PDA

View Full Version : Starting Lineup?

rutlandbison
04-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I was just wondering what you guys think the starting lineup will be come next season. I'm not even going to take a guess because i'll just get ridiculed for the way I set it up, so i wanted to ask all you guys what you think it will be.

Bison
04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Offense
QB- Mertens
Wr- Heckendorf, Belquist
FB- Jangula
RB- Roehl
TE- Wurzbacher
T- Ebel, Buckman
G- Septak, Foster
C- Harrington

Defense
DL- Gratzek, Fairbairn
DE- Compton, Lardinois
LB- Humber, Henry, Maresh
CB- Bowman, Richardson
S- Belmont, Schommer

tjbison
04-01-2008, 03:30 AM
I was just wondering what you guys think the starting lineup will be come next season. I'm not even going to take a guess because i'll just get ridiculed for the way I set it up, so i wanted to ask all you guys what you think it will be.

Come on can't start a thread without the authors prediction:p

rutlandbison
04-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Come on can't start a thread without the authors prediction:p

Well i agree with Bison on pretty much everything except i think arndt will see playing time at the gaurd position.

SDbison
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Well i agree with Bison on pretty much everything except i think arndt will see playing time at the gaurd position.
I agree for the most part, also see Paschall and McNorton sharing #2 runningback to Roehl. If those 3 guys stay healthy, what a group to have available for any game. If Roehl is banged up, or playing a fast D with good tackling have Paschall and McNorton share duties. If a team has a smaller D up front run Roehl and McNorton at them. If a mix of running styles is needed to throw off a smart D rotate Roehl and Paschall.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
04-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I agree for the most part, also see Paschall and McNorton sharing #2 runningback to Roehl. If those 3 guys stay healthy, what a group to have available for any game. If Roehl is banged up, or playing a fast D with good tackling have Paschall and McNorton share duties. If a team has a smaller D up front run Roehl and McNorton at them. If a mix of running styles is needed to throw off a smart D rotate Roehl and Paschall.

I hope McNorton is the star that everybody seems to think he is going to be. He will get plenty of carries after Roehl is gone. I just wish people would give Roehl and Paschall a little more respect, instead of trying to replace them with a Freshman that they have seen in a highlight video.

Watch for Roehl to be the work horse taking most of the carries, while Paschall takes whatever is left over. Watch for McNorton in mopup duty, he should get a few more carries with Blincoe going down and hopefully on special teams, maybe the Kickoff Team.

OldBison
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Offense
QB- Mertens
Wr- Heckendorf, Belquist
FB- Jangula
RB- Roehl
TE- Wurzbacher
T- Ebel, Buckman
G- Septak, Foster
C- Harrington

Defense
DL- Gratzek, Fairbairn
DE- Compton, Lardinois
LB- Humber, Henry, Maresh
CB- Bowman, Richardson
S- Belmont, Schommer

I'm not so sure Richardson will keep his CB spot. Agbetola, Colvin and Mitchell will be vying for that spot, my money is on Agbetola.

Also not sure Septak is penciled in at OG, but may have an advantage since LT is a dog fight between Ebel, Backowski and Arndt.

Bison
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Richardson will keep his starting spot, trust me. He's got a year under his belt in the system and after a year like last year, where he didn't do too bad at all, he will use that experrience to his advantage, therefore he's bound to have a better year. He's been looking good in practice so far this year, so I don't think he will be giving that spot up any time soon.

X-Factor
04-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Agbetola nearly beat out Earl last fall for the starting nod. In fact, he had the starting position for while before season began. There is some good competition at CB this year. Whoever wins is well deserving.

rutlandbison
04-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Agbetola nearly beat out Earl last fall for the starting nod. In fact, he had the starting position for while before season began. There is some good competition at CB this year. Whoever wins is well deserving.

I agree, i think Agbetola will get the starting job at a corner.

tjbison
04-02-2008, 02:00 AM
I agree, i think Agbetola will get the starting job at a corner.

After the INT at the goofer game last year, I put him in a whole new Class!!

Scooter1
04-02-2008, 02:30 AM
QB - Mertens
RB - Roehl
FB - Jangula
TE - Wurzbacher
T - Ebel
G - Arndt- I think Ebel will win out at T but Arndt may be moved back to G
C - Harrington
G - Foster
T - Buckman
WR - Heckendorf
WR - Schultenover- This kid was very good against Cal Poly

DE - Lardinois
DL - Fairbairn
DL - Gratzek
DE - Compton- Boyer may be starting by the third game in this spot.
LB _ Maresh
LB - Humber
LB - Henry
CB - Bowman
CB - Colvin.. ( liked how physical he was as a true freshman.)
SS - Belmont
FS Schommer (needs to learn to wrap up or Eaves may see time here)

msvjcpa
04-02-2008, 12:44 PM
QB - Mertens
RB - Roehl
FB - Jangula
TE - Wurzbacher
T - Ebel
C - Harrington
G - Foster
T - Buckman
WR - Heckendorf

DE - Lardinois
DL - Fairbairn
DL - Gratzek
LB _ Maresh
LB - Humber
LB - Henry
CB - Bowman
SS - Belmont

I'd keep a look out for Garrett Johnson at DE as well. Quicker and more agile than Boyer based on testing before spring break and 15 to 20 pounds heavier. At 6'5" and 260 lbs. he is the prototypical DE. Played all last year on scout D against Nate Safe. Boyer played a linebacker position on scout D. Both should get significant play time this year.

