PDA

View Full Version : Blincoe's Knee

Gully
03-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Sounds like Pete blew up his knee. See the Forum. That sucks, I hate to see that. Good thing we were 5 deep at RB. Make that 4 deep now.

aces1180
03-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Sounds like Pete blew up his knee. See the Forum. That sucks, I hate to see that. Good thing we were 5 deep at RB. Make that 4 deep now.

Dang...Let's hope he rehabs and comes back to be a better player.

Shamen and Travis White also had knees in spring practice the last couple of years...Unfortunately, its part of the game.

bisongirl
03-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=195881

CaBisonFan
03-25-2008, 12:56 AM

:banghead:

lakesbison
03-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Oh man Pete!! Ill have to leave ya a message on your myspace.

just horrible news.. DANGIT!!!

well, time for DJ to step up.

Pete.... chill out this year, rehab and lets do this for 2 more years when you get back!!

WRSDBison
03-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Dang...Let's hope he rehabs and comes back to be a better player.

Shamen and Travis White also had knees in spring practice the last couple of years...Unfortunately, its part of the game.

That absolutly sucks.

Wasn't T Whites knee injury early in fall practice???

And does anybody know what the plans are with Brower? RB or LB?

Jdubs21
03-25-2008, 02:45 AM
he can still redshirt though to save a year cant he?

Woden
03-25-2008, 03:03 AM
he can still redshirt though to save a year cant he?

Yes, and he won't even have to go through the whole medical redshirt process. He can just take an academic redshirt and that will be that.

tjbison
03-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I think he can take a medical, if it ends his season????? But will this injury end it? Still 5 months till the first game, and I doubt he would play the OOC games!

silkamilkamonico
03-25-2008, 03:58 AM
You can only apply for a medical if you're redshirt was already used.

Get well Pete!

X-Factor
03-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I think he can take a medical, if it ends his season????? But will this injury end it? Still 5 months till the first game, and I doubt he would play the OOC games!

A torn ACL generally means 6 months from time of surgery and if that is the only thing wrong. If it is a complete tear (sounds like it if the docs are so easily spitting out "ACL" without even looking at an MRI) there is no way he would be in good enough shape to even crack the depth chart. These injuries force you to be basically sedentary for so long you really lose most of your conditioning and strength. Unless he is dead set on playing and didn't have the luxury to redshirt, it would probably be wise to take the year off.

Get well soon Pete! I know what this is like!

Bison"FANatic"
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
This is not great news. Lucky we are fairly deep at RB but that can change in a hurry. My opinion is that if it is a complete ACL tear we will not be seeing Blincoe on the field this year (MRI will tell though). The rehab time for a bad ACL injury is just to long to get back up to full football speed. It sounds like he will get the year off on the field but will be making up for it with the trainers. I wish him the best and hope to see him next year and the year after.

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Bad news for Pete but maybe there is a silver lining here. Instead of fighting for pt in a deep backfield he can take a year off, rehab that knee and come back in 09 after Roehl graduates. Best of luck Pete.

tcbison
03-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I would like to see Brower in the backfield but I don't know what his status is. He runs a lot like Roehl does.

OldBison
03-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I would like to see Brower in the backfield but I don't know what his status is. He runs a lot like Roehl does.

I also would like to see Brower back at RB, after all, we all think the position is deep but that also assumes that Paschall will make a full recovery. If I remember correctly, he tore his ACL and meniscus of the knee cap, correct? If recovery is 12 mo, and he tore his in Nov, can he be back by Aug?

NDSUstudent
03-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I also would like to see Brower back at RB, after all, we all think the position is deep but that also assumes that Paschall will make a full recovery. If I remember correctly, he tore his ACL and meniscus of the knee cap, correct? If recovery is 12 mo, and he tore his in Nov, can he be back by Aug?

Paschall had a meniscus tear, not an ACL.

bisonhusker
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Brower moves piles.

