PDA

View Full Version : Potter to Bemidji State?

OnTheFifty
04-06-2008, 12:44 PM
From Sid's column:

Shane Potter, the former Becker standout who decided to leave the Gophers football team, is reportedly headed for Bemidji State.

Was Bemidji state even one of Lakes "inside information" guesses???

lakesbison
04-06-2008, 02:32 PM
We talked to shane. over weekend. . said ndsu wouldnt give a scholarship to him. so he said screw that . . . . o well

tjbison
04-06-2008, 02:34 PM
There must have been a better program than B St. or is there more to the story?

BisonNeil
04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
We talked to shane. over weekend. . said ndsu wouldnt give a scholarship to him. so he said screw that . . . . o well

So, he is getting money from Bem State? That seems highly unlikely.

Should have come here and earned his way into playing time and a scholie, but, to each his own.

Jdubs21
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
is this kid even really a player...he couldnt make it with the goofs, now he is gonna try B St.....im guessin we didnt want him at ndsu anyway

CaBisonFan
04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
is this kid even really a player...he couldnt make it with the goofs, now he is gonna try B St.....im guessin we didnt want him at ndsu anyway

You make a good point. I don't know anything about this kid...so I'm not dissing him. He might be great...but Bemidji State?

We beat the livin' .... out of the Gophers over the span of two years, and our coaches, apparently, don't want to give him a scholarship. Let's see....hmmmm....

2+2 = 4 :nod:

Jdubs21
04-06-2008, 05:40 PM
You make a good point. I don't know anything about this kid...so I'm not dissing him. He might be great...but Bemidji State?

We beat the livin' .... out of the Gophers over the span of two years, and our coaches, apparently, don't want to give him a scholarship. Let's see....hmmmm....

haha yeah thats exactly how i was thinkin....i mean i dont want to put a kid down that i have never seen play...but then again he hasnt shown or proven anything by not making it with the gophers and transfering to a much smaller division, but i can pretty much gaurantee he wouldnt have made an impact with this team, we got players that want to and CAN play with the best of competition

OnTheFifty
04-06-2008, 06:34 PM
haha yeah thats exactly how i was thinkin....i mean i dont want to put a kid down that i have never seen play...but then again he hasnt shown or proven anything by not making it with the gophers and transfering to a much smaller division, but i can pretty much gaurantee he wouldnt have made an impact with this team, we got players that want to and CAN play with the best of competition

Lets not forget that he is coming of an ACL from his SR. year in High School - so this spring is the first year that he would have competed for Playing time at the college level.

Could he have made an impact at Minnesota or NDSU??? We may never know, but when Minnesota signed him, they were pretty high on him.

Mr. Burgundy
04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
well, he didn't come to NDSU...he must suck.....

This kid can play. Big recruit for U of M out of high school. Major knee injury. If anything, maybe you challenge his competitive nature, but he had/has talent.

lakesbison
04-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh POTTER has talent.. no doubt. No reason to question that, I am frankly surprised that NDSU didnt offer him a scholly.

but Honest to god, Potter is mad that NDSU didn't offer him a scholarship, I don't care who reads this message.
but thats' the facts,, so he said Screw it, and he's just scrambling between Bemidji and St Cloud right now.

yes Bemidji will give him a scholarship. and so would St Cloud.

silkamilkamonico
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh POTTER has talent.. no doubt. No reason to question that, I am frankly surprised that NDSU didnt offer him a scholly.

but Honest to god, Potter is mad that NDSU didn't offer him a scholarship, I don't care who reads this message.
but thats' the facts,, so he said Screw it, and he's just scrambling between Bemidji and St Cloud right now.

For real?

Not sure if that's all to the story. He says screw that to NDSu for not offering him a scholarship, so he considers Bemidji State because they maybe do?

That sounds egocentrical, but not really. "I'm too good to walk on at NDSU, but I'll accept a scholarship at Bemidji State"?

That doesn't seem right, unless he can't afford to pay for any schooling.

Jdubs21
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
well if he had the heart or the confidence he would try and walk on and EARN a schollie at a bigger school....not take the easy route and go with the first d2 or 3 school to offer him somethin...o well im not gonna lose sleep over it, best of luck to him

56BISON73
04-06-2008, 08:30 PM

Why should it concern anyone that he is pissed???? If he had the bonifides he wouldnt be scrambling between Bemidji and St Cloud. Good luck to him. I wish him the best. PL

Mr. Burgundy
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Nobody has a clue as to actually what happened...including Lakes, so I don't think we should judge a kid based on what has been said on this board.

