PDA

View Full Version : Tim Dondanville - QB from Illinois

OnTheFifty
04-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Here is a name to keep your eye on for the upcoming season.

Springfield (Ill.) Sacred Heart Griffin junior dual threat quarterback prospect Tim Dondanville (6-foot-3, 182 pounds).

He is being recruted by a lot of Ivy league schools. He hopes to visit NDSU in the spring.

http://www.trupreps.com/FanPages/TRU/Profile.mxp/ProfileID-6f6ed05d-fbf8-4577-a659-19be493beed0

onbison09
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
It would be nice to have a dual threat QB so we could give the other something to think about with Parsons gone.

imported_Bisongold
04-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Then you would need a dual threat quarterback offense. I'm not sure we should go there. As more and more teams go to the spread, our strength will be NOT running the spread. I don't want to see option plays either due to the risk to the QB. Stick with 50% run and 50% pass using the West Coast offense philosophy. Who can argue with our success to date! In my opionion, the only time we got into trouble last year was when we relied on the run too much and became predictable. Yes, even the stats at the end of the game were close to 50% run and pass, however alot of the passes were in the last quarter when we were behind and had to pass. The best games were when we threw the short passes down the line of scrimmage early along with a slant or two. Look at the Central Mich. game and the Minnesota game and compare them to the SLO game and the SDSU game.

tjbison
04-02-2008, 01:40 AM

Springfield (Ill.) Sacred Heart Griffin junior dual threat quarterback prospect Tim Dondanville (6-foot-3, 182 pounds).

He is being recruted by a lot of Ivy league schools. He hopes to visit NDSU in the spring.
http://www.trupreps.com/FanPages/TRU/Profile.mxp/ProfileID-6f6ed05d-fbf8-4577-a659-19be493beed0

Are the coaches looking at him?? or is it HIS wish to visit here:confused:

Herd
04-02-2008, 07:20 AM
This guy looks like a good pocket passer, and not necessarily just a Spread Offense guy. It's not a bad thing if a guy is capable of running when or if a play breaks down.

OnTheFifty
04-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Are the coaches looking at him?? or is it HIS wish to visit here:confused:

"I've been getting steady mail from Brown, Harvard, Yale, Georgetown, North Dakota State and Northern Illinois on a pretty regular basis. Most of those schools have either invited me to a spring practice or a spring game along with a few other schools."

OldBison
04-02-2008, 07:38 PM

At 6'3" he is too tall to be a Bison QB :nod: NDSU likes them 6' or shorter...Hell, he's taller than the lineman NDSU recruited last year :hide:

OldBison
04-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I see he is a southpaw. Here's some trivia, who was the last left-handed QB for the Bison?

OldBison
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I see EdgyTim lists him at 6'2" (he's getting closer to NDSU size:rofl: ).

Among the Ivy League schools mentioned earlier, he lists Illinois, Minnesota and Louisville. No NDSU listed on this site for him being interested.

http://edgytim.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?State=IL&Sport=1&DPosition=8&Position=4&Year=2009&qs=1

Bison Dan
04-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I see he is a southpaw. Here's some trivia, who was the last left-handed QB for the Bison?

Don Severson

CaBisonFan
04-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Then you would need a dual threat quarterback offense. I'm not sure we should go there. As more and more teams go to the spread, our strength will be NOT running the spread. I don't want to see option plays either due to the risk to the QB. Stick with 50% run and 50% pass using the West Coast offense philosophy. Who can argue with our success to date! In my opionion, the only time we got into trouble last year was when we relied on the run too much and became predictable. Yes, even the stats at the end of the game were close to 50% run and pass, however alot of the passes were in the last quarter when we were behind and had to pass. The best games were when we threw the short passes down the line of scrimmage early along with a slant or two. Look at the Central Mich. game and the Minnesota game and compare them to the SLO game and the SDSU game.

