PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 quarterback left

imported_Bisongold
04-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Word has it that Brekke broke a finger at the last scrimmage. How will they play the spring game now??

NDSUstudent
04-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Eaves???

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1245625&Q_SEASON=2008

BeckerBison
04-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Word has it that Brekke broke a finger at the last scrimmage. How will they play the spring game now??

Probably going to see the running game quite a bit.

Bisonguy
04-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Mertens may play for both teams, with the stipulation that any defender that gets within five yards of him will get kicked off the team. :hide:

Tatanka
04-23-2008, 02:39 AM
This is all an elaborate ploy by Coach Bohl to showcase LakesBison's mad skills at QB.

TransAmBison
04-23-2008, 03:20 AM
This is all an elaborate ploy by Coach Bohl to showcase LakesBison's mad skills at QB.
AAAaarrrggghhh!!!!
You beat me to it!!!!

lakesbison
04-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Steve Walker gave me a crash course saturday night.

Im ready to showcase my skills.....

p.s- SCREW THE RED SHIRT.... JUST TRY AND HIT ME.

UTH
04-23-2008, 03:51 AM
Eaves???

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1245625&Q_SEASON=2008

WOW he looks young - but his major is Pharmacy and he competes in track. His resume ranges far and wide. If he turns out to have an arm, he could give lakes a good run for his money at wide centerback.

cabis
04-23-2008, 03:51 AM
Do we have anyone that has been taking snaps as a disaster relief kind of guy?

TheDoctor
04-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Walker could come out of retirement for the day. I know, I know, he's got a wedding to say "I do" in that day. It may actually be possible though. I can tell you this for sure: Three womens soccer players who finished their elegibilty in the fall have had to play spring soccer with the team due to lack of numbers. Because they are still on scholarship and the next season has not started, they can and have to play. So, any chance Steve has the tux waiting in the locker room for him after his post game shower??????? ;)

I am kidding I hope everyone knows. :D

UTH
04-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Steve Walker gave me a crash course saturday night.

Im ready to showcase my skills.....

p.s- SCREW THE RED SHIRT.... JUST TRY AND HIT ME.

B1SON might take you up on that offer and arrange a private session with you and Mr. Mays. I just hope somebody gets some good video. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/fryingpan.gif

4mcruenomore
04-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Zach Wentz commit to NDSU for sure, just curious
At 6-2, 205, back up material??

lakesbison
04-23-2008, 04:49 AM
kyle belmont was good in high school...

Walker would be awesome playing in the spring game... his wedding is at 3pm.. spring game at 1pm. correct??

just play the 1st half Steve, its bad luck to see the new wifey before the wedding anyways.

OldBison
04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Eaves???

With no time to learn the plays? I doubt it.

Now, for all you smart-ass homers who gave certain Bison fans the raspberries for saying the QB situation sucked due to lack of recruiting, I'm guessing "I told you so" may be in order.

So, where are you hand-wringers? :hide:

mebisonII
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Do we need a quarterback, or can Roehl just take the snaps directly?

(j/k, really)

bisonmike2
04-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Too bad I took too long to graduate and used up all my eligibility. This could have been my time to shine!

Bison"FANatic"
04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
OK I am going to try and make lemonade out of lemons here but long term this could be a good thing, well not a good thing but could force someone having small handle on QB position. It is much better that this happen in the spring than in the middle of the fall or even early in fall. It hurts that Parsons did not stick it our for the last year as a insurance policy as here would be his time to shine but we will see how the coaches handle the situation and who steps up to get the job done.

90BISON
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Do we need a quarterback, or can Roehl just take the snaps directly?

(j/k, really)

It has been done before, seriously. If I remember correctly we did it with Lamar Gordon in a playoff game against Delta State? Was that one of the kitty litter bowl games we played in?

90BISON
04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
OK I am going to try and make lemonade out of lemons here but long term this could be a good thing, well not a good thing but could force someone having small handle on QB position. It is much better that this happen in the spring than in the middle of the fall or even early in fall. It hurts that Parsons did not stick it our for the last year as a insurance policy as here would be his time to shine but we will see how the coaches handle the situation and who steps up to get the job done.

