PDA

View Full Version : I love it:

4mcruenomore
05-03-2008, 06:33 AM
I chat regularly with some fans from LSU, I love the cockiness. They think they will beat ASU by 21 or more, that's fine by me. My Wyo friend thinks the same. I love the fact that no one knows who NDSU is, but how long will it last?

cbline
05-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I think that their little bit of ignorance will last until the Bison make a deep run into the playoffs, hopefully this fall. I would guess that others see the past wins at Ball State, Central Michigan, and Minnesots as "blips on the screen" rather than signs of a strong program. If they regard NDSU as an unworthy opponent, so be it. But we all know that the thunder is still with the Herd and that even more exciting times are ahead.

Civil06
05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I chat regularly with some fans from LSU, I love the cockiness. They think they will beat ASU by 21 or more, that's fine by me. My Wyo friend thinks the same. I love the fact that no one knows who NDSU is, but how long will it last?

I would pick LSU to beat Wyoming by 30.

onbison09
05-03-2008, 03:07 PM
This has happened in ever FBS team we've played. And we always get the same excuses "We were flat" or "coaching sucks". I'm predicting the same thing with Wyo. (not saying we'll win but we'll hear the same things if we do)

TheBisonator
05-03-2008, 03:54 PM
I personally don't like the disrespect, but that's just me. If we ended up playing Eastern Michigan (one of the historically worst FBS teams), I'm sure that even their fans would call us just another I-AA patsy to warm up on, even though we'd probably beat them by 4 TD's, and the fact they probably wouldn't be a top-20 FCS team. I can understand the disrespect from the big power schools who we hypothetically might not have a good shot with, I see nothing wrong with LSU fans brushing off App State. But when NDSU is basically as good of a team as Wyoming, and the Wyoming fans just brush it off as an automatic win only because NDSU is in a lower division, then it sucks.

56BISON73
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Most football fans dont follow FCS football. So I can understand the fact that they arent aware that some teams are very talented. But what ever there view point of FCS football is I could careless and dont take it personally. You cant argue the fact that it is TWO different levels of football if you look at the two divisions as a whole. PL

stevdock
05-03-2008, 05:50 PM
You can't blame them though for talking that way. I've heard the same thing from Bison fans when talking about Austin Peay, and Central Conn. St. Their goal is to come in here and shut us, that's the same goal we have when any FCS team goes and plays a FBS team.

Bison101
05-03-2008, 05:58 PM
You can't blame them though for talking that way. I've heard the same thing from Bison fans when talking about Austin Peay, and Central Conn. St. Their goal is to come in here and shut us, that's the same goal we have when any FCS team goes and plays a FBS team.

Agreed. Too bad that we will splatter Austin Peay and CC State. :D

heymch86
05-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Agreed. Too bad that we will splatter Austin Peay and CC State. :D

haha i think we all thought that last year when we faced Stephen F. Austin in the opener.

CaBisonFan
05-03-2008, 11:49 PM

LSU will be fortunate to win with a green quarterback after graduation and losing their #2 this past week. ASU won't have that problem.

As for the Bison, I'll be surprised if we don't dominate. But I could be wrong. Hope I'm not.

Scooter1
05-04-2008, 12:29 AM
LSU will be fortunate to win with a green quarterback after graduation and losing their #2 this past week. ASU won't have that problem.

As for the Bison, I'll be surprised if we don't dominate. But I could be wrong. Hope I'm not.

Is that California "medicinal" weed you are smoking? (just kidding)

LSU will win this one going away.

Wyoming is going to be a tough game. We won't have 30000 fans at this one to make noise. There is going to be a decided home feild advantage in Wyoming. Let's take them one game at a time.

imported_Bisongold
05-04-2008, 01:49 AM
We didn't have 30,000 fans at Missoula, Ball State or Central Mich. either. The advantage we have is sneaking up on them. I can't believe these people are still this misinformed or is it uninformed! But I do believe the biggest advantage we have is the coaching. The coaches we have are very familiar with Div. I football, period. They know we can compete and aren't afraid to take them on!!

Bison101
05-04-2008, 02:21 AM
We didn't have 30,000 fans at Missoula, Ball State or Central Mich. either. The advantage we have is sneaking up on them. I can't believe these people are still this misinformed or is it uninformed! But I do believe the biggest advantage we have is the coaching. The coaches we have are very familiar with Div. I football, period. They know we can compete and aren't afraid to take them on!!

I think the reason that they are uninformed is that they aren't quite in our "area". The PAC 10, WAC, Mountain West, and even some Big 12 schools could care less about what happens at NDSU. Their media outlets agree. The only thing that matters to some of those schools is what happens on that side of the continental divide.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-04-2008, 09:52 AM

I'm a LSU fan and what happened sucks a lot, but I'd rather not have to deal with problems and have other kids that try and give it their all to play instead. LSU has lost a lot of good players the last 2 seasons to the draft. They have some young talent at the QB spots now and they're quite the players, so I'm looking forward to this coming year, but more excited to see the Bison coming from lockerroom Aug. 28th :)