Notorious
04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
This is a ridiculous thread.....because he chose elsewhere, you think he has no talent, or heart. Get over yourselves.

Jdubs21
04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
haha it wasnt about choosing elsewhere...it was about going to a much much lower division

mebisonII
04-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Meh, if I had to choose between getting a schollie at D2 or paying my own tuition at D1AA (FCS), I'd be pretty tempted to go D2. People say he doesn't have heart, or whatever, but maybe he just realized his NFL chances are dismal at either schools, so he might as well follow the money while its there.

Then again, most schools would rather pay me to keep me OFF the playing field/court/diamond/Knowledge Bowl, so what do I know? :blush:

lakesbison
04-07-2008, 12:56 AM
I got MY INFORMATION from his BEST FRIEND who played FOOTBALL and LIVED with my brother at St Johns.

so, I dont know how much more inside I can get on this one.

its the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

and yes. its all about ego., he wanted NDSU to say "Shane, come to NDSU here a scholarship, lets play"

and they didnt say that, and he got pissy. period.

he's gone now, so We might as well close the book on him.

Jdubs21
04-07-2008, 02:11 AM
agreed! haha

CaBisonFan
04-07-2008, 02:20 AM
From Sid's column:

Shane Potter, the former Becker standout who decided to leave the Gophers football team, is reportedly headed for Bemidji State.

Was Bemidji state even one of Lakes "inside information" guesses???

I agree with some people here that this should be put to rest, but there is more to this story than meets the eye. If he had the talent & other required elements, more schools than St. Cloud & Bemidji St. would be willing to give him a chance. Talent may not be the issue at all.

We've all seen players that have been hindered by a major injury, and it has had a major impact on their career. He could come back and be a big-time player at the DII level, or any other level for that matter.

More to the story there is. The 'more' could simply be that other programs, including NDSU, didn't want to risk a scholarship on someone that had their knee torn apart. The 'more' could also be that rumors of the extent of the injury & rehab. aren't good. It doesn't mean that he can't recover fully and play at a high level.

Like I wrote earlier...I have no knowledge about this kid at all...so if he is reading this, he shouldn't take any comments made here seriously. No one here really knows the answer. The only person that really knows is Potter.

It will be interesting to follow his career. Best of luck...seriously.

SamsRams
04-07-2008, 04:04 AM
There are some very sad comments in this thread. You'd think fans of NDSU would understand if someone wanted to play somewhere other then the biggest and best schools in the area. Like these idiotic comments about a much lower division. There isn't a division inbetween NDSU and BSU. It's FCS to D II........it's not like he choose Jamestown!
And there is something to having a college experience and not eating, breathing and sleeping D I football. I can understand this, because I was asked to walk onto NDSU for football or track, but instead went to BSU on scholarship for both. Mind you they were both D II at the time, but SU was a top tier D II program and BSU was horrible.
This kid and any kid after him should do what is in his best interest and hopefully could care less what some tools on a message board think!

lakesbison
04-07-2008, 04:27 AM
he already made his decision based on the fact that NDSU didnt give him a scholarship.

its a CUT and DRIED decision. and it sucks. but we all move on. and YES Im mad at him for not seeing the trees through the forest but oh well!

SamsRams
04-07-2008, 04:34 AM
How can you be mad at someone for making a decision that is best for THEIR life??

And non of my beef was directed at you Lakes, I love your info and read it almost daily without ever responding.

And don't you mean that he didn't see the dry lake bed thru the forest......cause there are only 20 trees in Fargo :P

lakesbison
04-07-2008, 05:20 AM
i know what your saying..

ok ok. im disappointed... is that better? nite G

silkamilkamonico
04-07-2008, 05:49 AM
and yes. its all about ego., he wanted NDSU to say "Shane, come to NDSU here a scholarship, lets play"

and they didnt say that, and he got pissy. period.

If it was really all about ego, I have a hard time he would even consider attending Bemidji State. That's like, anti-ego behavior from a legit D1 talent kid who attended the UofM.

Surely there's more to this story than it being ego based, and involving consideration to attending Bemidji State.

BisonNeil
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I can't believe we have a three page thread about a player who is going to Bem State or St Cloud. Man, it must be a slow football spring :)

sambini
04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
This thread needs to go bye bye....

