PDA

View Full Version : Seniors Future??

NDSUFan_Sav
04-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Ramon will be a senior this coming season and has put up good numbers and a solid overall LB I feel if Mays made it, he can too. Among him there are other great players that will be seniors...Tyler Roehl, Kole, Schommer, Jangula, Wurzbacher, Shamen (might be a couple i forgot about, sorry).....what do others think of these guys futures???

I have a feeling some of these guys can play football after college hope this season proves even more. Good Luck guys on your senior year and possibly a future with football after college.

bisoningrandforks
04-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Rohel will be drafted next(FB) mark it down! Humber, Heckendorf, Jangula, Harrington, and wurz have a shot.Shamen too many injuries doubt it! the others you mentioned no way!...in 2yrs...with his potential..Keith Buckman. could be others?

SlickVic
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Joe Lardinois Heckendorf And Tyler The Truck All Three Will Play Sunday Football +++++++

NDSUFan_Sav
04-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Joe Lardinois Heckendorf And Tyler The Truck All Three Will Play Sunday Football +++++++

what do you think bout ramon or wurz, slick? you feel they got any shot at all?
I think I could see Ramon on sundays, if he gets the motivation mays had he'll be a really good player and good potential for sundays.

99Bison
04-29-2008, 01:55 AM
IMHO Roehl, Humbar, Heck, Jangula, Harrington, Schommer all should have a good shot. Probably in that order. Not that anyone else can't but, these are currently more prototypical that the teams may look for on the physical sheets.

TransAmBison
04-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Roehl could play Sundays, but for that to happen he has to fix his fumbling problem. It doesn't come up too often, but if he wants a shot it can't happen at all any more. I hope the Bison Faithful can handle some constructive criticism...we'll see.

Jdubs21
04-29-2008, 03:08 AM
im sure roehl will be a blocking FB, he will be like Kleinsasser

AEBison1998
04-29-2008, 03:45 AM
He might be a blocking FB.... but he will not be like Kleindropper.:D :D

99Bison
04-29-2008, 04:31 AM
im sure roehl will be a blocking FB...

yep, with a run here and there

jeffdaryl3rd
04-29-2008, 04:35 AM
I think that of the upcoming seniors, the guys who I could see getting drafted are Lardinois, Roehl and Wurzbacher in that order. Lardinois is an asset against the run and the pass and I feel like a double-digit sack season and a solid combine/pro day will get him solidly into the draft. Roehl certainly was dominant last year, but he is going to have to make his mark as a fullback at the NFL level. Right now he doesn't have the size of a traditional iso-blocking FB but he could obviously put a bit more emphasis on that area if he isn't playing HB. Wurzbacher is big, moves pretty well and has good hands, maybe a solid pro day will get him in a camp somewhere. Beyond that I think our seniors are very good college football players, not necessarily NFL players.

gobison1
04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
There is something that I think a lot of people on this board as well as other Bison fans do not realize. Getting into the NFL is no easy task. If you look at some of the players who have passed through here and gotten a shot (Lamar Gordon, Jared Peck, Rob Hunt, Pete Campion, Isaac Snell, Justin Frick and others...) have not made it. Isaac is still on with Denver's practice squad but other than that nobody has stuck. This list of guys I have passed through were great football players for NDSU. Being a great college football player doesn't get you a ticket or even always a shot at getting into the league. It takes a very special athlete to play on Sundays. There is nothing more fun than to see a former Bison playing in the NFL but I think we need to keep in perspective how difficult playing on Sundays really is. Just my thoughts...

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
There is something that I think a lot of people on this board as well as other Bison fans do not realize. Getting into the NFL is no easy task. If you look at some of the players who have passed through here and gotten a shot (Lamar Gordon, Jared Peck, Rob Hunt, Pete Campion, Isaac Snell, Justin Frick and others...) have not made it. Isaac is still on with Denver's practice squad but other than that nobody has stuck. This list of guys I have passed through were great football players for NDSU. Being a great college football player doesn't get you a ticket or even always a shot at getting into the league. It takes a very special athlete to play on Sundays. There is nothing more fun than to see a former Bison playing in the NFL but I think we need to keep in perspective how difficult playing on Sundays really is. Just my thoughts...

These guys are all great football players......But saying "they will be playing on Sunday" is a reach. Only 200 college football payers are drafted annually. Less than 1/2 of them make the team. Only 1 player from our former conference was drafted. These guys are great players but every D-1 school has great players.

SirHinn
04-29-2008, 05:11 PM
These guys are all great football players......But saying "they will be playing on Sunday" is a reach. Only 200 college football payers are drafted annually. Less than 1/2 of them make the team. Only 1 player from our former conference was drafted. These guys are great players but every D-1 school has great players.

Actually there is is 252 players drafted annually, unless of course it's this year and it's 251. That's also not including the supplemental draft, so sometimes there is a lilttle more :D.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Actually there is is 252 players drafted annually, unless of course it's this year and it's 251. That's also not including the supplemental draft, so sometimes there is a lilttle more :D.

Glad we cleared that up.................

My "Song Remains the Same"

NDSUFan_Sav
04-29-2008, 05:53 PM

along with undrafted players going to camps or signed is quite a few, look at all the names from App State going.....hmmm hmmm or the 2 D1-AA going in 1st round, I know its a reach, but if these guys want it there is a possibility, i'm not saying they will go 1-3rd rounds but a 6th round 7th round could be possibilities

jeffdaryl3rd
04-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't think anyone here is saying that NDSU is going to have half their team drafted, but I think we have a couple legitimate pro prospects among our seniors. As I said earlier, I see it as one guy drafted (Lardinois) and two guys who could get a shot in a camp somewhere (Roehl and Wurzbacher) which I don't think is too unrealistic.

tony
04-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Kind of off-topic but I saw an article after draft day that said that all Washinton state's DI schools put together only ended up with a single 7th round pick this year.

It is very tough to make the NFL.

that guy
04-29-2008, 11:20 PM

WOW someone finally talks some sense on here

that guy
04-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Rohl might be the only one to play on sundays and even thats a lil bit of a stretch

SlickVic
04-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Rohl might be the only one to play on sundays and even thats a lil bit of a stretch

heckendorf has the complete package theres no way he wont play on sundays

that guy
04-29-2008, 11:51 PM
i dunno your right he is pretty good but i dont know i guess well see

NDSUFan_Sav
04-30-2008, 12:14 AM
heckendorf has the complete package theres no way he wont play on sundays

Heckendorf could be like a wes welker type of WR