PDA

View Full Version : UNI or Wyoming???

NDSUstudent
04-11-2008, 07:26 PM
I am a poor college student and have to pick between UNI or Wyoming as my one roadtrip for next year. Both options are interesting with Wyoming being a winnable FBS opponent and really the Herd's first big test of 2008 season. I've also never been to Wyoming so it would be interesting to check it out. It is a longer roadtrip though, 13 hours compared to 6, and that means lost tailgating time needs to be accounted for.

UNI on the other hand should be a great game and could very well play a huge role in deciding who wins the Gateway title. The UNI Dome has always looked like a cool stadium to visit and I have always wanted to compare it to our beloved Fargodome. I like the 4pm kickoff but if I miss another Bison FBS win I will be kicking myself. Is anyone else faced with this epic dilemma? If so where are you leaning or have decided? Anybody been to Wyoming or UNI and have a recommendation?

TransAmBison
04-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I am a poor college student and have to pick between UNI or Wyoming as my one roadtrip for next year. Both options are interesting with Wyoming being a winnable FBS opponent and really the Herd's first big test of 2008 season. I've also never been to Wyoming so it would be interesting to check it out. It is a longer roadtrip though, 13 hours compared to 6, and that means lost tailgating time needs to be accounted for.

UNI on the other hand should be a great game and could very well play a huge role in deciding who wins the Gateway title. The UNI Dome has always looked like a cool stadium to visit and I have always wanted to compare it to our beloved Fargodome. I like the 4pm kickoff but if I miss another Bison FBS win I will be kicking myself. Is anyone else faced with this epic dilemma? If so where are you leaning or have decided? Anybody been to Wyoming or UNI and have a recommendation?

Donate plasma and go to both.

NDSUstudent
04-11-2008, 08:03 PM

I should have mentioned that I'll be going with one other poor college student who will probably be paying for his trip in part with plasma donations and another who can't take both Fridays off from work. This is a real dilemma here, just one will work. I also can't get too crazy, with the playoffs and the possibility of Chattanooga to think about.

lakesbison
04-11-2008, 08:03 PM
YOUNGSTOWN, UNI AND WYOMING..

START SAVING THIS SUMMER!!

GONNA BE A FREAKIN RIOT AT ALL 3 !!!

UNI should be easy. everyone on campus should know SOMEONE in the TWIN CITIES.. catch a ride with them and convince them to drive 2 1/2 hours farther to cedar rapids!

aces1180
04-11-2008, 08:07 PM

Better yet, do a few PRACS studies.

TransAmBison
04-11-2008, 08:12 PM

UNI should be easy. everyone on campus should know SOMEONE in the TWIN CITIES.. catch a ride with them and convince them to drive 2 1/2 hours farther to cedar rapids!
http://www.bankersball.com/images/capslock.jpg

runtheoption
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
If you are really, really interested in the game. (and not too worried about partying)......

I would do like Lakes says and find a ride down to the UNI game. Splitting gas 4-5 ways wouldn't be too expensive. Then when down there, do the whole experience "on the cheap." Don't spend any money in the bars, bring your own booze (or better yet, don't drink at all and save more money); pack coolers full of food/water so you don't have to eat out; get a hotel room in a small town outside Cedar Falls, or better yet, drive back to the Cities and crash at a buddies place there for free. I think you could do a UNI trip for under $100.

Then you could hit Laramie and go crazy!!!!

NDSUstudent
04-11-2008, 08:14 PM

All Three???

I might not survive the season if I do that many roadtrips. Saving in the summer is tough when I spend all weekend at the Lakes, take a few roadtrips to Twins games, and golf. All of which help keep me sane and ready for the 6 months of winter. Not everyone can roll like you lakes. I might be able to do two but three would be impossible. I do commend you for doing all three, that is impressive lakes.

NDSUstudent
04-11-2008, 08:22 PM
If you are really, really interested in the game. (and not too worried about partying)......

I would do like Lakes says and find a ride down to the UNI game. Splitting gas 4-5 ways wouldn't be too expensive. Then when down there, do the whole experience "on the cheap." Don't spend any money in the bars, bring your own booze (or better yet, don't drink at all and save more money); pack coolers full of food/water so you don't have to eat out; get a hotel room in a small town outside Cedar Falls, or better yet, drive back to the Cities and crash at a buddies place there for free. I think you could do a UNI trip for under $100.

Then you could hit Laramie and go crazy!!!!

Maybe UNI won't be as expensive as I thought, what you describe sounds a lot like the SDSU trip my friends and I did in the fall. I think we ate out a few times(fast food mostly), stayed with my relatives, and brought our own booze. I doubt I spent more then a $100. Now I just need to figure out how much a trip to Wyoming is going to run, we are thinking about flying but not sure, it would be a lot of driving.

TheBisonator
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I've decided I'm not going to the Wyoming game, but I'm going to UNI instead. If I have the money, I may also go to Illinois State.

Laramie is WAAAAAAAY too far away for me.

Trim
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
If you truly have to do one or the other, I'd pick Wyoming. FBS games are few and far between for us. You'll have plenty more opportunities to go to UNI. But as others have said, UNI can be done pretty cheap so do 'em both my man!

mebisonII
04-11-2008, 08:58 PM

And once you make it to Cedar Rapids, don't forget to turn around and drive 1 hour back north for the game :blush:

Hammersmith
04-11-2008, 08:59 PM
My decision was going to be between Wyoming and Youngstown State. I'd love to see the FBS game and I thought I might have a cheap place to stay since a high school friend lives in Casper. On the other hand, I think a couple good friends who I rarely get to see are coming west for the YSU game. It was quite the dilemma, until the friend from Casper called me the other night and asked me to be the best man at his wedding. On Sept 12th. In Nebraska. I guess I'm this year's SDbison. If anyone has ideas on how I can listen to the Wyo game while (probably)traveling from Lincoln-ish to Fargo, I'm all ears.

runtheoption
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
My decision was going to be between Wyoming and Youngstown State. I'd love to see the FBS game and I thought I might have a cheap place to stay since a high school friend lives in Casper. On the other hand, I think a couple good friends who I rarely get to see are coming west for the YSU game. It was quite the dilemma, until the friend from Casper called me the other night and asked me to be the best man at his wedding. On Sept 12th. In Nebraska. I guess I'm this year's SDbison. If anyone has ideas on how I can listen to the Wyo game while (probably)traveling from Lincoln-ish to Fargo, I'm all ears.

Per Mapquest: From Lincoln to Laramie is 6.0 hours 46 minutes at 493.60 miles.

I think that could easily be done in 6 hours. Just have to be driving a little hungover and tired on Saturday morning.

You can do it!

Tatanka
04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
UNI or Wyoming? Yes.

*Spoken like a true mathematician!!!