PDA

View Full Version : UND is a hockey school

Mr. Burgundy
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Lets keep this away from smack, but I have said this for a while, but it is becoming more and more clear. UND is a hockey school...period. If you see someone wearing a Sioux sweatshirt, they are a hockey fan. They will probably even tell you that they are a Bison football fan.

Their "Administration" is a complete mess. They don't have a complete schedule (even though Dale made it sound pretty solid prior to abandoning ship). They have many issues, but nobody seems to even care. If you go on their football page on SS.com, nobody even talks about stuff. We have a million posts trying to uncover our final game, and they don't even care. Very bizarre. Am I wrong? Is hockey their only ticket? If so, I am sort of glad they are no longer playing against us. I like the passion of SDSU, even though they can't handle us on a regular basis....but they are fun, and I give them credit for trying.

BisonNeil
03-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Lets keep this away from smack, but I have said this for a while, but it is becoming more and more clear. UND is a hockey school...period. If you see someone wearing a Sioux sweatshirt, they are a hockey fan. They will probably even tell you that they are a Bison football fan.

Their "Administration" is a complete mess. They don't have a complete schedule (even though Dale made it sound pretty solid prior to abandoning ship). They have many issues, but nobody seems to even care. If you go on their football page on SS.com, nobody even talks about stuff. We have a million posts trying to uncover our final game, and they don't even care. Very bizarre. Am I wrong? Is hockey their only ticket? If so, I am sort of glad they are no longer playing against us. I like the passion of SDSU, even though they can't handle us on a regular basis....but they are fun, and I give them credit for trying.

SDSU can't handle us on a regular basis? Aren't SDSU and NDSU 2-2 in final four yrs of the transition? And they didn't even have a full complement of scholarships for most of that time. I think they are doing very well.

With that said, I suspect 4 or 5 yrs into the Gateway that Northern Iowa will be our new rivals. We recruit in the same areas and they are the team to beat in the Gateway. I hope NDSU can hang with UNI. Their 2008 recruiting class, by Rivals standards (for whatever that means) is very impressive, and they beat Bohl, et al. in MN on a couple of kids NDSU wanted badly. And who knows, with Lennon at SIU that also has the potential for a heated rivalry.

But, back on point, I don't think there is any question that UND is a hockey school, just like there is no doubt NDSU is a football school. Interestingly, prior to going DI, I would have called SDSU a basketball school, they consistently had the best teams in the old NCC, but they have really struggled in this area so I don't know what you would call them now.

Burgandy, what are you doing hanging around SS.com anyway? I have no desire to lurk around the Sue boards, I think I would feel dirty afterwards.

NDSU1980
03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Mr. B, you forgot to mention that the und men's basketball team lost to almost everyone they played. Womens teams have their problems too. I agree, und only cares about hockey. I really suspect that und football will die on the vine since they don't have much hope of getting a better conference.

I'd also say that in 5 posts, this thread is off to smack. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mr. Burgundy
03-16-2008, 06:56 PM
I just don't see a passionate football fan base for UND. I am sure they will get up for a big Bison vs Sioux game, but they are not 365 days a year fans. The only thing worse than their schedule was their recruiting class. If I was them, I would be happy that they aren't playing us this year. It wouldn't be funny. But, we would get to see how our depth is.

Regarding SDSU, they are playing hard, and stole a win down there this year. I just don't see them as our biggest rival. My opinion. Sort of like when North Carolina plays someone in hoops.....it isn't always their biggest game, but it is to their opponent.

CaBisonFan
03-16-2008, 07:27 PM

I'm not sure that I understand the main point of your article. Seriously

While I agree with 'some' of your opinions, I'm not sure why you want to get into this discussion.

I'm not going to comment a whole lot here, because my emotions run pretty high. I wouldn't be objective, at all.

I'm also not saying that you shouldn't have written it, but I don't know where this could possibly go without becoming smack.

Mr. Burgundy
03-16-2008, 09:15 PM
CaBisonfan....we have all read your "novels" so if you don't like my short opinion, then don't comment. Do you want me to list the topics you have brought up? "SERIOUSLY." I could have some fun with some of the topics that you have brought up.

It is just my opinion that there is not alot of talk for a football team with so many issues.

SloStang
03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=NDSU1980;183636]

I really suspect that und football will die on the vine since they don't have much hope of getting a better conference./QUOTE]

I don't agree with this. Did NDSU die on the vine the last four years in the GWFC? The Gateway is a great conference and a good move for NDSU, but the GWFC was good to NDSU. I am sure it will be good to UND.

TheBisonator
03-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I believe that UND football will eventually become the equivalent of Maine football or Northeastern football. Yeah, it'll be there, but it will be dwarfed by hockey. Think of all the CAA football/America East schools with hockey and football programs, and you'll see that there really is no difference with them and UND.

TheBisonator
03-16-2008, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=NDSU1980;183636]

I really suspect that und football will die on the vine since they don't have much hope of getting a better conference./QUOTE]

I don't agree with this. Did NDSU die on the vine the last four years in the GWFC? The Gateway is a great conference and a good move for NDSU, but the GWFC was good to NDSU. I am sure it will be good to UND.

I don't personally think UND football has any chance of dying, but I really believe that it will end up being a far distant second, maybe even third to their womens hoops team. Again, think Maine football and Northeastern football.

onbison09
03-16-2008, 09:23 PM

Funny this kind of happened to me at a hockey game (I'm a hockey fan :hide: :hide: :hide: ). I was wearing my Bison stuff and we were walking out and there was a guy with a Whioux cap on. Of course I started yelling "Go Bison!!" and stuff like that and the chick that was with starting pumping her fist and stuff and he just stared at me. Not sure what the point of my story is but it was kind of funny. I talk to my uncle who knows Dale Lennon and was a UND football fan b/c of that and he says football is pretty big but hockey is definitley bigger. In their down years the fans don't get that pumped for football. Should be interesting to see how the transition affects things.

BigBison
03-16-2008, 10:09 PM
We all will see how big UND football is when that 25,000 seat retractable roof stadium gets built. ;) And when they get that 400 member band and are signing home and homes with Ohio State whos aready their rival in hockey. Yup, we will all look pretty stupid then.

Seriously, I think that if you went up to teh university and asked them if they were a hockey school I think everyone would agree that they are so I dont see what the point of this post is because everyone knows that they are a hockey school. Thats #1 for them. And why is this post in the football forum?

NDSU1980
03-16-2008, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=NDSU1980;183636]

I didn't mean that as a slam against the Great West. But the Great West only accounts for 4 games. It takes a good AD and a passionate fan base to find the other games. They don't have that at UND. Sorry if you took it wrong. No slam intended against Cal Poly, or the other Great West teams.

THEsocalledfan
03-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I am afraid Mr. Burgundy may be right as much as it pains me to say this. I always knew football was #2 up there, but did not think they would let things get away from them like this where it is barely on the radar screen. They are a proud program, but I can't help but wonder where they are going when all they seem to care about is hockey.

It is a shame. Not sure when they quit caring.

02Bison
03-16-2008, 11:34 PM
What's this doing in the Bison Football thread? Can we stop beating this horse to death? Its already a dead horse!

I wish football season was here so we could have fewer threads like this going!

SDSUJack3031
03-17-2008, 12:31 AM
I just don't see a passionate football fan base for UND. I am sure they will get up for a big Bison vs Sioux game, but they are not 365 days a year fans. The only thing worse than their schedule was their recruiting class. If I was them, I would be happy that they aren't playing us this year. It wouldn't be funny. But, we would get to see how our depth is.

Regarding SDSU, they are playing hard, and stole a win down there this year. I just don't see them as our biggest rival. My opinion. Sort of like when North Carolina plays someone in hoops.....it isn't always their biggest game, but it is to their opponent.