Mr. Burgundy
04-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I think we should go back to talking about the "inability of the staff to recruit a quarterback for two years." Anyone else want to go back to that subject???

Mr. Burgundy
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Truth be told, I heard that he went to BSU because he wanted to play against UND.....just what I heard.

SamsRams
04-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Another point to BSU, in a few years they could be part of the best D II conference in in the nation. I haven't seen much talk of the collapse of the NCC, but with Duluth coming back and St Cloud and Mankato coming over to the NSIC, they have teams from Iowa to Nebraska to Bismarck and all over Minnesota. To me it is a very interesting conference and I look forward to see how it pans out!

roadwarrior
04-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Save me some of those tickets for those future NCC games! Wouldn't want to miss any of them:hide:

tony
04-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Truth be told, I heard that he went to BSU because he wanted to play against UND.....just what I heard.

So when is UND upgrading their schedule?

90BISON
04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
So when is UND upgrading their schedule?

It was an easy choice logistically, since they could catch a game with Crookston on the way back.;)

90BISON
04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Save me some of those tickets for those future NCC games! Wouldn't want to miss any of them:hide:

I have 4 season tickets for every team in the conference that I'll sell you for $25 per seat.;)

WildBill
04-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Well,he was injured last year and didn't feel real good about his chances of starting with all of the talent in the secondary coming in this summer and fall.

bisonmike2
04-08-2008, 08:27 PM
I just wanted to add to this completely useless thread.

I heard he is going to Bemijidi b/c there is a girl he likes with really big bewbies who goes to college there.

/not really

TransAmBison
04-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I just wanted to add to this completely useless thread.

I heard he is going to Bemijidi b/c there is a girl he likes with really big bewbies who goes to college there.

/not really
On that note, I heard he thought NDSU crowds were too big, and UND's were too small, but BSU was just right.

Bisontug
04-08-2008, 09:49 PM
On that note, I heard he thought NDSU crowds were too big, and UND's were too small, but BSU was just right.

sounds like you were just reading the 3 little bears... of course, the Bison would the Papa Bear in this story... UND, your mama bear, etc...

I heard beer was 50 cents cheaper per case at BSU than Happy Harry's and that sealed the deal... can this thread go away now... for good :banghead:

If BSU wins a national title, Lakes can resurrect it and say it's too bad we didn't offer him a scholly... sound good ??

CaBisonFan
04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Well,he was injured last year and didn't feel real good about his chances of starting with all of the talent in the secondary coming in this summer and fall.

Yeah...and I suppose most of the larger programs were leary of giving him a scholarship with the type of injury that he had. Not his fault...but he might not have had too many good alternatives right now.

Maybe he'll get things in order and transfer to a larger program in a year or two.

BeckerBison
04-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Potter is still attending classes at U of M. The new defensive coach at Minnesota asked him to stay with the team before spring practice started.

You need to remember that this guy hasn't played in a football game in two years and is coming of knee surgery. He has a world of talent, size, and speed. Although he may have lost some of that speed after surgery.

He would not play right away at U of M or NDSU. But, he will see playing time in the NSIC, compete for a conference championship, and possibly be in the D-II playoffs. Best of luck to him. :)

Mr. Burgundy
04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
so is it "OFFICIAL" that is he is going to Bemidji State yet? Or is there still an outside shot that he may be at another school? Just curious........

56BISON73
04-14-2008, 04:07 AM
so is it "OFFICIAL" that is he is going to Bemidji State yet? Or is there still an outside shot that he may be at another school? Just curious........

Guess you will have to ask Lakes.:D PL

lakesbison
04-14-2008, 04:27 AM
he's still at U of M finishing out school

What I said about NDSU and him is 100% true. we didnt offer him a scholly, so he said "im not going to ndsu"

Im still hearing St Cloud and Bemidji according to his friends. But he's got all summer to decide, so nothing really gonna happen with this thread or the "end all" decision.

Kermit
04-18-2008, 01:38 AM
What I said about NDSU and him is 100% true. we didnt offer him a scholly, so he said "im not going to ndsu"

A spy placed Shane Potter at the FargoDome today. Word is Lakes just might be wrong on this one. I know that would be hard to believe..

rutlandbison
04-18-2008, 02:20 AM
A spy placed Shane Potter at the FargoDome today. Word is Lakes just might be wrong on this one. I know that would be hard to believe..

So anyway my cousin was Tim Brewsters old girlfriends brother's former roommate and he told me that he also saw Potter at the Fargodome today.
So that was my source;)

sambini
04-18-2008, 04:14 AM
I heard he was at Chubs with Lakes?

