PDA

View Full Version : Smileys

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I never see any smiley options when I post. Is there a way I can set them up in my User CP?? The only three I know offhand that work with the board software are :D :( and :).

Any smiley help?? Thanks.

Hammersmith
04-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I never see any smiley options when I post. Is there a way I can set them up in my User CP?? The only three I know offhand that work with the board software are :D :( and :).

Any smiley help?? Thanks.

Do you typically use the 'quick reply' function or the standard 'post reply'(blue button just below the last post on the left)? If you use the standard, most of the smilies should be in a drop down menu just right of the font options(L to R: Fonts; Sizes; Colors; Smilies).

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Do you typically use the 'quick reply' function or the standard 'post reply'(blue button just below the last post on the left)? If you use the standard, most of the smilies should be in a drop down menu just right of the font options(L to R: Fonts; Sizes; Colors; Smilies).

OK, I saw a smiley drop-down menu, but I'm not sure if it was in the place you said. It was all the way at the bottom left corner of the page.

:nod:

Hammersmith
04-05-2008, 03:14 AM
OK, I saw a smiley drop-down menu, but I'm not sure if it was in the place you said. It was all the way at the bottom left corner of the page.

:nod:
Okay, let's try this. Click on 'User CP' on the top bar. Along the left part of the screen, click 'Edit Options". Scroll down to the bottom and make sure that the second to last option is set to 'Standard Editor' or 'Enhanced Editor', not 'Basic Editor'.

If that's okay, go to any thread and scroll to the very bottom. There is a box called 'Posting Rules'. Make sure it says 'Smilies are On'.

Once the standard or enhanced editor is selected, you should see the dropdown smilies menu(white happy face) above the message box(what I'm typing in right now), and a group of 15 smilies just to the right of the area you type your message in(again, the area I'm typing in right now).

Any help?

Hammersmith
04-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Apologies for the low resolution. My monitor kicked the bucket a couple weeks ago and I've been having to use my TV until it comes back from warranty repair.

You should see this when you're posting a message. Yours will extend a little further to the right, since nobody uses 640x480 unless they really really have to. Smilies pull down and smilies panel are marked.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/Desktop.png

TransAmBison
04-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Apologies for the low resolution. My monitor kicked the bucket a couple weeks ago and I've been having to use my TV until it comes back from warranty repair.

You should see this when you're posting a message. Yours will extend a little further to the right, since nobody uses 640x480 unless they really really have to. Smilies pull down and smilies panel are marked.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/Desktop.png
Rep for going the extra mile!

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 04:53 AM
I see it, thanks.:nod:

Trim
04-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah baby. Thanks gentlemen. :D :)