PDA

View Full Version : NCAA tourney

onbison09
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Anyone going? When do the brackets come out? Both Friday sessions on ESPNU (qrts and semis) and placing matches on ESPNU on Saturday and finals on ESPN Sat. night. Should be a heck of a tournament.:nod: :nod:

sambini
03-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Roads going+++

onbison09
03-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Roads going+++
:bowdown: :bowdown: Road:bowdown: :bowdown: . Have fun++++

onbison09
03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Brackets are up-http://www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports/Wrestling/DIWresBrackets.pdf. Hoffman (125) has a bye in the 1st round. Wrestles Joey Fio from Oklahoma (20-8) in the 2nd round. Ryan Adams (149) has a bye in the 1st round and will face the winner of #5 Churella from Michigan (21-3) or Trevor Chinn from Lehigh (27-10). Let's hope for Chinn. Jacob Bryce has #6 Dallas Herbert from Wisconsin (23-4) in the 2nd round. It's definitley not going to be easy but there's always someone that sneaks in to the semis at least. Give em hell Bison!!!!!!!!! http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1414030

onbison09
03-18-2008, 11:46 PM
I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :howdy: :howdy: :howdy: :howdy:

met1990
03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Hoffman wins: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

mn_bison_
03-20-2008, 05:25 PM
When to Bryce and Adams wrestle? Is there a link to the NCAA results?

Hammersmith
03-20-2008, 07:09 PM
When to Bryce and Adams wrestle? Is there a link to the NCAA results?
The live stats are at http://www.intermatwrestle.com/eventscoverage/NCAA2007Div1.htm

Brackets are at http://www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sports/Wrestling/DIWresBrackets.pdf

It looks like Bryce is up next in match 150. Both Hoffman's match 184 and Adams' match 244 will come in tonight's session starting at 6:30. I don't know which matches they're currently on.

edit: I take some of that back, as of 2:10pm, Bryce's match is currently in progress. I'll try to follow it in the following posts.

Hammersmith
03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Ouch. (6)Dallas Herbst of Wisconsin pinned Jacob Bryce in 25 seconds.

Bryce wrestles again tonight in match 319.

Hammersmith
03-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Hoffman lost 6-3 to (1)Angel Escobedo of Indiana U. Goes into the wrestleback bracket tomorrow morning in match 343.

Adams isn't up yet.

CarringtonBison
03-21-2008, 01:56 AM
can it be watched anywhere on direct tv??

thanks

Hammersmith
03-21-2008, 02:11 AM
can it be watched anywhere on direct tv??

thanks

No idea, I'm using live stats.

And Adams is pinned by Josh Wagner of Missouri in 1:00.

CarringtonBison
03-21-2008, 02:18 AM
Adams loses to Churella in the championship bracket and is pinned-knocked out of the tourney by what I see

Hoffman wrestles tomorrow am against Maldonado from Chattanoga

Bryce wrestles Lamar Brown (Rutgers)-first round WB and I dont see the results yet

Hammersmith
03-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Today's recap

Eric Hoffman(125)
Round 1: defeated(14-6) Joey Fio of Oklahoma
Round 2: defeated(3-6) by (1)Angel Escobedo of Indiana
Cons Round 3: Friday morning vs. Javier Maldonado of Chattanooga

Ryan Adams(149)
Round 1: defeated(2-11) by (5)Josh Churella of Michigan
Cons Round 2: pinned(1:00) by Josh Wagner of Missouri
Eliminated

Jacob Bryce(197)
Round 1: pinned(0:25) by (6)Dallas Herbst of Wisconsin
Cons Round 2: defeated(5-11) by Lamar Brown of Rutgers
Eliminated

extremerouge
03-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Hoffman's the last man standing...

onbison09
03-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Tourney's on ESPNU tomorrow starting at 10 AM and semis on at 6 but Hoffman won't be on (just QFs). Boys wrestled really hard today. The guy from Rutgers was really strong, anytime Bryce would try anything he would just get ran over. Hoffman actually gave Escobedo (#1 seed from Indiana) a very good match it's just he's really good. Adams match against Churella was closer than it looked on the board. Defending finalist last year and he gave him a very good match. It's really fun to be here in st. louie.

sambini
03-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Tourney's on ESPNU tomorrow starting at 10 AM and semis on at 6 but Hoffman won't be on (just QFs). Boys wrestled really hard today. The guy from Rutgers was really strong, anytime Bryce would try anything he would just get ran over. Hoffman actually gave Escobedo (#1 seed from Indiana) a very good match it's just he's really good. Adams match against Churella was closer than it looked on the board. Defending finalist last year and he gave him a very good match. It's really fun to be here in st. louie.
Have you seen Road?

mn_bison_
03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Hoffman won his next match...

