PDA

View Full Version : Schilling to Augie

bisonhusker
04-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Schilling will sign with former NDSU coach Tommy B. today down at Augie. Good signing for them.

Greenie
04-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Good ol' Texas Tom Billeter. Those were some good and exciting Bison basketball teams. You never knew who would be on the team until the 1st game, but he always put together a highly-competitive crew.

lakesbison
04-18-2008, 08:26 PM
yes. wanted to stay near home. didnt want pressure on him

marcus his coach is a friend of mine and extremely pushed NDSU down his throat, drove him 6 hours roundtrip to a couple ndsu games and everything!!

OH WELL!!!

MN_BISON
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
yes. wanted to stay near home. didnt want pressure on him

marcus his coach is a friend of mine and extremely pushed NDSU down his throat, drove him 6 hours roundtrip to a couple ndsu games and everything!!

OH WELL!!!

Well I guess we know why he didn't come to NDSU............:D

sambini
04-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Good luck to him and Coach B++++

ThunderDan
04-19-2008, 01:39 AM
I hope NDSU wasn't seriously recruiting him anyway....yeah the kid is the all time leading scorer in MN, but anyone who has seen him play knows that he's not DI material...why do you think his final options were NAIA and low DII schools?

BlueBisonRock
04-19-2008, 02:31 AM
I hope NDSU wasn't seriously recruiting him anyway....yeah the kid is the all time leading scorer in MN, but anyone who has seen him play knows that he's not DI material...why do you think his final options were NAIA and low DII schools?

Winona State was recruiting him. Seems to me that they have established a program that is not considered as a low DII school. Where did they finish up again?

BisonBlogger
04-19-2008, 02:24 PM
It is only fair to point out that the current NDSU roster is filled with guys rejected by most D1 schools.

With perimeter players especially, you really don't know what kind of heart and intangibles they have until they step on the floor against High Major teams. If Mr. Schilling had any doubts about that, he is at the right level.

RedRiver
04-24-2008, 12:13 AM

I hope when the Bison are after a recruit there are other DI mid-majors looking at them also. We need to continue to go after the type of recruits that can get us and keep us at the top of the Summit League.

klomp44
04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Technically, Nevada was looking at him too, but only as a walk-on. I'm guessing NDSU would've made him walk-on? I know Tubby talked to him about walking-on. The thing is. He will probably play alot his first years, while he could walkon at a D1 school and play minimally until senior season, if at all.

wcb_sas
04-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I hope NDSU wasn't seriously recruiting him anyway....yeah the kid is the all time leading scorer in MN, but anyone who has seen him play knows that he's not DI material...why do you think his final options were NAIA and low DII schools?Schilling will be a great player at the D2 level ... his scoring ability (frankly his all-around offensive game) is D1 calibar. He is a kid that will make his mark.

He's also a kid that wanted to stay close to home, very family oriented and this makes Augustana a conference contender next year.

Its true that Winona State wanted him badly!

klomp44
04-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Hows it going wcb?

CaBisonFan
04-28-2008, 03:28 AM
Technically, Nevada was looking at him too, but only as a walk-on. I'm guessing NDSU would've made him walk-on? I know Tubby talked to him about walking-on. The thing is. He will probably play alot his first years, while he could walkon at a D1 school and play minimally until senior season, if at all.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Play at another level for a year or two, develop, and hopefully get noticed by DI schools...with a better offer. Sounds like a smart move to me.