PDA

View Full Version : 2008 is OPERATION:19,000

TheBisonator
03-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey all. I thought that since our schedule is complete, I could get a jump start on creating this season's Official Bisonville Sponsor for our Bison Football sellout promotion. I call it "OPERATION:19,000."

It took me a while to fiddle around with Photoshop and create a nice picture to use as a base for promo pics for each home game this year. You no longer have to add the week and opponent to your sig line, I've already done this for you!! So yes, I took the time to do pics for each home game. I am REALLY hoping that we can use these pics for this year's equivalent of last year's "Sell This Motha Out", just because I figured the first one to do something like this gets first dibs. I plan on having the base pic in my sig line on Bisonville and AGS all through summer and till the end of the season. When need be, I will add additional pics for 2008 home playoff opponents.

Here's the pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation6.jpg

I hope you all like them!!

Cheers.

sambini
03-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Well done++++++++++++++++

Ferd
03-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Hey all. I thought that since our schedule is complete, I could get a jump start on creating this season's Official Bisonville Sponsor for our Bison Football sellout promotion. I call it "OPERATION:19,000."

It took me a while to fiddle around with Photoshop and create a nice picture to use as a base for promo pics for each home game this year. You no longer have to add the week and opponent to your sig line, I've already done this for you!! So yes, I took the time to do pics for each home game. I am REALLY hoping that we can use these pics for this year's equivalent of last year's "Sell This Motha Out", just because I figured the first one to do something like this gets first dibs. I plan on having the base pic in my sig line on Bisonville and AGS all through summer and till the end of the season. When need be, I will add additional pics for 2008 home playoff opponents.

Cheers.

Do we have permission to use them?

Jdubs21
03-22-2008, 05:35 AM
those are sweet...i saved them and am gonna use them for my puter backgrounds throughout the season :D

Tatanka
03-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey, I don't recall signing a waiver entitling you to use my likeness to promote your campaign!!! :p

Seriously though, excellent work! I'm on board*.

*I have to be, it's me in the picture!!!

TransAmBison
03-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Hey, I don't recall signing a waiver entitling you to use my likeness to promote your campaign!!! :p

Seriously though, excellent work! I'm on board*.

*I have to be, it's me in the picture!!!
Hopefully you don't get too big of a head from all this exposure. Hate for you not to be able to get into the Fargodome for games!

cbline
03-22-2008, 05:45 PM
"Every moment. Every game." Reminds me of the yahoo's who walked out early during the Sam Houston game. I'll never forget the volume inside the Dome after that touchdown!! I hope that they learned their lesson.

Tatanka
03-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Hopefully you don't get too big of a head from all this exposure. Hate for you not to be able to get into the Fargodome for games!
Is this an inadvertant pitch for an outdoor stadium? With a retractable roof? And field turf? With separate sections for people who stand during the game? And the mandatory wearing of the yellow? :hide:

Thread derailment in 5....4.....3......2........1.....

:D

onbison09
03-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Can someone make this a sticky for when I can't find it during the year?

Bisonguy
03-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Can someone make this a sticky for when I can't find it during the year?

Stickyfied for now.

imabison
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM

Here's the pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/SmileyBoy/Operation6.jpg

Cheers.
I think you should put 20,000 on the SIU game. The return of Lennon, I think the game will sell out faster than any other game. Fans from UP NORTH coming to Fargo.

Maybe I am wrong.

BisonNeil
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I think you should put 20,000 on the SIU game. The return of Lennon, I think the game will sell out faster than any other game. Fans from UP NORTH coming to Fargo.

Maybe I am wrong.

I think the capacity of the dome for fb is 18,800-18,900, so the 19,000 seems a reasonable goal. I'd hate to see the fire marshall shut us down.

roadwarrior
03-23-2008, 04:29 PM
The only way 19,000 is attainable for every game is if the students use their allotment of seats. It's going to really suck when tickets are sold out and when the game starts there are 100's and 100's of empty seats in the southwest corner of the dome.