Bison
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Garrett Johnson has been moved inside to defensive tackle as of now.

msvjcpa
04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Garrett Johnson has been moved inside to defensive tackle as of now.

I heard he is taking reps at both positions. That makes him a pretty versatile player. To have a kid that can contribute at two key positions is pretty valuable.

rutlandbison
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I also think that Gary Williams will get a shot at wide out, speed like that is tough to keep off the field.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
04-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I also think that Gary Williams will get a shot at wide out, speed like that is tough to keep off the field.

Do you know how fast Gary Williams is? 40 time?

Bison Dan
04-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I think you're going to see alot of substutions throughout the games this year. We have so many good players. We should develop alot of depth this year.

OldBison
04-02-2008, 07:25 PM
I think you're going to see alot of substutions throughout the games this year. We have so many good players. We should develop alot of depth this year.

You are likely right, I just hope the development comes along faster than normal. NDSU will need a lot of players in Laramie at 7200 ft on Sept 13.

OldBison
04-02-2008, 07:28 PM
QB - Mertens
RB - Roehl
FB - Jangula
TE - Wurzbacher
T - Ebel
C - Harrington
G - Foster
T - Buckman
WR - Heckendorf

DE - Lardinois
DL - Fairbairn
DL - Gratzek
LB _ Maresh
LB - Humber
LB - Henry
CB - Bowman
SS - Belmont

Way to go for some sleepers in your picks! You probably picked Davidson also in the big dance. I like Colvin also, that is why I think he will be in the mix at CB with Richardson and Abetola. I don't see Schultenhover unseating Belquist though, more likely he will be the third receiver in three receiver sets. But, I agree, he came on strong toward the end of the last year.

rutlandbison
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Do you know how fast Gary Williams is? 40 time?

4.4 but he told me he's hoping it's under 4.4 by fall

Scooter1
04-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Way to go for some sleepers in your picks! You probably picked Davidson also in the big dance. I like Colvin also, that is why I think he will be in the mix at CB with Richardson and Abetola. I don't see Schultenhover unseating Belquist though, more likely he will be the third receiver in three receiver sets. But, I agree, he came on strong toward the end of the last year.

The problem is that the 08 team has a unique mix of incomming freshmen and players who for one reason or another weren't able to go last season. As far as Davidson.... No, hate to say it, I had Davidson going out after the second round. Man they were fun to watch this year.

Defensive back and Wide receiver are going to be deep this year. I think that Schultenover is going to have a break out year in 08. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if we were to see Schultenover, Holloway, and Williams on the feild in a three receiver package alot in 09. Along with Colvin's physical play at CB, I look forward to having a guy like Eaves who can come into the game and give us some added speed at DB. He did run a 10.4 in the 100 meters as a senior in HS. Truth be told, I forgot about Johnson.

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 12:20 AM
O man all this talk is gettin me all excited, I just need to calm down a little bit!

Mr. Burgundy
04-03-2008, 12:58 AM
I heard Kruger (RS WR from Wisco) has left the team. Anyone else care to confirm?

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I heard Kruger (RS WR from Wisco) has left the team. Anyone else care to confirm?

Wow, i hope that's not true.

OldBison
04-03-2008, 05:23 PM

My sources tell me this is not a rumor. Krueger has left the team.

Too bad, at 6'3" I heard he had great hands and was an in line for playing time as a possession receiver NEXT year. But, as Bo said, those that stay will be champions...

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 10:06 PM
My sources tell me this is not a rumor. Krueger has left the team.

Too bad, at 6'3" I heard he had great hands and was an in line for playing time as a possession receiver NEXT year. But, as Bo said, those that stay will be champions...

Is there a reason behind this?

Hammersmith
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Krueger's transferring to a DIII in Wisconsin according to the article about Shamen's knee.

rutlandbison
04-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Krueger's transferring to a DIII in Wisconsin according to the article about Shamen's knee.

Well thats not good, but i guess you can't stop him from what he wants to do.

90BISON
04-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Unless we start passing 60 times a game, as deep as we are at the receiver position, not everyone is going to get significant playing time. 4 receiver set maybe???:(

imported_Bisongold
04-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Krueger was highly regarded by the receiving corp. Had great potential. There is potentially dozens of reasons why someone would leave the team. Anything posted on here is probably pure speculation for now.

SlickVic
04-05-2008, 06:05 AM
But, as Bo said, those that stay will be champions...

bo''s my boy amen brother!!!!!! you read his autobiography??? hahaha love the chapter "pimps and hoes" ;)