PDA

View Full Version : Baseball team afflicted by Bad Mojo

tony
04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't think that there is any question that our baseball team is suffering from some really bad mojo. Seriously, the no-hitter loss? The 17 inning defeat? What next: a plague of frogs and rain of blood?

For ages and ages, cultures have tried to deal with this kind of thing in a myriad of ways. For example, if a Viking captain had bad weather luck, his crew might push him overboard (or so it has been said). In the Bible, the ancient Hebrews transferred their bad mojo to a goat and set it into a wilderness. In fact, a central thesis to a book called the Golden Bough is that ALL religions and mythologies have this common thread (I'm pretty sure that this thesis has been kicked to pieces, but there is no disputing that the losing of Bad Mojo is a huge deal to a lot of belief systems).

Pilgrimages, sacrifices, blessings, penances, clapping, dancing, fireworks, love-making (yep), etc - they've all been tried by other folks with mixed results.

Anyway, there is no doubt that our baseball team is laboring under a dark cloud. So how can we get rid of the baseball team's bad mojo?

The only thing I've come up with so far is getting a Bison baseball cap blessed by the Pope when he comes to the US. Any other ideas? This case is so bad that we might have to try multiple remedies.

UTH
04-14-2008, 02:46 PM
You might be onto something here. I have a good idea who is most likely to be responsible.

WANTED
FOR QUESTIONING
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/SDSUJacksBrookingsBunnyRabbitkimiln.jpg
Bunny Jack Ill

*i propose sacrificing virgin bunny rabbits http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/snipersmilie.gif.......:bunnyb:

lakesbison
04-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, its spring time, time to start shooting those dam things, hopefully that will lift the BISON BASEBALL CURSE!

hey, at least they are making national headlines!

bad publicity is still PUBLICITY!

tony
04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Actually, they're making international headlines. The no-hitter deal was in the International Herald Tribune (180 countries).

jeffdaryl3rd
04-15-2008, 03:44 AM
What has to be frustrating for the team (I know it is for me) is that the casual fan looks a 6-18 record and thinks "just another bad season for the baseball team" when in fact it seems like this team is playing well but is just snake bit. They have had a few lopsided games, but they seem to be consistently putting themselves in a position to win games and just can't catch a break. Hopefully the guys hang in there because I think this season, despite the record, is a big step forward for the program.

jeffdaryl3rd
04-15-2008, 03:49 AM
Speaking of snake-bit, how about Bushland's line from Saturday:
11.1 IP, 1 ER, 11 K, 176 pitches...and the loss.
Hang in there guys, you're bound to have one bounce your way eventually.

roadwarrior
04-15-2008, 11:56 PM
It looks like the wind blew away the bad mojo today. 22-11 Bison over Mary

roadwarrior
04-16-2008, 12:58 AM
23 players were in the game for the Bison today.

Kole Zimmerman hit three home runs in the game, which ties a school record.

lakesbison
04-16-2008, 01:40 AM
SWEET!! way to go KOLE!!

jeffdaryl3rd
04-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Good to see by the guys get one in the win column today, hopefully they can carry it into the weekend.

SlickVic
04-16-2008, 04:13 AM
what goes around comes around ++++++++++

ndsubison1
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM
freshman Dustin Wenzel had a pinch hit grand slam vs. Mary. He hasn't played much so I thought I'd give that a mention

Bison101
04-26-2008, 02:19 AM
freshman Dustin Wenzel had a pinch hit grand slam vs. Mary. He hasn't played much so I thought I'd give that a mention

That is Mary........