Would there be any reason Parsons couldn't come back, like if we said pretty please? Obviously shouldn't be an issue by this fall, but is an eye opener for the guys behind Brekke.:confused:

Bison"FANatic"
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I am sure he "could" but I don't think it would do any good. The coaching staff will take this opportunity to have someone step up and work on the position. This same thing could happen early next year and if one of the true freshmen for some reason are not ready to step up, we could find ourselves in this position. So take the opportunity give a emergency 3rd string QB some reps and go from there. Just my .02 as I am no coach just a blogging fan.

Bison
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Brecke is practicing today

Bison101
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Brecke is practicing today

Good. Good. :cool:

56BISON73
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM

Now, for all you smart-ass homers who gave certain Bison fans the raspberries for saying the QB situation sucked due to lack of recruiting, I'm guessing "I told you so" may be in order.

How many QBs do you think should be on the roster???? Its like any other position. You can only have so many. PL

Bison101
04-23-2008, 10:16 PM
How many QBs do you think should be on the roster???? Its like any other position. You can only have so many. PL

Where's the infinity key on my keyboard????????

;)

UTH
04-24-2008, 12:25 AM
It has been done before, seriously. If I remember correctly we did it with Lamar Gordon in a playoff game against Delta State? Was that one of the kitty litter bowl games we played in?

True - It was the year of the Kitty Litter Bowl, against UNO, down in Omaha, if I remember correctly.

56BISON73
04-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Wasnt it Oregon who was ranked very high who lost there top two QBs last year and had to rely on the 3rd teamer???

CaBisonFan
04-24-2008, 02:04 AM

Direct-snap to Tyler on every play.

Scooter1
04-24-2008, 02:16 AM

Well, for a while I thought that I wouldn't respond but, hey, that just wouldn't be my style. So, I guess I'm one of the smart assed Homers, I'd rather you called me "Sir". Because just once someone would call me "sir" without adding "you're making a scene". I just couldn't weasle out on this since I pointed out Bisonneil's prophetic Nostradomic rants. But hell, weasling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasles. It's a good thing this should be fairly easy because if something is hard to do, then it's not worth doing.

I know that we are short of quarterbacks right now, but just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. We all know the stats that some use to say we are screwed. Hell, people can come up with a statistic to prove anything. 14% of people know that. So, who do we blame? I've always been a fan of the tactic of if something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak english. (slick, it's not really your fault) (sorry slick, I took a jab, but it was a good natured one. I like your posts.) Maybe we should pannick after all...Operator! give me the number to 911!! Things are going to heck in a hand basket at the QB position. I'm normally not a praying man, but if you are up there, please save us Superman.

Wait, someone just posted that Brecke was practicing, so, life is good. Now I know that there is a god. I've always wondered if there were a god and now I know there is---and it's me. Let's just pray this hold up. Just in case I am wrong, everyone please pray with me..."Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. For the first time in my life everything is absolutely perfect just the way it is and I won't ask for anything more. If that's OK, please give me absolutely no sign. OK, Deal."

If you don't agree well That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college. (und)

MN_BISON
04-24-2008, 02:22 AM
True - It was the year of the Kitty Litter Bowl, against UNO, down in Omaha, if I remember correctly.

The Kitty Litter game was against Delta State. The prior week was against UNO down in Nebraska.

56BISON73
04-24-2008, 02:25 AM
The thing is if we lost two or three from anyone position there would be someone crying that we should have recruited more for that position. PL

UTH
04-24-2008, 02:47 AM
The Kitty Litter game was against Delta State. The prior week was against UNO down in Nebraska.

That pretty much sums up exactly what I was trying to say. After seeing your post, I realized the ambiguity in mine. Thanks for clarifying.:blush:

UTH
04-24-2008, 02:51 AM
Just once someone would call me "sir" without adding "you're making a scene"...

Sir, you may have just invented a style that rivals lakes and slick in legibility. Having said that, ++++++++++++ to your rant.

BisonNeil
04-24-2008, 03:01 AM
I am sure he "could" but I don't think it would do any good. The coaching staff will take this opportunity to have someone step up and work on the position. This same thing could happen early next year and if one of the true freshmen for some reason are not ready to step up, we could find ourselves in this position. So take the opportunity give a emergency 3rd string QB some reps and go from there. Just my .02 as I am no coach just a blogging fan.

Come on, for the love of Pete. Two days, learn the playbook and play???

God almighty, if three of you could rub two brain cells together we could come up with five or six sue fans. Man.....

BisonNeil
04-24-2008, 03:03 AM

The Kitty Litter Bowl was against Davis in the playoffs, only because they spread kitty litter on their field to soak up the rain.