As evidenced by the amount of people you brought to our football game down here. May I ask, who is your rival then?

Bisonguy
03-17-2008, 12:37 AM
Moved this thread to 'News about other schools', as long as it remains civil.

Bison Dan
03-17-2008, 12:16 PM

I think the point Mr. B. is making is look at all of their sports besides hockey & fb. The only one that has done anything is wbb the last 5 years and they choked the last 5 times. Look at their recruiting this year -no soccer, no track, had to go into Canada for their last 2 fb recruits weeks after signing day. They have a couple of girl bb players that are early signers but not DI material. Just hired a soccer coach, and they have no head baseball coach. Mbb team has no recruits so far (this on a team that was not good to start with). I agree with Mr. B. their athletic admin just doesn't care about the "other" sports and it really shows.

lakesbison
03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
ITS A FREAKIN JOKE>>

I met a girl from g.forks, actually had to spend some time up there. (what a waste of life and oxygen up there, I mean, its BAR NONE the worst town in the USA. makes Sioux City Iowa look like Fort Lauderdale.

Im a HUGE HUGE GOPHER HOCKEY FAN, and I agree 10000% with Mr B.

Its HOCKEY period.

IT will be MAINE or NORTHEASTERN or QUINIIPIAC during this transition..

Every freakin RUBE up there has a gay hockey jersey, cant wait til the indians take their name and logo back, HA HA HA HA>

then the NAZI LOVING RUBES CAN BE PUT IN THEIR PLACE.

OFF TO SMACK SECTION in 1....2....

lakesbison
03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
SDSUJACK-----

As evidenced by the amount of people you brought to our football game down here. May I ask, who is your rival then?

Newsflash, we bring that many fans to away football games, cuz we are just that DAM POPULAR!

Tatanka
03-17-2008, 01:34 PM
I always knew football was #2 up there...
More truthful words have rarely been spoken.

UND Football: It doesn't own the record, it IS the record!:nod: :nod:

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1109/1109_crap_care.jpg

met1990
03-17-2008, 02:28 PM
its BAR NONE the worst town in the USA. makes Sioux City Iowa look like Fort Lauderdale.

Maybe since it's Monday, but that has to be one of the funniest lines I've read in a while.

bisonhusker
03-17-2008, 02:36 PM
The last rant from Lakes was a classic. It was like he sent in a "Rant" on the Jim Rome show.....Rack him.

SDSU is like NC State. If you ask NC State who their rival is, they say UNC. If you ask UNC who their rival is...they say Duke. SDSU has been better than I expected, but they have not proven anything to me yet. Do you know how many things had to go PERFECT for them to win that football game? Wait, I forgot...they teach their punt returner to return kicks from his own 4 yard line. My fault. UNI is our future rival....can't wait to start that one this year. SDSU will be .500 this year. But, it is cute they try so hard.

NDSU1980
03-17-2008, 04:11 PM
g.forks I mean, its BAR NONE the worst town in the USA. makes Sioux City Iowa look like Fort Lauderdale.

I have to agree with you about Sioux City. Since they tore their number one tourist attraction down, the stockyards, and replaced it with a Home Depot, Sioux City just isn't the same. But it is still better then GF.

Herd
03-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Now I'm not one to defend the evil empire, but comparing Sue City to Sioux City is out-of-bounds, and surely you are exaggerating. Would I take a job in GF before Sioux City, your damn right, no comparison. (Probably due to proximity to Fargo);)

TheBisonator
03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Now I'm not one to defend the evil empire, but comparing Sue City to Sioux City is out-of-bounds, and surely you are exaggerating. Would I take a job in GF before Sioux City, your damn right, no comparison. (Probably due to proximity to Fargo);)

I've been to Sioux City, and I don't see what makes people hate it. It kind of reminded me of a Duluth on the Prairie with its topography. Would I take a job in SC over GF? You bet I would.

THEsocalledfan
03-18-2008, 12:42 AM
I've been to Sioux City, and I don't see what makes people hate it. It kind of reminded me of a Duluth on the Prairie with its topography. Would I take a job in SC over GF? You bet I would.

Well, Duluth ain't all its cracked up to be either.....trust me, I know.

bincitysioux
03-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Of course hockey will always be #1 at UND. :uhyeah:

Anyone who thinks that is a bad thing is.........ah.......well........uneducated?

To put it politely.

RedRiver
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Of course hockey will always be #1 at UND. :uhyeah:

Anyone who thinks that is a bad thing is.........ah.......well........uneducated?

To put it politely.

Too bad for UND..... No doubt NDSU is very happy with their football and basketball programs.

bisonmike2
03-18-2008, 04:57 PM

I remember in high school we played against a Sioux City team at Sioux City. The smell from the stockyards was so strong I made we want to throw up. I felt like I had played the whole game at my grandpa's pig farm. Downtown Sioux Falls at about 2 to 3 in the morning smells about the same way. I guess Morrell realeases their holding tanks at that time. Trust me you do not want to be downtown during that time.

IowaBisonToo
03-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I remember in high school we played against a Sioux City team at Sioux City. The smell from the stockyards was so strong I made we want to throw up. I felt like I had played the whole game at my grandpa's pig farm. Downtown Sioux Falls at about 2 to 3 in the morning smells about the same way. I guess Morrell realeases their holding tanks at that time. Trust me you do not want to be downtown during that time.

How long ago were you in H.S.? Sioux City stockyards are no more. Morrell is still there, though. Must have played at the Auditorium if you could smell the stockyards as the high schools are quite a ways away from downtown. I live in between Sioux City and Sioux Falls. S.C. gets a bad rap because of it's former rep. Now, you wouldn't catch me letting my wife walk outside after dark on the East side of town but there are some pretty nice parts of S.C. Must remember S.C. is on the Missouri. There was a lot of trade and industry that used that river in the past but not so much anymore. If you're going to stereotype, you can say any river town is like that. Look at the river towns in Eastern Iowa that are on the Mississippi -- Davenport and Dubuque.

bisonmike2
03-18-2008, 06:20 PM
How long ago were you in H.S.? Sioux City stockyards are no more. Morrell is still there, though. Must have played at the Auditorium if you could smell the stockyards as the high schools are quite a ways away from downtown. I live in between Sioux City and Sioux Falls. S.C. gets a bad rap because of it's former rep. Now, you wouldn't catch me letting my wife walk outside after dark on the East side of town but there are some pretty nice parts of S.C. Must remember S.C. is on the Missouri. There was a lot of trade and industry that used that river in the past but not so much anymore. If you're going to stereotype, you can say any river town is like that. Look at the river towns in Eastern Iowa that are on the Mississippi -- Davenport and Dubuque.

12 years ago and actually we may have played at morningsides field. I'm not sure it was the only time I was there. Maybe it's better now, great for them b/c it couldn't have smelled much worse. Sort of like a steamy fart smell.

bisonhusker
03-18-2008, 11:37 PM
The thread starts out about UND and ends up in how bad something stinks......interesting.

bisonmike2
03-18-2008, 11:43 PM
The thread starts out about UND and ends up in how bad something stinks......interesting.

That's no coincidence. I was thinking in my head which would be a shaittier place to live. I'm going with grand forks. Sioux City has cleaned it self up and I could live in north sioux city and be a SoDak citizen (no state income tax! woohoo!).

Shawn-O
03-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I met a girl from g.forks, actually had to spend some time up there.

Another one of your fabrications. Everyone here knows you couldn't get laid in a morgue.

Every freakin RUBE up there has a gay hockey jersey, cant wait til the indians take their name and logo back, HA HA HA HA>

It's the best jersey in collegiate athletics, so why the hell not? Now as for that brown and yellow piece of $hit you'll be putting on....and "gay" jersey? I haven't heard that one since what, seventh grade?

TransAmBison
03-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Another one of your fabrications. Everyone here knows you couldn't get laid in a morgue.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lakesbison
03-19-2008, 12:10 AM
she works at the Tavern Shawn-O.. and you and I BOTH know the girls there aint ugly!

and Yes my Florida State University Hockey jersey I had on at the frozen 4 last year is sweet.. OH and its NCAA sponsered, unlike your logo

Yote 53
03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
I grew up in Sioux City and still live in the area (Vermillion). I agree that Sioux City gets a bad rap because of its past reputation as the lawless border town in western Iowa, and the fact it had the largest stockyards in the world. The place was bound to stink. In the last 15+ years since I graduated high school the town is barely recognizable to what it used to be it has improved so much.

So, the top two reasons to live in Sioux City would be: 1) It could be worse, you could be living in Sioux Falls, or worse, Counciltucky. 2) You are within a 1/2 hour drive of seeing the best collegiate athletics in the state of South Dakota, the University of South Dakota Coyotes.

Just to keep near topic, a third reason would be the ability to see the UND Hockey feeder program, the Sioux City Musketeers.

TransAmBison
03-19-2008, 01:40 AM
and Yes my Florida State University Hockey jersey I had on at the frozen 4 last year is sweet.. OH and its NCAA sponsered, unlike your logo
Now there is a comeback! Well played Lakes!

Shawn-O
03-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Now there is a comeback! Well played Lakes!

He was wearing loaded diaper green and stream yellow in St. Louis last year, so the facts just don't check out.

UTH
03-19-2008, 02:36 AM
He was wearing loaded diaper green and stream yellow in St. Louis last year, so the facts just don't check out.

The story apparently doesn't end there...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Burglarymasturbatingadmitembarrassi.jpg

*still don't understand wtf the point is supposed to be
**first post says no smack
***carefully backing away...

****didn't realize http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/SchutzStaffelSS.png was ever even concerned about relevance in anything but hockey

Shawn-O
03-19-2008, 03:25 AM
***Thinks UND Thundering Herds little footnotes are boring*** What the hell kind of a username is that anyway.

BlueBisonRock
03-19-2008, 03:41 AM
***Thinks UND Thundering Herds little footnotes are boring*** What the hell kind of a username is that anyway.

Can't agree with you there. His footnotes do leave the recipient with an out IF they choose to use them. And, I really do enjoy his posts as well as the perspective he presents. I do admit that I have been curious about the username, but also believe that Under Thunder will share that information in its time.

If it makes you feel better, I will be cheering hard for the Sioux in the WCHA tourney this week. A Gopher Sioux matchup in the final would be great, but is highly unlikely. Since this is a thread about hockey, what's your analysis on the tourney?

lakesbison
03-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Shawn-O yes.. in st louis when the SIOUX got pounded by Boston I had my NDSU jersey on.

but in the championship game, *when sioux fans went back home* I had on the Florida State hockey jersey......

peace out..

Gophers will win vs SCSU and I truly expect the gophs to get to title game.

p.s Okposo looked good in his NHL debut with islanders tonite

NDFAN2
03-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't think the Gophers get past Thursday night. Kangas has been hot, but I don't think he can keep it up.

IowaBisonToo
03-19-2008, 06:22 PM
St Cloud State beats up on the Goophs Thursday night. Any team that can take UND to 2 consecutive ties at this point in the season is a good team. Might be a little better than their record indicates. Sorry, Lakes, you should be a Husky fan (or Clown fan as the Sioux call them). Never could figure that out. Shawn-O, maybe you can fill me in on that one. I finished school (quarters back then) at the end of the '91/'92 season before the rivalry between the two schools ever developed (whatever rivalry there is). Did it have something to do with the Dog Pound?

NDSUstudent
03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
With the way Kangas is playing I don't see St. Cloud beating up on them. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see another overtime game on Thursday for the Gophers.

BlueBisonRock
03-19-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't think the Gophers get past Thursday night. Kangas has been hot, but I don't think he can keep it up.

Kangas has been hot since his junior year at Rochester Century. The Gophers will have all they can do to get past St. Cloud as they have not figured out how to put the puck in the net. Kangas will have another stellar game in the net.

bincitysioux
03-20-2008, 02:28 AM
I don't see the Gophers getting past St. Cloud tomorrow night. They will have the crowd on their side, and the atmosphere will be great, but they do not have the talent on offense this year. Quite frankly, they are outmatched against St. Cloud. I expect UND to be the favorite. Denver will probably be a tougher matchup than CC if we get that far.

NorthernBison
03-20-2008, 02:37 AM
I agree with the comment about the Gopher's problems on offense. On the other hand, this is hockey and the most talented teams don't always win because scoring tends to be low, especially in post-season play where the refs swallow the whistle. Otherwise, how could anybody explain UND getting pushed to the limit last weekend by Tech at the Ralph?

In a one game deal, anybody can lose because there are too many ways to get beat by fluke goals while a hot goalie on the other end stops everything.

NDSUstudent
03-20-2008, 03:30 AM
I don't see the Gophers getting past St. Cloud tomorrow night. They will have the crowd on their side, and the atmosphere will be great, but they do not have the talent on offense this year. Quite frankly, they are outmatched against St. Cloud. I expect UND to be the favorite. Denver will probably be a tougher matchup than CC if we get that far.

Never underestimate a team with a hot goalie and Kangas is playing great right now.

Shawn-O
03-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Saw Kupchella tonight...he told me to send a big BOY HOWDY!!! to my friends at the AC

Now for the hockey news.

Play-in Game: Kangas stands on his head yet again, but not enough punch for those lovable Goofs, STC 2 UMtC 1.

Friday Afternoon: Typical UND-DU slugfest. UND 4 DU 2 Oshie gets 2, one empty netter.

Friday Night: Goephert not there to save the Huskies this time, CC 5 STC 2.

Finals: Sioux lock up the auto bid and a number one seed, UND 4 CC 3.

BlueBisonRock
03-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Saw Kupchella tonight...he told me to send a big BOY HOWDY!!! to my friends at the AC

Now for the hockey news.

Play-in Game: Kangas stands on his head yet again, but not enough punch for those lovable Goofs, STC 2 UMtC 1.

Friday Afternoon: Typical UND-DU slugfest. UND 4 DU 2 Oshie gets 2, one empty netter.

Friday Night: Goephert not there to save the Huskies this time, CC 5 STC 2.

Finals: Sioux lock up the auto bid and a number one seed, UND 4 CC 3.

Thanks for the prognostication. I buy all but the SC / Gopher pick even though the Gophs earned a tie and a loss when they played SC. Mankato should have had them but the Gophs just would not go down. They are driven by tradition ... just like some other teams we support.

I would like to see a Sioux - Gopher final, but expect a Sioux - CC final with the Sioux coming out on top.

At any rate, here is to the old upstate rivals. Best to you in the WCHA playoffs!

**(this Sioux support is part of the dowery I paid to marry the love of my life)

Shawn-O
03-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the prognostication. I buy all but the SC / Gopher pick even though the Gophs earned a tie and a loss when they played SC. Mankato should have had them but the Gophs just would not go down. They are driven by tradition ... just like some other teams we support.

I would like to see a Sioux - Gopher final, but expect a Sioux - CC final with the Sioux coming out on top.

At any rate, here is to the old upstate rivals. Best to you in the WCHA playoffs!

Thanks! We'll take all the puck luck we can get! It's the...MOST...WONDERFUL...TIME.....OF THE YEEEAAAR!! March Madness Hoops...Mardi Gras of College Hockey in St. Paul.....you can't beat it!!!!

BlueBisonRock outkicked his coverage!!! he he!

lakesbison
03-21-2008, 01:43 AM
2 to 1 gophs! in 3rd

BlueBisonRock
03-21-2008, 02:49 AM
What a game. Gophers 3 St. Cloud 2 with Howe scoring with 12.7 seconds left. Kangas made an outstanding save on a breakaway to keep the score tied at 2.