TheBisonator
03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
You all have my total permission to use these pics. My idea was that I was hoping to use this as our "unofficial" "official" promo for sellouts this year.

BisonNeil
03-23-2008, 05:04 PM
The only way 19,000 is attainable for every game is if the students use their allotment of seats. It's going to really suck when tickets are sold out and when the game starts there are 100's and 100's of empty seats in the southwest corner of the dome.

Good point!

Bisonguy
03-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Sell SRO tickets and if there are open spots in the student section five minutes prior to kickoff, they can sit there. :nod:

HerdBot
03-25-2008, 12:11 AM

Maybe I am wrong.

SDSU still owns the record. We need to encourage fans to buy tickets to that game right away.

Jdubs21
03-25-2008, 02:54 AM
i do beleive i already filled out my sheet for season tickets that they sent me...so i'll be set, what section is everyone else sittin in? im trying to get into the section right next to the students since i am a stand and yell all game kinda fan

SDbison
03-25-2008, 04:31 PM
i do beleive i already filled out my sheet for season tickets that they sent me...so i'll be set, what section is everyone else sittin in? im trying to get into the section right next to the students since i am a stand and yell all game kinda fan
Good choice.......less apt to draw the attention of the dome nazis if you are next to the students. Too bad you couldn't join us in section 21 jdubs then your user name would have even more meaning. We will be more subdued in section 21 this year since we are being video monitored and watched very closely (have to keep us under control due to all those terrible things we do like cheering and standing). I plan to meet with Gene Taylor and others (per Gene's invite) prior to the season to obtain an understanding of what the dome nazis can and cannot do. Anyone interested in having a respectful discussion with Gene please PM me and we will set something up.
As for the dome capacity, anyone hear of any plans to set up some small bleachers in the corners to increase seating capacity? I can't believe it is not possible and can be done while meeting fire codes (have to believe there is sufficient doors exiting the dome since they can have 25,000 for the big concerts). Maybe some of the seats would have partial visability due to the pillars, but that is no different than the BSA.

SDbison
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
BTW, just sent my teammakers renewal form in today for 2 season tickets in the lower rows of section 21. Will cost me 3 to 4 times as much to travel to each game, so this was the easy part.

imabison
03-25-2008, 07:13 PM
SDSU still owns the record. We need to encourage fans to buy tickets to that game right away.
Why would not want to encourage fans to buy ticket for all games?

I was just stating what I think will be a fact, that the SIU game could be sold out by NON SIU fans.

Fact open date for the school up north, Fact former coach of the school up north.

HerdBot
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Why would not want to encourage fans to buy ticket for all games?

I was just stating what I think will be a fact, that the SIU game could be sold out by NON SIU fans.

Fact open date for the school up north, Fact former coach of the school up north.

we should but sdsu fans wil eat up a lot of tickets so its best to buy those tickets right away

bisonaudit
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Once we're selling out consistently they're going to have to establish a procedure for the students to pickup tickets in advance (say Wednesday) and make the unused seats available to the public. This sort of arrangement is no uncommon and the 'pickup' could be accomplished electronically.

Also, it seems like there should be a way to count the number of student and GA admissions at the turnstile and establish a rush program for any empties at the end of the 1st quarter or something. I did this for a baseball game in Milwaukee once. Sat behind homeplate for $7 for the last 6 innings.

Bison bison
03-25-2008, 09:41 PM
eventually, they need to start charging students for tickets.

NDSUstudent
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Once we're selling out consistently they're going to have to establish a procedure for the students to pickup tickets in advance (say Wednesday) and make the unused seats available to the public. This sort of arrangement is no uncommon and the 'pickup' could be accomplished electronically.

Also, it seems like there should be a way to count the number of student and GA admissions at the turnstile and establish a rush program for any empties at the end of the 1st quarter or something. I did this for a baseball game in Milwaukee once. Sat behind homeplate for $7 for the last 6 innings.

Students should get there tickets/seats no matter what. If they don't show up on Saturday and pack the stands then do the rush seating but student tickets should never go on sale to the general public before the game.

NDSUstudent
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM

Students already pay for tickets, its called an activity fee.

bisonaudit
03-25-2008, 09:44 PM

The students already pay for their seats. They contribute in excess of $1 million to the athletic department annually.

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
I wonder how difficult it would be to do a voucher system for the students. Tickets would still be free but if they wanted to go to the game they would have to stop and pick up a voucher by Wednesday before gameday. Then NDSU could sell any unused portion of the student allotment to the general public. If students are to lazy to stop in and get a voucher than they have to buy a gen. admission. I think this would solve a couple of problems.

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 09:53 PM

whoops I didn't see that. Great minds think alike.

bisonmike2
03-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Students should get there tickets/seats no matter what. If they don't show up on Saturday and pack the stands then do the rush seating but student tickets should never go on sale to the general public before the game.

Why??? An empty seat is lost revenue in the eyes of NDSU and the FFD. If the students want to support their team and university I don't think it's too much to ask of them to stop by the union or where-ever to pick up a FREE voucher a couple of days before. If their situation changes and they can't make it to the game they can give it away. BFD if a student can't rush up to the gate 5 minutes after kick-off, I'd rather have a fan willing to pay for that seat at the game than a kid to worried about partying in the tailgating lot to make it to the game on time. But that's just me.

NDSUstudent
03-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Why??? An empty seat is lost revenue in the eyes of NDSU and the FFD. If the students want to support their team and university I don't think it's too much to ask of them to stop by the union or where-ever to pick up a FREE voucher a couple of days before. If their situation changes and they can't make it to the game they can give it away. BFD if a student can't rush up to the gate 5 minutes after kick-off, I'd rather have a fan willing to pay for that seat at the game than a kid to worried about partying in the tailgating lot to make it to the game on time. But that's just me.

I don't like it on so many levels, the current system is perfect. The student section is for the students. The way it should be. The only tweak I would do is add rush seats. All the student ID's are already scanned, so it would be easy to figure out how many student seats are being unused by the time kickoff occurs. At that time tickets could go on sale to the general public. They'll get lousy seats and be stuck where they won't bother the students that care(the ones that stand and like to be a little rowdy). The last thing I want to see is 100 or so bozo's sitting in the student section, sitting in the prime seats, telling everybody to sit down and how to act.

The student section is the heart and soul of the Dome. Do you really want to mess with that all in the name of a few bucks?

imabison
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't like it on so many levels, the current system is perfect. The student section is for the students. The way it should be. The only tweak I would do is add rush seats. All the student ID's are already scanned, so it would be easy to figure out how many student seats are being unused by the time kickoff occurs. At that time tickets could go on sale to the general public. They'll get lousy seats and be stuck where they won't bother the students that care(the ones that stand and like to be a little rowdy). The last thing I want to see is 100 or so bozo's sitting in the student section, sitting in the prime seats, telling everybody to sit down and how to act.

The student section is the heart and soul of the Dome. Do you really want to mess with that all in the name of a few bucks?
I don't disagree with anything in your post, however even GA tickets at the games are assigned seats.

How would they know which seats are taken and which are not? They would have to make those sections pure GA and sit where available.

To the comment about an empty seat, Full Seats even free generate income. Tell me that NDSU does not get a share of the comsessions for football. I do not know, but I bet they do and the free students eat their share of popcorn.

NDSUstudent
03-25-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't disagree with anything in your post, however even GA tickets at the games are assigned seats.

How would they know which seats are taken and which are not? They would have to make those sections pure GA and sit where available.

To the comment about an empty seat, Full Seats even free generate income. Tell me that NDSU does not get a share of the comsessions for football. I do not know, but I bet they do and the free students eat their share of popcorn.

I guess I thought GA tickets were not assigned, before I was a student my parents sat in the Thunderzone section and there were always people who sat in our seats or were asking were GA seats started.

That said, you could still just make it a go over there and sit/stand wherever you can find room. It wouldn't be ideal but I suppose its better then not getting into the game at all.

Another thing I think people need to keep in mind is that the school's enrollment is on pace to grow to 16k in the not so distant future and more and more housing is being built around campus. I won't make any guarantees but my prediction is that lack of student seating will be a bigger issue then empty seats before too long.

roadwarrior
03-26-2008, 12:05 AM
The easy solution to the questions about the student sections is that the students FILL THEM EVERY GAME.

Jdubs21
03-26-2008, 03:03 AM
Good choice.......less apt to draw the attention of the dome nazis if you are next to the students. Too bad you couldn't join us in section 21 jdubs then your user name would have even more meaning. We will be more subdued in section 21 this year since we are being video monitored and watched very closely (have to keep us under control due to all those terrible things we do like cheering and standing). I plan to meet with Gene Taylor and others (per Gene's invite) prior to the season to obtain an understanding of what the dome nazis can and cannot do. Anyone interested in having a respectful discussion with Gene please PM me and we will set something up.
As for the dome capacity, anyone hear of any plans to set up some small bleachers in the corners to increase seating capacity? I can't believe it is not possible and can be done while meeting fire codes (have to believe there is sufficient doors exiting the dome since they can have 25,000 for the big concerts). Maybe some of the seats would have partial visability due to the pillars, but that is no different than the BSA.

hell i'll join ya and get kicked out for supporting our team!!! i might make a switch to 21, and yes it would match my name nicely haha good point

tjbison
03-26-2008, 03:06 AM
The easy solution to the questions about the student sections is that the students FILL THEM EVERY GAME.

:praying: :praying: I hope it happens every game!

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Another thing I think people need to keep in mind is that the school's enrollment is on pace to grow to 16k in the not so distant future and more and more housing is being built around campus. I won't make any guarantees but my prediction is that lack of student seating will be a bigger issue then empty seats before too long.

I hope your right. It sucks to see the FFD filled but a large portion of the student section missing on games that occur on 3 day weekends.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
To me this topic is just a matter of commen sense. Why wouldnt the students rather pickup tickets in advance? This system would eliminate standing in line for students that dont care where they sit and for those of you that want the best seats you can still camp out and make sure you are the first person in line to get your favorite seats.

For the games such as Southern Utah last year or holiday weekends when all the students head home, the empty student seats could be bought by the general public, instead of sitting empty.

Another positive to this system, when Northern Iowa and other big name teams come to town, the student section will probably fill up, the students would have the option to buy General Admission tickets after all the student tickets were gone.

Pickup tickets by Thursday. If there are tickets remaining they can go on sale Friday morning at 8am to the General Public. If you were a student at UND and went to hockey games, you would realize how well this system works. It is a great way to make sure all the tickets are sold and seats are not sitting empty. When the demand for tickets increases, there will have to be a change.

bisonmike2
03-26-2008, 02:13 PM
To me this topic is just a matter of commen sense. Why wouldnt the students rather pickup tickets in advance? This system would eliminate standing in line for students that dont care where they sit and for those of you that want the best seats you can still camp out and make sure you are the first person in line to get your favorite seats.

For the games such as Southern Utah last year or holiday weekends when all the students head home, the empty student seats could be bought by the general public, instead of sitting empty.

Another positive to this system, when Northern Iowa and other big name teams come to town, the student section will probably fill up, the students would have the option to buy General Admission tickets after all the student tickets were gone.

Pickup tickets by Thursday. If there are tickets remaining they can go on sale Friday morning at 8am to the General Public. If you were a student at UND and went to hockey games, you would realize how well this system works. It is a great way to make sure all the tickets are sold and seats are not sitting empty. When the demand for tickets increases, there will have to be a change.

This is what I've was trying to say. Thank you SiouxHockeyBisonFan for stating it with more clarity.

SDbison
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM

The students at Nebraska have to pick up their tickets before the game. Also serves as a way for some students to sell theirs and make some needed cash. Not to worry.......the people buying from students there(actually most everybody at the game) are the types that stand and cheer the entire time. I have been to several Husker games and that is how I got my tickets.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Anybody that chooses to sit in the student section will know that they are going to be in a section that is standing for most of the game and in the loudest section of the dome. If they didnt know before the game, they will understand as soon as they find a seat.

NDSUstudent
03-26-2008, 05:36 PM
If you were a student at UND and went to hockey games, you would realize how well this system works. It is a great way to make sure all the tickets are sold and seats are not sitting empty. When the demand for tickets increases, there will have to be a change.

UND has a lottery for tickets, the students don't pick up tickets they just give them all out before the season starts. They also split the seats into lower bowl and upper bowl but don't have any specific seat number on the tickets. In my opinion their policy is going to have the same issues we have now. The tickets will given out but you can never ensure that they will be used.

As for the SUU game, there were a ton of empty seats. I'll say this for the billionth time, I have never seen a sold out dome and partially empty student section. I'll start taking the view of giving student tickets more seriously when a see a full dome and partially empty student section.

BisonAccountant44
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
The students at Nebraska have to pick up their tickets before the game. Also serves as a way for some students to sell theirs and make some needed cash. Not to worry.......the people buying from students there(actually most everybody at the game) are the types that stand and cheer the entire time. I have been to several Husker games and that is how I got my tickets.

This is the same way I've gotten into Husker games, and I believe that most big time programs actually do something like this with one twist or another.

I don't see why there would be any issuse at NDSU, it's not like we haven't done it before for big games. I think for both of the last two firetruck games we had to go to the BSA early in the week to pick up a ticket.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
03-26-2008, 06:55 PM
UND has a lottery for tickets, the students don't pick up tickets they just give them all out before the season starts. They also split the seats into lower bowl and upper bowl but don't have any specific seat number on the tickets. In my opinion their policy is going to have the same issues we have now. The tickets will given out but you can never ensure that they will be used.

As for the SUU game, there were a ton of empty seats. I'll say this for the billionth time, I have never seen a sold out dome and partially empty student section. I'll start taking the view of giving student tickets more seriously when a see a full dome and partially empty student section.

I dont want to start an agrument, but the UND hockey system works a little different than you think. Unless things have changed very recently.

Men’s Hockey Season Tickets
UND Student (with valid ID) $75 (lottery to get the lower bowl tickets)

Men’s Hockey Single Game Tickets
UND Student (with valid ID) $7.00

All unused student tickets are released to the public on Friday morning.

NDSUstudent
03-26-2008, 07:49 PM
I dont want to start an agrument, but the UND hockey system works a little different than you think. Unless things have changed very recently.

Men’s Hockey Season Tickets
UND Student (with valid ID) $75 (lottery to get the lower bowl tickets)

Men’s Hockey Single Game Tickets
UND Student (with valid ID) $7.00

All unused student tickets are released to the public on Friday morning.

Maybe I had it a bit mixed up from what a few of my friends that go to UND told me.

Anyway, I've been thinking about this whole student issue and here is my idea...

Students have until Friday to pick up tickets. The tickets are just to get in and have no seat locations listed on them. Where you sit is first come, first serve on gameday.

All remaining tickets go on sale on Saturday, students can still get free tickets but they will receive no priority at that point. Also if a non-student has a ticket they will not be allowed into the Fargodome until 20 minutes prior to kickoff, this will guarantee the best seats go to the students.

TheBisonator
03-27-2008, 12:52 AM

Illinois State last year was a game where the only empties were student section seats. About 1,000 of them.

HerdBot
03-27-2008, 04:57 AM
Illinois State last year was a game where the only empties were student section seats. About 1,000 of them.

Southern Utah was empy too.

Gully
03-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know how many single game seats have to be sold for each game to sellout?

Season tickets 9,000
Students 4,000
Football family/recruits, etc. 1,000
Total: 14,000

That leave about 5,000? I'm just guessing at those numbers, I'm sure someone on here knows the numbers exactly.

tony
03-27-2008, 11:44 AM
If this does become an issue, I wouldn't mind doing something like UND does. However, the students paid for those seats so any money made from selling the tickets should go to the student government.

Hehe, I just hope it doesn't happen - it's great to see the student sections filled with future alumni, er, I mean, noisy fans.

Hammersmith
03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know how many single game seats have to be sold for each game to sellout?

Season tickets 9,000
Students 4,000
Football family/recruits, etc. 1,000
Total: 14,000

That leave about 5,000? I'm just guessing at those numbers, I'm sure someone on here knows the numbers exactly.

Sellouts are anything beyond 18,481(97% of record). I've heard that the student sections hold about 3,800, but I'm not sure of the exact figure. And we won't know about final season ticket sales until just before the season starts. Wild guess, but I'd go with closer to 7,000 single-game tickets unless TeamMakers goes through the roof.

Jdubs21
03-29-2008, 06:14 PM
the student section was full everygame but 1 this year...only reason people notice the empty seats is cuz we were all wearing yellow, the blue is easy to see in all that

imported_Bisongold
03-31-2008, 12:43 AM
I thought the student section was awesome last year, but I think it will be even better this year!! The Dome will be rockin' for every game.

Bison101
03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Here is my theory...

Every home game will sell out.

EXCEPT for one. And I think that it will be the Austin Peay game.

Why?

First and foremost, it is a Thursday night game. It's been proven at the University up North, that fans do not show up as greatly in numbers on weekdays as they do on Saturdays. Families have a school night, old people have cleaning day the next day, and college students have class early on the day after.

tjbison
03-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Here is my theory...

Why?

First and foremost, it is a Thursday night game. It's been proven at the University up North, that fans do not show up as greatly in numbers on weekdays as they do on Saturdays. Families have a school night, old people have cleaning day the next day, and college students have class early on the day after.

But we are not talking about them, THINK POSITIVE:p

Jdubs21
04-01-2008, 01:39 AM
i gaurantee you it will sell out

imported_Bisongold
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I think it could be a sellout because everyone that saw any of the games last year will be anxious for the first game. They will need to promote for a couple weeks before hand to insure this however.

Hammersmith
04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
With a couple exceptions, the opener is generally the second worst game for attendance(right after deer opener). Valpo had the "first DI game" hook, and SFA was the "coming off a 10-1 season" thing. If the marketing department can come up with a good hook for APSU, I think a low sellout is probable(18,750-ish). TV would be a big help. CCSU won't be a picnic from a marketing standpoint, either. After that, JJ's job gets real easy. The only hard sellout after that will be Indiana State on Nov 1st(Harvest Bowl). How come we always seem to get the conference doormat for the late-season, afternoon, hunting opener game? Can we petition for UNI or YSU for that slot next year?

Bison"FANatic"
04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I hear that there will be quite a few on TV. It will be interesting to see how many on NBC and how many on FSN. I hope we get a few away games on FSN. I would all but 1 home game will be televised maybe even all of them.

tjbison
04-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I hear that there will be quite a few on TV. It will be interesting to see how many on NBC and how many on FSN. I hope we get a few away games on FSN. I would all but 1 home game will be televised maybe even all of them.

Sponsors, sponsors thats what will help, we need some companys other than farmers insurance to buy time slots. It all takes money, but I would love to see this happen!

TheBisonator
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM

That's good news to hear. I hope to see at least 7 games on the schedule that are on either NDNBC or FSN North. And don't forget that Gateway game of the week on FSN.

99Bison
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Opening game will sell out... No doubt on that one, that thursday is practically already a holiday in these parts.

Game 2 had the best chance of no sellout, however the monster huge reunion will cover that.

Here is my theory...

Why?

NDSUstudent
04-03-2008, 01:16 AM
That Thursday game will sellout, students will come out in droves and everyone will be amped up for what could be the start of a historic season. The only two games I'm worried about are CCSU and Indiana State(due to the always lousy Harvest Bowl attendance).

NDSUFREAK
04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Thats Sick Bisonator!!! +++++++++

Bison101
04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Anyone know what new ploys the marketing department has for getting people to the dome?

Last year's "Will You Be There" will be hard to follow...

BisBison
04-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Anyone know what new ploys the marketing department has for getting people to the dome?

maybe after the SFA game it should be "Did you Stay?"

NDSUstudent
04-11-2008, 02:44 AM

How about..... "The March is On!"

UTH
04-11-2008, 03:44 AM

If they read Bisonville as much as they should, you may have just saved the marketing gurus many sleepless nights looking for ideas.:nod:

Your idea matches / is better than last year's because it's true.

Keeping it relevant to the current season, it should probably be, "Will you stay?"

Imagine the visuals in that ad campaign!

SDbison
04-11-2008, 05:31 PM
If they read Bisonville as much as they should, you may have just saved the marketing gurus many sleepless nights looking for ideas.:nod:

Keeping it relevant to the current season, it should probably be, "Will you stay?"

The new promotion should have narration recognizing how the Bison have grown strong through the DI transition and are now ready to break loose..... it's a Bison stampede to the playoffs........Don't Miss It!
I can see the visuals now......corralled Bison snorting, hooves kicking, and then the Gate opens (a little symbolism here as NDSU is now a member of the Gateway conference) and the Bison charge out......the March Is On! Get your tickets NOW, or you WILL miss out on the action.

UTH
04-11-2008, 05:51 PM
The new promotion should have narration recognizing how the Bison have grown strong through the DI transition and are now ready to break loose..... it's a Bison stampede to the playoffs........Don't Miss It!
I can see the visuals now......corralled Bison snorting, hooves kicking, and then the Gate opens (a little symbolism here as NDSU is now a member of the Gateway conference) and the Bison charge out......the March Is On! Get your tickets NOW, or you WILL miss out on the action.

Also would go well with the tunnel walk...

Bisonguy
04-11-2008, 10:29 PM

How about a 'gate' opens, then the Thundering Bison impales a Redbird on it's horn, head butts a Bear and knocks it out, bodyslams a Panther, tramples over a Saluki, Jackrabbit, Bulldog (with a leathery neck),and Penguin, and then takes a leak on a Sycamore tree.:nod: :D

NDSU should hire me for the marketing department.....

Bisonguy
04-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh yeah, forgot the end, the Thundering Bison would look at the camera and snort. Cue tunnel walk.....

Tatanka
04-11-2008, 11:04 PM
How about a 'gate' opens, then the Thundering Bison impales a Redbird on it's horn, head butts a Bear and knocks it out, bodyslams a Panther, tramples over a Saluki, Jackrabbit, Bulldog (with a leathery neck),and Penguin, and then takes a leak on a Sycamore tree.:nod: :D

You also missed the part where the Bison faces south, raises it's tail to the North, and blows some hot gas out his business end at an old abandoned outhouse.

BisBison
04-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Also would go well with the tunnel walk...

Ahh the tunnel walk, that sends chills up & down my spine.

Bison101
04-11-2008, 11:23 PM

I think you mean the Sam Houston Game. :nod:

Nice.

BisBison
04-12-2008, 03:10 AM
I think you mean the Sam Houston Game. :nod:

Nice.

You're right.:hide: At my age, I'm just happy to remember last season

Bison101
04-14-2008, 11:37 PM

"Will you stay" probably works for the Walker-Era, but I don't believe it rings true for the "Mertens-Era".

For Mr. Nick, it should probably be something like "Will You Be There and See Us Blow Some Brains Out?"

That would fit the new age of blowouts that is to come.

Bison101
04-26-2008, 02:08 AM
#1- this weather really bites! #2- I am afraid that it will cut down on those from the south and east that would like to have been here. Unless you came in this afternoon and got a motel room.

I don't understand how this fits in this thread.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

1bizon1
04-26-2008, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=Bison101;189495]I don't understand how this fits in this thread.... :confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOTE

Sorry Mr.Mod as I thought that I was on the spring game thread. I will remove my original post.

Bison101
04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=Bison101;189495]I don't understand how this fits in this thread.... :confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOTE

Sorry Mr.Mod as I thought that I was on the spring game thread. I will remove my original post.

Wasn't trying to look mean..... :(

MontanaBisonFan
05-03-2008, 09:04 AM

I can visualize this all happening just before the same bison herd comes out of the tunnel an and tramples over some cowboys and gophers etc.
Bison guy would be marketing genius of the year.

I'mWithNOSIB
05-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Supported :nod:

sambini
06-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I just talked to Josh. He said the number sold so far is right around 8k.

IBleedYellow
06-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Hell yea those all look really BA!! I can't wait for football season!!!

EDIT: Tatanka....I want your sig. Haha.

Tatanka
06-13-2008, 11:46 AM
If you want my sig pic, have at it! :nod: :nod: :nod: No offense will be taken.

TheBisonator
06-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I just talked to Josh. He said the number sold so far is right around 8k.

THANKS, SAMBINI!!!:bow:

Gardenhoser
07-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Nice Job!! That would look really good on a billboard!

NDSUFREAK
07-13-2008, 07:31 PM
any new ticket info?

EagleBison
08-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Got my 2 season tickets again, hey 5 years in a row driving from the Twin Cities. It's not that far, but if you live in Fargo, there's not many excusses for not having the Bison season tickets. :nod:

Gully
08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Got my 2 season tickets again, hey 5 years in a row driving from the Twin Cities. It's not that far, but if you live in Fargo, there's not many excusses for not having the Bison season tickets. :nod:

I agree. This will be my 10th year driving from the cities. I think I've only missed two or three home games in all that time. Far cry from Road, I know.

BisBison
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree. This will be my 10th year driving from the cities. I think I've only missed two or three home games in all that time. Far cry from Road, I know.

Good to see folks from the cities making the trip up I-94. There's getting to be more and more folks coming in on I-94 from the other direction as well. I think this year will be a caravan some games.:nod: We're finally getting the recognition around here as THE football team in the state of ND. I credit Gene Taylor for this because of his vision to get the games on TV.

EagleBison
08-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Good to see folks from the cities making the trip up I-94. There's getting to be more and more folks coming in on I-94 from the other direction as well. I think this year will be a caravan some games.:nod: We're finally getting the recognition around here as THE football team in the state of ND. I credit Gene Taylor for this because of his vision to get the games on TV.

Gene and Coach Bohl and crew speaking at a couple events down here helped make my decision to get season tickets, instead of single game tickets. Kudos to Taylor and Chapman for their vision.:cool:

WarBison
08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Anybody know for sure what they are going to do about student tickets? Are they going to make us reserve them the week of the game or not?

roadwarrior
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Does this answer your question about student tickets?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1524317

WarBison
08-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Does this answer your question about student tickets?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1524317

Sure did.....appreciate it Road.

SirHinn
08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Last 300 student tickets were picked up this morning, so the studen section is completely sold out!!! Well done students!!

TheDoctor
08-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Announced tonight "SELLOUT"! ;)

BigBison
08-29-2008, 04:32 AM
yeah what was it 18,701? or 18,751?

SirHinn
08-29-2008, 05:34 AM
yeah what was it 18,701? or 18,751?

I believe it was 18,701.

imabison
08-29-2008, 01:23 PM
I believe it was 18,701.
Anything over 18672 is considered a sell out. That is 98% of the current record of 19053. The additional 300 tickets given to the students made the difference.

HooliganBison
08-29-2008, 09:30 PM
What is the previous streak for most sellouts in a row? I know Nebraska's streak goes back to 1962!! Whatever the old one is, I hope we are on our way to breaking it.

Gully
08-29-2008, 10:28 PM
That would be last year and the final game from the year before...what was it, four games? Not too long.

TheBisonator
08-30-2008, 12:21 AM
That would be last year and the final game from the year before...what was it, four games? Not too long.

We've only sold out 5 of our last 7 games.

Here's the attendances for the past 7 games:

19,053 (SDSU)
18,823 (SFA)
18,961 (SHSU)
19,011 (UCD)
15,796 (SUU)
18,116 (ILSU)
18,701 (APSU)