SlickVic
03-21-2008, 06:08 PM
im just digging the first session of games today...that davidson gonzaga game is great...was just loving the few min they showed off drake western kentucky as well 3 3s got teed up from 30 feet...that curry kid from davidson is super slick his moms pretty fly to hope they show her some more

Hammersmith
03-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Final Recap

Eric Hoffman(125) Tourney final: 2-2
Round 1: defeats(14-6) Joey Fio of Oklahoma
Round 2: defeated(3-6) by (1)Angel Escobedo of Indiana
Cons Round 3: defeats(12-6) Javier Maldonado of Chattanooga
Cons Round 4: defeated(0-3) by (9)Rollie Peterkin of Penn
Eliminated

Ryan Adams(149) Tourney final: 0-2
Round 1: defeated(2-11) by (5)Josh Churella of Michigan
Cons Round 2: pinned(1:00) by Josh Wagner of Missouri
Eliminated

Jacob Bryce(197) Tourney final: 0-2
Round 1: pinned(0:25) by (6)Dallas Herbst of Wisconsin
Cons Round 2: defeated(5-11) by Lamar Brown of Rutgers
Eliminated

Bison Wrestlers: 2-6

sambini
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Hammersmith for the updates++++

onbison09
03-22-2008, 03:17 AM
:offtopic:
im just digging the first session of games today...that davidson gonzaga game is great...was just loving the few min they showed off drake western kentucky as well 3 3s got teed up from 30 feet...that curry kid from davidson is super slick his moms pretty fly to hope they show her some more
WRESTLING THREAD
Don't think I've seen road. I saw someones dad I think after Hoffman's match wearing Bison stuff. Hoffman was two matches away from All-American so all in all not a bad effort. He never quit wrestling in any of his matches. (something that Dustin Schlater can't say IMO). Adams is only a Soph and he's been here 2 times so maybe he can be the first D1 All-American in SU history. Bryce has next year too. Poly has someone in the finals so you don't have to be from Iowa, etc. to get in. Iowa is kicking ass and taking names and they aren't affraid to tell you all about it. Placing matches at 10 AM on ESPNU and finals at 7 on ESPN.

BlueBisonRock
03-22-2008, 05:14 AM
:offtopic:
WRESTLING THREAD
Don't think I've seen road. I saw someones dad I think after Hoffman's match wearing Bison stuff. Hoffman was two matches away from All-American so all in all not a bad effort. He never quit wrestling in any of his matches. (something that Dustin Schlater can't say IMO). Adams is only a Soph and he's been here 2 times so maybe he can be the first D1 All-American in SU history. Bryce has next year too. Poly has someone in the finals so you don't have to be from Iowa, etc. to get in. Iowa is kicking ass and taking names and they aren't affraid to tell you all about it. Placing matches at 10 AM on ESPNU and finals at 7 on ESPN.

Of course, memory fails me. However, I was under the impression that NDSU had a number of D1 All-Americans over the years. Bill Demaray, Brad Rheigans, Bob Backlund, Lee Peterson. In the 70s, a high College division or DII finisher would be given a slot at the DI tourney. I was under the impression that these athletes and a number of others had a top 6 DI finish and qualified for All-American status. Can someone help clairify or refute this?

d3boys
03-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Of course, memory fails me. However, I was under the impression that NDSU had a number of D1 All-Americans over the years. Bill Demaray, Brad Rheigans, Bob Backlund, Lee Peterson. In the 70s, a high College division or DII finisher would be given a slot at the DI tourney. I was under the impression that these athletes and a number of others had a top 6 DI finish and qualified for All-American status. Can someone help clairify or refute this?

I recall Mike Langlais finishing 6th one year and competed two other years in the early 80's

Hammersmith
03-22-2008, 09:15 PM
According to the media guide, there have been five bison who placed in, and 21(including the current 3) who qualified for, the DI tourney. The placers were Bill Demaray(6th in 1971), Lee Petersen(4th in 1973 & 7th in 1974), Brad Rheingans(4th in 1975), Mike Langlais(6th in 1984), and Pat Johannes(7th in 1988). None are listed as DI All-Americans(though Pat and Mike are listed as four time DII All-Americans and Bill and Brad are listed as three timers). Perhaps DII competitors at the DI tourney weren't eligible for DI All-American honors?

(Also, Bob Backlund never competed in the DI tourney, though he did win a DII NC and was a 2x DII AA.)

onbison09
03-22-2008, 09:40 PM
The University of Iowa at Blacksburg has clinched the national title. (rep points to anyone who gets that joke)

onbison09
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
:blush: Shoulda said first All-American of D1 era.

sambini
03-22-2008, 09:57 PM
The University of Iowa at Blacksburg has clinched the national title. (rep points to anyone who gets that joke)
Got it++++++

bisonaudit
03-22-2008, 10:48 PM

LOL, I'm all other that.

roadwarrior
03-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Well, I made it back to snowy Fargo after the tournament. This will be a really fun event when the Bison get more wrestlers into it. Its quite a different environment with wrestlers and fans from 74 different DI schools participating this year.

St Louis has the tournament again next year.

onbison09
03-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, I made it back to snowy Fargo after the tournament. This will be a really fun event when the Bison get more wrestlers into it. Its quite a different environment with wrestlers and fans from 74 different DI schools participating this year.

St Louis has the tournament again next year.
Didn't stay for the finals road??????? WTF? Just kidding.:D Loved the "Let's Go Hokies" chant my Metcalf was out there.

roadwarrior
03-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Didn't stay for the finals road??????? WTF? Just kidding.:D

Yes, I was there for the finals. I had the luxury of a quick return trip home.

onbison09
03-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Damn you know how to travel. Finals got over at 10:30 and home by 1:46, that's what I call getting it done.

sambini
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Called private jet+++

DORMIE
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Sambo, just being a good neighbor.

sambini
03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Sambo, just being a good neighbor.He has great neighbors++++++++++++++++++++++