PDA

View Full Version : George Hill Declares For NBA draft

buffbison
05-02-2008, 03:33 AM
George Hill from IUPUI has declared for the nba draft but will not hire an agent, so he can come back to school, if he pulls his name by June 16.

link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3376758

SirHinn
05-02-2008, 04:18 AM
George Hill from IUPUI has declared for the nba draft but will not hire an agent, so he can come back to school, if he pulls his name by June 16.

link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3376758

He'll be back, just for the publicity like the Gopher players last year.

bison_05
05-02-2008, 04:27 AM
unlike the gopher players george hill is actually good.

SirHinn
05-02-2008, 04:47 AM
unlike the gopher players george hill is actually good.

Unlike George Hill, the Gophers actually played against legit competition. He's declaring to put his name out, simple as that. He could stay in the draft and go undrafted, but he's not going to do that. George Hill may be good, but he's not stupid.

bison_05
05-02-2008, 04:59 AM
whos to say he's not unlike hundreds of other underclassmen to enter and not get drafted.

silkamilkamonico
05-02-2008, 05:05 AM
He's not doing it for simple publicitity. He's most likely doing it to get a gauge on what he needs to work on to increase his value next year. Underclassmen do it every year, and the majority of them don't have real intentions of going to the NBA in that given year.

SirHinn
05-02-2008, 05:55 AM
He's not doing it for simple publicitity. He's most likely doing it to get a gauge on what he needs to work on to increase his value next year. Underclassmen do it every year, and the majority of them don't have real intentions of going to the NBA in that given year.

He's doing it to get his name out there plain and simple which one could ultimately call publicity. Like you just said, he's doing it to gauge his value for NEXT YEAR which is the exact same reasons why Spenca and Dan declared. I've been studying the draft top to bottom the past 15 years and I won't shy away from saying he won't get drafted this year and is at best a borderline 2nd rounder next year.

heymch86
05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
He's doing it to get his name out there plain and simple which one could ultimately call publicity. Like you just said, he's doing it to gauge his value for NEXT YEAR which is the exact same reasons why Spenca and Dan declared. I've been studying the draft top to bottom the past 15 years and I won't shy away from saying he won't get drafted this year and is at best a borderline 2nd rounder next year.

2nd round next season, unless IUPUI makes the tournament and wins a game or two- then we have another stephen curry, only better. Then Hill goes in the top 20

Jdubs21
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
well congrats to him....nice to know we have players in our confrence with the ability to go to the next level

SirHinn
05-03-2008, 12:08 AM
2nd round next season, unless IUPUI makes the tournament and wins a game or two- then we have another stephen curry, only better. Then Hill goes in the top 20

No chance he goes top 20 next period. Darren Collison, Ty Lawson and AJ Price are borderline first round pics next year, your honestly telling me his stock is going to jump ahead of theirs? It's gonna take a lot more then a game or two.

silkamilkamonico
05-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Rumors are floating around that Lawson will have no choice but to come out this year, because he won't be academically eligible.

Not sure how true those are but it isn't a secret that the kid despises classes.

99Bison
05-03-2008, 04:51 AM

Curry was rediculous last 2 years. Hill not so much...and what Hinn said.

Leobrn12
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I personally think he will leave and go to the NBA, if he sticks around it will be his 5th year at IUPUI. Not to mention NBA scouts say he can be a first round pick this year. Hill is a great player and has it all, he can score, pass, and has good basketball IQ. The pistons took a player named Rodney Stucky in the first round last year and he went to a small school in a small D1 division at Eastern Washington University, so I think it will happen. Plus being an Oakland fan I hope he grets drafted leaving IUPUI very weak going into this year and it will be great exposure for our conference. As Hill would be the 2nd player in 4 years to make the NBA in our conference. (Rawle Marshall)

Thunder_Struck
05-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Maybe to the Wolves at 31?

SamsRams
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
It would be more like the Wolves to trade up with the Heat and take him at 2!

SirHinn
05-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Maybe to the Wolves at 31?

Why not just sign him as a free agent because thee only way he gets drafted is if the timberwolves pull a Rickert and draft him out of sympathy.

bison_05
05-22-2008, 12:14 AM
not gonna happen. since fred hoiberg became an assistant gm the wolves have been a whole lot smarter about drafting players.

silkamilkamonico
05-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Hill isn't a first round value, and with the depth of this draft, he probably won't even get drafted.

