PDA

View Full Version : Would you take him??

tjbison
05-02-2008, 06:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3378148

what a way to wreck a career!!!

90BISON
05-02-2008, 06:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3378148

what a way to wreck a career!!!

I answered this in the APR thread, because that happened to be the direction it was going. To keep it simple "Absolutely Not".

Bison101
05-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I might take him.

I mean, look at Rhett Bomar from SHSU. He got into trouble at Oklahoma, but then when he went down to Sam Houston, his ways changed, and he became one of their most prolific passsers. You never know!

90BISON
05-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I might take him.

I mean, look at Rhett Bomar from SHSU. He got into trouble at Oklahoma, but then when he went down to Sam Houston, his ways changed, and he became one of their most prolific passsers. You never know!

His ways changed? No, they just couldn't find the right kind of car dealership for him to work at yet.;)

56BISON73
05-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I might take him.

TWO very different scienarios. Bomar was a hell of a QB at OK and was paid for work he didnt do. The kid from LSU has been in trouble before and now this??? PL

90BISON
05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Re: Academic Progress Rate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most troubling statement I've seen in a while in this article regarding some phone calls that are being made,

Perrilloux's former coach at East St. John, Larry Dauterive, said he had not heard from his former player but had fielded more than a dozen calls from Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) programs hoping to land Perrilloux as a transfer.

"I want to see him surface. I want to see him get on the field because he's such a talented athlete," Dauterive said. "I've been doing this 39 years and I've never seen anybody do with a football what he can do. I don't know if his priorities are screwed up or what. He's the best athlete I've ever been around -- ever."

*Sporting News 05/02/2008

Maybe a comparison could be drawn between this case and the case of one of our opponents last year, in Sam Houston State and Rhett Bomar. If Craig Bohl were to call this kid up to get him to play for NDSU, I would be extremely disappointed. I believe in second chances, but it sounds like this kid has been given that and then some already.

* Copied over from APR thread, since it applies more here than it did there.

56BISON73
05-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Re: Academic Progress Rate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most troubling statement I've seen in a while in this article regarding some phone calls that are being made,

Perrilloux's former coach at East St. John, Larry Dauterive, said he had not heard from his former player but had fielded more than a dozen calls from Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) programs hoping to land Perrilloux as a transfer.

"I want to see him surface. I want to see him get on the field because he's such a talented athlete," Dauterive said. "I've been doing this 39 years and I've never seen anybody do with a football what he can do. I don't know if his priorities are screwed up or what. He's the best athlete I've ever been around -- ever."

*Sporting News 05/02/2008

Maybe a comparison could be drawn between this case and the case of one of our opponents last year, in Sam Houston State and Rhett Bomar. If Craig Bohl were to call this kid up to get him to play for NDSU, I would be extremely disappointed. I believe in second chances, but it sounds like this kid has been given that and then some already.

* Copied over from APR thread, since it applies more here than it did there.

I think it would depend on the violations. Ovbviously the kid needed a wake up call and didnt think LSU would give him the hook.
He may still be playing at LSU next year. Hes only been kicked off the team. He is still in school. He could be reinstated. PL

SirHinn
05-03-2008, 02:28 AM
I think it would depend on the violations. Ovbviously the kid needed a wake up call and didnt think LSU would give him the hook.
He may still be playing at LSU next year. Hes only been kicked off the team. He is still in school. He could be reinstated. PL

He's definately not getting reinstated. Thee only reason why he didn't get booted off the team earlier was because of his superstar esk status. Had it been the traditional average Joe making the mistakes he made, they would have been booted along time ago.

90BISON
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
He's definately not getting reinstated. Thee only reason why he didn't get booted off the team earlier was because of his superstar esk status. Had it been the traditional average Joe making the mistakes he made, they would have been booted along time ago.

That's kind of what I took from the couple different articles I read about it. It didn't sound like it was some 1 time incident, I'll be a good boy from now on kind of thing. Sounded more to me like the straw that broke the camel's back and they're sick of it and he's history, end of story. Sounded also like he had to finish out the year at LSU if he wants to play somewhere else next year.

SamsRams
05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Jacksonville Satte is showing interest in him.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-05-06-jacksonville-state-perrilloux_N.htm

My favorite part of this article
The Gamecocks' 2007 starter, Cedric Johnson, was kicked off the team after the season for violating team rules.