PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 Schedule Talk....

NDSUstudent
03-24-2008, 02:17 AM
As of now it is @UM and UWGB at home, right? Anybody know anything else about next year's schedule? Any chance Miles puts us on the schedule again?

lakesbison
03-24-2008, 02:20 AM
miles= probably

Iowa team at least *iowa or iowa state*

Blue ribbon classic again? (florida, rutgers, etc)

California tourney again?

U of Minn at METRODOME (to help them set up for regional NCAA tourney)

ndsubison1
03-24-2008, 03:49 AM
I want to see an opponent from a major conference at home. (Missouri? Nebraska? Colorado with Dufault there Iowa St.?) or someone such as Montana, N. Iowa, Creighton, Wyoming, or Utah.

Put UND on the schedule because money is more important than politics. And I dont want to see a Mayville, Bemidji, or NC Central on the schedule.

NDSUstudent
03-24-2008, 04:26 AM
I would love to get Drake or Butler on the schedule. Honestly, a home and home with any Horizon or MVC team would be great. As for money games....it would be cool to play one beatable team like Northwestern or Iowa and then go for the glory and play a Kansas or Indiana.

IndyBison
03-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I would love to get Drake or Butler on the schedule. Honestly, a home and home with any Horizon or MVC team would be great. As for money games....it would be cool to play one beatable team like Northwestern or Iowa and then go for the glory and play a Kansas or Indiana.
I know the play-by-play guy for Butler (he's also the Director of Marketing for the athletic department) and I keep telling him we need to get on their schedule. SDSU played here last year. If they keep having their success none of the big boys are going to want to play them so they might go for an NDSU to come to their place. IU or Purdue would also be great!

lakesbison
03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
you selfish bastard!!! ha ha.

I still don't know why NDSU can't get a BIG BIG BIG TIME team to have 1 game at the fargodome!!!

NDSU vs KANSAS in front of 24,000 at the Fargodome!!

DORMIE
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
It would be neat to go to Butler in Indianapolis. They play in the arena where they filmed the final game in Hoosiers.

sambini
03-24-2008, 10:39 PM
It would be neat to go to Butler in Indianapolis. They play in the arena where they filmed the final game in Hoosiers.
I'm for that++++++++++++++

Jdubs21
03-25-2008, 03:01 AM
i second that

TheBisonator
03-25-2008, 06:03 AM

Try half that, son.

IndyBison
03-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Not only did they film it there but that was where the actual game the movie was based on was played in the early 1950s! It's a great old arena. The first NDSU Division I event I saw was a volleyball match about 3 years ago. The women lost big and there were like 50 people in the stands. It was neat to have the run of Hinkle Fieldhouse though.

Greenie
03-25-2008, 09:00 PM

I still don't know why NDSU can't get a BIG BIG BIG TIME team to have 1 game at the fargodome!!!

Big-time programs generally don't like to give up any home games in their non-conference schedule (especially if it isn't going to help their RPI -- NDSU is still way too low). The big schools make too much money for home games. This is exactly the reason why the Tennessee women's team decided not to play in Fargo a couple years ago.

NDSUstudent
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Here is the 2008-2009 Conference schedule....

12/4-ORU
12/6-Cent
12/31-@IPFW
1/2-@Oakland
1/8-IUPUI
1/10-WIU
1/15-@SUU
1/17-@UMKC
1/24-@SDSU
1/29-Oakland
1/31-IPFW
2/5-@WIU
2/7-@IUPUI
2/12-UMKC
2/14-SUU
2/19-SDSU(I'd imagine this date could change depending on if we can get a bracketbuster game)
2/26-@Cent
2/28-@ORU

Summit League Tourney March 8-10 Sioux Falls

roadwarrior
03-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Talk about some fun: new years eve in fort wayne!

lakesbison
03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
cricket noise.....

cricket noise.....

2/19-SDSU(I'd imagine this date could change depending on if we can get a bracketbuster game)

The only bracket SDSU could bust in basketball is the "charmain toilet bowl tournament"

lakesbison
03-28-2008, 07:01 PM
SAUL ON RADIO

Playing AT Minnesota (presuming its going to be at Metrodome to help setup for the NCAA regionals.. a trial run so to speak)

Playing at DRAKE invitational as well.

Elephants Dream?
03-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Talk about some fun: new years eve in fort wayne!

It won't be so bad. I'll buy you a longneck after the game.
Then we'll go to the hospital and check in for clinical depression!:banghead:

TheBisonator
03-28-2008, 09:56 PM
SAUL ON RADIO

Playing AT Minnesota (presuming its going to be at Metrodome to help setup for the NCAA regionals.. a trial run so to speak)

Playing at DRAKE invitational as well.

Ruh-roh... UND is playing at the Drake Invitational too...

(duck and cover)

wilson
03-28-2008, 10:07 PM

(duck and cover)

WHEEEE!!!!

tjbison
03-29-2008, 01:28 AM

(duck and cover)

OMG!! the sky is falling!:p

bincitysioux
03-29-2008, 01:38 PM

(duck and cover)

I heard that too. Drake normally hosts two tournaments in the fall, however, so they might each be playing in different ones.

