PDA

View Full Version : If you thought our schedule was bad....

NDSUstudent
04-02-2008, 12:35 AM
It could be worse....

2008 Montana State Football Schedule

Date Opponent, Time, Site
A30 Adams State, 1:05 pm, Bozeman
S6 at Kansas State, TBA, Manhattan, KS
S13 at Minnesota, TBA, Minneapolis, MN
S20 Open
S27 South Dakota (Hall of Fame), 1:05 pm, Bozeman
O4 *at Idaho State, TBA, Pocatello, ID
O11 *Weber State (Homecoming), 1:35 pm, Bozeman
O18 *Eastern Wash. (Family Wkd), 1:05 pm, Bozeman
O25 *at Sacramento State, 2:05 PDT, Sacramento, CA
N1 *Northern Colorado, 12:05 pm, Bozeman
N8 *at Northern Arizona, 3:05 pm, Flagstaff, AZ
N15 *Portland State, 12:05 pm, Bozeman
N22 *at Montana, 12:05 pm, Missoula, MT

Two non-counters and two FBS major conference teams equals having to win the Big Sky conference or no playoffs.

tjbison
04-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Nothing wrong with our schedule! Wouldn't want anything to do with the MSU schedule! What the hell were they thinking 2 FBS in a row, and I think we all know K-state is good, and the goofers will be much improved. I find it hard to believe that a school with the supposed HISTORY would settle for 2 non-counters and 2 FBS in the same year:smh:

bisonhusker
04-02-2008, 03:57 PM
As long at Tim Tibisar is running the K-State Defense, I think Montana State will be just fine.

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 04:27 PM
As long at Tim Tibisar is running the K-State Defense, I think Montana State will be just fine.

dont no who that is but from the little i seen of k states D last year they were one of the harder hitting teams trying to think who i all whatched them against auburn for sure im trying to think who else...i no i had a huge chunk of change on louisville when they played them but im pretty sure petrino was pacing the sidelines so that def was not last year

aces1180
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
dont no who that is but from the little i seen of k states D last year they were one of the harder hitting teams trying to think who i all whatched them against auburn for sure im trying to think who else...i no i had a huge chunk of change on louisville when they played them but im pretty sure petrino was pacing the sidelines so that def was not last year

He's a former UND jabroni.

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 04:52 PM
He's a former UND jabroni.

oh ya so then IT DOESNT MATTER what his name is hahaha...still trying to think what all games i whatched of K state last year...oh yeah they play in the big 12 no wonder why ;)

Bison Dan
04-02-2008, 04:55 PM

If K-state doesn't go 8-4 or better he'll be looking for a job!

NDSUstudent
04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Nothing wrong with our schedule! Wouldn't want anything to do with the MSU schedule! What the hell were they thinking 2 FBS in a row, and I think we all know K-state is good, and the goofers will be much improved. I find it hard to believe that a school with the supposed HISTORY would settle for 2 non-counters and 2 FBS in the same year:smh:

I had a brain fart when a wrote the title of this thread, I meant to say if you think our non-conference schedule isn't that great then look at MSU's. I'm not exactly pumped about Austin Peay and CCSU, but if Adams State and USD were the alternatives it makes them look like Montana and UC Davis in comparison.

That said, if you don't want travel during non-conference eventually you are going to be stuck with likes of what Montana State has on their home schedule.

tcbison
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
It could be worse....

2008 Montana State Football Schedule

Date Opponent, Time, Site
A30 Adams State, 1:05 pm, Bozeman
S6 at Kansas State, TBA, Manhattan, KS
S13 at Minnesota, TBA, Minneapolis, MN
S20 Open
S27 South Dakota (Hall of Fame), 1:05 pm, Bozeman
O4 *at Idaho State, TBA, Pocatello, ID
O11 *Weber State (Homecoming), 1:35 pm, Bozeman
O18 *Eastern Wash. (Family Wkd), 1:05 pm, Bozeman
O25 *at Sacramento State, 2:05 PDT, Sacramento, CA
N1 *Northern Colorado, 12:05 pm, Bozeman
N8 *at Northern Arizona, 3:05 pm, Flagstaff, AZ
N15 *Portland State, 12:05 pm, Bozeman
N22 *at Montana, 12:05 pm, Missoula, MT

Two non-counters and two FBS major conference teams equals having to win the Big Sky conference or no playoffs.

For Montana State it is either a home game or an FBS money game. It is all about the $$$$$.

Shawn-O
04-03-2008, 12:09 AM
If K-state doesn't go 8-4 or better he'll be looking for a job!

Maybe he'd land a head coaching job in FCS?

Mr. Burgundy
04-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Shawn O....I know you are trying to compare Tibisar and Bohl....but I would say their resume's would be significantly different. Hello National Title game....

NDSUstudent
04-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Shawn O....I know you are trying to compare Tibisar and Bohl....but I would say their resume's would be significantly different. Hello National Title game....

Bohl has also worked under the likes of Osborne and Spurrier.

90BISON
04-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe he'd land a head coaching job in FCS?

I haven't followed his career real close since he was a player, the guy was a stud linebacker, I don't know why he wouldn't have a shot at an FCS head coaching position. Maybe not a current top 10 program, but who knows.

tony
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tibesar being a coach at NDSU if Coach Bohl thought he'd fit in. Then again, I don't see Bohl going to a 3-4 so it seems like an even remoter possibility.

Edit: sorry for getting so far off topic. USD's schedule is terrible.

Herd
04-07-2008, 05:22 AM
If you want to get your alumni fired up for some serious football, there is nothing wrong with K State and MN. I'd travel for both games if they were on our schedule? Yes, they really need to win one of those games for their playoff chances, but I'd love to play them both. With the sucky Big Sky, not a bad move IMO.

NDSUstudent
04-07-2008, 05:37 AM
If you want to get your alumni fired up for some serious football, there is nothing wrong with K State and MN. I'd travel for both games if they were on our schedule? Yes, they really need to win one of those games for their playoff chances, but I'd love to play them both. With the sucky Big Sky, not a bad move IMO.

Nothing wrong with a Big Sky team playing two FBS schools, but when you schedule two non-counters as well you just put your football team into a very tight spot. MSU basically has to go 10-2 or win the Big Sky to get into the playoffs.

UTH
04-07-2008, 05:41 AM

THAT's a game I'd definitely make. I would travel. I'd spend the week - the one before and the week after. The last time I travelled through Manhattan?

Not since 6 years before
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Whosyerdaddy.jpg
THE Season*

*the 2003 big xii championship was good but they were better in 98