NDSU1980
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I remember maybe 20 years ago some coach made the comment that he saw no purpose to spring ball. He claimed all you get out of it are the injuries, anything else you can get when you start fall camp. I'm not saying he's right, but I sure remember the remark every time we get a spring injury.

bison mom
03-25-2008, 10:16 PM
The more repetitions the newer, inexperienced players get is so important. It is something that they will receive only by getting in the maximum amount of practices that the NCAA will allow, spring and fall. But you're right, it does come with a price!

lakesbison
03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
BROWER WILL BE AT RB.. no WORRIES.

THE NEBRASKA STAR CAN END HIS CAREER BOWLING OVER PEOPLE IN CHATTANOOOGA!!

BisonNeil
03-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Paschall had a meniscus tear, not an ACL.

Really, isn't ligament damage like, er, and ACL? See Forum article last year:

NDSU’s Paschall out with injury
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
North Dakota State running back Pat Paschall ’s season has come to an apparent and abrupt end. The sophomore sustained ligament damage to his knee and will not play Saturday at California Poly. ...Paschall had 10 carries for 105 yards last week against Illinois State. He was not visibly removed from the field because of an injury. He ’s the team ’s second leading rusher with 530 yards on 84 carries. ...

WRSDBison
03-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Meniscus, ACL, PCL, LCL and MCL are all different. ACL is the worst one to come back from

4mcruenomore
03-26-2008, 04:09 AM
No offense to Pete, or to the fans, but he sucked when it was important. Re-watch the Gopher game, or re-watch the SD game (where was he???) I look to Horner from South to take over for him, combined with Roehl to lead and a healthy Paschall. I mean come on guys, just being realistic.

HerdBot
03-26-2008, 04:39 AM
No offense to Pete, or to the fans, but he sucked when it was important. Re-watch the Gopher game, or re-watch the SD game (where was he???) I look to Horner from South to take over for him, combined with Roehl to lead and a healthy Paschall. I mean come on guys, just being realistic.

It was clear by the speedy development of Paschal that he was a better running back and he was the #2 guy.

But we need players like Blincoe because he's been around for nearly 4 years and knows the system extremely well, won't make mistakes in pass protection, and will give you solid production. Not spectacular but solid.

Now we have to depend on Brower (not many carries and coming off a knee injury), DJ McNorton (inexperienced), and Voightlander (inexperienced).

What if Roehl or Paschall get hurt? It's not a matter of IF they get hurt but WHEN they do.

DJ is the guy we want to step in and make plays.

BEST CASE: DJ is a fast learner and steps in right away!! His superior athletic ability shows and we're a much more explosive team with an added weapon! We have the best trio of backs in D1-AA football!

WORST CASE: DJ plays like a rookie and hasn't learned the system. He has to think instead of react so he's not looking so good. Occasionally he makes a big play but his mistakes in pass protection almost got Mertens hurt.

Honestly... I think we should throw Shamen back there more. He's similar in size and is good for nearly 9 yards per carry for his career.

tony
03-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Tough break for Blincoe - hope he recovers quickly. Good time to hit the books hard.

BTW, Pete did average 5.8 ypc against the Gophers.

SDbison
03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Wish Blincoe the best.......much as he doesn't have size he has a lot of desire to play for the Bison. Averaging 5 yards per carry during his first two years with NDSU is pretty darn good. We are just spoiled by some of the exceptional backs in Roehl, Paschall, McNorton, and others to follow. Blincoe has done his part to contribute to the success of Bison teams the past two years. Get healthy and come back ready to go next year Pete!

Fightin' Bison
03-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Really, isn't ligament damage like, er, and ACL?

An ACL is, obviously, a ligament. The real question is: what is the damage? Is it a complete tear, a partial tear, or a sprain/strain? A complete tear is surgical, a partial tear can be surgical, a sprain/strain is rehab. It sounds like Bincoe had a complete tear and, therefore, will be out 6-12 months.

CarringtonBison
03-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Really, isn't ligament damage like, er, and ACL? See Forum article last year:

NDSU’s Paschall out with injury
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
North Dakota State running back Pat Paschall ’s season has come to an apparent and abrupt end. The sophomore sustained ligament damage to his knee and will not play Saturday at California Poly. ...Paschall had 10 carries for 105 yards last week against Illinois State. He was not visibly removed from the field because of an injury. He ’s the team ’s second leading rusher with 530 yards on 84 carries. ...

Meniscus is the cartilage that supports the femur on the tibia. It provides cushion. It is fixed by either removing it or cleaning it up, depending on the size of the tear. MUCH, MUCH better to have this than an ACL tear. Technically any ACL tear does not need to be fixed at all. However, for high level athletes it does if they wish to continue with competition. Consider it at least 8 months, up to 12 for a recovery.

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 07:40 PM

I'll give you the gopher game but everyone was absent during the SDSU game, Pete and Roehl. They shut us down that game. The most impressive run was by our linebacker on a kickoff return. Pete's best game was the Cal-Poly game 2 years ago. I don't think he's had a chance to get into the flow of being the top back. He's shown flashes of stuff but never over an entire game (except the Cal-Poly game).

OldBison
03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
I look to Horner from South to take over for him, combined with Roehl to lead and a healthy Paschall. I mean come on guys, just being realistic.

You can't be serious.

Horner over DJ or Matt?

It's not good to drink that much alcohol at one time this early in the day.

GradBison
03-26-2008, 09:59 PM

He was still part of the depth at RB that we all were happy about a few days ago. I hate to see us losing any depth even with the 3rd or 4th string guy.

I wish Pete a quick recovery.

lakesbison
03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
RESPONSE FROM BLINCOE!!! WHAT A STUD!

OOOPs Tha.. Block User
Date:
Mar 25, 2008 8:31 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [?]

Re: dude.. im sorry
Body:

thanks man I'm going to be okay as long as the 08 bison get to that playoff bracket and hopefully to the big game... but thanks I appreciate the support. take it easy

4mcruenomore
04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Riddle me, yes I can understand, DJ rules so I"ve heard. Steffes was also a freshman also at one point. All I meant that was that the "flashy" backs usually develop injuries or fumble-itis............I will always support the NoDak kids, they want to win for the team not for themselves.

RunDMc34
04-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Though sad for Pete (I was never a huge fan) I cant imagine him being higher than 4th on the depth chart this season anyway. Its a very good thing we have depth even if unproven depth. I gotta think that Horner will redshirt this year for sure.

BisonNeil
04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Riddle me, yes I can understand, DJ rules so I"ve heard. Steffes was also a freshman also at one point. All I meant that was that the "flashy" backs usually develop injuries or fumble-itis............I will always support the NoDak kids, they want to win for the team not for themselves.

Steffes red-shirted, as DJ did, and as Horner should.

SirHinn
04-11-2008, 04:23 AM

So your trying to say that the players from outside of North Dakota play for themselves and not the team? Gotta shake my head at your comments, I always support the players that give the Bison the best chance to win regardless of where they are from.
I'm just curious if you've actually seen from Horner outside of competing against the highschool level and you honestly believe he's better then Blincoe, DJ, and Matt or if your just making the comment that he should play because he's from ND and you love those ND boys and your a big homer.

lakesbison
04-11-2008, 04:31 AM
VOITLANDER played in a tougher conference than the whole state of north dakota and fargo south.

DJ comes from T E X A S ... thats T E X A S ... ok?? enough said.

Blincoe comes from C A L I F O R N I A...

puhhhlease.... Im glad horner's on the team, but he'll be just a special teamer, and thats fine with him Im sure.

SirHinn
04-11-2008, 04:40 AM
VOITLANDER played in a tougher conference than the whole state of north dakota and fargo south.

puhhhlease.... Im glad horner's on the team, but he'll be just a special teamer, and thats fine with him Im sure.