Bisonguy
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM

(duck and cover)

Probably be like the tourney/invite NDSU was at their first year of transition. Once the other schools find out they are not an RPI counter, they'll be removed.

bisonhusker
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
If we end up playing UND in a deal like that, we will run up the score on them. Nobody on their team can check ANY of our big three. it would be amazing. Almost fun if you think about it.

Jdubs21
03-29-2008, 06:10 PM
haha yea way to much fun

TheBisonator
03-29-2008, 10:49 PM
If we end up playing UND in a deal like that, we will run up the score on them. Nobody on their team can check ANY of our big three. it would be amazing. Almost fun if you think about it.

No doubt, we would chew them up and spit them out. They'd look like middle schoolers against us.

filbert
03-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Bracketbuster Saturday is accounted for in the Summit League future schedules.

The SDSU game is a Thursday game, that Saturday Feb. 21 is listed as OPEN for all Summit League teams to allow for Bracketbuster games.

Here is the 2008-2009 Conference schedule....

12/4-ORU
12/6-Cent
12/31-@IPFW
1/2-@Oakland
1/8-IUPUI
1/10-WIU
1/15-@SUU
1/17-@UMKC
1/24-@SDSU
1/29-Oakland
1/31-IPFW
2/5-@WIU
2/7-@IUPUI
2/12-UMKC
2/14-SUU
2/26-@Cent
2/28-@ORU

Summit League Tourney March 8-10 Sioux Falls

NDSUstudent
03-30-2008, 04:20 AM

The SDSU game is a Thursday game, that Saturday Feb. 21 is listed as OPEN for all Summit League teams to allow for Bracketbuster games.

If there is no bracketbuster for either team I bet that game gets moved to Friday.

tjbison
03-30-2008, 02:29 PM
I want to see an opponent from a major conference at home. (Missouri? Nebraska? Colorado with Dufault there Iowa St.?) or someone such as Montana, N. Iowa, Creighton, Wyoming, or Utah.

Put UND on the schedule because money is more important than politics. And I dont want to see a Mayville, Bemidji, or NC Central on the schedule.

Yeah, we need to limit them, not bad playing 1 of those type teams in an exhibition game, but not on the regular schedule!

Golden Eagle
03-30-2008, 05:44 PM

ESPN/Bracketbuster seems reluctant to expand which is really too bad. The Summit needs it's teams to pick up as many strong wins as it can. Ever wonder why Oakland or IUPUI don't get a Bracketbuster game?

A couple years ago they both declined because they thought it would put a strain in the middle of the conference season and ORU was the only team to accept. Since then they haven't gotten a date. I hope NDSU can get into the mix. We need Summit League teams getting return dates at the very least.

TheBisonator
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
ESPN/Bracketbuster seems reluctant to expand which is really too bad. The Summit needs it's teams to pick up as many strong wins as it can. Ever wonder why Oakland or IUPUI don't get a Bracketbuster game?

A couple years ago they both declined because they thought it would put a strain in the middle of the conference season and ORU was the only team to accept. Since then they haven't gotten a date. I hope NDSU can get into the mix. We need Summit League teams getting return dates at the very least.

NDSU would accept a Bracketbuster offer in a New York Minute. Our mens hoops team has never played on ESPN, and this would give us a chance to.

Herd
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
If NDSU and UND are both at Drake, all we have to worry about is winning the 1st round game, then its about 100% that we would not be playing UND. Assuming we don't have a 1st round matchup.

ndsubison1
04-02-2008, 06:15 AM
If NDSU and UND are both at Drake, all we have to worry about is winning the 1st round game, then its about 100% that we would not be playing UND. Assuming we don't have a 1st round matchup.

If they play in the 1st round I will go

Herd
04-02-2008, 07:29 AM
You and MPLSBison. Please punch him in the nose for me.

ndsubison1
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
You and MPLSBison. Please punch him in the nose for me.

haha. trust me i wont be anywhere near him...

Bisonguy
05-01-2008, 03:27 AM
WDAY tonight reports NDSU adds a saturday at USC in late December- agreement made, but the contract has not been signed yet.

Trim
05-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Yes! :nod:

Bisonguy
05-01-2008, 03:28 AM
That's the USC Trojans, not the USC in the Carolinas.

RedRiver
05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I believe that USC was a sixth seed in the most recent NCAA tournament.

bisonhusker
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
I think we are praying OJ Mayo turns pro. I actually think he already did. Dude is a FREAK. That would be fun to watch us play against him. Regardless, they are a great team.

aces1180
05-01-2008, 03:38 PM
I think we are praying OJ Mayo turns pro. I actually think he already did. Dude is a FREAK. That would be fun to watch us play against him. Regardless, they are a great team.

But shitty rapper Master P's kid, Romeo, will be playing for the Trojans next year....

http://www.myfishtank.net/lil-romeo-is-playing-basketball-for-usc-trojans/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_%28rapper%29

bison_05
05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
i wouldn't worry about mayo. we will have to worry about Demar DeRozan this kid is an absolute freak on the court.

lakesbison
05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
DEMAR IS A STAR!!

and Master PPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA 's kid is the bomb too.

"goin back to cali..... cali.... no I dont think so"

aces1180
05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
DEMAR IS A STAR!!

and Master PPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA 's kid is the bomb too.

Wrong artist man..."Goin back to Cali" is LL Cool J...Master P wants to hear you say "ugh!"

Actually, I heard the only reason Romeo got a scholarship to USC is because he is friends with Mayo...I really don't think he will see the court too much, because the Trojans have a lot of talent. Should be a good game for the Herd.

SDbison
05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Wrong artist man..."Goin back to Cali" is LL Cool J...Master P wants to hear you say "ugh!"

Actually, I heard the only reason Romeo got a scholarship to USC is because he is friends with Mayo...I really don't think he will see the court too much, because the Trojans have a lot of talent. Should be a good game for the Herd.
Glad to see rapper's referred to as artist's rather than musicians. No musical talent there, just a lot of verbal abuse layered over some scratchy sounds and set to a beat. Oh yeah, a six year old can be considered an artist so that doesn't say much for the quality of the end product.
Back to topic........great to hear NDSU will play USC in men's basketball.

TheBisonator
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Do you think the USC game will be on TV somewhere??

56BISON73
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Glad to see rapper's referred to as artist's rather than musicians. No musical talent there, just a lot of verbal abuse layered over some scratchy sounds and set to a beat. Oh yeah, a six year old can be considered an artist so that doesn't say much for the quality of the end product.
Back to topic........great to hear NDSU will play USC in men's basketball.

Agree--I have a hard time with them being referred to as artist.
PL

SirHinn
05-01-2008, 09:39 PM

You are correct! Romeo will most likely redshirt and if he's lucky, he'll play in maybe 3 years. They definately have lots of Point Guard depth coming in, so don't look to see him soon. It will be interesting to see how NDSU matches up against USC. I also wouldn't be too shocked if NDSU beats USC.

bisongirl
05-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Nothing really new here but here is what the forum had to say this afternoon:

North Dakota State men's basketball coach Saul Phillips has confirmed reports that his Bison will play at the University of Southern California next season.

"I will not deny the rumors at this point," Phillips said Thurday. "The reports are certainly not off base."

Phillips said it will be a single-game guarantee to be played sometime in December.

lakesbison
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Dammit ACES...-

I was just REFERRING TO GOING TO USC and CALI...

OF COURSE I KNOW PEA sang.. "UGH...."

TheBisonator
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
We need to sign a couple more 2-fer-1's with some Power Six conference schools. How about some lesser major programs, like Northwestern, Iowa State, Oregon State, Baylor, Penn State, Mississippi State, etc.???

ndsubison1
05-02-2008, 04:23 AM

You're both wrong it is actually Biggie Smalls

lakesbison
05-02-2008, 04:03 PM
CALI is by LL COOL J... PERIOD

Biggie Smalls signs. .Mo money Mo Problems.

Tatanka
05-02-2008, 04:36 PM
The fact that this is even an argument is disturbing, yet strangely comforting... :D

Bisonguy
05-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Going back to Cali is definitely LL. The only reason I know this is because it's on the Less Than Zero soundtrack (purchased because there's a rare Slayer cover on it).

WYOBISONMAN
05-02-2008, 05:44 PM
The USC game is a GREAT addition to the schedule! I may try and make that one. December would be a nice time to exit WYO and go to LA!

SamsRams
05-02-2008, 10:05 PM
CALI is by LL COOL J... PERIOD

Biggie Smalls signs. .Mo money Mo Problems.

You are right, but I know you know that. The confusion is Biggie did a sort of remake on Going Back to Cali and most of the kids born in the 80's only know that version.

From LL's 1989 Walking with a Panther

I'm going back to Cali, rising, surprising
Advising realizing, she's sizing me up
Her bikini - small; heels - tall
She said, she liked, the ocean
She showed me a beach, gave me a peach
and pulled out the suntan lotion
Now I thought that was fast, but this girl was faster
She's lookin for a real good time
I said, "Close your eyes, I got a surprise,"
and I ran away with the bottle of wine

I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali
I'm going back to Cali.. I don't think so
I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali
I'm going back to Cali.. I don't think so

From Biggies 1997 Life after Death

If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East
I live out there, so don't go there
But that don't mean a nigga can't rest in the West
See some nice breasts in the West
Smoke some nice sess in the West, y'all niggaz is a mess
Thinkin I'm gon stop, givin L.A. props
All I got is beef with those that violate me
I shall annihilate thee
Case closed, suitcase filled with clothes
Linens and things, I begin things
People start to flash, 818's, 213's
313's, B.I.G.
Frequently floss hoes at Roscoe's
If I wanna squirt her, take her to Fatburger
Spend about a week on Venice Beach
Sippin Crist-o, with some freaks from Frisco

I'm Going, Going
Back Back, To Cali, Cali

Either way, I am goona do everything in my power to be at that USC game!!

NDSUstudent
05-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Ok, lets get this thread back on topic....

Schedule outline from the Fargo Forum.....

non-DI
non-DI
@DI road game
@Minnesota
Home and Home with Mid Major
@USC
@Drake Dec. 12-13

ndsubison1
05-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Ok, lets get this thread back on topic....

Schedule outline from the Fargo Forum.....

non-DI
non-DI
@DI road game
@Minnesota
Home and Home with Mid Major
@USC
@Drake Dec. 12-13

I wonder who the mid-major will be

lakesbison
06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
are we ANY closer on adding a big name to our schedule besides USC and Minnesota?

help us out people.

westriver bison
06-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I know a guy who knows the third cousin twice removed of the sister in law of the younger brother of one of the janitors at one of the girls dorms at Duke. He hasn't heard anything.

56BISON73
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
are we ANY closer on adding a big name to our schedule besides USC and Minnesota?

help us out people.

OH MY GOD---you dont know???????:D PL

99Bison
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Isn't there only 1 or 2 spots left to fill? Both being home games against weaker competition was the presumption?

lakesbison
06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Yea.. but I'd like to see at least 1 more big game... I mean.. SHEESH..

RPI needs to be UP UP UP!!

imabison
06-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Yea.. but I'd like to see at least 1 more big game... I mean.. SHEESH..

RPI needs to be UP UP UP!!
Come on Lakesbison aren't you the NDSU scheduling consultant.

WDAY said that Saul Phillips stated they expect to finish the schedule by mid June.

roadwarrior
06-10-2008, 04:06 AM
Saul said tonight at Hawley there will be an annoucement some time this month. He gave no hints.

99Bison
06-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Saul said tonight at Hawley there will be an annoucement some time this month. He gave no hints.

Other than it would be some more great exposure. My guess is another tourney against good competition.

On a side note, the softball coach DM, said they are looking to schedule top nation teams next year also.

sambini
06-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Have patience Saul WILL GET IT DONE+++

aces1180
06-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Other than it would be some more great exposure. My guess is another tourney against good competition.

On a side note, the softball coach DM, said they are looking to schedule top nation teams next year also.

DM is the man.

lakesbison
06-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Saul dropped another Announcement about an Announcement for a big time game for the 2008 season!!

im putting my money on a MVC team at home, (So. Illinois or Creigthon or Wichita St.)

Tatanka
06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
My money's on Bison men v. LakesBison at the Metrodome, with all teams from the Summit, the big 10 and the big 12 in the stands watching courtside. Opening line: LakesBison -25.5 O/U 141

lakesbison
06-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I want Coco Cofield on my team!!!

sambini
06-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Saul dropped another Announcement about an Announcement for a big time game for the 2008 season!!

im putting my money on a MVC team at home, (So. Illinois or Creigthon or Wichita St.)
Arizona Wildcats Fargodome.... Lute Olson comes back to his homestate?

westriver bison
06-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Arizona Wildcats Fargodome.... Lute Olson comes back to his homestate..

That would be sweet. I hope you're not pulling a Lakes on us.

sambini
06-14-2008, 12:55 PM
That would be sweet. I hope you're not pulling a Lakes on us. West River I'm not trying to pull a Lakes. I'm just guessing. Have some fun with this. Since it is so boring on here right now. Who do you guys think it will be Wisconsin,Florida, or Marquette?

Trim
06-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Arizona Wildcats Fargodome.... Lute Olson comes back to his homestate?

That is a sweet fantasy. That would be real cool.

MN_BISON
06-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Just a shot in the dark, I'll say Iowa. Former NDSU football player is the AD at Iowa.

Da Bison
06-14-2008, 03:48 PM
That is a sweet fantasy. That would be real cool.

My wifes cousin is married to Lute's daughter (really).

So with this inside info I can tell you ...................

Nothing yet.

56BISON73
06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
HMmmmmmm
Lute was also the coach at Iowa. He owned a bar there called the Wig and Pen. A fraternity brother of mine now owns that bar. HMmmmmm:D
PL

TheBisonator
06-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Perhaps a home-home with Wyoming??

SlickVic
06-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Perhaps a home-home with Wyoming??

i would hope itd be a lot bigger than a home-home with whyoming didnt even know they had a team

lakesbison
06-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Wyoming has basketball?? whoa.. newsflash.

MN_BISON
06-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Wyoming has basketball?? whoa.. newsflash.

Am I the only person on this board that remembers Fennis Dembo? NBA bust, but he had a hell of a run in the NCAA's. Love that name.

http://www.sixthmanclub.org/pictures/traditionspics/fenniscover.jpg

Greenie
06-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I remember Fennis Dembo and their sweet 16 run -- he was drafted by the Pistons and won a NBA championship.

