PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Attendance Predictions

TheBisonator
04-23-2008, 11:51 PM
That time of year again. I decided to look at this a different way this year, because I think every game on our schedule has the potential to sell out. Even the Indiana State game. I also think that three of our games have the potential to overflow and set attendance records. With season ticket sales rising, the time for consistent sellouts is now here. Still, I would think there will be some variation. While I would hope that Indiana State would sell out, and my brain thinks it can, my gut is telling me otherwise. Overall in my predictions I expect basically a sold-out season:

8/28 Austin Peay - 19,074 (This could break a record. Season opener of our first full DI year.)

9/6 Central Connecticut State - 18,722 (Soft sell, but those who were turned away in week 1 will decide to see this one.)

10/4 Southern Illinois - 19,114 (Another record breaker. Homecoming, and Bison fans from all over will want to see the Herd beat up on a Lennon-coached team.)

10/11 Western Illinois - 18,784 (A soft sell here, with a moderately interesting conference matchup.)

11/1 Indiana State - 16,097 (I wish I could say that Bison fans are either loyal enough to not care who the Herd play and see them anyway, or too ignorant to know that Indiana State is the Gateway's doormat.)

11/22 South Dakota State - 19,294 (A record that may not be broken, at least until we get a new stadium or they cram thousands more seats into the FFD. Conference championship or at least a playoff spot will be played for this game. You thought the 2006 Marker game was tits?? This one will blow you away.)

Regular Season Average - 18,514. We crack the top-5 in FCS and the top-100 in the nation.

I'm only counting regular season games, because there's no way we can tell if we'll host a playoff game this season.

I stand behind OPERATION:19,000, but I made this post looking at it realistically.

Care to make your prediction??

NDSUstudent
04-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Peay-19k first game of the year equals huge crowd
CCSU-18,707 first Saturday game also equals huge crowd
SIU- 19,101 big crowd for the return of Lennon and a huge Gateway game
WIU- 18,500 game against a good team, could be less or more depending on our record
Indiana State- 17,000 always poorly attended Harvest bowl plus weak opponent equals smaller crowd(good thing Veterans day is a week later)
SDSU- 19,100 big crowd against bunnies gives NDSU a big push into the playoffs

Swany
04-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Here's to the first home playoff game in the Dome this fall setting an attendance record ... while UND is at home watching :D

X-Factor
04-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Attendance has risen by huge chunks every year for the past few years. This year will be no different, except we will finally be reaching capacity. In fact, I believe if it wasn't for a ~19,000 cap Fargodome, we would see an average increase of over 2500 fans this year.

P - 19,222
CCSU - 19,001
SIU - 19,257
WIU - 19,009
ISU - 18,736
SDSU - 19,300 ....300 Jack fans crammed into the upper sections in the Northwest corner (fans who can't get in continue to drink and tailgate and watch the game with "rabbit ears")

stevdock
04-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm assuming all of these posts so far are based on another 10-1 season. As soon as we lose 2 games, or one at home, these averages will start to fall. How do I know that? Just look at every year since the Dome has been built.

NDSUstudent
04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm assuming all of these posts so far are based on another 10-1 season. As soon as we lose 2 games, or one at home, these averages will start to fall. How do I know that? Just look at every year since the Dome has been built.

The team did average 10,000 fans when it went 2-8 in 2002. I highly doubt a 9-2 NDSU won't attract a lot fans or even 8-3 for that matter. Having a conference and playoffs will only spur attendance.

WYOBISONMAN
04-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I wonder how many a HOME playoff game against MONTANA will draw!:nod: They can't avoid the FARGODOME forever!!

MontanaBisonFan
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM
I wonder how many a HOME playoff game against MONTANA will draw!:nod: They can't avoid the FARGODOME forever!!

Prediction:
The Grizzlies won't make the playoffs.
But the Bobcats will. They won't come to Fargo unless it is in the second round.

Bison101
04-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Prediction:
The Grizzlies won't make the playoffs.
But the Bobcats will. They won't come to Fargo unless it is in the second round.

And I certainly don't want to drive all the way out to Bozeman!

Unless there's some skiing at Big Sky involved...