PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay info

HerdBot
03-23-2008, 05:40 AM
I was reading about Austin Peay and they could end up being a pretty good team. They only graduated 9 players from a team that went 7-4 (lost 2 really close games) and will be returning 10 starters on defense and 8 on offense.

They averged about 6,000 fans per game at home. The largest road game was in front of 12,000 fans @Tennesee Tech and they won. They played on ESPN U too.

They are definately not scared of competition, opening up @NDSU and @Georgia Southern.

They should be better than Stephen F Austin, who actually lead at half time.

BlueBisonRock
03-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I was reading about Austin Peay and they could end up being a pretty good team. They only graduated 9 players from a team that went 7-4 (lost 2 really close games) and will be returning 10 starters on defense and 8 on offense.

They averged about 6,000 fans per game at home. The largest road game was in front of 12,000 fans @Tennesee Tech and they won. They played on ESPN U too.

They are definately not scared of competition, opening up @NDSU and @Georgia Southern.

They should be better than Stephen F Austin, who actually lead at half time.

Net: We better show them some respect?

Bisonguy
03-23-2008, 01:27 PM
They're from the OVC, so that put's them at a disadvantage right away.

An OVC team has not won a first-round playoff game since 1996.

tjbison
03-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I hope they put up a good fight, for the sake of the good reps for the new players, oh yeah and getting the fans interested!!

onbison09
03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't think we should take anyone lightly. (espcially since most teams will be giving us their best shots)

Bisonguy
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't think we should take anyone lightly. (espcially since most teams will be giving us their best shots)

Yeah, I don't think they should take any team lightly, but if they can't past teams like this, making the playoffs is not a reality.

Jdubs21
03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
yea we deff. cant take anyone lightly...i gaurantee you we will be a target team on everyones schedule because of our ranking

HerdBot
03-26-2008, 03:26 PM
yea we deff. cant take anyone lightly...i gaurantee you we will be a target team on everyones schedule because of our ranking

Exactly! We are now the hunted and not the hunters.