I couldn't agree with you more Lakes!

d3boys
04-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Im pretty sure he is coming here to play not just be a special team player
he can wait his turn and when that time comes he will do just fine

Greenie
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Lakes is all about where you're from and what you did in high school. Newsflash...that stuff doesn't mean Jack Squat once you step on the college field.

SirHinn
04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Lakes is all about where you're from and what you did in high school. Newsflash...that stuff doesn't mean Jack Squat once you step on the college field.

Exactly, so what relevance does it have where Tyler Rohl or Steffes came from then too? Some people seem to only care where they came from only if it's from North Dakota.

lakesbison
04-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Steffes and Roehl came in 4-5 years ago.

Things have changed my boys NEWSFLASH.

sambini
04-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Lakes is all about where you're from and what you did in high school. Newsflash...that stuff doesn't mean Jack Squat once you step on the college field.+++++++++++++++++

Swany
04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
NDSU football certainly isn't about charity, they don't give scholarships to kids who can't play. You can't do that and be successful. If the coaching staff decided to offer Horner a scholly they think the kid can play, same with any other kid they recruit. Where you come from doesn't matter -- if you can play football, you can play football, whether you're from N. Dakota, Minn., TX, CA, Wisco. or FL.

You prove it and earn it on the field. How many highly touted recruits have come and gone in Fargo since Alex Belquist (nine-man fball in New Rockford, ND) got here and elevated his game to be a big part of our passing offense? How many catches did he have against I-A Central Michigan ... I seem to remember him having quite a big game that day. There have been faster more athletic dudes he beat out because he's a smart, solid, all-around football player.

NDSUstudent
04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Horner may not be the biggest or fastest runner in our stable of backs but if you have ever watched the kid run you would never make the statement that he is going to be just a special teamer. A lot of ND players have come into our system and through their hard work and our coaching staff have gone onto to great things. I'm not saying the players from other states don't, just that playing in a great high school league or state doesn't exactly mean they are any greater a player. They have to earn that when they get here.

Civil06
04-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Steffes and Roehl came in 4-5 years ago.

Things have changed my boys NEWSFLASH.

So Roehl is only playing because he waited his turn and there's nobody older than him from California?

SirHinn
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Horner may not be the biggest or fastest runner in our stable of backs but if you have ever watched the kid run you would never make the statement that he is going to be just a special teamer. A lot of ND players have come into our system and through their hard work and our coaching staff have gone onto to great things. I'm not saying the players from other states don't, just that playing in a great high school league or state doesn't exactly mean they are any greater a player. They have to earn that when they get here.

I think he was implying that his first couple of years he would be primarily playing special teams. He was replying in regards to someone saying that Horner was going to be the 3rd back on the depth chart before the end of the year.

I believe Lakes is trying to say its a lot harder for a ND boy to come in and contribute immediately due to how much the recruiting base has expanded.

TransAmBison
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I think he was implying that his first couple of years he would be primarily playing special teams. He was replying in regards to someone saying that Horner was going to be the 3rd back on the depth chart before the end of the year.

I believe Lakes is trying to say its a lot harder for a ND boy to come in and contribute immediately due to how much the recruiting base has expanded.
Me thinkest you giveth Lakes too much credit.

4mcruenomore
04-14-2008, 03:35 AM
A north dakota homer, I guess I am. I remember my freshman & sophmore years in the dorm at Thompson. My suite mates both years were from "the cities" (When I say that, my relatives in Pittsburgh say, "what cities"?, which makes me laugh, anyways). They bashed ND, Fargo, and NDSU for that matter, continuely saying that MN was better, ND was a joke, etc...So, I asked them, why NDSU? They had no answer to that question, so I thanked them for contributing their tuition to our fund. This board does make me remember to those days, posters from MN continually talk about players that are not from ND and say how good they are, that's fine, But this is NORTH DAKOTA STATE, and I will always look at the guys from home to contribute to the team.