PDA

View Full Version : Bison no-hit Creighton....and lose?!?!?

DofR
04-10-2008, 12:18 AM
http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89371&SPID=78&DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=1436791

NDSU pitchers Chad Berg and Chris Paterson combined on the no-hitter, which is believed to be the first-ever of its kind against the Bluejay baseball program. Berg threw the first inning and one batter in the second before Paterson threw the final five innings.

02Bison
04-10-2008, 01:02 AM
http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89371&SPID=78&DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=1436791

Easy to no hit a team if you don't throw any strikes....9 walks in 6 innings...OUCH!

footb84
04-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Bison also make FoxSports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8006634/North-Dakota-St.-loses-despite-no-hitter-

sambini
04-10-2008, 02:16 AM
My Oh My ?????

Bisonguy
04-10-2008, 02:27 AM
My Oh My ?????

More like, why, oh why?

GetSerious
04-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah there we go lets be real negative about a no hitter....Who cares we walked nine guys Chris Patterson can tell his kids one day that he threw a no hitter against a team that did damage in the NCAA tourney the year before!

Bison now the real season starts, OWN THE SUMMIT from here on out! Keep Hofer in the lineup coach the dude is a balla!

Mongo I think you found your set-up man before Bushland in Patterson ride that W's baby!!!!

02Bison
04-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Yeah there we go lets be real negative about a no hitter....Who cares we walked nine guys Chris Patterson can tell his kids one day that he threw a no hitter against a team that did damage in the NCAA tourney the year before!

Bison now the real season starts, OWN THE SUMMIT from here on out! Keep Hofer in the lineup coach the dude is a balla!

Mongo I think you found your set-up man before Bushland in Patterson ride that W's baby!!!!

I don't think there's a baseball coach in this world that would be happy with 9 walks over 6 innings from his pitching staff. I am in no way being negative. I'm telling it like it is.

lakesbison
04-10-2008, 05:07 AM
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffdaryl3rd
04-10-2008, 12:54 PM
While it is nice for those two guys to be able to say they threw a no hitter, when you lose the game because you walk nine guys and bean another in six innings that is embarrassing. Hopefully the team can grab a quick win here and regain some momentum going into the non-ORU segment of the conference schedule and do some damage.

99Bison
04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Makes first page of MSN, second link on today's features.
http://www.msn.com/

GetSerious
04-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah so sitting here and dwelling on the negative is going to change alot of things.......Sure no coach is going to be happy with walks or losing for that matter but if any of you guys knew Chris Patterson and the type of person he is you would be excited for him as well!

All you so called Bison fans that come on here and run your mouth about this baseball program and then go on the basketball board and think there so great are lost! If NDSU baseball played the type of schedule that the basketball and football programs play (low division 1 teams) then they would be right up there at .500 or better as well.

Im sick and tired of the baseball program being bashed by people who only look at record and stats all the time. Lets throw Woody and Winkleman out there consistently against top basketball programs and see how they produce....

Either be supportive of this team or go swing from the jocks of this other so-called super athletes playing weak competition........

lakesbison
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8006634/?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

FRONT PAGE!! & 85 comments!!

I dont care about the outcome.... NDSU on the FRONT PAGE iS MARKETING GENIOUS!!!

I LOVE IT!

LETS FILL NEWMAN OUTDOOR THIS WEEKEND!!

AMEN GET SERIOUS!!

aces1180
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8006634/?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

FRONT PAGE!! & 85 comments!!

I dont care about the outcome.... NDSU on the FRONT PAGE iS MARKETING GENIOUS!!!

I LOVE IT!

LETS FILL NEWMAN OUTDOOR THIS WEEKEND!!

AMEN GET SERIOUS!!

Fill Newman for what? A snowball fight and chance to break Bismarck's snow angel record? No chance that the Bison play in Fargo this weekend according to every news outlet's weather forecast.

BlueBisonRock
04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah so sitting here and dwelling on the negative is going to change alot of things.......Sure no coach is going to be happy with walks or losing for that matter but if any of you guys knew Chris Patterson and the type of person he is you would be excited for him as well!

All you so called Bison fans that come on here and run your mouth about this baseball program and then go on the basketball board and think there so great are lost! If NDSU baseball played the type of schedule that the basketball and football programs play (low division 1 teams) then they would be right up there at .500 or better as well.

Im sick and tired of the baseball program being bashed by people who only look at record and stats all the time. Lets throw Woody and Winkleman out there consistently against top basketball programs and see how they produce....

Either be supportive of this team or go swing from the jocks of this other so-called super athletes playing weak competition........