UNO?

SUBISON247
04-24-2008, 03:08 AM
The Kitty Litter Bowl was against Davis in the playoffs, only because they spread kitty litter on their field to soak up the rain.

UNO?

The infamous kittly litter bowl was the 2000 National Semi-Finals against Delta State

BisonNeil
04-24-2008, 03:14 AM
The infamous kittly litter bowl was the 2000 National Semi-Finals against Delta State

Nope, not the first one, nor the second.

Don't remember the year, but Davis spread Kitty litter on their field and painted it green. O'Brien was the QB. We lost that semi-final game (I think 81 or 82).

The next year we hosted them in Fargo at Dakotah. I threw kitty litter, gently mind you, unto the Davis sideline. Souchar laughed his ass off (for those of you who think your Bison fans, he was the head coach who said we had a horse and buggy offense).

So, you can say the Kitty Litter bowl was Delta, but it was not. Kitty litter never hit the field there to my knowledge. It did in Davis and it did at Dakota Field, so even if it did it is no better than #3.

Any other story is simply a copy cat of the original KLB I and II.

End of story.

99Bison
04-24-2008, 03:37 AM
But, can't forget that lakes invented kittly litter... with the intent to throw on football fields to call kitty litter bowl :D

UTH
04-24-2008, 03:50 AM

For me, this was the final push that sent me over the top in frustration with the 'fine people' in charge of DII football. The whole idea of continuing the DII charade was completely dead to me after that fiasco. During the pregame radio shoow, they were talking about the futile efforts they made to produce a "football field". Should've hosted, but instead went south to play waist-deep in muddy kitty litter. I understand that "both teams played on the same field, etc.," but the FFD should have hosted, and as a result, it sucked and I'm still bitter.:banghead:

Strange season, that was. Anybody remember how many different players played QB that season? If I remember correctly, everyone who could actually did take snaps...

heymch86
04-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Ryan Johnson, Craig Gorder, Jason Jordan I believe were the QB's that played. ACL tears in the playoffs to Johnson and Gorder

Thunder_Struck
04-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Now that the Outback is closed maybe Ryan Parson is looking for something to do.

WRSDBison
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Wasnt it Oregon who was ranked very high who lost there top two QBs last year and had to rely on the 3rd teamer???

If memory serves me correctly, only Dixon got hurt. The backup was Ryan Leaf's little brother, who pulled a big brother and turned out to be extremely overrated.

On a side note, I think the Leaf's should both have someone follow them around all day long who is trained in the Heimlich Maneuver due to their choking frequency.

Scooter1
04-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Sir, you may have just invented a style that rivals lakes and slick in legibility. Having said that, ++++++++++++ to your rant.

I guess I was tired of being a wannabe league bowler. I wanted to be a League Bowler. It took me a few minutes of trail and error but, hey I bet Einstein turned himself all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb. It may be a little hard to read but..English- who needs that- I'm never going to England.

Back to the topic, about the QB situtation, Go ahead, play the blues if it will make you happy. The fact is, we are thin this spring at QB. (no! no, no, no, no,no, well...yes) This is plain to see. But, facts are meaningless! You could use facts to prove anything that is even remotely true. The thing is, I agree with most of you. I agree with you-- in theory. In theory COMMUNISM works. In theory. It's just that I'm just not going to get upset about it. Unlike most of you, I an not a nut. My advice would be...Relax. what is mind? No Matter.... What is matter?..... Never mind.

Tatanka
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM

Don't remember the year, but Davis spread Kitty litter on their field and painted it green. O'Brien was the QB. We lost that semi-final game (I think 81 or 82).

The next year we hosted them in Fargo at Dakotah. I threw kitty litter, gently mind you, unto the Davis sideline. Souchar laughed his ass off (for those of you who think your Bison fans, he was the head coach who said we had a horse and buggy offense).

So, you can say the Kitty Litter bowl was Delta, but it was not. Kitty litter never hit the field there to my knowledge. It did in Davis and it did at Dakota Field, so even if it did it is no better than #3.

End of story.

Absolutely kitty litter was all over the field in Cleveland, MS for the playoff vs Delta State. Hell, it made up most of the playing surface.

Whether that was the first one or the third one isn't a debate. But the Delta State was played in kitty litter and mud. Anyone want to wager a guess who "represented" the NCC on the playoff committee that year?

