PDA

View Full Version : Juco Flowers to NDSU!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
04-01-2008, 07:44 PM
I have been waiting for this day for a long time. It is official. Book it, we got our Juco to go dancing with next year.

No, this is not an April Fool's Day joke. He will be a Bison!!!!!! I am really excited, as this is the athlete that we needed. I am so pumped.

bison_05
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
wow awesome signing. this better be for real.

Mr. Burgundy
04-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't do this to you guys. I have always been accurate.

lakesbison
04-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Dammit.! now i gotta call coach. . . sweet as hell.

mn_bison_
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Good to hear we got our banger... Hopefully this will lead to March Madness next spring!!!

Bison Dan
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't do this to you guys. I have always been accurate.

Strenghts and weakness compared to A. Smith?

TheDoctor
04-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I have been waiting for this day for a long time. It is official. Book it, we got our Juco to go dancing with next year.

No, this is not an April Fool's Day joke. He will be a Bison!!!!!! I am really excited, as this is the athlete that we needed. I am so pumped.

That a boy Richmond! We want Duke in th 1st round of the NCAA's. ;)

Just kidding ofcourse.......well maybe not.

roadwarrior
04-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Great news Mr B!

bisonmike2
04-01-2008, 09:24 PM

I'll take Duke. They sucked this year in the tourney, looking unimpressive the whole time. They'd look good as a member of the giants slayed by NDSU club:)

tjbison
04-01-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=196677

Its no joke, unless the Forum is in on it!!

Greenie
04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
For those wondering, the official basketball signing period is April 16-May 21.
http://www.national-letter.org/dates/

sambini
04-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Great news Mr. B++++++++++++

TheBisonator
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Unless The forum is printing one fake news story for April Fools, this is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2008, 10:59 PM
HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Unless The forum is printing one fake news story for April Fools, this is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

This would be a horrendous April Fools joke. It's like putting candy in front of a kid and then pulling away at the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4

"...that's messed up mama...."

Bisonguy
04-01-2008, 11:26 PM
HELL YEAH BABY!!!

It has been on all the local sportscasts, as well, including a phone interview with his Juco coach on WDAY. I doubt the conspiracy goes that far.

onbison09
04-01-2008, 11:36 PM
This would be a horrendous April Fools joke. It's like putting candy in front of a kid and then pulling away at the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4

"...that's messed up mama...."
LMAO. rep to you sir.

Gully
04-02-2008, 12:02 AM
This is great news. After football signing there has surely been a lull. Next we need to hear the Fargodome BB expansion has been approved!

Jdubs21
04-02-2008, 03:13 AM
i know one thing...if this is a joke im gonna whoop ur ass burgandy!!! haha

Mr. Burgundy
04-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Anyone else pumped this kid is going to be a Bison? Adding him and Carlson to the frontcourt, and no graduation....nice.

I spoke with a coach out in the Mountain West....he didn't win alot of games this year, but he did say that this was a REALLY good signing. Said that he is CRAZY athletic and will give an edge to the team that is needed. That is if you believe a coach who didn't win a conf game this year....ha.

TheDoctor
04-02-2008, 04:00 AM
That is if you believe a coach who didn't win a conf game this year....ha.

Until the tourney right???? ;)

lakesbison
04-02-2008, 04:22 AM
has this NO NAME coach ever won a golf tourney at oxbow?

or just hack up Detroit Lakes Country Club...?

ndsubison1
04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
This is great news! Welcome to the Bison Mr. Flowers!

RedRiver
04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/196736

Today's full article on the signing.

Bison"FANatic"
04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I had to waite a day as I get caught to many times on April 1.

This is great news, the pieces are in place now if everyone plays up to there potenital it could be a wonderful year. It is great to have the opportunity for these young men to take NDSU to the Dance of all Dances!!!!!!

bisonhusker
04-02-2008, 02:49 PM
If NDSU made the big dance next year.....we would be the biggest news in the tourney. Everyone would be talking about the team that went from D2 to D1 and made the big dance their first year eligible. It would be a HUGE story.

Adding Carlson to the mix (+25 lbs) and Flowers....Starting to love it.

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 04:22 PM
hey husker when will dejaun be arriving i kinda want to check him out i wanna see what his games all about w that new 3 line it should spread the floor a little more which is also good news for da bison

Trim
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
what new 3 line fool??

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
what new 3 line fool??

they moved it back an inch or 2 or 3 not sure exactly i was teeing up from it at the BSA the other day with no problems but i got nba range hit prolly a 40 footer i was like josh vaughn who?????