SlickVic
06-17-2008, 04:31 PM
ya i think my dad said something about dennis fembo once is he the fool when they interviewed him once on national tv he said "id like to thank my mom and all of my dads?" hahaha i may be wrong but i doubt it

d3boys
06-17-2008, 07:29 PM
i would hope itd be a lot bigger than a home-home with whyoming didnt even know they had a team

fennis dembo

d3boys
06-17-2008, 07:30 PM
sorry a little late

79FCourt
06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Coach Miles got his only conference win against Wyo this year.

sambini
06-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Am I the only person on this board that remembers Fennis Dembo? NBA bust, but he had a hell of a run in the NCAA's. Love that name.

http://www.sixthmanclub.org/pictures/traditionspics/fenniscover.jpg As a longtime subscriber to SI. I remember this.

Bison101
06-19-2008, 02:19 AM
NDSU vs. Wisconsin in the dome

That would bring the crowds

lakesbison
06-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Wisc wont play us.. they learned their lesson.

25,000 in that dome if we played them on a thurs/fri/sat night!

imabison
06-19-2008, 05:28 PM

I really doubt they would ever try to do a basketball game in the full dome configuration. There would be to many people to far from the floor.

Therefore max somewhere around 12,000 or whatever the magic number is.

TheBisonator
06-20-2008, 02:18 AM

Whatever you're popping lakes, you shouldn't be taking multiple hits of that stuff...

Trim
06-21-2008, 04:35 AM
What, no bracket buster talk as reported on the news tonight?

TheBisonator
06-21-2008, 08:08 PM
What, no bracket buster talk as reported on the news tonight?

What's this now?? TELL ME!!!:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

imabison
06-21-2008, 08:32 PM
What's this now?? TELL ME!!!:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:
WDAY said last night on the sports that NDSU may be being considered for this years ESPN bracket buster tourney. Last year ORU represented the Summit League. If you play on the road this year, the other team will play you at home in 2009.

There is no guarantee the game would be televised. Last year there were 100 teams that participated.

Saul Phillips would not comment, and WDAY said ESPN would make more information available in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

onbison09
06-21-2008, 11:04 PM
WDAY said last night on the sports that NDSU may be being considered for this years ESPN bracket buster tourney. Last year ORU represented the Summit League. If you play on the road this year, the other team will play you at home in 2009.

There is no guarantee the game would be televised. Last year there were 100 teams that participated.

Saul Phillips would not comment, and WDAY said ESPN would make more information available in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
That would be awesome!!!

ndsubison1
06-22-2008, 08:11 PM

nice... let's do it!

BeckerBison
06-23-2008, 01:50 AM

This would be great for NDSU! I always knew about the televised bracket buster games on espn in the past but I never realized that so many teams participated. Check out the 100 teams that were involved this year.

http://www.oreillyespnubracketbusters.com/teams.html

TheDoctor
06-28-2008, 05:28 PM

Road Trip?????????????????????????????????? ;)

sambini
06-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Road Trip?????????????????????????????????? ;)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

mdk23
07-01-2008, 02:29 AM
When is the full schedule released? And does anyone know a date on the USC game?

boilerfan
07-10-2008, 04:10 AM
You guys should try to schedule Purdue. We seem to always make at least 1 visit to a mid-major school like NDSU. And hey, in the 07-08 season we lost in mackey arena to wofford. And I think NDSU is much better than wofford, so who knows....

NDSUstudent
07-10-2008, 04:22 AM
You guys should try to schedule Purdue. We seem to always make at least 1 visit to a mid-major school like NDSU. And hey, in the 07-08 season we lost in mackey arena to wofford. And I think NDSU is much better than wofford, so who knows....

I'd be all for it, great competition and a guaranteed tv game.

ndsubison1
07-10-2008, 06:56 AM

Let's do it!

Trim
07-18-2008, 02:27 AM
When is the full schedule released? And does anyone know a date on the USC game?

I got my form to renew season tickets in the mail today. There was a home schedule only with it. I was somewhat surprised to see Northern Arizona on it, I hadn't heard about that or had forgot if I did.

imabison
07-18-2008, 04:37 AM
I got my form to renew season tickets in the mail today. There was a home schedule only with it. I was somewhat surprised to see Northern Arizona on it, I hadn't heard about that or had forgot if I did.
Tenative schedule, and subject to change. Men and Womens possible 15 home games each.

TheBisonator
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM

What OOC teams were listed on the home schedule besides Northern Arizona?? Tell us!!!

TheBisonator
07-18-2008, 10:52 PM
This lack of a schedule release is really starting to get on my nerves. Being the latter half of July now is the equivalent to if it was early May and the football schedule still wasn't released. I just hope they can finish this thing!!

tcbison
07-18-2008, 11:41 PM
This lack of a schedule release is really starting to get on my nerves. Being the latter half of July now is the equivalent to if it was early May and the football schedule still wasn't released. I just hope they can finish this thing!!

They won't be able to finish the schedule and it is going to drive you nuts. Have a great weekend!

56BISON73
07-19-2008, 12:56 AM

Take your meds. PL

SlickVic
07-19-2008, 03:45 AM

take your meds

Trim
07-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Home schedule from mailing:

11/03 U of Mary (EXH)
11/06 MSU-Moorhead (EXH)
11/18 Mayville State
11/25 Northern Arizona
12/04 Oral Roberts
12/06 Centenary
12/18 Valley City State
1/08 IUPUI
1/10 Western Illinois
1/20 Utah Valley State
1/29 Oakland
1/31 IPFW
2/12 UMKC
2/14 Southern Utah
2/17 SDSU

Didn't see Utah Valley State the first time I looked at it. I guess they're OK to have here. Mayville State and VCSU are a disappointment, but expected.

TheDoctor
07-19-2008, 07:07 PM
take your meds

:rofl: Slick! :rofl:

Bisonguy
07-19-2008, 08:23 PM
take your meds

ROFLMAO-

It would be nice if the schedule is released soon, however.
I'm getting all the schedules into my calendar- some of the weekends are gonna be sick- Friday Sept. 5th - cross country and a 7:00 VB game, Saturday, Sept. 6th- 10:00 AM VB, 1:00 PM tailgating, 4:00 PM VB, 6:00 PM football game!!!!

56BISON73
07-19-2008, 08:34 PM
take your meds

Copy cat.:D PL

TheDoctor
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
ROFLMAO-

It would be nice if the schedule is released soon, however.
I'm getting all the schedules into my calendar- some of the weekends are gonna be sick- Friday Sept. 5th - cross country and a 7:00 VB game, Saturday, Sept. 6th- 10:00 AM VB, 1:00 PM tailgating, 4:00 PM VB, 6:00 PM football game!!!!

I couldn't agree more...except you may be alone at the cross country meet BG! ;)

Bisonguy
07-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I'll probably only be there for the CC finish....

TheDoctor
07-20-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll probably only be there for the CC finish....

On a side note, BG and Bisonville, will be breaking the 10,000 post mark here in the next 4 posts. Congrats buddy! ;)

ndsubison1
07-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Can they just announce the schedule this is getting ridiculous, the agony is killing me

NDSUstudent
07-31-2008, 09:17 PM
I found this on Drake's board...

Dec 12&13 Drake tourney (other teams are NDSU, Georgia Southern, Stephen F Austin)

NDSUstudent
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Here an update of the schedule.....

11/03 U of Mary (EXH)
11/06 MSU-Moorhead (EXH)
11/18 Mayville State
11/25 Northern Arizona
12/04 Oral Roberts
12/06 Centenary
12/12-13 @Drake tourney (Drake, Georgia Southern, and Stephen F Austin)
12/18 Valley City State
12/31 @IPFW
1/2 @Oakland
1/08 IUPUI
1/10 Western Illinois
1/15 @SUU
1/17 @UMKC
1/24 @SDSU
1/20 Utah Valley State
1/29 Oakland
1/31 IPFW
2/5 @WIU
2/7 @IUPUI
2/12 UMKC
2/14 Southern Utah
2/17 SDSU
2/26 @Cent
2/28 @ORU

Not listed...@USC, @Minnesota, Bracketbuster

tjbison
08-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Here an update of the schedule.....

11/03 U of Mary (EXH)
11/06 MSU-Moorhead (EXH)
11/18 Mayville State11/25 Northern Arizona
12/04 Oral Roberts
12/06 Centenary
12/12-13 @Drake tourney (Drake, Georgia Southern, and Stephen F Austin)
12/18 Valley City State
12/31 @IPFW
1/2 @Oakland
1/08 IUPUI
1/10 Western Illinois
1/15 @SUU
1/17 @UMKC
1/24 @SDSU
1/20 Utah Valley State
1/29 Oakland
1/31 IPFW
2/5 @WIU
2/7 @IUPUI
2/12 UMKC
2/14 Southern Utah
2/17 SDSU
2/26 @Cent
2/28 @ORU

Not listed...@USC, @Minnesota, Bracketbuster

these need to stop!!! so far no word on a big name home game this year?

TheBisonator
08-02-2008, 06:40 AM

I agree. This OOC home schedule sickens me.

NDSUstudent
08-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I agree. This OOC home schedule sickens me.

I agree, even though from an RPI perspective it is much better then our home OOC schedule last year. Hopefully next year Saul can drop the non-DI games to at the most just one.

I know finding home games when your a mid-major is tough but I'm sure there are two new local DI schools that would do a 2 for or a 3 for 2 in a second if offered the chance.

klomp44
08-05-2008, 03:40 AM

The exhibition games mean nothing. It doesn't really matter so why complain. The Gophers still play NSIC teams each year. Plus, I'm sure the Moorhead cross-river battle will always be played.

Greenie
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Playing Non-D1 is perfect for exhibition, but regular season games --> YUCK! It's hard for players and fans to get excited about these.

I would rather see NDSU get into a away-home contract with another mid-major...play the away game first if you have to. Those Non-D1 regular season games do nothing except sell a few more home tickets.

heckler
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Maryville and Valley City? :paperbag:

mdk23
08-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Mayville... Yeah, not so hot, but Valley City should be better this year than some of the DI games we could have scheduled. (Cough Cough) ...und...

WYOBISONMAN
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Hell.....get a home and home with the Griz......it isn't football, but it would generate interest.

TheDoctor
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Hell.....get a home and home with the Griz......it isn't football, but it would generate interest.