Hey Get. Glad you are bringing your frustrations to the table.

Your initial point is excellent. Lets provide some positive support to the Bison Boys of Summer. Because of Bisonville, I am now following all NDSU sports including baseball - one of my favorites while growing up. I have recognized the level of competition as being 'difficult' and was not expecting this year’s team to spank the big boys.

I have been pleasantly surprised as the Bison have been in a number of these games. Call them moral victories, but these close games have demonstrated that the NDSU Baseball team does have talent and ability. In order to move to the other side of the W-L ledger, win some of these close games, and establish the Bison BB team as a force, the team will want to make some adjustments. My limited coaching experiences tell me that a pitcher should throw strikes. When a pitcher has control problems, the cause is usually confidence in his abilities and those of his defense. The pitcher ends up putting way too much pressure on himself. I believe that the comments which upset you were summarily making similar statements. Statements that were interpreted as being an attack on the team.

I am concerned that you defended the BB team by denigrating other teams rather than by showing the positives of the BB team. There are other ways to make that point AND gain agreement from the Bisonville community. Perhaps you could repost with an "I beg to differ" statement supported by factual information to make your point?

Personally, I am optimistic about the NDSU baseball team and I do expect finish in the top half of the conference standings. My optimism is fueled by the close games the Bison have played and by an expectation that the Bison will learn from and correct their mistakes. Once this team realizes that they do have the talent, they will have the opportunity to step up and 'overachieve'. Please recognize, there is no correlation between this team’s ability to succeed and the relative success and schedule of other Bison teams.

DofR
04-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Paterson did a hell of a job in his performance against Creighton, who is consistently one of the best teams in the MVC...he started the second game as well and pitched 3 1/3 without giving up a run.

lakesbison
04-10-2008, 08:08 PM
wow, that MSN link is just crushing!!

Why isnt there more talk on here about this!

THIS IS NATIONAL PRESS!!

sambini
04-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Fill Newman for what? A snowball fight and chance to break Bismarck's snow angel record? No chance that the Bison play in Fargo this weekend according to every news outlet's weather forecast. SPRING HAS NOT ARIVED YET.....

onbison09
04-14-2008, 11:27 PM

So playing the defending nat. champs (Florida), Defending MAC champs (CMU in football), Wisconsin, Marquette, Minnesota are low division teams? Nobody's knocking the baseball team as much as they are knocking the administration for not enough scollies. The baseball team is definitley better than their record shows but baseball will never be as big as ftball or bball in Fargo. Those are just facts.

bisonpride2k
04-15-2008, 05:26 AM
So playing the defending nat. champs (Florida), Defending MAC champs (CMU in football), Wisconsin, Marquette, Minnesota are low division teams? Nobody's knocking the baseball team as much as they are knocking the administration for not enough scollies. The baseball team is definitley better than their record shows but baseball will never be as big as ftball or bball in Fargo. Those are just facts.

Fact. Mens Basketball strength of schedule this year was 294 out of 340. Baseballs strength of schedule to date is 53 out of 297. Florida was part of a tournament and not a regular scheduled game. Wisconsin was two years ago, and marquette/Kstate was last year. They were not in the same season. How many teams on this years schedule made the NCAA tournament? I believe only Oral Roberts. (off the top of my head so may be wrong). Baseball has faced multiple every year in the transition.

Missouri (4 games), Creighton (5 games), Nebraska (2 games, went to the CWS)

Wichita State (3 games), Kansas (3 games), Kentucky (3 games)

Creighton (6 games), Minnesota (2 games), Nebraska (2 games, rained out)

at least two teams will make the tournament among Oklahoma, Kansas, Wichita State, Minnesota, Creighton, and Oral Roberts.

As far as the scollies. Why shouldnt administration be knocked for such inequity. They are not even at half of the allowable 11.75 scholarships. No other sport is at that level. Their recruiting budget is around $5,000 up from $3,000 a year ago. No other team sport is at that level. The reason why baseball has had to play such a difficult schedule is because they have not been given the funding to fly to play easier competition. If you look at a map of DI schools everything within driving distance is Big 12, Big Ten, and Missouri Valley. All fully funded programs.

You are right baseball will never be as big as football or basketball. But there is no reason why it should not be funded to the same percentage as other considered minor sports.

roadwarrior
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
As far as the scollies. Why shouldnt administration be knocked for such inequity. They are not even at half of the allowable 11.75 scholarships. No other sport is at that level.

Men's golf gets zero.

Baseball is getting more scholarships next year and more the following year also. I think it will be 9 for the 2010 season. So there are improvements being made.