PDA

View Full Version : Bears Call Frick back!!!!

bisoner1011
04-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Word is Bob Babich calls Justin Frick and see if he is still in football shape!!!

Gully
04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Is he in football shape?

lakesbison
04-12-2008, 10:22 PM
last time I saw him out... it was a different kind of shape he was in.. HAHA.

YOU DA MAN FRICK!! Babby will take care of you!

Dont be surprised to see Joe Mays & Drago in chicago too!

oh, and a certain quarterback with comeback skills.

Herd
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Bears QB's?? The bar is not set too high is it now!! ha-ha

I could become a closet bears fan with a few bison signings. But, they'd still need to lose to the pack.

Bison101
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
last time I saw him out... it was a different kind of shape he was in.. HAHA.

YOU DA MAN FRICK!! Babby will take care of you!

Dont be surprised to see Joe Mays & Drago in chicago too!

oh, and a certain quarterback with comeback skills.

Mays and Drago... maybe.

Walker.... :confused:

G-city Bison Fan
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Man if two or more NDSU players end up on the Bears roster I may just have to take in a bears game.

I always wanted to go to one with an NDSU flag anyways...just for Bob.

CaBisonFan
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Man if two or more NDSU players end up on the Bears roster I may just have to take in a bears game.

I always wanted to go to one with an NDSU flag anyways...just for Bob.

It 'would' be fun wouldn't it? Having a few Bison players on the roster would be just fine for recruiting too...especially in Illinois. Maybe everywhere. Exposure like this would be treeeemendous.

Is Frick actually thinking about trying the NFL. Word was that he had decided not to even try it because of his knees & other nagging injuries. It came from a 'very' reliable source.

CaBisonFan
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Word is Bob Babich calls Justin Frick and see if he is still in football shape!!!

It wouldn't take much for me to become a Bears fan. I hate the Packers...and the Vikings mystique disappeared about two decades ago, for me. Having 2 or 3 Bison players actually playing for them would do it for me. I'd love to see Justin, Joe, Steve, & Dr. D playing for them. Steve Walker could outplay Rex immediately. I'd hand him the ball and say..."it's all yours Steve."

bison_05
04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Steve Walker could outplay Rex immediately. I'd hand him the ball and say..."it's all yours Steve."

wow!!! take off the homer glasses.

SirHinn
04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
It wouldn't take much for me to become a Bears fan. I hate the Packers...and the Vikings mystique disappeared about two decades ago, for me. Having 2 or 3 Bison players actually playing for them would do it for me. I'd love to see Justin, Joe, Steve, & Dr. D playing for them. Steve Walker could outplay Rex immediately. I'd hand him the ball and say..."it's all yours Steve."

I agree with Bison 05, take off those damn glasses. Steve would be happy to make a practice squad and just be given an opportunity at this point.

TransAmBison
04-13-2008, 11:59 PM
I agree with Bison 05, take off those damn glasses. Steve would be happy to make a practice squad and just be given an opportunity at this point.
I think Steve could take him. No doubt in my mind. And I do not consider myself a homer at all. I just call them as I see them. And Da Bears could use the qb from Da Bison.

CaBisonFan
04-14-2008, 02:16 AM
wow!!! take off the homer glasses.

Put on some glasses. Rex is a train wreck. :bow:

Mr. Burgundy
04-14-2008, 02:48 AM
We are talking about the All American 1st round pick from Florida correct? The guy who was in the super bowl? Ok, just checking. He isn't a stud, but he could be in the correct situation. He had no running game, no receivers and an average at best line last year.

SirHinn
04-14-2008, 02:56 AM
I think Steve could take him. No doubt in my mind. And I do not consider myself a homer at all. I just call them as I see them. And Da Bears could use the qb from Da Bison.

They are always on the lookout for pratice squad qb's, no doubt about that.

CaBisonFan
04-14-2008, 03:40 AM
We are talking about the All American 1st round pick from Florida correct? The guy who was in the super bowl? Ok, just checking. He isn't a stud, but he could be in the correct situation. He had no running game, no receivers and an average at best line last year.

The Bears were in the Snooper Bowl in spite of Rex Grossman. Their great defense brought them there. I have nothing against Grossman, but I see him as a backup NFL quarterback, at best. Your points are well taken however.

4mcruenomore
04-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Great for Frick, and I wish Steve the best.

SirHinn
04-14-2008, 09:10 AM
The Bears were in the Snooper Bowl in spite of Rex Grossman. Their great defense brought them there. I have nothing against Grossman, but I see him as a backup NFL quarterback, at best. Your points are well taken however.

So what has Steve Walker done that Rex Grossman hasn't during his career? How many games did you watch Rex Grossman play? Have you studied and analyzed tape of him?

funteddy
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Frick you the man!

stevdock
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Without Grossman's chuck it deep philsophy at qb and actually connecting on one a game, he would have so much worse stats then he already does. I don't understand how he has started so many games in the nfl. The bears will not get back to the playoffs with him as qb, especially since the d will not be as special as they were in previous years. Walker is at least on an even playing field with rex. Steve may not have the physical attributes that rex does, but smarts can make up for a lot. Look at how long Steve Walsh was in the league and I think Walker has at least as much potential as Walsh did.

TheDoctor
04-15-2008, 05:10 AM
It 'would' be fun wouldn't it? Having a few Bison players on the roster would be just fine for recruiting too...especially in Illinois. Maybe everywhere. Exposure like this would be treeeemendous.

Is Frick actually thinking about trying the NFL. Word was that he had decided not to even try it because of his knees & other nagging injuries. It came from a 'very' reliable source.

I talked to Frick about 2 weeks ago for quite a while (he is "bouncing" at Chubs). I told him that I had his Bears jersey and he mentioned that he had seen that in Bison Illustrated and was happy that I had it and was proudly displaying it. At the time, he said the NFL was far from his mind and I said I couldn't believe that because of how close he came last year (2nd to last cuts). Maybe Babich's phone call was an "opportunity" to start getting into football shape incase a free agent offer came after the draft. Good luck to Frick if this is the case. ;)

sambini
04-22-2008, 04:22 AM
Any more on Justin going to DA BEARS?