I believe SDSU did that last year. Weren't they playing the Griz in bball the afternoon of our football game with them? ;)

missingnumber7
08-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Or how about even getting some of our football conference teams in a bball game. UNI, Illinois St, SIU would all be huge additions to our schedule as it stands right now. Use the connections we already have in the missouri valley to get more games.

ndsubison1
08-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Southern Illinois would be a terrific game for bball

SiouxFallsJack
08-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I believe SDSU did that last year. Weren't they playing the Griz in bball the afternoon of our football game with them? ;)

Yes we did and I think our OOC home schedule is worse than yours.

tjbison
08-10-2008, 10:14 PM
The exhibition games mean nothing. It doesn't really matter so why complain. The Gophers still play NSIC teams each year. Plus, I'm sure the Moorhead cross-river battle will always be played.

2 of the 4 games I commented on ARE REGULAR SEASON GAMES, SO IT DOES MATTER!! exhibition fine, but regular season games with DII, DIII, NAIA or any other should not be on our schedule!

sambini
08-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Any one going to the USC GAME?

tjbison
08-11-2008, 01:18 AM

Southern Cali in the winter, doesn't sound appealing to me:D

roadwarrior
08-11-2008, 01:41 AM

Depends on whether we are in Chattanooga! It is the same weekend.

onbison09
08-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Depends on whether we are in Chattanooga! It is the same weekend.
That could turn out to be a pretty decent weekend. :D

SamsRams
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM

I will be roadtriping from Vegas........but am i missing something, I still dont see it on schedule. what is the day??

TheBisonator
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't think I want to stomach going to the Mayville or Valley City games, just because they are regular season games. I will be there for the exhibitions against Moorhead and Mary, though.

roadwarrior
08-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I believe the USC game is on Dec 20th.

SamsRams
08-12-2008, 04:06 AM

thanks!!!!

WildBill
08-19-2008, 02:32 AM

Think about it. What incentive does a team like Kansas have for coming to the fargodome?

WYOBISONMAN
08-19-2008, 04:39 AM
Jesus Lakes......lay off that stuff.....you are gonna hurt yourself.....it is some bad shit!!

TheBisonator
08-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Wow... 8 weeks until the Late Show and still no schedule out. Damn...

ndsubison1
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Are we going to have a team this year or what?

roadwarrior
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
The schedule is being held up until the Summit League announces which team or teams are going to participate in the Bracker Buster.

Mr. Burgundy
08-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I think you will enjoy that announcement.....

tcbison
08-19-2008, 01:19 PM

Cool...very cool! :nod: :D

TheDoctor
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM

ESPN here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Herd
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Think about it. What incentive does a team like Kansas have for coming to the fargodome?

If the payout was decent $50+ with a crowd of 13,000 or so and they played a team with a RPI of 100 or less, the incentive wouldn't be too bad, especially as a 2:1. They might not want to go on the road into a non-high major hostile environment however.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

TheDoctor
08-19-2008, 11:05 PM
If the payout was decent $50+ with a crowd of 13,000 or so and they played a team with a RPI of 100 or less, the incentive wouldn't be too bad, especially as a 2:1. They might not want to go on the road into a non-high major hostile environment however.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

When we establish some credibility we can do this. I remember Duke did a 2 for 1 with Valpo a few years back. I was at one of the games at Cameron. After the beat down, some of the Valpo players had a group picture taken with JJ Redick. :rofl: True story! ;)

VegasBison
08-20-2008, 04:50 AM

It's official on the USC site: http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/081908aaa.html

Dec. 20 Saturday North Dakota State Galen Center TBA

TheBisonator
08-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Seven weeks until The Late Show and STILL no schedule posted.

Now this is funny.

roadwarrior
08-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Seven weeks until The Late Show and STILL no schedule posted.

They know you need something to worry about.

ndsubison1
08-30-2008, 08:07 AM
This thread has more questions than a jeapordy game

fargocyclone
08-30-2008, 05:22 PM
This thread has more questions than a jeapordy game

Or would they then be answers? :confused: :)

Herd
08-31-2008, 05:18 AM
Half of DI has not posted basketball schedules, relax man! It will get done, there's only a couple spots to fill, most likely our guys are waiting for some answers from other schools.

99Bison
08-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Half of DI has not posted basketball schedules, relax man! It will get done, there's only a couple spots to fill, most likely our guys are waiting for some answers from other schools.

Indeed, actually just waiting for one annoucement... and it's not a specific school holding it up. :D

ndsubison1
08-31-2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I guess, I am just so excited and eager to see the schedule... just the potential of NDSU being on an ESPN network for a bracket buster game... the suspense is killing me...

NDSU1980
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Here's the 08-09 schedule:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=213664&section=breaking%20news

Bison bison
09-04-2008, 06:59 PM
nice to see at saturday game versus the gophs.

imabison
09-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Here's the 08-09 schedule:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=213664&section=breaking%20news
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=697&SPSID=11900

Here is the actual link to the schedule. They are entering its so might have to wait for it to be complete. Was only thru Nov, now its thru Feb.

tcbison
09-04-2008, 07:15 PM
nice to see at saturday game versus the gophs.