TransAmBison
04-18-2008, 12:44 PM
I heard he was at Chubs with Lakes?
Lakes bought Chubs?????!!!!!!!

lakesbison
04-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Yea, someone had to show TEDDY how to run the place!!!

sambini
04-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Just keep selling the Bud Light>

BeckerBison
04-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Potter made a visit to Minnesota Morris last Saturday. (Mainly for a friend that attends and plays there who asked him to do the visit)

Anyhow, he will be a Bemidji State Beaver....

Bison53
04-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Can we end this thread.

BENTRIM
04-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Believe it or not, Sid Hartman is not always correct with hsi information. Shane has visited BSU, USD and UND in the last month. He is enrolled at the U through Spring, and has not made his decision yet.

lakesbison
04-27-2008, 10:18 PM
talked to some BECKER people at the spring game.. ahem.

said. Potter STILL is deciding and will take the summer, Bemidji State, USD if he wants to play right away.

NDSU if he wants to sit and work on things for a year or so.... there's still HOPE that he is smart and chooses NDSU!.

Fightin' Bison
04-28-2008, 12:55 AM
talked to some BECKER people at the spring game.. ahem.

said. Potter STILL is deciding and will take the summer, Bemidji State, USD if he wants to play right away.

NDSU if he wants to sit and work on things for a year or so.... there's still HOPE that he is smart and chooses NDSU!.

Thank God. The future of NDSU hangs in the balance. This single player, to whom NDSU did not offer a scholarship, will determine the success of this program for years to come. Please give us more information about his future plans; or; just let him pick a school in peace and quiet.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BENTRIM
05-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Potter has narrowed his choices down to NDSU and USD. NDSU is probably in the lead, but former Gopher asst. Gordy Shaw is the Offensive Coordinator at USD, so that may be a factor in his choice.

lakesbison
05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Yes, a tall tight end for us confirmed that as well.

NDSU & USD (gordy shaw is a joke, but he recruited potter at becker)

DORMIE
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Talked to a friend of mine on Saturday who has a friend that really follows the Bison, in person and $$$$. His sister teaches in Becker. The word from her is that a Potter kid is coming to NDSU. Lakes, if you had been at the press conference for Carolyn Dehoff, there was a Potter sighting in the football offices.

lakesbison
05-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Dormie... Yes, I agree, Gordy Shaw is really making a push at him. and Shane himself has been up and down with his decision.

when he signs, he will play this fall. believe that. I talked to another "becker" person at the ndsu baseball game, and said its still NDSU, USD.

BisonNeil
05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Dormie... Yes, I agree, Gordy Shaw is really making a push at him. and Shane himself has been up and down with his decision.

when he signs, he will play this fall. believe that. I talked to another "becker" person at the ndsu baseball game, and said its still NDSU, USD.

Well, I hope it is NDSU so that this unbelievably long thread finally pays off. And personally, although we are "deep" in the defensive backfield, I think we are deeper at CB than at SS or FS and perhaps not as talented. Given how thin we were last year, a little more cushion at all positions would be nice so we can actually play more nickel-plus coverages to throw at the oppostion. So, from that prospective I think Potter to NDSU will be a good fit.

BENTRIM
05-12-2008, 06:33 PM
The verdict is in.....Potter is headed to Vermillion to play for the Coyotes.

Bison Dan
05-12-2008, 07:41 PM
The verdict is in.....Potter is headed to Vermillion to play for the Coyotes.

I hope he plays well against the team up North.

roadwarrior
05-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I guess that great schedule put together by usd was the deciding factor:D

OldBison
05-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I guess that great schedule put together by usd was the deciding factor:D

It is truly amazing, and for those who missed it:

2008 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sat, Aug 30 St. Ambrose (Iowa) (DakotaDome) TBA
Sat, Sep 6 at Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, Iowa) 4:05 p.m.
Sat, Sep 13 at Southeastern Louisiana (Hammond, La.) 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 20 Culver-Stockton (Mo.) - - Hall of Fame Game (DakotaDome) 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 27 at Montana State (Bozeman, Mont.) 1:05 p.m. (MST)
Sat, Oct 4 at Cal Poly* (San Luis Obispo, Calif.) 6:05 p.m. (PST)
Sat, Oct 11 Missouri S&T - - Dakota Day (DakotaDome) 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 1 at North Greenville (S.C.) (Tigerville, S.C.) 12:00 p.m. (EST)
Sat, Nov 8 Southern Oregon (DakotaDome) 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 15 at Southern Utah* (Cedar City, Utah) 1:00 p.m. (MST)
Sat, Nov 22 North Dakota* - - Senior Day (DakotaDome) 12:00 p.m.