I would tend to agree with you...but I also think that if a multi-multi-talented quarterback (a real gem) were to be interested, no matter what their style is, we would have to take a serious look.

A national championship will come to North Dakota State when a truly dynamic leader, with amazing skills, takes the reigns at quarterback...along with a handful of truly exceptional players sprinkled around both sides of the ball. App. State is a prime example of the championship formula.

If the coaching staff found such a player, they would likely adapt to the abilities of the player, to a point. Having the option to run with a multi-talent quarterback has hurt some teams when it happens too often, but...

Anyway, I don't see our offense changing a lot. What I would predict is that the offense would be tweaked slightly. The basic philosophy probably won't change under this coaching staff. But even within the West Coast, I don't see a serious problem with the opponent's defense being scared to death of the running ability of our quarterback. As long as we use it sparingly, and intelligently...only when needed.

Your point is valid...but if this kid is the real deal, and if he is recruitable...let's get him. Worry about how to use him later.

Jdubs21
04-03-2008, 02:46 AM
anyone know yet if we are actually going after this kid? or is it just us fans wishing?

OnTheFifty
04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
anyone know yet if we are actually going after this kid? or is it just us fans wishing?

"My Dad and I are talking about flying out East in a few weeks. It would be a great way for me to check out several schools, especially the schools in the Ivy League. I'm also still trying to get out to see North Dakota State and NIU this spring as well."

lakesbison
04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
So he SITS BEHIND MOHLER FOR 3 YEARS??

Lets not carry out this thread, theres NOTHING I HATE WORSE than having some kid reading this message board and getting a big head.

I should be the only one with a big head.. haha...

lets not worry too much about him, until rivals or someone says we are recruiting him.

hell, I can make a webpage at that site and say Im going to Florida State.

bisonmike2
04-03-2008, 02:48 PM

Lets not carry out this thread, theres NOTHING I HATE WORSE than having some kid reading this message board and getting a big head.

lets not worry too much about him, until rivals or someone says we are recruiting him.

C'mon Lakes don't you mean "So he competes with Moehler for the starting position for 3 years"?

CaBisonFan
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
"My Dad and I are talking about flying out East in a few weeks. It would be a great way for me to check out several schools, especially the schools in the Ivy League. I'm also still trying to get out to see North Dakota State and NIU this spring as well."

So are you the QB that we're discussing here?

If so...let's be careful with communicating too much. Not sure of how the NCAA rules would apply here, but we're not supposed to be involved.

I wish you luck...no matter where you go.

CaBisonFan
04-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Lakes...any QB worth anything already has an ego the size of Manhattan Island. But I agree. If would be good for this thread to fade away if the recruit being discussed is involved. It's not a healthy thing for him, or for the program.

OnTheFifty
04-03-2008, 06:41 PM

OK Lakes........I guess your the only one that can post "relevant" information or should I say "shoot from the hip inside information" Your such a putz.

And no....I am not the QB talking in the first person, just posting some information\quotes from "Rivals" (Good enough for you lakes) that I ran across.

tcbison
04-03-2008, 07:15 PM
OK Lakes........I guess your the only one that can post "relevant" information or should I say "shoot from the hip inside information" Your such a putz.

And no....I am not the QB talking in the first person, just posting some information\quotes from "Rivals" (Good enough for you lakes) that I ran across.

OnTheFifty always has some inside scoop. Thanks for the information!

Mr. Burgundy
04-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Now that is funny....CABison thought Onthefifty was the quarterback....."Careful of talking to a recruit." Good stuff. onthefifty is one of the most sharpest people in the area on college recruiting. He spends alot of time on alot of sites.....Keep it up OTF.

Jdubs21
04-04-2008, 01:41 AM
One injury can put any QB in that starting position...its about talent guys not about who we recruited first

90BISON
04-04-2008, 03:59 AM
Did anyone else notice on the first referenced site that he is left hand dominant, but his dominant leg is his right? Is that common? Just kind of struck me funny I guess.:confused: