PDA

View Full Version : help with new Bison tailgating vehicle

runtheoption
04-01-2008, 10:32 PM
My Dad gave me his 1990 Chevy conversion van, on the condition that I pimp it out for use as a Bison tailgating vehicle. Anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced autobody/paint/detail shop in the FM area? I am not rich by any means, so I'll need to keep this as cheap as possible. Obviously, I want to have the exterior painted in NDSU colors. I may try for a design similiar to the Battlewagon that was for sale on here a few months ago.

The next step is to make it road trip worthy by Sept. 12, 2008. Needs serious brake, suspension, exhaust and a general engine tune-up. Anyone have a recommendation where I could have all this done in one place in?

The last thing I want to do is make the interior Bison friendly. I was thinking a complete green-n-gold interior. Leather seats would be the most durable, but again, I have to keep prices reasonable. Again, recommendations on who in FM could do this? I was also considering taking out the fold down seat in back to be replaced by a portable bar.

Any ideas, suggestions or comments are welcome. If for some reason you don't want to plug a company on the board, just send me a PM.

Thanks!

bisongirl
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
You could add a couple of bison bar stools to use by the portable bar or outside during tailgating.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12514&highlight=bar+stools

Yo
04-02-2008, 02:31 AM
If you want to send me a PM I could steer you in some right directions for exterior work and engine/maintance work. If you do, be patient I have been swamped, it might take a couple days to get back to you.

99Bison
04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
My Dad gave me his 1990 Chevy conversion van, on the condition that I pimp it out for use as a Bison tailgating vehicle. Anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced autobody/paint/detail shop in the FM area? I am not rich by any means, so I'll need to keep this as cheap as possible. Obviously, I want to have the exterior painted in NDSU colors. I may try for a design similiar to the Battlewagon that was for sale on here a few months ago.

The next step is to make it road trip worthy by Sept. 12, 2008. Needs serious brake, suspension, exhaust and a general engine tune-up. Anyone have a recommendation where I could have all this done in one place in?

The last thing I want to do is make the interior Bison friendly. I was thinking a complete green-n-gold interior. Leather seats would be the most durable, but again, I have to keep prices reasonable. Again, recommendations on who in FM could do this? I was also considering taking out the fold down seat in back to be replaced by a portable bar.

Any ideas, suggestions or comments are welcome. If for some reason you don't want to plug a company on the board, just send me a PM.

Thanks!

Custom Graphics for Exterior possibly!

Till
04-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Ahh yes. The Van.

I think it's quite possibly the finest platform for a Tailgating rig. You can customize the hell out of it. It easily moves both people and supplies. And it'll love you back as long as you take care of it.

I don't know that I can make many recommendation since you're looking to spend actual money on the project. We did everything ourselves so it may not look professional, but it was born in the blood, sweat, and tears of true Bison fans. That's counts for something in our book.

If you have any specific questions let me know. Back in it's prime we too traveled west (Greeley, CO) with the Van. It's probably going to have to settle for Northern Iowa this year. Not bad for a 26 year old beast though.

G-city Bison Fan
04-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Ahh yes. The Van.

I think it's quite possibly the finest platform for a Tailgating rig. You can customize the hell out of it. It easily moves both people and supplies. And it'll love you back as long as you take care of it.

I don't know that I can make many recommendation since you're looking to spend actual money on the project. We did everything ourselves so it may not look professional, but it was born in the blood, sweat, and tears of true Bison fans. That's counts for something in our book.

If you have any specific questions let me know. Back in it's prime we too traveled west (Greeley, CO) with the Van. It's probably going to have to settle for Northern Iowa this year. Not bad for a 26 year old beast though.

Ah, the memories. Still brings a tear to my eye. :)