PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

TAILG8R
03-22-2008, 03:52 PM
NDSU starting outside volleyball hitter Kelly Lopez was fined $175 and ordered to perform 16 hours of community service after pleading guilty to a minor in possession charge in Fargo Municipal Court.

lakesbison
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
lots of that going around in fargo-moorhead., not a big deal.

NDSU1980
03-23-2008, 02:16 AM
One word describes why it never happened to 95% of the people posting on this board: LUCKY.

If I got charged with every illegal drink I had, hell, I'd still be doing community service 28 years later.

Bisonguy
03-23-2008, 03:10 AM
One word describes why it never happened to 95% of the people posting on this board: LUCKY.

If I got charged with every illegal drink I had, hell, I'd still be doing community service 28 years later.

count me in the unlucky 5%. :hide:

TAILG8R
03-24-2008, 06:51 PM

Of course that means you never had an illegal drink, correct?

Bison"FANatic"
03-24-2008, 07:51 PM

I guess I fall in the 5% also.

CarringtonBison
03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I guess I fall in the 5% also.

ditto.......

silkamilkamonico
03-24-2008, 08:40 PM
A lof of people drink illegally. But if your going to, you better not represent a college institution who's paying your way and get caught drinking illegally.

It's just as simple as that.

SlickVic
03-24-2008, 08:44 PM
count me in that 5 percent............8 times

DORMIE
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Nothing like a little Beer and Pizza. Ah for that College Life!!

Bisonguy
03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Of course that means you never had an illegal drink, correct?

Ummmmmm....................................:hide:

BisonAccountant44
03-25-2008, 01:37 AM

Me too :hide:. I think we might be over 5%

nationalchamp00
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Ah yes....I am in the lucky % but the girls basketball team showed up at a football game drunk and our coach put wastebaskets at the corners of the court and we ran until we litterally puked. Always said "I dont care if you drink, but DO NOT embarrass this University by doing it in public" I guess you are held to higher standards as a college athlete.

lakesbison
03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Amy wouldn't do that. :(

nationalchamp00
03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
It wasnt Amy....I went to Umary. It was Roger Haug.

onbison09
03-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Ah yes....I am in the lucky % but the girls basketball team showed up at a football game drunk and our coach put wastebaskets at the corners of the court and we ran until we litterally puked. Always said "I dont care if you drink, but DO NOT embarrass this University by doing it in public" I guess you are held to higher standards as a college athlete.
As it should be right? If they're paying for your education they don't want you going around drunk.

gobison1
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
As it should be right? If they're paying for your education they don't want you going around drunk.

Did this make you feel good to write this? What a careless comment. Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happend...I'm sure Kelly was stumbling around all of Fargo drunk. I think we need to start a new thread and find something else to talk about. College kids drink alcohol. Athletes drink alcohol. If you want to try and stop it...good luck. I think we all need to be greatful that she made a smart decision by NOT getting behind the wheel of a car.

Let's move on...please.

sambini
03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Did this make you feel good to write this? What a careless comment. Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what happend...I'm sure Kelly was stumbling around all of Fargo drunk. I think we need to start a new thread and find something else to talk about. College kids drink alcohol. Athletes drink alcohol. If you want to try and stop it...good luck. I think we all need to be greatful that she made a smart decision by NOT getting behind the wheel of a car.

Let's move on...please. She made a mistake. And lets move on.++++

mebisonII
03-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Let's move on...please.

onbison09 was referring to nationalchamp00's story about the girls BB team coming to a football game drunk. No one has said anything disparaging about Kelly and I think most people recognize it as a 'live and learn' lesson.

onbison09
03-28-2008, 02:00 AM
onbison09 was referring to nationalchamp00's story about the girls BB team coming to a football game drunk. No one has said anything disparaging about Kelly and I think most people recognize it as a 'live and learn' lesson.
Thanks. Jeepers :hide:

sambini
03-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Know when to say when...

bizongrad83
03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
This thread needs to be deleted. Not sure why it was started in the first place.

Bison"FANatic"
03-31-2008, 10:43 PM
I disagree, I think we have to take the good with the bad and this is a message board for discussion be it good for NDSU or bad for NDSU. Underage drinking is a very large problem. I watched it ruin a couple of people in college that had bright futures, The last time I saw the one guy he was checking me out at a gas station at 2 in the morning, no degree and can't hold a job. I drank in college but I did it most of the time in moderation and made sure it wasn't a problem. I did get caught though and received a minor in possession. Now a days they get a fine community service and alcohol classes. Heck I just paid a $50 fine and went on my way. So this is part of college life be it good or bad and is fair game for discussion in my opinion.

Bisonguy
04-01-2008, 12:56 AM
$50 fine?

I paid $250. Straight up cash homey.

TransAmBison
04-01-2008, 01:25 AM
I I drank in college but I did it most of the time in moderation
I'm sorry :(

gobison1
04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I disagree, I think we have to take the good with the bad and this is a message board for discussion be it good for NDSU or bad for NDSU. Underage drinking is a very large problem. I watched it ruin a couple of people in college that had bright futures, The last time I saw the one guy he was checking me out at a gas station at 2 in the morning, no degree and can't hold a job. I drank in college but I did it most of the time in moderation and made sure it wasn't a problem. I did get caught though and received a minor in possession. Now a days they get a fine community service and alcohol classes. Heck I just paid a $50 fine and went on my way. So this is part of college life be it good or bad and is fair game for discussion in my opinion.

I think any efforts put into this problem need to be focussed on making sure people don't drink and DRIVE. Trying to stop minors from drinking in college is like trying to control the obesity problem in America. Good luck and happy buffets everyone!