Could that be the same day as a Bison playoff football game? I know the last regular season game is Nov. 22nd.

Blue
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Got this in an email brief:

ELMHURST, Ill. - The North Dakota State and South Dakota State men’s basketball teams have been selected to represent The Summit League in the seventh annual ESPNU BracketBusters series, which will be televised by ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN360 on Friday, Feb. 20 and Saturday, Feb. 21. Both the Bison and Jackrabbits will serve as an away team.

fargocyclone
09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
NDSU is in Des Moines the weekend before finals!! I can go to those two games!!

roadwarrior
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
What sucks is that Minnesota, USC, and the Drake tournament could all fall on football weekends.

TheBisonator
09-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Love the BracketBuster, hate the Mayville and Valley City State.

TAILG8R
09-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Got this in an email brief:

ELMHURST, Ill. - The North Dakota State and South Dakota State men’s basketball teams have been selected to represent The Summit League in the seventh annual ESPNU BracketBusters series, which will be televised by ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN360 on Friday, Feb. 20 and Saturday, Feb. 21. Both the Bison and Jackrabbits will serve as an away team.

How does SDSU fit into this?

"O’Reilly ESPNU BracketBusters event, a two-day men’s college basketball extravaganza pitting potential NCAA Tournament hopefuls against each other."

fargocyclone
09-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Here's a linky (http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&ATCLID=1574974)

TAILG8R
09-05-2008, 02:19 AM
"South Dakota State returns four starters and 10 letterwinners from its squad that finished 8-21 last season and 3-15 in the league."

How are they considered NCAA Tournament hopefuls. I would like to date Megan Fox but I don't think I can be considered a hopeful in the race to become the next 'Mr Fox' ;)

TheDoctor
09-05-2008, 03:10 AM
"South Dakota State returns four starters and 10 letterwinners from its squad that finished 8-21 last season and 3-15 in the league."

How are they considered NCAA Tournament hopefuls. I would like to date Megan Fox but I don't think I can be considered a hopeful in the race to become the next 'Mr Fox' ;)

I love it! Post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Blue
09-05-2008, 05:08 AM
SDSU with the sympathy vote? People sick of ORU fans bitching about getting no respect? Who knows. Their fans are really pi$$ed about the 2 new schools being selected. Oh well...someone must feel sorry for us Jacks fans :D

TheDoctor
09-05-2008, 05:14 AM
SDSU with the sympathy vote? People sick of ORU fans bitching about getting no respect? Who knows. Their fans are really pi$$ed about the 2 new schools being selected. Oh well...someone must feel sorry for us Jacks fans :D

OR, maybe ORU is pi$$ed you stole their tourney? I know for one I am glad you did! Look forward to meeting you in Sioux Falls (your my boy Blue)! ;)

Blue
09-05-2008, 05:36 AM
ORU is like my mom or my girlfriend. They both bitch and moan about not having their needs and wants met. I'm sorry but most smart people ignore those who are always bitching. Besides, the Summit League wants to see life. Not life revolve around the moldy eagles. The league doesn't need to cater to ORU just because they are "good". The league needs to cater to what makes money and what brings peoples interest.:ranting: end rant

Greenie
09-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I guess I can't figure out why SDSU was picked. If they stink it up again this year, it won't say very good things about the Summit. I would much rather see Oakland in SDSU's spot.

NorCalJack
09-05-2008, 06:29 PM
I guess I can't figure out why SDSU was picked. If they stink it up again this year, it won't say very good things about the Summit. I would much rather see Oakland in SDSU's spot.

NDSU and SDSU both are open the weekend of Feb. 20 & 21st. All of the other Summit League teams play that weekend. If they pick another team other than NDSU or SDSU, they have to cancel the league game and reschedule the game. This would really cause a problem in the Summit League schedule. Having both NDSU and SDSU in the Bracketbuster is the most convenient for the league.

roadwarrior
09-05-2008, 06:40 PM
NDSU and SDSU both are open the weekend of Feb. 20 & 21st. All of the other Summit League teams play that weekend. If they pick another team other than NDSU or SDSU, they have to cancel the league game and reschedule the game. This would really cause a problem in the Summit League schedule. Having both NDSU and SDSU in the Bracketbuster is the most convenient for the league.

You are correct, NorCalJack. NDSU and SDSU were originally scheduled to play each other that weekend. That game was moved to another night.

klomp44
09-06-2008, 01:14 AM
SU at Davidson would be kind of fun to watch.

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2008, 02:15 AM
I just hope that SDSU doesn't make the top 8 in conf play so we can get their tickets for the conf tourney in THEIR STATE!!!! This is the year boys. NDSU has been loading up for this year. SDSU....well, they are "rebuilding."

SamsRams
09-06-2008, 04:34 AM
SU at Davidson would be kind of fun to watch.

I can't disagree with ya at all, of all the teams that would be the best to watch. Selfishly though, I would like to see @ San Diego. Just cause it would be a great excuse to get back to San Diego :nod: