Nov 05 @ Indiana State
Sat, Nov 12 Youngstown State
TBA Georgia Southern

Contracts (home-away) yet to be completed: Sam Houston State (away), and Montana State (home)

RedRiver
05-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure where you get your information about games yet to be scheduled. Gene is qouted in the article that NDSU has only one game left to schedule for 2010. I heard that was also the case of 2009.

"Taylor said he has one open date remaining for 2010 and that potentially could be a game with a Football Championship Subdivision team."

roadwarrior
05-23-2008, 03:17 PM
But we don't know the identity of those teams beyond what Greenie posted.

imabison
05-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure where you get your information about games yet to be scheduled. Gene is qouted in the article that NDSU has only one game left to schedule for 2010. I heard that was also the case of 2009.

"Taylor said he has one open date remaining for 2010 and that potentially could be a game with a Football Championship Subdivision team."
What year was possibly mentioned as a return battle vs the Gophers?

Was it 2010 or 2011?

I remember it came to mind with the Gateway asked teams not to schedule past 2010 for non conference games due to the expanded playoff schedule.

Hammersmith
05-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Sat, Sep 19 @ Sam Houston State (unless it's been changed)

lakesbison
05-23-2008, 03:37 PM
GOPHERS in 2010 or 2011.

aces1180
05-23-2008, 03:50 PM
GOPHERS in 2010 or 2011.

With new Head Coach Craig Bohl at the helm.

*Let's all hope this isn't the case.

SDbison
05-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Can someone change the title of this thread to Future Schedules? Just more appropriate since that is where all the discussion is going.....Thanks!

SDbison
05-23-2008, 04:03 PM

Maybe NDSU will have a couple FCS national championship banners hanging in the dome by then................

SDbison
05-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Sat, Sep 19 @ Sam Houston State (unless it's been changed)
If that is true, NDSU will have 6 road games (starting out with 3 on the road) and only 5 home games in 2009.

SDbison
05-23-2008, 04:15 PM
GOPHERS in 2010 or 2011.
I would like to see a game against the Gophers in 2010 and then Wisconsin in 2011. Would be awesome to play the Gophers every 2 or 3 years (that is if they want to accept the good possibility that NDSU will beat them).

BisonNeil
05-23-2008, 06:51 PM
But we don't know the identity of those teams beyond what Greenie posted.

Yes we do, partially at least, it was announced some time ago that we play Sam Houston State at their place in 2009. This was a major source of discussion on Bisonsports.net this winter when it was announced because that means at the very best we will have only 5 home games in 2009.

We have open dates in August, before Labor Day, and Nov 7 for a 5th home game.

From Kolpack's blog on March 12, not Sept. 19 date:

Schedule-mania

In a testament to how popular the Bison football program is these days, there's more interest on who the team is going to schedule than anytime I can ever remember. In fact, I can't remember doing any schedule stories in the Division II days of the '90s until the Division I announcement was made in 2002.

So if you're looking ahead, this is who the Bison have in 2009:

Sept. 5: at Iowa State. Sept. 19: at Sam Houston. Sept. 26: at Southern Illinois. Oct. 3: vs. Illinois State. Oct. 10: vs. Northern Iowa. Oct. 17: at SDSU. Oct. 24: vs. Missouri State. Oct. 31: at Western Illinois. Nov. 14: at Indiana State. Nov. 21: vs. Youngstown State.

That's 10 games under contract, according to Gene Taylor. He has a verbal for an 11th, which I presume is Georgia Southern, which owes a return trip to Fargo as part of a home-and-home contract.

Posted by: Jeff Kolpack on 3/12/2008 at 4:01 PM | Comments (9) | Permalink

BisonNeil
05-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Looks like GSU will be honoring the home and home contract with the Bison by coming to Fargo in 2011.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/202130

Did you catch the photo associated with this article?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/full_photo.cfm?id=227759

Now we know why Foster always has the inopportune holding penalties when major plays or TDs are called back. Yikes!

Bisonguy
05-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Did you catch the photo associated with this article?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/full_photo.cfm?id=227759

Now we know why Foster always has the inopportune holding penalties when major plays or TDs are called back. Yikes!

That was a mild no-call in Brookings. I saw Humber a few times with the back of his jersey five yards behind him.

BisonNeil
05-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I saw Humber a few times with the back of his jersey five yards behind him.

Double Yikes!!!!

TexasTerror
05-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes we do, partially at least, it was announced some time ago that we play Sam Houston State at their place in 2009. This was a major source of discussion on Bisonsports.net this winter when it was announced because that means at the very best we will have only 5 home games in 2009.

And lots of complaining from MplsBison on AGS about it too...

What's the deal with SHSU game? Should I be concerned that it's going to be called off?

Bisonguy
05-23-2008, 11:10 PM
I doubt that the SHSU game will be called off. I know it irked Gene having a school (Montana State) buy out the return trip, and I doubt that he would do the same.

Tatanka
05-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I for one would be extremely disappointed if our leadership douched out on a deal like that. and honestly I would be even more surprised. the commitment will be honored.

BisonNeil
05-24-2008, 02:24 PM
I for one would be extremely disappointed if our leadership douched out on a deal like that. and honestly I would be even more surprised. the commitment will be honored.

I agree. NDSU established a very good relationship with the Southland conference during transiton, playing 4 schools on home-home deals. I wouldn't just be surprised if we didn't play them, I would be shocked.

It is, however, unfortunate that it is taking so long to get Geo Southern to Fargo. It would have been nice I think to have Pat Paschall play the school that originally recruited and signed him.

TexasTerror
05-24-2008, 03:03 PM
The Southland has enjoyed our strong relationship with the Dakota schools. It's continuing with USD and UND. Seems McNeese and Southeastern La are going to be making trips north next year and both the schools are playing in Hammond (SLU) this year.

We could use a few more schools in these neck of the woods. The addition of Lamar is good for the conference.

tjbison
05-27-2008, 02:51 AM

Too bad they are so small they won't notice them!:banghead:

SDbison
05-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Too bad they are so small they won't notice them!:banghead:
Hopefully NDSU will have an FBS national champion banner to hang more prominently before the game with Georgia Southern!

mebisonII
05-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Hopefully NDSU will have an FBS national champion banner to hang more prominently before the game with Georgia Southern!

That would seem unlikely...;)

X-Factor
05-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Or maybe Bohl just needs another raise :D

SDbison
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
OK, I meant FCS not FBS.......hey it's Monday.......oops, I mean Tuesday!

tjbison
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
OK, I meant FCS not FBS.......hey it's Monday.......oops, I mean Tuesday!

I knew what you meant!!:D