Trim
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
What the heck... hadn't heard of any rule change. Sure you weren't drunk my man?

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
What the heck... hadn't heard of any rule change. Sure you weren't drunk my man?

i was drunk off those lovely ladie lumps but no go check out the floor theres a new 3 line for mens basketball next year its not a big deal only a few inches if i had it my way itd be a few feet

Bison Dan
04-02-2008, 04:52 PM
i was drunk off those lovely ladie lumps but no go check out the floor theres a new 3 line for mens basketball next year its not a big deal only a few inches if i had it my way itd be a few feet

Most men would like the extra inches!

BisonAccountant44
04-02-2008, 04:56 PM
they moved it back an inch or 2 or 3 not sure exactly i was teeing up from it at the BSA the other day with no problems but i got nba range hit prolly a 40 footer i was like josh vaughn who?????

an inch or 2 or 3, or 12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2859065

I hadn't heard of it either, but looks like Slick is right. The line is going from the old 19' 9" to 20' 9" next year.

Actually, just noticed, that article is from May '07, I'm assuming the change passed, but I'll do some more checking.

Rabbitlivinginverm
04-02-2008, 05:03 PM

I hadn't heard of it either, but looks like Slick is right. The line is going from the old 19' 9" to 20' 9" next year.

Actually, just noticed, that article is from May '07, I'm assuming the change passed, but I'll do some more checking.

It has passed. It's part of the reason Nagy and co. are going to run a different offense next year...more wide open. That, and we really sucked.

By the way, good get with Flowers.

BisonAccountant44
04-02-2008, 05:05 PM

Looks legit. http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8631726

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM

i routinely make it rain from 24 feet so ya makes sense a foot away from 19-9 would seem like inches to me...and going by these measurements the "40" foot 3 i was talking about earlier was prolly more along the lines of 30 but even still thats some serious range

SDbison
04-02-2008, 05:18 PM
i routinely make it rain from 24 feet so ya makes sense a foot away from 19-9 would seem like inches to me...and going by these measurements the "40" foot 3 i was talking about earlier was prolly more along the lines of 30 but even still thats some serious range
Slick, you need to set up a basketball game with B1SON and others after the spring game. Can we get into the BSA or Wellness Center Saturday afternoon? Right now I am about to head down for some hoops here at work. Play at least three times a week. Oh yeah, Slick, I do pretty good from the 3 point line too!

SlickVic
04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Slick, you need to set up a basketball game with B1SON and others after the spring game. Can we get into the BSA or Wellness Center Saturday afternoon? Right now I am about to head down for some hoops here at work. Play at least three times a week. Oh yeah, Slick, I do pretty good from the 3 point line too!

chea for sure just gotta make sure sauls there with a pen and paper cuz i will be conducting a clinic...ill make it rain SD believe that bobby B me trim B1SON and dormie vs you burgandy lakes road and aces you guys can just have PL im not worried we'll play 5 on 6...bisonville basketball in the bsa baby chea set it up

lakesbison
04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Im In Bitches!@!

rutlandbison
04-02-2008, 06:06 PM
chea for sure just gotta make sure sauls there with a pen and paper cuz i will be conducting a clinic...ill make it rain SD believe that bobby B me trim B1SON and dormie vs you burgandy lakes road and aces you guys can just have PL im not worried we'll play 5 on 6...bisonville basketball in the bsa baby chea set it up

So aaaaaa do you play any sports in college?? Cause i can "Let it Rain" from 30 too.

TheDoctor
04-03-2008, 03:00 AM
How do I always get dragged into these moch games? :rofl: Because I can provide the court? Actually the BBFH is getting a face lift starting April 14th and NOONE gets in until the end of June. They are replacing the boarded up windows and "shedding a little ligth on the situation in the BBFH" (pun intended). ;)

SlickVic
04-03-2008, 03:13 AM
BSA it is then text saul tell him to have a notebook ready because i will be filling it with page upon page of the fine art andre taught me....a little thing we like to call the chicken wing

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 03:23 AM
BSA it is then text saul tell him to have a notebook ready because i will be filling it with page upon page of the fine art andre taught me....a little thing we like to call the chicken wing

O im sure he'll be there with the best basketball player around playing a pick up game.

lakesbison
04-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Rutland..... make that 2 of the best players around.

I have my school record for 3 pointers in a game..NINE.

Bison Dan
04-03-2008, 12:06 PM

I don't think he was talking about grade school!

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 01:02 PM

And when i was a junior in high school i was 5th in the state in made three pointers should i come too?

lakesbison
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
You can come if SLICK invites you.

its Invitation only.

TheDoctor
04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Do you guys still have elegibility left? Sounds like 5 of you could get together and make a run at the NCAAs!!!!!!!!!

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Do you guys still have elegibility left? Sounds like 5 of you could get together and make a run at the NCAAs!!!!!!!!!

Haha nice, nope i'm not a good basketball just shot alot of threes. I'm not like Slic or Lakes i dont think im the best and don't talk it up like i am

Golden Eagle
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't know anything about this guy other than the info on Rivals. Is he supposed to be a big pickup? If so congrats!!! Our league needs more quality bigs.

Mr. Burgundy
04-04-2008, 12:49 AM
He is the tough athlete that NDSU needed....and targeted with the one scholarship. Adding him and Carlson to team from last year will put NDSU in position to have a shot. He is a supreme athlete. Jumper/shot blocker type guy.

IndyBison
04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
If NDSU made the big dance next year.....we would be the biggest news in the tourney. Everyone would be talking about the team that went from D2 to D1 and made the big dance their first year eligible. It would be a HUGE story.

Adding Carlson to the mix (+25 lbs) and Flowers....Starting to love it.
It wouldn't be that big of a story nationally. It would just be another school winning one of the lower DI conference tournaments and getting a low seed. It would probably be mentioned but it wouldn't be major news. Now if they won a first round game, THEN it would be major news.

Just getting mentioned during the first week of the tourney and being in all the brackets is excellent publicity. Do you think you would have ever heard of Coppin State or Davidson or Sienna or any of the other schools if they hadn't made the tournament a couple times?

Jdubs21
04-07-2008, 12:11 AM
i agree totally.... we didnt get much attention after our big upsets in wisconsin or maquette.....how they gonna give us any air time by being the 14-16 seed in the tourney?

TheDoctor
04-07-2008, 12:46 AM
i agree totally.... we didnt get much attention after our big upsets in wisconsin or maquette.....how they gonna give us any air time by being the 14-16 seed in the tourney?

WHAT??? We were introduced to the world by Linda Cohn on Sports Center. We were on the front pages of ESPN.com all day. Jay Bilas added us to his Top Ten Power Teams that week. We got more National attention than this state EVER has sports wise. ;)

lakesbison
04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
B1SON.. amen.. I hope he was being sarcastic. but ...

NDSU wins over wisconsin and even marquette where nothing short of PUBLICITY CITY!!

ESPN, CUTTING IN ON CBS HOOPS DURING THE GAME FOR AN UPDATE.

Dick Vitale yelling about NDSU.

Star Tribune, KFAN interviews, oh yea. HUGE.

WELCOME TO NDSU FLOWERS!!

sambini
04-07-2008, 02:34 AM
WHAT??? We were introduced to the world by Linda Cohn on Sports Center. We were on the front pages of ESPN.com all day. Jay Bilas added us to his Top Ten Power Teams that week. We got more National attention than this state EVER has sports wise. ;)
Right on B1SON++++++

TheDoctor
04-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Word on the street is that Flowers will be attending some summer school in Wahpeton this year before joining the Bison in the fall. Maybe you can go down Slick and play a little pick up game with him and give us your assessment. ;)

SlickVic
04-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Word on the street is that Flowers will be attending some summer school in Wahpeton this year before joining the Bison in the fall. Maybe you can go down Slick and play a little pick up game with him and give us your assessment. ;)

i wouldnt want to shatter his ego although with all the hype and expectations surrounding him he may need a crash course in reality and i could conduct it...with the walk on ill be delivering to saul this summer theres no way the bison wont be sweet 16ing with it so somebody text saul and tell him slicks been blazing the recruiting trail i got kevin hanks just jacked to join sauls sweet squad

IndyBison
04-08-2008, 05:26 AM
B1SON.. amen.. I hope he was being sarcastic. but ...

NDSU wins over wisconsin and even marquette where nothing short of PUBLICITY CITY!!

ESPN, CUTTING IN ON CBS HOOPS DURING THE GAME FOR AN UPDATE.

Dick Vitale yelling about NDSU.

Star Tribune, KFAN interviews, oh yea. HUGE.

WELCOME TO NDSU FLOWERS!!

There's a big difference between getting those mentions and "being the biggest story of the tournament". That was just a little too much hyperbole. We would only be a major national news story if we win that first game (or more). Making the tournament would be a great accomplishment though and an HUGE regional story.

SlickVic
04-08-2008, 05:31 AM
There's a big difference between getting those mentions and "being the biggest story of the tournament". That was just a little too much hyperbole. We would only be a major national news story if we win that first game (or more). Making the tournament would be a great accomplishment though and an HUGE regional story.

have no fear the incredible hanks all be here in no time ;)

jackrabbit1979
04-08-2008, 01:32 PM
i wouldnt want to shatter his ego although with all the hype and expectations surrounding him he may need a crash course in reality and i could conduct it...with the walk on ill be delivering to saul this summer theres no way the bison wont be sweet 16ing with it so somebody text saul and tell him slicks been blazing the recruiting trail i got kevin hanks just jacked to join sauls sweet squad

Nothing like a nice recruiting violation to kick off the beginning of NCAA eligibility....

And just so Burgandy and his gang don't jump down my throat for the above joke, good get on Flowers. If he lives up to the hype, he should help.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-08-2008, 02:14 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/196736

Today's full article on the signing.

WARNING: Beware of simple answers to complex problems

lakesbison
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
jackrabbit.. nothing being violated by talkin smack on a message board.

have you seen a big ten or sec message board??

its hilarious to see what the fans say about players and stuff.

CaBisonFan
04-12-2008, 03:09 AM

Can you give me some info on him?

Home...height...size...type of player, etc.

SirHinn
04-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Can you give me some info on him?

Home...height...size...type of player, etc.

Very simple, type www.google.com. Afer that go to the search button and type Dejuan Flowers commits to NDSU. I'm sure you can get all your information from there.

roadwarrior
04-12-2008, 05:20 AM
I think enough info can be found in this thread.

SlickVic
04-14-2008, 03:09 AM
kevin hanks to ndsu somebody text saul and make it happen ++++++++++++ have no fear the incredible hanks all be here

Bison101
04-14-2008, 10:10 PM

Or how bout playing Kansas? ;) ;)

silkamilkamonico
04-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Or how bout playing Kansas? ;) ;)

No. I hope NDSU never plays KU. Ever.

RunDMc34
04-15-2008, 03:21 AM
KU is for sure a team I would like to send home from the Dance as a cinderella them or I dont know like UNC or somebody.

Lets face it Im a Dukie and if we sent Duke packing I would be the happiest guy in the world.

bison_05
04-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Lets face it Im a Dukie.

I'm Sorry. :)

TheDoctor
04-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Lets face it Im a Dukie and if we sent Duke packing I would be the happiest guy in the world.

I have a Blue Devil on my right arm to prove it and I couldn't agree more with you. ;)

lakesbison
04-17-2008, 04:37 AM
all 3 channels in fargo had flowers info tonite

*notice i say 3, cuz 4 & 11 is the same, i still cant believe the FCC allows them to do that!!*
&&***********************&&

anyways.. great stuff... saul didnt put TOO much pressure on him, but at the same point.. i wish they showed more than 2 freakin dunks.

I saw the whole dvd, the kid is good and will be explosive!! super fast with the 1st move!!

WELCOME DEJUAN!! I HOPE YOU LIKE ALL THE PUBLICITY!

BigBison
04-17-2008, 07:15 AM
I dont know if this has been posted but I think Flowers has family that is attending NDSU right now. Which may have also helped him pick NDSU.

TheDoctor
06-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Flowers was at the BSA today and watching the elementary basketball camp we were doing and he seemed to be having fun with the current players. Lets hope the chemistry keeps coming together! ;)

SlickVic
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Flowers was at the BSA today to watch the elementary basketball camp we were doing and he seemed to be having fun with the current players. Lets hope the chemistry keeps coming together! ;)

will he be there tommoro what time ima stop by and check him out cant wait to see what hes all about you fools got me just jacked 4 dejaun baby chea

RedRiver
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
WDAY TV sports is having a feature on Flowers tonight during the late newscast.

TheDoctor
07-09-2008, 06:20 AM
WDAY TV sports is having a feature on Flowers tonight during the late newscast.

What did it say??????????????? ;)

SlickVic
07-09-2008, 06:48 AM
What did it say??????????????? ;)

he was like "i got a little jump hook i got a real nice jump hook" then he was like "the fans will get real exited...alot of exitement" and then u hear halstrom "how do you plan to do that?" dejauns like "straight dunks...bring some dunks to the table" hahaha wow he sounds sweet cant wait to see him in person hes not looking all that big from the clips they were showing hes not much bigger than zo riley