Scooter1
04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Absolutely kitty litter was all over the field in Cleveland, MS for the playoff vs Delta State. Hell, it made up most of the playing surface.

Whether that was the first one or the third one isn't a debate. But the Delta State was played in kitty litter and mud. Anyone want to wager a guess who "represented" the NCC on the playoff committee that year?

The reason used for Delta St hosting was that they had a better record Vs. ranked opponents. So, apparently losing to a team that is not ranked is worth more than losing 3-6 on the road vs. the #2 team in the nation at that time. What a bunch of horse shit.

Was it Roger Thomas? Word is that he laughed about that one to his friends for quite a while.

TransAmBison
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
The reason used for Delta St hosting was that they had a better record Vs. ranked opponents. So, apparently losing to a team that is not ranked is worth more than losing 3-6 on the road vs. the #2 team in the nation at that time. What a bunch of horse shit.

Was it Roger Thomas? Word is that he laughed about that one to his friends for quite a while.
There was plenty more that went on in regards to why the game wasn't played in Fargo. We really don't want to go down this road. A black eye that does not need to be rehashed.

OldBison
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I guess I was tired of being a wannabe league bowler. I wanted to be a League Bowler. It took me a few minutes of trail and error but, hey I bet Einstein turned himself all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb. It may be a little hard to read but..English- who needs that- I'm never going to England.

Back to the topic, about the QB situtation, Go ahead, play the blues if it will make you happy. The fact is, we are thin this spring at QB. (no! no, no, no, no,no, well...yes) This is plain to see. But, facts are meaningless! You could use facts to prove anything that is even remotely true. The thing is, I agree with most of you. I agree with you-- in theory. In theory COMMUNISM works. In theory. It's just that I'm just not going to get upset about it. Unlike most of you, I an not a nut. My advice would be...Relax. what is mind? No Matter.... What is matter?..... Never mind.

This is absolutely the best imitation of slick I have every read. Completely incomprehenible. Congrats!

Scooter1
04-24-2008, 06:44 PM
This is absolutely the best imitation of slick I have every read. Completely incomprehenible. Congrats!

most things are incomprehenible to the old.

4mcruenomore
04-25-2008, 03:26 AM
I find it interesting that the ND all-state AAA team quarterback would take a preferred walk on at NDSU, that says lots for our program IMO, surprising that no one has commented on this.
First team

Offense

Line: Jim Green, 6-4, 230, sr., Wahpeton; Ian McGurran, 6-5, 260, sr., Fargo North; Jerome Hoffman, 5-8, 235, sr., Bismarck; Mitch Haugeberg, 6-3, 293, sr., Minot; and Mason Thorstad, 6-0, 200, sr., West Fargo.

Tight end: Dan Pfau, 6-0, 205, sr., Minot;

Wide receiver: Nate Schlosser, 5-11, 180, sr., Century.

Running back: Josh Horner, 5-9, 180, sr., Fargo South; Jared Gowan, 6-0, 195, sr., G.F. Central; Dane Towery, 5-9, 162, sr., Minot.

Quarterback: Zach Wentz, 6-2, 205, sr., Century.

At-large:Zac Elgie, 6-2, 195, sr., Minot(QB); Jeremy Braun,6-1, 185, sr., Wahpeton (RB); Mike Ingemansen, 5-11, 210, sr., Bismarck (RB).

Defense

Line: Robert Regan, 6-2, 216, sr., Jamestown; Ben Kringstad, 6-3, 240, sr., Century.

Linebacker: Alex Hooey, 6-1, 210, sr., Fargo South; Matt Dockter, 6-2, 200, sr., Fargo South; David Jones, 6-0, 220, sr., Fargo South; Brandon Jemison, 6-1, 190, jr., Fargo South; Jeff Van Rees, 5-8, 180, sr., Minot; Steven Hay, 6-1, 170, sr., West Fargo.

Secondary: Andrew Richter, 5-11, 175, sr., St. Mary's; Tyler Johnson, 5-9, 160, sr., Bismarck; Tony Gross, 6-1, 195, sr., Fargo South

BraxtonT
04-25-2008, 05:08 AM

End of story.

The year was 1982. Jim Sochor was the coach at Davis when the Aggies beat the Bison 19-14.

For some reason everytime I see 19-14 on a scoreboard in any sport, I get this rotten feeling that if the team I am cheering for has the 14, they are going to lose! AAARRRGGGHHH!!

One would think that after nearly 26 years that I'd get over it, but......