* = Great West Football Conference game.

St. Ambrose, Culver, Southern Oregon and Missouri S&T all in the same year! My god how can they play that high level week after week?

But, you have to give USD credit, at least they have 11 games unlike some teams we know:

Thu, Aug 28 Texas A&M-Kingsville Grand Forks, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 06 St. Cloud State Grand Forks, N.D. 1 p.m.
Sat, Sep 13 Wisconsin-LaCrosse Grand Forks, N.D. 1 p.m.
Thu, Sep 18 Idaho State at Pocatello, Idaho 7:35 p.m.
Sat, Sep 27 Southeastern Louisiana at Hammond, La. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 04 OPEN TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 11 OPEN TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 18 Western Washington Grand Forks, N.D. 1 p.m.
Sat, Oct 25 UC-Davis * at Davis, Calif. 8 p.m.
Sat, Nov 01 Southern Illinois at Carbondale, Ill. 2 p.m.
Sat, Nov 08 Southern Utah * Grand Forks, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Nov 22 South Dakota * at Vermillion, S.D. TBA
* Conference Games

Seeing these schedules makes me even more pleased that DI transition is behind us :D :D :D

Bison bison
05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
those home schedules are absolutely atrocious.

bisonhusker
05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
What a joke. His decision and those schedules. The facilities, coaching staff, everything....nothing is even close. But, I guess he can play alot without competition. Congrats!

Oh, and I hope nobody comes on here and says..."Good for him, I hope he gets a great education. I hope he is happy. NDSU isn't the only place to go to play football..." Yeah, I get it. I don't agree with you, but I know somebody will say it.

I don't even know anything about this kid, but if we offered and USD offered...and he chose USD....I hope he enjoys it. Place is brutal.

Bison Dan
05-13-2008, 07:03 PM
What a joke. His decision and those schedules. The facilities, coaching staff, everything....nothing is even close. But, I guess he can play alot without competition. Congrats!

Oh, and I hope nobody comes on here and says..."Good for him, I hope he gets a great education. I hope he is happy. NDSU isn't the only place to go to play football..." Yeah, I get it. I don't agree with you, but I know somebody will say it.

I don't even know anything about this kid, but if we offered and USD offered...and he chose USD....I hope he enjoys it. Place is brutal.

It tells me that he wants to play right away and not have to earn a job.

lakesbison
05-13-2008, 09:21 PM
JUST TALKED TO MY BROS ROOMATE .. HE IS WITH POTTER RIGHT NOW.

QUOTE " NDSU OFFERED ME A SCHOLARSHIP, BUT COULDN'T TELL ME WHERE I'D FIT INTO THE PROGRAM, *PLAYING WISE*, THAT THEY ARE DEEP AT SAFETY POSITION AND.IVE BEEN SITTING FOR 2 YEARS AND I WANTED TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY, NDSU COULDN'T OFFER ME THAT, WHILE USD DID"

well. there you go, and quite frankly it sucks... my bros' roomate was like NDSU "big timed" shane, by telling him to sign and you'll fight for a spot in a year or 2.

POTTER HAS 4 YEARS OF ELIGIBILITY LEFT, WHICH REALLY MAKES ME SCRATCH MY HEAD ON THIS.

BOTTOM LINE- SHANE WANTED TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY.

my bottom line, I told him "well, with that USD schedule, you might as well went to St Johns or St Thomas and played.

56BISON73
05-14-2008, 03:48 AM
After reading some of the posts I am wondering if MANY schools fans thought and said the same things about the players who signed with the Bison during the transition.
Whats even more interesting is how this thread keeps going about a kid that didnt make it at another school and isnt going to NDSU.
PL

CaBisonFan
05-14-2008, 07:02 AM
After reading some of the posts I am wondering if MANY schools fans thought and said the same things about the players who signed with the Bison during the transition.
Whats even more interesting is how this thread keeps going about a kid that didnt make it at another school and isnt going to NDSU.
PL

Too much focus on one person. Leave him alone. We had a hell of a recruiting year.

Wonder what the critics of our 'visionary' move up are saying right now -- you know -- the ones that could have done it when we did.

Here's my hunch -- :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"Hurt so good...come on baby make it hurt so good..."

http://www.picturehosting.com/images/hansgordy/3046170x170.jpg

:rofl:

Bison bison
05-14-2008, 01:06 PM
we messed this up.

the coaches should have lied to shane and told him he would almost certainly be a starter. who cares if he would have been stuck on the three deep and totally miserable for 4 years and a little pissed for the rest of his life!

haven't read the sports section yet. Does it have a huge article that reads:

Coyotes Beat NDSU for Recruit?

(man the forum is pissing me off the past few weeks)

Notorious
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
"BOTTOM LINE- SHANE WANTED TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY.

my bottom line, I told him "well, with that USD schedule, you might as well went to St Johns or St Thomas and played."

You only get one "bottom line" going forward.

mebisonII
05-14-2008, 01:36 PM
PL

++++++++++

skolbrother
05-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I have prayed to the thread Gods to allow this thread to mercifully die quickly at this point as it has suffered enough.

HerdBot
05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
It is truly amazing, and for those who missed it:

2008 Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sat, Aug 30 St. Ambrose (Iowa) (DakotaDome) TBA
Sat, Sep 6 at Northern Iowa (Cedar Falls, Iowa) 4:05 p.m.
Sat, Sep 13 at Southeastern Louisiana (Hammond, La.) 6:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 20 Culver-Stockton (Mo.) - - Hall of Fame Game (DakotaDome) 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 27 at Montana State (Bozeman, Mont.) 1:05 p.m. (MST)
Sat, Oct 4 at Cal Poly* (San Luis Obispo, Calif.) 6:05 p.m. (PST)
Sat, Oct 11 Missouri S&T - - Dakota Day (DakotaDome) 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 1 at North Greenville (S.C.) (Tigerville, S.C.) 12:00 p.m. (EST)
Sat, Nov 8 Southern Oregon (DakotaDome) 2:00 p.m.
Sat, Nov 15 at Southern Utah* (Cedar City, Utah) 1:00 p.m. (MST)
Sat, Nov 22 North Dakota* - - Senior Day (DakotaDome) 12:00 p.m.

* = Great West Football Conference game.

St. Ambrose, Culver, Southern Oregon and Missouri S&T all in the same year! My god how can they play that high level week after week?

But, you have to give USD credit, at least they have 11 games unlike some teams we know:

Thu, Aug 28 Texas A&M-Kingsville Grand Forks, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Sep 06 St. Cloud State Grand Forks, N.D. 1 p.m.
Sat, Sep 13 Wisconsin-LaCrosse Grand Forks, N.D. 1 p.m.
Thu, Sep 18 Idaho State at Pocatello, Idaho 7:35 p.m.
Sat, Sep 27 Southeastern Louisiana at Hammond, La. 6 p.m.
Sat, Oct 04 OPEN TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 11 OPEN TBA TBA
Sat, Oct 18 Western Washington Grand Forks, N.D. 1 p.m.
Sat, Oct 25 UC-Davis * at Davis, Calif. 8 p.m.
Sat, Nov 01 Southern Illinois at Carbondale, Ill. 2 p.m.
Sat, Nov 08 Southern Utah * Grand Forks, N.D. 7 p.m.
Sat, Nov 22 South Dakota * at Vermillion, S.D. TBA
* Conference Games

Seeing these schedules makes me even more pleased that DI transition is behind us :D :D :D

I don't miss those home scheduling struggles. USD plays three D3 teams. UND plays one D1 game at home and it's against, Southern Utah so that doesn't even really count. The scary part is the D2 teams they are playing are really bad too. Although both teams have some good road games.

56BISON73
05-15-2008, 03:59 AM
we messed this up.

the coaches should have lied to shane and told him he would almost certainly be a starter. who cares if he would have been stuck on the three deep and totally miserable for 4 years and a little pissed for the rest of his life!

haven't read the sports section yet. Does it have a huge article that reads:

Coyotes Beat NDSU for Recruit?

(man the forum is pissing me off the past few weeks)

He will still have to EARN his stating position. Nothing is gauranteed. I seriously doubt the coaches promised him a starting position. PL

admin
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm calling it... this thread died at 5:57 AM Central Time on May 15, 2008.

Normally the Angry Elf wouldn't lock a thread like this but he's trying to head off another spam attack like the one overnight that pushed this thread off the front page by posting spam in 20 or so threads (which, btw, are a real pain to remove).