I think he'll be back at IUPUI, and will project much better in the draft net year where it's looking like it's not nearly as deep at the G position.

Tatanka
05-22-2008, 02:40 AM
George Hill drinks Sprite?

TheDoctor
05-22-2008, 07:40 PM
George Hill drinks Sprite?

No, but Grant Hill drank Sprite and all that did was get him injured. ;)

aces1180
05-22-2008, 07:50 PM
No, but Grant Hill drank Sprite and all that did was get him injured. ;)

Kobe Bryant drank Sprite as well and ended up getting accusing of sexual assault by a former Northern Colorado coed who was more than one dude that day.

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
05-23-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080523/SPORTS0607/805230422

klomp44
05-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Who will go higher next year, George Hill or Ben Woodside?

NBADraft.net Scouting Report:

Strengths: A very smooth offensive player that is able to score from anywhere on the court relying on his finesse and fundamentals ... Has tremendously efficient shooting percentages: 55% FG, 45 % 3PT and 81% FT ... Fills the stat sheet in all categories with 21.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 1.8 steals per game ... He’s long and lanky which enables him to play bigger than his actual size ... Shows range on his shot out to the NBA 3, has a high and fairly quick release with good balance, and also good elevation ... Has a hefty scoring repertoire; including nice spin moves, a deceivingly quick crossover, midrange game with runners and pull ups, and is able finish contested in traffic ... Shows decent ball handling skills, and for such a good scorer he is very unselfish and a very underrated passer ... His feel for the ball allows him to be in good position for rebounds, as well helping him to be in the right spots on the defensive end ...

Weaknesses: He currently plays more of the SG position, however with his height he is projected as a PG or at least a combo guard at the next level ... He is turnover prone with 2.9 TOs per and can get out of control with his dribble when he is pressured ... While he is a decent athlete, he is nothing spectacular and lacks a first step that may give him trouble playing the lead guard ... His size and quickness are also an issue because he will have a hard time defending either guard position because of these shortcomings ... The fact that IUPUI plays in a small conference may hurt his stock, although he has played fairly well against the better teams on the schedule ...

Notes: During his sophomore season he missed the majority of the year because of a broken foot, and there have been rumors that he is currently playing with screws in that foot, which definitely raises red flags.

On the same website, he's listed as the 50th pick in the '09 draft.

bison_05
06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
espn nba analyst chad ford believes george hill has the potential of being drafted this year.

George Hill, G, IUPUI

Hill was this year's sleeper. He had a great stat line in college and showed himself to be a potential point guard in the pros. He has good size, a good shooting touch and a lot of poise. I don't think he's going to crack the first round, but I do believe he'll be drafted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=Orlandostockwatch080531

bisonhusker
06-03-2008, 02:33 PM
It would really help NDSU if he stays in the draft.

met1990
06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
It would really help NDSU if he stays in the draft.

I think that's a catch-22. It might help the win/loss total, but IUPUI not having Hill isn't going to put more people in the BSA. I wasn't able to make may games last year, but I made sure that was one of them.

NDSUstudent
06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I remember telling my friends when we played IUPUI that Hill has a good chance of playing in the NBA and they didn't really believe me. A few seconds later he had that dunk and they became instant believers.

d3boys
06-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I would love to watch him again at the bsa
great player
dont know if good enough for the nba

SirHinn
06-04-2008, 03:12 AM
I remember telling my friends when we played IUPUI that Hill has a good chance of playing in the NBA and they didn't really believe me. A few seconds later he had that dunk and they became instant believers.

If they became instant believers after a simple dunk, clearly they must not know that much in the first place. If he stays in the draft, he'll be a borderline 2nd round pic.

NDSUstudent
06-04-2008, 03:38 AM
If they became instant believers after a simple dunk, clearly they must not know that much in the first place. If he stays in the draft, he'll be a borderline 2nd round pic.

Well, they do like hockey and don't understand my basketball passion but in all fairness it was a NBA caliber dunk. He also did dominate the rest of the game, not really giving them any reason to doubt his talent.

90BISON
06-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Well, they do like hockey and don't understand my basketball passion but in all fairness it was a NBA caliber dunk. He also did dominate the rest of the game, not really giving them any reason to doubt his talent.

Obviously the refs were in awe of him too, because he never got called for a charge the entire game.:confused: In all fairness he should have had at least 2 or 3, not all of his drives were that clean.

