PDA

View Full Version : SDSU and NU's walk on program

Mr. Burgundy
04-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, it took a month or two, but the SDSU fans are finally realizing how difficult the NU walk on program is going to be on them. They are starting to bark about it on their message board. Next time, just trust me....don't fight it.

lakesbison
04-03-2008, 02:14 PM
yea, Nebraska will lure many a kid that could've played at SDSU. thats a fact, poor kids.....

sitting on the sidelines, or the nebraska stands still trumps starting 3-4 years for the SDSU bunny turds.

SlickVic
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
can you blame them??? who wouldnt want to play for gods gift to football??? with pellini pacing the sidelines UNL will be back to powerhouse status in no time...the big 12 is just begging for another mediocre team to make a title run

sambini
04-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Well, it took a month or two, but the SDSU fans are finally realizing how difficult the NU walk on program is going to be on them. They are starting to bark about it on their message board. Next time, just trust me....don't fight it. Its the POWER OF RED++++

Bison bison
04-04-2008, 03:49 PM
thank goodness minnesota has sucked at differing degrees for the past 40 years.

DIBISON
04-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Well, it took a month or two, but the SDSU fans are finally realizing how difficult the NU walk on program is going to be on them. They are starting to bark about it on their message board. Next time, just trust me....don't fight it.

Does Nebraska have the same limits for walk-ons as say NDSU or SDSU?

RedRiver
04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm sure that FBS & FCS have the same player limits that can be on the football team, which I believe is 90.

Hammersmith
04-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Does Nebraska have the same limits for walk-ons as say NDSU or SDSU?

Yes and no. As far as I can tell, there are no limits on the number players on your team. You could have a 200 man roster if you wanted. That's true for both FBS and FCS. Where there are limits is in the number of players allowed to be on scholarship(85 for both FBS and FCS) and the number of players allowed to participate in fall camp(105 for FBS and 90 for FCS). So, Nebraska can have more preferred walk-ons(non-scholarship players invited to fall camp), but schools like NDSU and SDSU can have just as many regular walk-ons as Nebraska. The main limitation seems to be evaluation/training time. The more walk-ons you have, the less time you can spend with each, and the less chance each walk-on has for actually seeing playing time.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
yea, Nebraska will lure many a kid that could've played at SDSU. thats a fact, poor kids.....

sitting on the sidelines, or the nebraska stands still trumps starting 3-4 years for the SDSU bunny turds.

FOR SURE!!

I would much rather camp my ass on the sidelines and watch my team get throttled 76-35, 41-6, 45-14 and 49-31. This would be far better than competing for a spot right away, and having a chance to play 3-4 years!

Tatanka
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t137/Danhdan/O-I-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg