PDA

View Full Version : worst case senario

bisonmike2
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
What if....

the fargodome expansion falls through. then what? well we have the bsa remodel to look forward to but I wonder if anyone would support playing games at UP center? I for one wouldn't mind. The idea of being stuck in a remodeld BSA for 20 years frightens me and I think the UP center would be a viable option if the dome falls through.

heymch86
03-17-2008, 05:18 PM
i wouldnt mind it either. but there has been post after post about attendance at the BSA, especially student attendance. It would be hard to get just 50 students to go down to the south side of town for a basketball game

bisonmike2
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
i wouldnt mind it either. but there has been post after post about attendance at the BSA, especially student attendance. It would be hard to get just 50 students to go down to the south side of town for a basketball game

Being off site would hurt student attendance but you would think the school could bus people to and from campus for games like the gophers do for the students at football games.

NDSUstudent
03-17-2008, 05:32 PM
The UP Center won't work out, that arena is committed to hockey. They will have USHL games and I think at least three high school teams will be playing there as well. Thankfully, the Dome arena looks like it is on the right track and seems to have a great chance at passing.

ndbisonfan
03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
The UP Center won't work out, that arena is committed to hockey. They will have USHL games and I think at least three high school teams will be playing there as well. Thankfully, the Dome arena looks like it is on the right track and seems to have a great chance at passing.

I sure hope it stays on track also... I really think that the BSA is sometimes the determining factor as to why some recruits choose a different school. NDSU has a lot to offer, the BSA isn't one of them.

Jdubs21
03-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I sure hope it stays on track also... I really think that the BSA is sometimes the determining factor as to why some recruits choose a different school. NDSU has a lot to offer, the BSA isn't one of them.

couldnt agree with you more

bisonmike2
03-21-2008, 04:43 PM

I would think that if the practice rinks get built and NDSU came calling the UP center would make a USHL/HS School and NDSU b-ball schedule work. But yes, the dome arena is definately the way to go, no doubt about it.