SirHinn
06-04-2008, 08:40 PM

Again call me crazy, but I've never heard of an NBA caliber dunk. I hear that and I instantly think of a reporter asking Bobby Knight about his game face and he mocks the reporter with various faces. What makes a dunk an NBA caliber dunk? How about some of the And 1 Street ballaz, do they throw down NBA caliber dunks? I saw Andre Smith with some pretty big throw downs, were they NBA caliber esk?
I'll give Hill some cred when he throws it down in the paint when there is a legit 7 footer who actually tries to block his shot.

NDSUstudent
06-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Again call me crazy, but I've never heard of an NBA caliber dunk. I hear that and I instantly think of a reporter asking Bobby Knight about his game face and he mocks the reporter with various faces. What makes a dunk an NBA caliber dunk? How about some of the And 1 Street ballaz, do they throw down NBA caliber dunks? I saw Andre Smith with some pretty big throw downs, were they NBA caliber esk?
I'll give Hill some cred when he throws it down in the paint when there is a legit 7 footer who actually tries to block his shot.

I called it an NBA dunk because he made it look so easy, it was smooth and seemed almost effortless. He didn't need to do some gimmicky reverse windmill to get the crowd to gasp. I agree Dre has has had some nice dunks but it is a little different when a PG/SG does it with ease.

onbison09
06-10-2008, 09:10 PM
George hasn't decided yet apparently- http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080609/SPORTS0607/806090411/1068/SPORTS06.

TheDoctor
06-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Headline on the college ball page (with a George Hill pic), Andy Katz weighs in on George and others' decisions. ;)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3441271

Mr. Burgundy
06-16-2008, 02:07 AM
George Hill has hired an agent and will stay in the draft. BIG news for our title hopes next year.

DenverBison05
06-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080615/SPORTS0607/806150390

TheDoctor
06-16-2008, 03:24 AM
George Hill has hired an agent and will stay in the draft. BIG news for our title hopes next year.

1 down and 1 to go! Anyone know any good hitmen in Tulsa???? :rofl: Kidding of course! ;)

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 03:47 AM
if your in a position to get paid to play the game of basketball theres no reason whatsoever to stay in school much less a school in the summit its pretty plain and simple sirhinns been studying the draft for 15 years tho who does george hill think he is?

SirHinn
06-16-2008, 04:24 AM
if your in a position to get paid to play the game of basketball theres no reason whatsoever to stay in school much less a school in the summit its pretty plain and simple sirhinns been studying the draft for 15 years tho who does george hill think he is?

It all comes down to whether or not he thinks he can make a club. He must feel pretty confident, then again though there are always lots of players who go undrafted who think just like him.
Slickvic, maybe you should be an agent? You tend to say moronic things and give horrible advice. If players went by your philosphy, Ben Woodside, Mike Nelson, and Winks would be long gone. Then again though, some people with a brain may not think playing in Russia or Siberia is very enjoyable.

lakesbison
06-16-2008, 04:59 AM
ill take second round draft money over playin in front of 400 home court fans sirhinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SirHinn
06-16-2008, 10:59 AM
ill take second round draft money over playin in front of 400 home court fans sirhinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming from you though, does that really say much? Wouldn't you do a lot of things for money like be the ball boy for the Twins? Ask Rick Rickert, Miles Simon, Tyus Edney, and the list could continue how that 2nd round draft money is treating them. He very well could be a poor poor poor poor poor poor man's Gilbert Arenas or he could be out of the league without getting a damn thing. Then again though as SlickVic said, if you can make a living playing pro basketball, you go pro regardless.

RedRiver
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
It's official, he left his name in for the NBA draft so good news for the Bison. The deadline was 4:00 PM today.

TheDoctor
06-17-2008, 03:17 AM
It's official, he left his name in for the NBA draft so good news for the Bison. The deadline was 4:00 PM today.

That would have sucked for him if he had removed it after he had already signed with an agent. lol ;)

RealWorld
06-19-2008, 04:04 AM
It all comes down to whether or not he thinks he can make a club. He must feel pretty confident, then again though there are always lots of players who go undrafted who think just like him.
Slickvic, maybe you should be an agent? You tend to say moronic things and give horrible advice. If players went by your philosphy, Ben Woodside, Mike Nelson, and Winks would be long gone. Then again though, some people with a brain may not think playing in Russia or Siberia is very enjoyable.

I'm not sure Slick has said one thing that makes much sense on this message board.....his picture is in the dictionary, right next to unrealistic rube that makes all Bison fans look bad. I mean when do we get more playstation updates? They were riviting! I mean edge of your seat, shoud get a cable access show hosted by Stu Scott riviting.

SlickVic
06-19-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm not sure Slick has said one thing that makes much sense on this message board.....his picture is in the dictionary, right next to unrealistic rube that makes all Bison fans look bad. I mean when do we get more playstation updates? They were riviting! I mean edge of your seat, shoud get a cable access show hosted by Stu Scott riviting.

what have you been studying this message board for the last 15 years or something? speaking of stu scott hes got a lazy eye might want to throw that in that riviting sig line of yours ;)

SirHinn
06-19-2008, 04:45 AM
what have you been studying this message board for the last 15 years or something? speaking of stu scott hes got a lazy eye might want to throw that in that riviting sig line of yours ;)

Where's Andre Smith now? I heard he should have left NDSU after his junior since some crazy bison fan said he was in a positin to get paid after his junior year and that's what your supposed to do if your in the position to get paid while your in the summit league if you can make a living off of pro basketball. Look at Andre now, man he sure missed out on SlickVick's philosphy! Slick, you should become the main man on ESPN draft coverage in like 20 years, maye you could make some average late 2nd rounder look like Gilbert Arenas in like 20 years, that would be impressive.

SlickVic
06-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Where's Andre Smith now? I heard he should have left NDSU after his junior since some crazy bison fan said he was in a positin to get paid after his junior year and that's what your supposed to do if your in the position to get paid while your in the summit league if you can make a living off of pro basketball. Look at Andre now, man he sure missed out on SlickVick's philosphy! Slick, you should become the main man on ESPN draft coverage in like 20 years, maye you could make some average late 2nd rounder look like Gilbert Arenas in like 20 years, that would be impressive.

lets be realistic here as ive been studying andre smith for the last 15 years...andres on record saying hed give 10 years of his life to play bison basketball for 1 more year so he obviously wasnt going anywhere and i was talking about leaving early if you have a legit shot at being drafted in the nba sorry that youve stretched my statement beyond recognition ala woody winks ect ect all leaving earlyer to put it in your langauge "thats just plain silly talk right there"...george hill has nothing to prove and theres next to nothing else that can be proved playing another season in the summit its pretty plain and simple sorry to say but it seems like your last 15 years of studying the nba draft have been nothing but a waste

lakesbison
06-19-2008, 02:28 PM
wow.. Slick under attack??? puhhhhhhhhlease...

dude been on fire on this website for a couple years..

like lil wayne says "got money.. he know it... take it out yo pocket then show it and throw like... thisa way..... thatta way... thisa way... "

ball on Slick... BALL ON.....

Greenie
06-19-2008, 03:48 PM
The departure of George Hill has caused ESPN's Bracketology expert (Joe Lunardi) to remove IUPUI as the Summit League champ for the 2009 NCAA tourney. Who is the favorite now? Drum roll please.....
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

lakesbison
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Oral Roberts??

Mr. Burgundy
06-19-2008, 05:06 PM
NDSU is in the conversation.

Mr. Burgundy
06-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Look for the Los Angeles Lakers to try and land an early second round pick (possibly from Seattle) in order to draft IUPUI’s George Hill. He worked out in Los Angeles and reportedly was very impressive. His college team actually ran the triangle offense, and that is always a big factor in the Lakers’ workouts.

I found that this morning. Pretty interesting. I love D1 basketball!!!!

ndsubison1
06-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I gotta go with Oakland right now, they have everyone back pretty much and a great recruiting class.

Mr. Burgundy
06-25-2008, 02:18 AM
http://hoopshype.com/interviews/hill_barrigon.htm

onbison09
06-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Look for the Los Angeles Lakers to try and land an early second round pick (possibly from Seattle) in order to draft IUPUI’s George Hill. He worked out in Los Angeles and reportedly was very impressive. His college team actually ran the triangle offense, and that is always a big factor in the Lakers’ workouts.

I found that this morning. Pretty interesting. I love D1 basketball!!!!
That would be awesome!! Go Lakers!!

bison_05
06-27-2008, 02:02 AM
george hill just got drafted at 26 by the spurs. nice job by him leaving.

SirHinn
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
George Hill first round to the Spurs. I'll be the the first to admit I was defintely wrong about him coming out, smart move on his part!

TheDoctor
06-27-2008, 02:39 AM
George Hill first round to the Spurs. I'll be the the first to admit I was defintely wrong about him coming out, smart move on his part!

Doesn't mean he'll pan out ut because he went 1st round, the money is guaranteed. Just ask my buddy Mike Dunleavy about guaranteed money. He never did ANYTHING in the NBA but get drafted 3rd I believe. ;)

SirHinn
06-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Doesn't mean he'll pan out ut because he went 1st round, the money is guaranteed. Just ask my buddy Mike Dunleavy about guaranteed money. He never did ANYTHING in the NBA but get drafted 3rd I believe. ;)

It defintely helps him that he went to an organization such as the Spurs which will help develop his talent. I never envisoned him going in the first round which shows how incredibly unpredictable the draft is. In my mock draft, I was at around 35% which shows how tough it is. Dunleavy may have struggled with the Clipps, so far he's been absolutely tearing it up with Indiana though.

bison_05
06-27-2008, 03:30 AM

it sure doesnt help when you choose dook for a school.

roper1313
06-27-2008, 04:24 PM
It defintely helps him that he went to an organization such as the Spurs which will help develop his talent. I never envisoned him going in the first round which shows how incredibly unpredictable the draft is. In my mock draft, I was at around 35% which shows how tough it is. Dunleavy may have struggled with the Clipps, so far he's been absolutely tearing it up with Indiana though.

I'll take the checks that he's cashing.

TheDoctor
06-28-2008, 05:27 PM
it sure doesnt help when you choose dook for a school.

WOW! Gotta play the Duke hater card. Your right about one thing, playing at Duke doesn't exactly help your NBA career because after being a highly recruited "star" player, they expect you humble your ego enough to play team basketball and buy into their "family" and then when you transition to the NBA you need to go back to worrying about you and you only. NOW, UNC does a much better job of letting people find the "I" in team and thus become better NBA players. (side note: I don't really feel this way about UNC, but there is a general expectation that if your a fan of one, you have to bash the other, so please don't waist the time typing flaming comments about how they have won a NCAA title more recently than Duke). ;)

SlickVic
06-28-2008, 05:48 PM
booz and lual dang are 2 of my fav dukies playing pro basketball...dunleavy still looks like a diaper dandy his dads prolly the best dressed basketball coach of all time to bad he sucks as a commentator...elton brand was sick that one year the clippers were i the play offs im trying to think who else...anyways id take dang booz and brand over whatever filth uncs put out lately other than hansboro thas my boy ;)

TheDoctor
06-28-2008, 08:44 PM
booz and lual dang are 2 of my fav dukies playing pro basketball...dunleavy still looks like a diaper dandy his dads prolly the best dressed basketball coach of all time to bad he sucks as a commentator...elton brand was sick that one year the clippers were i the play offs im trying to think who else...anyways id take dang booz and brand over whatever filth uncs put out lately other than hansboro thas my boy ;)

Psycho T? If his moves don't get you, his eye balls will! ;)

Mr. Burgundy
11-27-2008, 12:57 AM

I saw on ESPN the other day that George Hill has scored 20 plus points in each of his last three games for the Spurs. PRETTY impressive. I don't think anyone saw that coming....including SirHinn. Ha.

Mr. Burgundy
11-27-2008, 01:00 AM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/george_hill/index.html?nav=page

Not a bad rookie season for the old Summit Leaguer....

Mr. Burgundy
11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
His streak of 20 plus points per night stopped last night. He went for 19 and 11. Glad he put his name in the ring for the draft.

SirHinn
11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I saw on ESPN the other day that George Hill has scored 20 plus points in each of his last three games for the Spurs. PRETTY impressive. I don't think anyone saw that coming....including SirHinn. Ha.

Nope, didn't see that coming froma mile away. This just shows, never doubt the Spurs in whoever they are drafting.

Jdubs21
11-28-2008, 01:34 PM
thats good to see a summit player doin so well

ndsubison1
11-28-2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/george_hill/index.html?nav=page

Not a bad rookie season for the old Summit Leaguer....

yup, he's been doing fairly well. He's started some games for the Spurs

roper1313
12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
yup, he's been doing fairly well. He's started some games for the Spurs

I don't have the link, but ESPN.com ranks the top 50 rookies in the NBA and currenlty has George Hill #3 behind Derek Rose and OJ Mayo.

Not bad company.

d3boys
12-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't have the link, but ESPN.com ranks the top 50 rookies in the NBA and currenlty has George Hill #3 behind Derek Rose and OJ Mayo.

Not bad company.

the twolves had mayo
whoops now they got love