PDA

View Full Version : No Roehl Horn

HooliganBison
03-23-2008, 02:13 AM
I admit the first time I heard the horn last year for Tyler I thought it was neat. But after hearing numerous times in the same game it became gimicky. Maybe it was just me, Tyler is a great player but I don't think that we need to single him out unless we are going to do that for every RB.

99Bison
03-23-2008, 02:26 AM
I admit the first time I heard the horn last year for Tyler I thought it was neat. But after hearing numerous times in the same game it became gimicky. Maybe it was just me, Tyler is a great player but I don't think that we need to single him out unless we are going to do that for every RB.

Maybe only do it occasionally, after a particularly big roll over... So perhaps 3 times for the whole year?

UTH
03-23-2008, 03:11 AM

My vote is for never - calling it gimmicky is being nice and merciful. Hearing that horn just made me squirm and look around to see where the nearest exits were. Big plays should not need gimmicks to help the crowd celebrate. Leave it up to the crowd to be loud... at least until a Bison TD leads to fireworks.

No_Skill
03-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Agreed. I winced every time I heard that damn thing. :banghead:

Give it the axe!

lakesbison
03-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Blow That Dam Horn!!!

Hell Yea!~!!!!

SlickVic
03-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Maybe only do it occasionally, after a particularly big roll over... So perhaps 3 times for the whole year?

hope your being sarcastic...every time tyler the truck touches the ball theres a big roll over in favor of the bison...i say blow the horn everytime to go along with "the diesel on the carry"...best bison rb in history deserves his own horn

Tatanka
03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Meh.

Only way I'd keep it is if the band does it. Piped in sound effects is pretty weak IMHO.

heymch86
03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
i vote 'no' on the horn issue. too much like an NFL thing. did they have horns come on the PA system at notre dame when jerome bettis was running over people in south bend? doubtful

4mcruenomore
03-24-2008, 12:31 AM
I say get a REAL cannon or 2, the fireworks/fake cannon sucks IMO. The story about the Griz firing the Howitzer off after a score and breaking windows in the press box is f'n sweet. As far as the truck horn, ehhh, it's ok, kind of lame I think.

No_Skill
03-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Meh.

Only way I'd keep it is if the band does it. Piped in sound effects is pretty weak IMHO.

I like this idea. Keeps the college atmosphere and gives props to Tyler.

CaBisonFan
03-24-2008, 03:31 AM
Meh.

Being a band director, I agree with you. When you bring the band out, and when the cheerleaders are there...it's also their experience.

Taking their place with lots of gimmicks during the game would be comparable to showing NFL highlights on the big screen during the game. Team isn't good enough, so we'll show something to keep you awake.

Wrong message sent to the athletes, the band members, & the cheerleaders. :ranting:

Can it.

4mcruenomore
03-24-2008, 04:01 AM
GET A CANNON, U of M had a Howitzer for crying out loud, I love the band, but JCWTF.

Bison53
03-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I side with Slick & Lakes!

BigBison
03-28-2008, 11:19 PM
I say keep it, just use it less, maybe have the band do it, or get a real horn and not something being played over the PA.

Bison53
03-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Bullsh!t!! Every Time he make big
gain blow the horn!!!!!!!!!!

SlickVic
03-29-2008, 07:33 AM
th++++++++++++++++ right on brotha preachin the the choir the diesal on the carry HONK HONK!!!!!!!!!!!! +++++++++++++thth
Bullsh!t!! Every Time he make big
gain blow the horn!!!!!!!!!!

bisoner1011
03-29-2008, 08:51 AM
helps the oline as much as the rest of the offense, so keep blowing it as long as the rushing yards keep coming.

Bison101
03-29-2008, 09:26 PM

Agreed. I think it was distracting, and took people's focus off of the game.

IBleedYellow
03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Agreed. I think it was distracting, and took people's focus off of the game.

I heard it once, and laughed.

Then I noticed people around me wanted Tyler to get the ball just to hear the horn. I mean WTF? Can the damn thing.

lakesbison
03-30-2008, 11:51 PM
"""Then I noticed people around me wanted Tyler to get the ball just to hear the horn. I mean WTF? Can the damn thing."""

IF THE PEOPLE WANT TYLER TO GET THE BALL.. GET HIM THE BALL!!

SEE THE HORN WORKS LIKE PAVLOV'S BELL!!!

LETS DO THIS!!

HONKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

UTH
03-31-2008, 12:41 AM
"""Then I noticed people around me wanted Tyler to get the ball just to hear the horn. I mean WTF? Can the damn thing."""

IF THE PEOPLE WANT TYLER TO GET THE BALL.. GET HIM THE BALL!!

SEE THE HORN WORKS LIKE PAVLOV'S BELL!!!

LETS DO THIS!!

HONKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

Make sure that you bring that up next time you give Coach Bohl a Tuesday telephone call at Buffalo Wild Wings.http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/SmiliesThumbsupa.gif This would certainly end well...

NDSUFan_Sav
04-04-2008, 08:03 AM
MOMENTUM....HONK THAT THING!!!!!! I say just for TDs...motivates him to hear it more and more and get more TDs HONKKKKK HONKKKKKK

SlickVic
04-04-2008, 02:34 PM
the diesel on the carry...thats another bison first down!!!!! HONKKKKKKKK HONKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! hope he keeps doing the salute after tds to...my pay day just arrived from off shore gotta pay some parking tickets then im off to scheels to garb a #40 authentic HONKKKKKKKKK HONKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

runtheoption
04-04-2008, 02:56 PM
the diesel on the carry...thats another bison first down!!!!! HONKKKKKKKK HONKKKKKKKK!!!!!!! hope he keeps doing the salute after tds to...my pay day just arrived from off shore gotta pay some parking tickets then im off to scheels to garb a #40 authentic HONKKKKKKKKK HONKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

"Pay day just arrived from off shore?"

Did a Nigerian prince forced into exile in the Ukraine after his father was killed by rebels send you an email saying "you are trustworthy American person enough to forward $2 million US dollars to your banking account"?

Those guys are very persuasive.

TransAmBison
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
"Pay day just arrived from off shore?"

Did a Nigerian prince forced into exile in the Ukraine after his father was killed by rebels send you an email saying "you are trustworthy American person enough to forward $2 million US dollars to your banking account"?

Those guys are very persuasive.
You got contacted by him too? Funny, I thought I was the only one. He said I just had to float him 4k just for a month or so and then he'd pay me back and then some. I should be getting a deposit in my account any day now. He said it would just be easier if he had all my account info.

UTH
04-04-2008, 04:03 PM
You got contacted by him too? Funny, I thought I was the only one. He said I just had to float him 4k just for a month or so and then he'd pay me back and then some. I should be getting a deposit in my account any day now. He said it would just be easier if he had all my account info.

PLEASE tell me there's a tattoo involved... and that you have photographic evidence...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/baitedbyshiver.jpg

*my nigerian contacts are all hiding from their governments in the quaint little southern serbian town of niš...

TransAmBison
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
PLEASE tell me there's a tattoo involved... and that you have photographic evidence...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/baitedbyshiver.jpg

*my nigerian contacts are all hiding from their governments in the quaint little southern serbian town of niš...

Of course there is a tatoo. DaveK has one just like it. If he was still on Bisonville I'd ask him to post it. :D

1bizon1
04-05-2008, 02:03 PM
As long as it isn't blown every time Tyler carries the ball....best solution is to ask Tyler himself. When would he like hear the horn blown? Or not at all?