PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West is coming to Fargo!!

TheBisonator
03-20-2008, 06:56 AM
At the FFD on May 25.

http://www.in-forum.com/News/articles/195439

HEEEELLLLLLLZZZZZ YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

mebisonII
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
At the FFD on May 25.

http://www.in-forum.com/News/articles/195439

HEEEELLLLLLLZZZZZ YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Yawn. ;)

He may be big news at the moment, but I guarantee he doesn't have a fraction of the 'cool' Ray Charles oozed when he came a few year back :nod:

TransAmBison
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
If I was any less excited, I'd be dead.

SDbison
03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Who is Kanye West........never heard of him or her? What kind of name is Kanye? How is that pronounced? If this person doesn't play some form rock I could care less. I suppose Bon Jovi will be the only rock band to play in the dome this year. The rest will be country (yuk) and something like Kanye (isn't that a country.....oh no I am thinking of Kenya).

NDFAN2
03-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Who is Kanye West........never heard of him or her? What kind of name is Kanye? How is that pronounced? If this person doesn't play some form rock I could care less. I suppose Bon Jovi will be the only rock band to play in the dome this year. The rest will be country (yuk) and something like Kanye (isn't that a country.....oh no I am thinking of Kenya).

Pounounced "Con-Yeah!" Like "con"vict

I don't know what else he's know for other than saying that GW Bush doesn't like Black people on TV after Katrina.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm predicting that this concert will be cancelled. The fargodome's just not a big spot for hip/hop tours, they never sell good enough. There's plenty of interest in the college demographic but I doubt many want to drop $70 to go see Kanye rap about how great he is.

NDFAN2
03-20-2008, 03:00 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/hurricanekatrina/v/kanyewestbush.htm

Link

markerman
03-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Pounounced "Con-Yeah!" Like "con"vict

I don't know what else he's know for other than saying that GW Bush doesn't like Black people on TV after Katrina.

Perhaps being the most original and intelligent mc of the past decade...

Trim
03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
SlickVic is just jacked...

Crew cabbin' it to the Fargodome with SD for some Kanye... my oh my...

SDbison
03-20-2008, 04:05 PM
SlickVic is just jacked...

Crew cabbin' it to the Fargodome with SD for some Kanye... my oh my...
I wouldn't go this so called concert if my life depended on it, or Slick put up $2K of his income, I mean winnings, for me to attend. In my opinion Rap is a sorry excuse for music. Hate to say it, but even country music is music, not some verbally challenged person continuously yapping their sexual prowess or political opinion in a monotone voice. Surprised if Fargo has a 1000 people interested in paying $70 for this crap.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't go this so called concert if my life depended on it, or Slick put up $2K of his income, I mean winnings, for me to attend. In my opinion Rap is a sorry excuse for music. Hate to say it, but even country music is music, not some verbally challenged person continuously yapping their sexual prowess or political opinion in a monotone voice. Surprised if Fargo has a 1000 people interested in paying $70 for this crap.

I agree to an extent. I grew up on rap, and was a huge fan of Snoop, Dre, NWA etc. But it all grew old to me very quickly. It was cool to hear a classic song used as a back beat and have someone rap over the top of it. Rap/Hip hop used to have style and flow. Now it's just a contest to see who can rap about the most cars/women/money/drugs/booze. I actually recently heard a song (can't remember who) where they said, I rap about segrems b/c they pay me and I drink it(or something like that). It's a race to start the next catchphrase. I guess I"m just too old.

Everyone get off my lawn!

BigBison
03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I bet, this concert will be cancelled. The only thing that sells in Fargo is Country and some rock bands. Which kinda sucks but its true. Fargo isnt open to many different types of music. I wouldn't go see Kanye, I like Rap/Hip-Hop but not his stuff. I'd rather go see Lupe Fisaco than Kanye.

BigBison
03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree to an extent. I grew up on rap, and was a huge fan of Snoop, Dre, NWA etc. But it all grew old to me very quickly. It was cool to hear a classic song used as a back beat and have someone rap over the top of it. Rap/Hip hop used to have style and flow. Now it's just a contest to see who can rap about the most cars/women/money/drugs/booze. I actually recently heard a song (can't remember who) where they said, I rap about segrems b/c they pay me and I drink it(or something like that). It's a race to start the next catchphrase. I guess I"m just too old.

Everyone get off my lawn!

I agree with you some what, Rap music has really sucked the last two years. And I think the industry its starting to see that, because album sells have really fallen off the last two years or so. I remeber when there would be a new good hip-hop song every week and now it seem like once every two months, if that. I think the beats are still good but the lyrics are just horrible, its pretty much lets think of a catchphrase(which is called a "hook" rap lingo) and repeat it a 100 times.

UTH
03-20-2008, 05:11 PM
I bet, this concert will be cancelled. The only thing that sells in Fargo is Country and some rock bands. Which kinda sucks but its true. Fargo isnt open to many different types of music. I wouldn't go see Kanye, I like Rap/Hip-Hop but not his stuff. I'd rather go see Lupe Fisaco than Kanye.

Well, there go my hopes to get Finnish disco (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwakjoSs754)* in the FFD. :banghead: Where rock bands are concerned, I'd say that the eighties are very much alive and well in Fargo. Ozzie back in 1995(?), Motley Crue last year, and now everybody's talking about Bon Jovi. I'd be curious to see the FFD's figures on ticket sales, comparing country to the eighties to rap...
*WARNING - more painful than rickroll... uks, kaks, kolm, nel'... you have been warned:hide:

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with you some what, Rap music has really sucked the last two years. And I think the industry its starting to see that, because album sells have really fallen off the last two years or so. I remeber when there would be a new good hip-hop song every week and now it seem like once every two months, if that. I think the beats are still good but the lyrics are just horrible, its pretty much lets think of a catchphrase(which is called a "hook" rap lingo) and repeat it a 100 times.

At least the music is disposable and it only takes a couple months to fall of the face of the earth. I was going to go postal if I heard Supaman dat ho! one more time.

BigBison
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Where rock bands are concerned, I'd say that the eighties are very much alive and well in Fargo. Ozzie back in 1995(?), Motley Crue last year, and now everybody's talking about Bon Jovi. I'd be curious to see the FFD's figures on ticket sales, comparing country to the eighties to rap...

I'd be curious to see that information too. I know last year when Kenny Chesney came to town I thought that peoples were going to blow off because they couldnt take the excitement, especially girls. My girlfriend and I went to see Black Eyed Peas in GF last year because one of my favorite hip-hop groups was opening for them. The Black Eye Peas was a really good show, they had a real band, not just beats being played from a DJ. I got alot more respect for that group after seeing that show. Now their song get a little annoying on the radio because they play them 56,485 times in one day. However I thought there would be alot more college students there since its close to UND but nope I'd say it was 60-70% 13-16 year old girls there.

aces1180
03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, there go my hopes to get Finnish disco (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwakjoSs754)* in the FFD. :banghead: Where rock bands are concerned, I'd say that the eighties are very much alive and well in Fargo. Ozzie back in 1995(?), Motley Crue last year, and now everybody's talking about Bon Jovi. I'd be curious to see the FFD's figures on ticket sales, comparing country to the eighties to rap...
*WARNING - more painful than rickroll... uks, kaks, kolm, nel'... you have been warned:hide:

The last time Motley Crue was in Fargo was in 1998 at the Civic...AC/DC back in 2001 was a huge concert as well.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Korn was one of the best concerts I had been to at the dome even though they didn't play for very long b/c their the drummer broke his hand. Staind, before Staind got big and went soft rock, opened for them. I remember their return trip sucked. You could tell they were only back in Fargo b/c they had to make up for the shortened set the last time.

lakesbison
03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I LOVE LOVE RAP.

I HATE HATE KAYNE.. he's a PIECE OF POOP..

No one in the "COOL" crowd likes him, 15-22 year old stupid girls like him possibly.

aces1180
03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Korn was one of the best concerts I had been to at the dome even though they didn't play for very long b/c their the drummer broke his hand. Staind, before Staind got big and went soft rock, opened for them. I remember their return trip sucked. You could tell they were only back in Fargo b/c they had to make up for the shortened set the last time.

Actually, KoRn and Rob Zombie was a far better show IMO...This was in the spring of '99 and KoRn was on top of the world...This was only a few months after they released "Follow the Leader," so they were on fire...Zombie was sick, but still put on a great show...His pyro was hotter than heck too.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Actually, KoRn and Rob Zombie was a far better show IMO...This was in the spring of '99 and KoRn was on top of the world...This was only a few months after they released "Follow the Leader," so they were on fire...Zombie was sick, but still put on a great show...His pyro was hotter than heck too.

You may be right. How could I forget, I was at that one too. I guess I was just too drunk to remember most of it. I remember the giant freakin' robot on stage. I actually got to meet Rob Zombie in Vegas. A very cool guy. Couldn't have been more polite and was more than happy to take pictures with us and sign autographs.

WYOBISONMAN
03-20-2008, 10:11 PM

Yeah......what he said!

BigDeal
03-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Personally, I think a big time name coming to Fargo is good for the city. He is a "Big Deal" in the recording industry and has sold millions of albums. There is the potential for him to draw a crowd even though he doesn't do country or he isn't an 80's has been. Lots of people would rather drive to Fargo than Minneapolis to see a concert... especially those that fall on weeknights.

Also, it will bring money to city. That is a good thing.

I don't personally listen to his music or care for that style, but I'm amazed at the negative comments he's getting regarding the concert.

G-city Bison Fan
03-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Alright, you guys are all seriously ridiculous and sad. I agree that rap sucks, especially lately. However, this is only the stuff that you hear on the radio, which in that case you can say for the most part that rock sucks too. Seriously how many people on this board would say that rock today is better than rock say 5 years ago, or 10 years ago? Absolutely no one.

Rap is bad, but there are a few MC's out there that are still worth listening too, Kanye is the most popular, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Talib Kweli all are fairly popular. I understand that their lyrical stylings of the "urban" life probably don't rest well with all you midwest boys that never got off the farm, but fortunately for the rest of us music isnt limited to 3-chord rock riffs, drums, and falsetto singing guys with long hair. You don't have to like the damn music but for all of you looking for more big name acts in the dome, this definitely is a big ticket event. Maybe instead of knocking it down you should hope it sells well and makes the dome some damn money.

TheBisonator
03-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Alright, you guys are all seriously ridiculous and sad. I agree that rap sucks, especially lately. However, this is only the stuff that you hear on the radio, which in that case you can say for the most part that rock sucks too. Seriously how many people on this board would say that rock today is better than rock say 5 years ago, or 10 years ago? Absolutely no one.

Rap is bad, but there are a few MC's out there that are still worth listening too, Kanye is the most popular, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, Talib Kweli all are fairly popular. I understand that their lyrical stylings of the "urban" life probably don't rest well with all you midwest boys that never got off the farm, but fortunately for the rest of us music isnt limited to 3-chord rock riffs, drums, and falsetto singing guys with long hair. You don't have to like the damn music but for all of you looking for more big name acts in the dome, this definitely is a big ticket event. Maybe instead of knocking it down you should hope it sells well and makes the dome some damn money.

As someone who lived near inner-city Minneapolis for 12 years of his life and was actually exposed to different ethnic cultures as a kid, all I can say is... EXCELLENT POST!!!

chuckles
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Great to see a big name coming to Fargo, but it will not draw a crowd like expected. 1. College is done, there would be a huge draw of college students who would go to this show if they were in Fargo 2. Its the Sunday of memorial day weekend. Many other commitments at this time of year with graduations and such.

bisonmike2
05-21-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm predicting that this concert will be cancelled. The fargodome's just not a big spot for hip/hop tours, they never sell good enough. There's plenty of interest in the college demographic but I doubt many want to drop $70 to go see Kanye rap about how great he is. Above: bisonmike cira March 2008.

Behold the great bisonmike! I will tell you your future for a small fee.

/Now if I can only get the powerball number predictions down.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=201873&section=news

1bizon1
05-21-2008, 02:38 AM
I believe this concert was canceled.....

tjbison
05-21-2008, 03:06 AM
knew this one wasn't going to happen all along!! of course i really didn't care either:hide:

ThunderDan
05-21-2008, 03:39 AM
The "official" statement is that there was a scheduling conflict.....yeah, of course we believe that.
It couldn't possible have anything to do with the fact that ticket sales were dreadful....even for Fargo.
Too bad, I have heard that the live show is amazing.

BisonBabe
05-21-2008, 02:34 PM
It is amazing how scheduling conflicts tend to come up when ticket sales are down. Not the first time and won't be the last.

TheBisonator
05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
It's sad. People in Fargo will dish out big bucks to see schlubs like Kenny Redneck and Johnny 80's Mullet at the Dome yet won't even bother to see probably the biggest name in hip-hop music today.

Buncha white bread hicks up here...

aces1180
05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
It's sad. People in Fargo will dish out big bucks to see schlubs like Kenny Redneck and Johnny 80's Mullet at the Dome yet won't even bother to see probably the biggest name in hip-hop music today.

I don't think it has to do with hicks, it has to do with the fact that Kanye West a

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/808/808_img_11.jpg

BisonBabe
05-21-2008, 06:41 PM

There are not many artists out there that I will shell out money to see as I think ticket prices are way out of control. That being said. I don't listen to Kanye West so why would I buy a ticket to his concert? I have never been a big fan of hip-hop or rap for that matter. I am a fan of classic rock and country so that is who I would want to go see. Also many that I would pay to see do not make it to this area either.

TransAmBison
05-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Word to your motha. :D

CarringtonBison
05-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Being the biggest name in rap/hip-hop is the same as having best mullet in Minnesota. Yeah, your the best, but who gives a sh......

I would rather watch paint dry than go to this concert, even if it were free and it was across the street.

peace out, homes

BlueBisonRock
05-21-2008, 07:26 PM

Sorry you are missing your concert. Marketing demographics may provide some insight to the tastes and preferences of individuals living in or willing to travel to the FM area for a concert. I am guessing that the local promoter missed this point in his initial business case.

The fact that the tastes of the local market do not support this type of concert should not lead to the use of an insulting and potentially denigrating term for those who do not share your musical preferences.

I was surprised by your choice of terms - especially with the outrage you demonstrated regarding the Gamma Phi party theme from up north and your reaction to the Saddle and Sirloin faux pas. Your choice to use this particular term just does not appear to be consistent with your reaction to these other incidents.

BisonAccountant44
05-21-2008, 08:52 PM

To me the biggest reason I almost never go to see any of "today's" acts isn't because they aren't "Kenny Redneck" or "Johnny 80's Mullet". It's because most if not all, Kanye included, will at the end of the day probably be only slightly better than one hit wonders to me, and a two or three hit concert isn't something I'm interested in spending that kind of money to go see. If I'm going to hand over money for a concert ticket I want to recognize more than just the newest song of the week that I can hear on the radio 50 times a day if I really want to hear it anyway. If that means I happen to go to more country or classic rock concerts because of it, so be it. If there was a more recent group that fit that description I think you'd see a lot more people interested in going.

It's been done in Fargo before. Snoop sold out the civic, and Weezer did well in the dome. How often did those two get on Fargo back then? Didn't redman or method man play the dome a probably 7-8 years back also? Anyone remember how that show went over? I don't.

Personally I think groups like the Weezer's, Foo Fighters, and STP's of the works would do very well in market like Fargo with all the colleges in such close proximity. Those types of grouops just very rarely get there.

bisonmike2
05-21-2008, 08:54 PM

I like some of his stuff but and can't justify paying $60 for a bunch of yelling over a cd track and a drum machine. I've been a fan of rap and some of the new hip-hop stuff but seeing these acts live does nothing for me. It's not like a rock concert where the artist can go into a 10 minute guitar or drum solo. Or play a song accustically or in a different tune to give their songs a completely different sound. The only thing Kanye is going to do different in concert than he would on his albums is maybe throw in a couple more "She aint nuthin' but a gold digger!" during that song. Plus 90% of hip hop songs are Song X by Kanye West featuring lil' wayne, jamie foxx, yung jeezy and bing crosby. There's no way your are going to get to see all of those people perform the songs they way they are on the album. You are almost cheated out of the whole experience.

tjbison
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM

I would give my left nut for another AC/DC concert in the dome!!! Does that make me a HICK???:confused:

Tatanka
05-22-2008, 02:23 AM
:smh: Crappy part about this is that as co-promoter, the Dome has to eat at least some of the money it fronted to bring this fool to town.

bison_05
05-22-2008, 03:39 AM
I would give my left nut for another AC/DC concert in the dome!!! Does that make me a HICK???:confused:

nope it would just make you an uno!!