Do the Gophers have enough left to give CC a game tomorrow?

Shawn-O
03-21-2008, 02:47 PM
What a game. Gophers 3 St. Cloud 2 with Howe scoring with 12.7 seconds left. Kangas made an outstanding save on a breakaway to keep the score tied at 2.

Do the Gophers have enough left to give CC a game tomorrow?

Great game last nite. Gophers got a gift 5-on-3 from Little Shep and took advantage. He gave the same gift to St.Cloud, they looked it in the mouth. Goofs deserved it.

NDFAN2
03-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Yea, but CC is going to end their hopes tonight.

lakesbison
03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Team of destiny!!

WIN IT FOR POHLLY!!

p.s- imagine if okposo & kessel & eric johnson were still on the team. WOW.

wouldn't kessel & ej be seniors?

my family was at the game last night and said it was crazy!! every freakin bar was packed down XCEL with craziness I guess.

BlueBisonRock
03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
On paper, it looks like CC. But the Gophers are on a roll. Kangas is in the zone. Lucia has really stepped up. And others on the team appear to be moving away from the 'deer in the headlights' look to one of focus. This should be an interesting hockey game.

Sioux - Denver will also be a close and hard played game. The Sioux have really improved their play over the last two plus months, but Denver always plays hard.

On paper, it would look like a CC - Sioux matchup for the WCHA tourney championship. However, there is a chance that we could be watching the Gophers & Sioux. That would be real interesting as my Gopher graduate daughter will be home to mix it up with her Sioux hockey lovin' Mom. Could be an interesting Saturday night at Rock's house! ;)

THEsocalledfan
03-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Now, I am not the hockey hater like many on this board, but I must admit this is a bit strange in the football section. It very denegrating to a much superior sport.

I would suggest this get moved out of this sacred space to somewhere less important.

NDFAN2
03-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Ummm. No.

BlueBisonRock
03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Now, I am not the hockey hater like many on this board, but I must admit this is a bit strange in the football section. It very denegrating to a much superior sport.

I would suggest this get moved out of this sacred space to somewhere less important.

Sorry for any offense. I reviewed the forum heading and location before entering anything.

Topic: 'UND is a hockey school'.

Location of the topic: Bisonville Forums > Other Topics > News About Other Schools

I agree that Football is the premier sport along with Baseball. They are followed by Wrestling, Hockey and Basketball. I don't understand hockey as well as the premier sports, but certainly do enjoy the action, intensity, and the athleticism that the game requires.

The WCHA tourney is a big event regarding two other schools in our neighborhood as well as a sport that is in the middle of its conference and national tournaments.

Where on the Bisonville forum would you recommend that this topic be located?

d3boys
03-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Team of destiny!!

WIN IT FOR POHLLY!!

p.s- imagine if okposo & kessel & eric johnson were still on the team. WOW.

my family was at the game last night and said it was crazy!! every freakin bar was packed down XCEL with craziness I guess.

I believe johnson would be only a sophmore and kessel would be a senior

NorthernBison
03-22-2008, 04:51 AM
I agree with the comment about the Gopher's problems on offense. On the other hand, this is hockey and the most talented teams don't always win because scoring tends to be low, especially in post-season play where the refs swallow the whistle. Otherwise, how could anybody explain UND getting pushed to the limit last weekend by Tech at the Ralph?

In a one game deal, anybody can lose because there are too many ways to get beat by fluke goals while a hot goalie on the other end stops everything.

Quoting myself is probably a breach of ettiquette but I just had to do it. I'm not saying I called it but I'm just saying. Gophers win in OT on a shot from a shallow angle that deflects off a defenseman and then off the back of the goalie's shoulder. Hmmm. In the first semifinal, UND loses on basically a 1 on 4 where the Denver player flips a backhander into the upper corner over Lammy's shoulder. Hmmmm.

I'll bet that very few people thought UND and CC would be playing the afternoon game Saturday and UM and DU would be playing in the evening. That would have been probably my last prediction.

BlueBisonRock
03-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Quoting myself is probably a breach of ettiquette but I just had to do it. I'm not saying I called it but I'm just saying. Gophers win in OT on a shot from a shallow angle that deflects off a defenseman and then off the back of the goalie's shoulder. Hmmm. In the first semifinal, UND loses on basically a 1 on 4 where the Denver player flips a backhander into the upper corner over Lammy's shoulder. Hmmmm.

I'll bet that very few people thought UND and CC would be playing the afternoon game Saturday and UM and DU would be playing in the evening. That would have been probably my last prediction.

Good call. Unfortunately, we also need to acknowledge Lakes for calling a Denver - Gopher Final (even though he did state this as a frozen four final - I think we need to understand what he tried to say rather than what he actually did say). The Gopher win did not surprise me but the winning goal did. There was no stopping that shot. (Reminds me of the Bird - Jordan McDonalds commercial from a number of years ago).

The Denver win did surprise as two defenders just skated along side rather than forchecking.

The Gophers could make history tomorrow IF they can take it to Denver. And they are on a roll!

BTW Northern - Reps on the call!

Tatanka
03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Actually, UND lost when they failed to capitalize on not one, but two 5 on 3 advantages. :smh:

lakesbison
03-22-2008, 08:01 PM
OH YEA!! I WONT RUB IT IN!!

BUT I CALLED IT!!

THE GOPHER GAMES HAVE BEEN AMAZING HOCKEY.. IM SO PROUD OF THEM!

IF WE CAN RIDE KANGAS for 3 more games. ILL BE IN DENVER AT THE FROZEN FOUR (sorry for not calling it the final 5 earlier, dumb dumb me)

best line of the night " ah, sioux fans, what time is that 3rd place game?"

onbison09
03-22-2008, 09:48 PM
WE are you a Gopher fan all of a sudden???? (not knocking you b/c I cheer for the UM hockey team too) How is Pohl doing?? Sioux win 3rd place game 4-2 and probably clinch #1 seed.

Hammersmith
03-22-2008, 11:11 PM
WE are you a Gopher fan all of a sudden???? (not knocking you b/c I cheer for the UM hockey team too) How is Pohl doing?? Sioux win 3rd place game 4-2 and probably clinch #1 seed.

According to Kevin Fee at the Herald, Pohl is at home doing well.

BlueBisonRock
03-22-2008, 11:38 PM

Story on Tom Pohl from the Trib:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/16908556.html

He is home in Red Wing and is now working through recovery with real positive family and team support.

lakesbison
03-22-2008, 11:41 PM
pohl is fine. Im a GOPHER HOCKEY FAN since I was a kid.

Nick Checco & Mike Crowley partied with me at ottertail lake!! their' my boys!!

my lil bro went to st johns/st bens with Paul Martin & Blake Wheeler sister's.... oh PLUS they hate the sioux.. like me. .hehe.

AND BECUZ NDSU DOESNT HAVE A DAM HOCKEY TEAM!! ARGH!!

Urban Plains Center & Dean Blais= NDSU HOCKEY in 2010 !!

tjbison
03-23-2008, 12:08 AM
pohl is fine. Im a GOPHER HOCKEY FAN since I was a kid.

Nick Checco & Mike Crowley partied with me at ottertail lake!! their' my boys!!

my lil bro went to st johns/st bens with Paul Martin & Blake Wheeler sister's.... oh PLUS they hate the sioux.. like me. .hehe.

AND BECUZ NDSU DOESNT HAVE A DAM HOCKEY TEAM!! ARGH!!

Urban Plains Center & Dean Blais= NDSU HOCKEY in 2010 !!

That would suck!!:banghead:

lakesbison
03-23-2008, 12:11 AM
NO YOU SUCK!! (from Billy Madison!!) ha ha

TIME FOR THE GOPHER CHAMP HOCKEY PARTY!!

GO GOPHERS!!! TEAM OF DESTINY!!!

Shawn-O
03-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Pretty fun weekend...Sioux at least split and salvage a #1 seed. Peter Mannino is FINALLY a senior, he's been a thorn in UND's side in the post season since day one. Selection show in about an hour, and the games start counting next weekend! If Friday's UND team shows up, it will be a short stay. If Saturday's, then could be a nice run...we'll see I guess.

Tatanka
03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, Saturday's team was a vast improvement. Scoring 3 on the PP against the best PK in the conference was a breath of fresh air. :nod:

onbison09
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Selection show at 10:30 on ESPN2....

onbison09
03-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Gophs in Northeast region against BC at 7:30 on Saturday. Other teams are Miami and Air Force. Should be tough since it's in MA.

Shawn-O
03-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Sioux on their way to Madison, play Princeton. Denver vs Wisconsin on the other side of the bracket.

lakesbison
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
shawn- you guys got lucky that wisconsin is absolutely horrible this year.

my cousin is a huge wisconsin fan... and he said "Lakes, normally wisconsin would have your backs versus the Pioux, but this year, we suck"

so see you in Denver Shawn-O, just hope that the gophs make a 2 game win streak with kangas and make it a FUN WEEKEND DOWN IN DENVER!!

Mr. Burgundy
03-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Since there are only 16 D1 hockey schools, can't there just be a really awesome tourney at the end of the year....winner take all? Why all the drama on who get there? How did Ferris State and Quinnapiac do this year?

aces1180
03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Since there are only 16 D1 hockey schools, can't there just be a really awesome tourney at the end of the year....winner take all? Why all the drama on who get there? How did Ferris State and Quinnapiac do this year?

I was wondering the same thing about Alabama-Birmingham.

tcbison
03-23-2008, 11:44 PM
I was wondering the same thing about Alabama-Birmingham.

I was wondering about Alabama-Huntsville.

Shawn-O
03-24-2008, 12:34 AM
shawn- you guys got lucky that wisconsin is absolutely horrible this year.

my cousin is a huge wisconsin fan... and he said "Lakes, normally wisconsin would have your backs versus the Pioux, but this year, we suck"

so see you in Denver Shawn-O, just hope that the gophs make a 2 game win streak with kangas and make it a FUN WEEKEND DOWN IN DENVER!!

BC is a tough draw, but I think the winner of that game advances to Denver. Hopefully see you there.

Tatanka
03-24-2008, 12:45 AM
I have a green tinsel mullet wig that won't be making the trip to Denver this year, if anyone wants to borrow it send me a PM. :blush:

aces1180
03-24-2008, 12:58 AM
I was wondering about Alabama-Huntsville.

Thanks for the correction. I knew it was somewhere along the Gulf Coast, where is ice is available by Mother Nature.

onbison09
03-24-2008, 02:59 AM
There are 52 D1 hockey teams by my count. 10-15 of them MIGHT have a legitimate shot to win it. You would get a lot of blowout games. Plus there's the logistical nightmare of sending 52 teams all over the country at common sites. Nice idea but it won't happen. Brackets-http://www.uscho.com/pdf/general/2008bracket.pdf

Flanders
03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
There are 59 D-I Hockey teams.

IowaBisonToo
03-24-2008, 01:42 PM

That's a fairly unintelligent post. Before spouting off about non-DI schools (other than hockey) not being relevant, do some homework, go into the NCAA archives and take a look at how many non-DI schools have won NCs. Not that I'm a fan of the team to the North but take a look at how many they have.

Bison Dan
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
That's a fairly unintelligent post. Before spouting off about non-DI schools (other than hockey) not being relevant, do some homework, go into the NCAA archives and take a look at how many non-DI schools have won NCs. Not that I'm a fan of the team to the North but take a look at how many they have.

That's the whole point - what other sport can a non- DI school compete for a NC? The answer is .............None! Without support from the non-DI schools it would disappear to a different division. Like I've always have said that if a school was really after a DI NC they start a hockey program!

RedRiver
03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Isn't Colorado College a Division III institution? I believe that they have won DI hockey titles. That's what I don't like about hockey, there are a majority of teams that aren't even DI institutions.

bincitysioux
03-25-2008, 12:18 AM
That's the whole point - what other sport can a non- DI school compete for a NC? The answer is .............None! Without support from the non-DI schools it would disappear to a different division. Like I've always have said that if a school was really after a DI NC they start a hockey program!

Actually, any DII school could play up to DI in any one sport that it wanted to except for football or basketball. One men's and one women's, that's the rule. NDSU could have been DI in wrestling and softball years ago if they chose to, for example. Since there is no DII NCAA championship in hockey or LaCrosse, schools can elect to participate in the DI or DIII divisions, in which the NCAA sponsors a championship.

Scooter1
03-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Actually, any DII school could play up to DI in any one sport that it wanted to except for football or basketball. One men's and one women's, that's the rule. NDSU could have been DI in wrestling and softball years ago if they chose to, for example. Since there is no DII NCAA championship in hockey or LaCrosse, schools can elect to participate in the DI or DIII divisions, in which the NCAA sponsors a championship.

His point was that it is easier to win a D1 championship in hockey because no one (most colleges in the US) really give a shit about the sport. That is why you have to click on a dropdown under other college sports just to get to the college hockey section on espn.go.com. Heck, if hockey was so huge why don't all of the big ten schools have hockey programs? They are after all right in the center of hockey country.

To drive home my point...
Major colleges that have hockey....Boston, Mich St, Ohio st, Michigan, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Wisconsin...that's it.
Major Colleges that have wrestling...Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Iowa St, Nebraska, Oklahoma St, Penn St, Missouri, Pittsburg, Oklahoma, Stanford, Mayland, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Arizona St, Oregon, Oregon St....

Shawn-O
03-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Here's another idea: Let the handful of people on this board that care about college hockey discuss it here, in a single thread, without the same lame-ass "number of schools" debate. If you don't like or care about the sport, stay the f___ out. And if you don't like that, and wish me to take my a__ back to SiouxSports.com, take it up with the admin. Back to hockey.

DIBISON
03-25-2008, 02:54 AM
People are just making valid points, don't let the facts get you so upset!!

Shawn-O
03-25-2008, 03:00 AM
People are just making valid points, don't let the facts get you so upset!!

The Frozen Four is the third most profitable NCAA event, behind the men's basketball and men's lacrosse.

lakesbison
03-25-2008, 03:01 AM
I got Shawn -O's back.

Its a HOCKEY thread. feel free to walk away.

tjbison
03-25-2008, 03:09 AM
The Frozen Four is the third most profitable NCAA event, behind the men's basketball and men's lacrosse.

Are those facts???:D

j/k had to ask!

When does the Frozen Four get started?

sambini
03-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Frozen Four in Denver? If so visit Diamond Jims downtown Denver very good cabaret.

Shawn-O
03-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Frozen Four in Denver? If so visit Diamond Jims downtown Denver very good cabaret.

Yes, and that sounds like a plan. Diamond Steakhouse and Cabaret, right? Coors brewery tour "on-tap" for Friday. Sorry Sam-O.

sambini
03-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Yes, and that sounds like a plan. Diamond Steakhouse and Cabaret, right? Coors brewery tour "on-tap" for Friday. Sorry Sam-O.
Well have a good time. If you get to Fort Collins Anhueser-Busch has brewery tours also. Hope you get there Shawn-O. HAVE A GOOD TIME+++

BlueBisonRock
03-25-2008, 04:08 AM
I got Shawn -O's back.

Its a HOCKEY thread. feel free to walk away.

Here is a first. I agree with Lakes. :bow:

Lots of teams from the neighborhood in this tourney. Chances are there will be someone we know playing in the championship even if the Sioux and Gophers are eliminated. Lets give these kids their due. Or simply follow Lakes advice and move to the next thread. :cheers:

lakesbison
03-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Brew Tour's is a staple of the Frozen Four lately.

St paul summit brew tour
Milwaukee miller brew tour
st louis bud brew tour
denver coors tour.

wheres 2009 at again?? they better have a god dam brewery!!

BlueBisonRock
03-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Well now, let’s have a bit of fun with this playoff. :innocent:

Frozen Four Prognostication:

Michigan
C C
UND
and the Gophers getting just enough offensive support to take advantage of the hot goalie. :praying:

:paperbag:

Hambone
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Brew Tour's is a staple of the Frozen Four lately.

St paul summit brew tour
Milwaukee miller brew tour
st louis bud brew tour
denver coors tour.

wheres 2009 at again?? they better have a god dam brewery!!

For some reason I think 2009 is in Washington DC. I could be wrong, but for some reason that sticks in my mind.....

RedRiver
03-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Here's another idea: Let the handful of people on this board that care about college hockey discuss it here, in a single thread, without the same lame-ass "number of schools" debate. If you don't like or care about the sport, stay the f___ out. And if you don't like that, and wish me to take my a__ back to SiouxSports.com, take it up with the admin. Back to hockey.

Hey, the debates about the small total number of DI hockey programs and the fact that DII and DIII institutions are eligible for the national championship are legitimate discussion points about college hockey. Just because someone mentions these facts doesn't mean that they don't care about college hockey. They should have every right to post those facts without getting put down by those that don't want those facts to be openly discussed.

Scooter1
03-25-2008, 02:14 PM

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
I'm rubber you are glue....
The lame ass # of schools reference hurts
Because it is true.
Now excuse me...I think that powerhouse school Niagra is going to be playing soon.

Back to hockey.....Go Gophers!!!! Sioux Suck.

Shawn-O
03-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Because it is true.
Now excuse me...I think that powerhouse school Niagra is going to be playing soon.

Fair enough. I'll stick to the attendance and profit numbers. I do feel better after that outburst, though.

Flanders
03-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Because it is true.

Hmmm...you're pretending to be a Gopher's fan but at the same time criticizing Division I hockey. Nice try.

sambini
03-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Go to Diamond Jims in Denver. Have a couch dance and get some stress relief.

Shawn-O
03-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Go to Diamond Jims in Denver. Have a couch dance and get some stress relief.

Free cover with Frozen Four ticket, $20 table dance, and off to the naughty room!!!!!

badger04
03-26-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm going to the games in Madison and wearing my Bison sweatshirt and hat. We are going cheer for anybody except the SUEEEEEEE

lakesbison
03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
badger04.. HELL YEA!!

my cousin and 4 buds will be there too rooting for the badgers and AGAINST the SUE!

he's going to wear my NDSU jersey for the und-princeton game. haha.

Scooter1
03-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Hmmm...you're pretending to be a Gopher's fan but at the same time criticizing Division I hockey. Nice try.

If you would pay attention, for the longest time my signature said...

BISON FOOTBALL/GOPHER HOCKEY

In fact I have stated in the past that I am a big Gopher hockey fan. That still doesn't change the facts that not many MAJOR colleges have hockey. And, if in doing so I just happen to point out that the team I love to hate (und) is NOT a major college...so be it. At least I root for one of those Major colleges. I am from Minnesota BTW so rooting for the Gophers come naturally for me. Do some research before posting please.
p.s. ironically I am sitting here wearing a gopher hockey sweatshirt that is at least 15 years old and getting to ratty to wear out of the house. If I show up to the pizza party for the spring game I'll make sure I wear it to prove my loyalties.

tony
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
If I show up to the pizza party for the spring game I'll make sure I wear it to prove my loyalties.

Hehe, I don't think Flanders will be at the Bison spring game pizza party - he's a UND fan.

Scooter1
03-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Hehe, I don't think Flanders will be at the Bison spring game pizza party - he's a UND fan.

Hehe, why do you think I edited my post to take yet another opportunity to state that und is not a major university?

lakesbison
03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
UND ISNT A HOCKEY SCHOOL TODAY ON SU NDAY!!!

down 1-0 12 min left in 2nd..

HEHEHEHEHEHE!

I cant believe im cheering for a wisconsin team.

lakesbison
03-31-2008, 12:42 AM
MAKE THAT 2- 0 badgers..

wow.. the sioux are stunned.. aint even working hard in 2nd and totally getting dominated... UNREAL..

My cousin just called me.. he's there and wearing a NDSU shirt!!!! hell yea!!

Shawn-O
03-31-2008, 01:37 AM
MAKE THAT 2- 0 badgers..

wow.. the sioux are stunned.. aint even working hard in 2nd and totally getting dominated... UNREAL..

My cousin just called me.. he's there and wearing a NDSU shirt!!!! hell yea!!

YOU WERE SAYING???????

OT coming up.

lakesbison
03-31-2008, 01:40 AM
man.. can you believe that crap??

wow...... ill give you credit shawn-o..

und played SOOO crappy in the 2nd, i never expected OT..

once again the BISONVILLE JINX lives on. when you spout off and type a IN GAME SCORE.... it usually backfires..

Hambone
03-31-2008, 02:03 AM
Sorry Lakes - UND going to Denver after winning in OT.

Mr. Burgundy
03-31-2008, 02:13 AM
I started this thread stating UND is a hockey school....and I was right. Congrats on that win. Huge. They have a ton of issues in basketball and football. Scheduling, coaching, AD, mascot...nobody talks about any of it....but they live and die hockey. It is almost like their are UND fans and then their are UND hockey fans. Congrats on the big win.

lakesbison
03-31-2008, 02:46 AM
well.. i just gave up my frozen four ticket.... dam sioux!

ill never cheer for a god dam wisconsin team ever again!!

Shawn-O
03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
well.. i just gave up my frozen four ticket.... dam sioux!

ill never cheer for a god dam wisconsin team ever again!!

You're not going????!!!! :confused:

lakesbison
03-31-2008, 01:10 PM
I doubt it. Im too jaded.

besides.. im having issues with a lil blonde problem......

our whole crew is going still.. 6 people, 4 SCSU guys and 2 Goph fans.

Flanders
04-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Sambini, last year you gave me Imo's in St. Louis. Any place in Denver you'd like to share with me this year? Thanks in advance.

sambini
04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Diamond Jims Cabaret....

aces1180
04-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Sambini, last year you gave me Imo's in St. Louis. Any place in Denver you'd like to share with me this year? Thanks in advance.

Eric Cartman thinks Casa Bonita is awesome!

Flanders
04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Diamond Jims Cabaret....
Steaks and dancers? Sounds like heaven. Thanks.

lakesbison
04-04-2008, 01:08 PM
ACES..

what about "CITY WOK"? ha ha.. if anyone knows South Park , thats some funny stuff right there.

Bison bison
04-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Diamond Jims Cabaret....

that sounds like a whorehouse.

NDSUFREAK
04-04-2008, 06:22 PM
ACES..

what about "CITY WOK"? ha ha.. if anyone knows South Park , thats some funny stuff right there.
THOSE DAMN MONGOWIANS!!

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 12:42 AM
THOSE DAMN MONGOWIANS!!

They gonna get shweet n shour poak dumped all ova their heads. Shweet n shour poak sho shticky...

LOL

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
BTW, sorry to hijack, but one more South Park thing, then I'm done hijacking:

(From this week's episode)

Canada on strike, from Vancouver to St. John's,
We'll stick our middle fingers up for you to sit upon,
And with our fingers up your ass, we'll sing into the mike,
It's CANADA.... ON STRIKE!!!!!!

God Bless Stephen Abootman and the WGA. The World Canadian Bureau!!!

Shawn-O
04-05-2008, 01:14 AM
What state is South Park in? If Google Maps is right, I'm headed there VERY SOON! Competing for national championships is FUN!!!!!!!!! :D

THEsocalledfan
04-05-2008, 01:39 AM
National championship of what? A second rate, joke sport that real division 1 colleges don't even play?

NDSU1980
04-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey NDB2, it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what's written on the blackboard. I was no math whiz~in fact I got a C in Statistics from Doris Hertsgard~but even I know the sue and GF have no real purpose.

Shawn-O
04-05-2008, 01:46 AM
National championship of what? A second rate, joke sport that real division 1 colleges don't even play?

Like FCS? POT...MEET KETTLE!*

*EVERYONE...I'D LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT TSCF AND I ARE FRIENDS!!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Martin_Prince_head.png

Mr. Burgundy
04-05-2008, 02:00 AM
If UND can get bast the hot goaltending of Ferris State, I think they have a real shot at Quinnipiac. I will be rooting them on while watching ESPN 8. "The Ocho."

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 02:16 AM
If UND can get bast the hot goaltending of Ferris State, I think they have a real shot at Quinnipiac. I will be rooting them on while watching ESPN 8. "The Ocho."

Don't forget Alaska-Fairbanks, Clarkson, American International, Bentley, Alabama-Huntsville, Nebraska-Omaha, St. Cloud State, Bemidji State, Minnesota State-Mankato, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, Mercyhurst, Colorado College, Alaska-Anchorage, Massachusetts-Lowell ...

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Just to clear things up:

The eight (yes eight) schools in DI hockey that have BCS conference football teams (incl. Notre Dame):

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan
Boston College
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Connecticut

The five schools that have non-BCS FBS football teams:

Miami (OH)
Air Force
Western Michigan
Bowling Green
Army

The schools that have FCS football:

Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
Dartmouth
Brown
Colgate
Robert Morris
New Hampshire
Northeastern
Massachusetts
Maine
Holy Cross (All these schools are NE DI mid-majors)

The other non-football DI schools:

Denver
Providence (Only high-major non-football)
Vermont
Boston U.
Quinnipiac
Niagara
Sacred Heart
Canisius

That leaves 25 schools that aren't even DI:

St. Cloud State
Minnesota State-Mankato
Michigan Tech
Alaska-Anchorage
Colorado College
North Dakota
Minnesota-Duluth (7 out of 10 WCHA teams were DII or below this year)
Massachusetts-Lowell
Merrimack
Rensselaer
St. Lawrence
Union
Clarkson
Bemidji State
Wayne State (MI)
Alabama-Huntsville
Lake Superior State
Alaska-Fairbanks
Nebraska-Omaha
Northern Michigan
Ferris State
Rochester Institute of Technology (Ironically, I may end up going to grad school here)
American International
Bentley
Mercyhurst

So basically UND fans, here's a list of all the schools in DI hockey that are worth a damn on an athletic level (I'm not counting Ivy Leagues here):

Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Notre Dame
Boston College
Michigan State
Ohio State
Connecticut
Army
Miami (OH)
Western Michigan
Bowling Green
Air Force
Massachusetts

New Hampshire and Maine are on the bubble.

All the rest are irrelevant schools to the minds of 99 percent of college sports fans. in effect, you have less than 1/4 of the 59 teams in college hockey that sports fans might be inclined to give a crap about. Thank You.

BlueBisonRock
04-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Hey NDB2, it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what's written on the blackboard. I was no math whiz~in fact I got a C in Statistics from Doris Hertsgard~but even I know the sue and GF have no real purpose.

Thanks for the memory. Doris was one excellent instructor (as was Thor). I took four math classes from her and (for the first three) consistently got the highest B in the class. (yes, I am whining, but I did finally get my A). Is she still on campus?

Back to your point: Your inference regarding our friends up north is supported by the statistical facts. :biggrin: The sig line tells it all!

DIBISON
04-05-2008, 04:49 AM
Just to clear things up:

The eight (yes eight) schools in DI hockey that have BCS conference football teams (incl. Notre Dame):

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan
Boston College
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Connecticut

The five schools that have non-BCS FBS football teams:

Miami (OH)
Air Force
Western Michigan
Bowling Green
Army

The schools that have FCS football:

Princeton
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
Dartmouth
Brown
Colgate
Robert Morris
New Hampshire
Northeastern
Massachusetts
Maine
Holy Cross (All these schools are NE DI mid-majors)

The other non-football DI schools:

Denver
Providence (Only high-major non-football)
Vermont
Boston U.
Quinnipiac
Niagara
Sacred Heart
Canisius

That leaves 25 schools that aren't even DI:

St. Cloud State
Minnesota State-Mankato
Michigan Tech
Alaska-Anchorage
Colorado College
North Dakota
Minnesota-Duluth (7 out of 10 WCHA teams were DII or below this year)
Massachusetts-Lowell
Merrimack
Rensselaer
St. Lawrence
Union
Clarkson
Bemidji State
Wayne State (MI)
Alabama-Huntsville
Lake Superior State
Alaska-Fairbanks
Nebraska-Omaha
Northern Michigan
Ferris State
Rochester Institute of Technology (Ironically, I may end up going to grad school here)
American International
Bentley
Mercyhurst

So basically UND fans, here's a list of all the schools in DI hockey that are worth a damn on an athletic level (I'm not counting Ivy Leagues here):

Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Notre Dame
Boston College
Michigan State
Ohio State
Connecticut
Army
Miami (OH)
Western Michigan
Bowling Green
Air Force
Massachusetts

New Hampshire and Maine are on the bubble.

All the rest are irrelevant schools to the minds of 99 percent of college sports fans. in effect, you have less than 1/4 of the 59 teams in college hockey that sports fans might be inclined to give a crap about. Thank You.

Awesome post!! The truth doesn't lie!!

Shawn-O
04-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Sorry, no time for smack right now...busy making arrangements for DENVER...another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in the works...how did the BYE-SIN do in the wrestlebacks?

TransAmBison
04-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry, no time for smack right now...busy making arrangements for DENVER...another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in the works...how did the BYE-SIN do in the wrestlebacks?
If I cared about curling that would have really hurt.

02Bison
04-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Awesome post!! The truth doesn't lie!!

It wasn't exactly what I would call an awesome post. Ignorant might be a more appropriate adjective for it. An exercise in critical thinking indicates this post is really ripping on any collegiate institution that isn't exclusively D1 in its athletics. In case you have already forgotten, the Bison built their strong legacy and tradition in Division II. You may say what you will about how DII athletics have been watered down, etc but the roots of the Bison tradition we all know today were planted in D2. They always will be too. Great things most often start and grow out of lesser things. The strong DII roots are what allowed the Bison to go DI and be successful. From its humble beginnings as the NDAC Farmers & Aggies, to Stan Borleske wanting a more fierce mascot and changing the football mascot to the Bison in 1919, to Dobie, Mudra, Earhardt, Morton, Hager etc...NDSU's football program (as well as other athletic & academic programs) have progressed to what they are today because of the foundation laid yesteryear. A plant/tree with no roots, is nothing. Same with the Bison. Without their past in DII, they would be nothing today in DI.

So what if DI hockey has a lot of schools in it that are DII or DIII in other sports? You can expect that given the regional nature of hockey. The fact of the matter is DI hockey is the highest level of hockey there is at the Collegiate level and its a pretty competitive grouping of schools. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it or talk about it. Please, for the sake of civility, stop polluting this board with petty bickering about it.

To those of you Bison fans who still seem to think this DI move needed to come with a superiority complex, I implore you to stop the pettines. The Bison tradition of excellence demands excellence from fans as well. And true excllence is grounded in humbleness, humility, and good sportsmanship. This is more than just being PC...this is thinking, acting, and doing the right thing. The Aggie, Bison, & NDSU tradition demands it!

UTH
04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
If I cared about curling that would have really hurt.

Well, give him this much - he is admitting that DI Wrestling and the college Hockey are on par with each other. That's a pretty big admission, especially when it's coming from a fan of http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/SchutzStaffelSS.pngU.

56BISON73
04-05-2008, 07:46 PM
It wasn't exactly what I would call an awesome post. Ignorant might be a more appropriate adjective for it. An excercise in critical thinking indicates this post is really ripping on any collegiate institution that isn't exclusively D1 in its athletics. In case you have already forgotten, the Bison built their strong legacy and tradition in Division II. You may say what you will about how DII athletics have been watered down, etc but the roots of the Bison tradition we all know today were planted in D2. They always will be too. Great things most often start and grow out of lesser things. The strong DII roots are what allowed the Bison to go DI and be successful. From its humble beginnings as the NDAC Farmers & Aggies, to Stan Borleske wanting a more fierce mascot and changing the football mascot to the Bison in 1919, to Dobie, Mudra, Earhardt, Morton, Hager etc...NDSU's football program (as well as other athletic & academic programs) have progressed to what they are today because of the foundation laid yesteryear. A plant/tree with no roots, is nothing. Same with the Bison. Without their past in DII, they would be nothing today in DI.

So what if DI hockey has a lot of schools in it that are DII or DIII in other sports? You can expect that given the regional nature of hockey. The fact of the matter is DI hockey is the highest level of hockey there is at the Collegiate level and its a pretty competitive grouping of schools. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it or talk about it. Please, for the sake of civility, stop polluting this board with petty bickering about it.

To those of you Bison fans who still seem to think this DI move needed to come with a superiority complex, I implore you to stop the pettines. The Bison tradition of excellence demands excellence from fans as well. And true excllence is grounded in humbleness, humility, and good sportsmanship. This is more than just being PC...this is thinking, acting, and doing the right thing. The Aggie, Bison, & NDSU tradition demands it!

Now that was an awesome post.!!!!!!! PL

02Bison
04-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Now that was an awesome post.!!!!!!! PL Thank you! I appreciate the positive feedback.

Bisonguy
04-06-2008, 02:57 AM
I pruned a couple of posts from this thread. Keep it clean and attack the argument if you must, not the person posting.

DIBISON
04-06-2008, 04:31 AM
The Bisonator's post was clean and and contained alot of information on the number of and level of colleges that play hockey. Some people cannot accept those facts and start blasting the Bison. It's a two way road and 02 and others should accept that about hockey it is just the facts.

02Bison
04-06-2008, 04:44 AM
The Bisonator's post was clean and and contained alot of information on the number of and level of colleges that play hockey. Some people cannot accept those facts and start blasting the Bison. It's a two way road and 02 and others should accept that about hockey it is just the facts.

Its a fact that UND hockey is top level in comparison to all levels of hockey and I don't think its correct to try to minimize that fact by pointing out there are fewer schools that have DI hockey. The fact remains its the highest level of collegiate hockey there is and it produces NHL calliber players year in and year out. There is no reason we should try to discount that here, but that is exactly what some seem to be doing.

TheBisonator
04-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Its a fact that UND hockey is top level in comparison to all levels of hockey

UND doesn't even have the highest level hockey team in the Red River Valley. There's an AHL team in Winnipeg. And DI hockey is a joke. I personally either follow the NHL or the Canadian Major Juniors. Much better brand of hockey, IMO. The fact that almost half the schools in DI hockey aren't even DI makes it not worth it to me.

DIBISON
04-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Its a fact that UND hockey is top level in comparison to all levels of hockey and I don't think its correct to try to minimize that fact by pointing out there are fewer schools that have DI hockey. The fact remains its the highest level of collegiate hockey there is and it produces NHL calliber players year in and year out. There is no reason we should try to discount that here, but that is exactly what some seem to be doing.

You made my point.

The highest level of collegiate hockey includes Division II and Division III colleges.

DI football, DI basketball, DI baseball, etc.. only include DI colleges.

DII and DIII insitutions cannot win a National Championship in those sports.

That fact does not minimize DI hockey, it is just reality, that lower level colleges can win a NC in the sport of hockey!!

How may of the NCAA Final Four basketball teams have a hockey program?

02Bison
04-06-2008, 07:22 AM
You made my point.

The highest level of collegiate hockey includes Division II and Division III colleges.

DI football, DI basketball, DI baseball, etc.. only include DI colleges.

DII and DIII insitutions cannot win a National Championship in those sports.

That fact does not minimize DI hockey, it is just reality, that lower level colleges can win a NC in the sport of hockey!!

How may of the NCAA Final Four basketball teams have a hockey program?

I hope you realized your flawed logic. Case and point...Juco Basketball. There are some JUCO teams that could take it to the top tier DI basketball teams. The players are at a lower division school because of academic reasons and whatever else though even though they have the talent to dominate a Major Conference DI school. I stand by my opinion that you are letting your hatred of UND & hockey taint your critical thinking process.

02Bison
04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
UND doesn't even have the highest level hockey team in the Red River Valley. There's an AHL team in Winnipeg. And DI hockey is a joke. I personally either follow the NHL or the Canadian Major Juniors. Much better brand of hockey, IMO. The fact that almost half the schools in DI hockey aren't even DI makes it not worth it to me.

I was talking amateur hockey. I should have stated that. What's your basis for DI hockey being a joke? You say you follow the juniors? Is it because they tollerate fighting more in the juniors than they do in DI hockey? You do realize many DI hockey players get their start by playing without pay in Junior hockey? (I do realize they play for pay in "Major Junior Hockey" and because of that NCAA doesn't allow players from there to play NCAA sanctioned hockey). In a way, junior hockey is somewhat used as a development ground for DI hockey? You are using a slippery slope with your DII argument. Just because the school is DII in other sports doesn't imply it can't field a top level DI hockey program. I suspect you choose to rip hockey here because UND has it, NDSU doesn't, and you have an irrrational hatred toward UND serving to flaw your reasoning.

Just to further my point, by your reasoning NDSU football should suck because (using the kind of logic you are using) it technically isn't the highest level of football there is in the region. The fact is the kind of logic being used in your argument is deeply flawed logic. Or to take your point even further, Bison Basketball is a joke because we have the Timberwolves of the NBA nearby, Bison Football is a joke because we have the Vikings nearby (although Viking football can be seen as a joke by some ;-) ), Bison baseball is a joke because the Minnesota Twins and the FM Redhawks are nearby....I hope you see my point as to how flawed the basis of your argument is.

TransAmBison
04-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I hope you realized your flawed logic. Case and point...Juco Basketball. There are some JUCO teams that could take it to the top tier DI basketball teams. The players are at a lower division school because of academic reasons and whatever else though even though they have the talent to dominate a Major Conference DI school. I stand by my opinion that you are letting your hatred of UND & hockey taint your critical thinking process.
Here is your flawed logic...JUCO teams could not take it to the top tier if DI basketball. Why, you might ask? Because they are not DI, and only DI teams are allowed to play. Not so in hockey. Personally I don't care one way or the other, just pointing out that you did not have solid ground to stand on for that point of your argument. Carry on.

NDSU1980
04-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the memory. Doris was one excellent instructor (as was Thor). I took four math classes from her and (for the first three) consistently got the highest B in the class. (yes, I am whining, but I did finally get my A). Is she still on campus?

Back to your point: Your inference regarding our friends up north is supported by the statistical facts. :biggrin: The sig line tells it all!

Yep, took classes from Thor too. Both were good, that's for sure, but it sure seemed like work at the time. I'm not even sure if either is alive any more to be honest with you.

02Bison
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Here is your flawed logic...JUCO teams could not take it to the top tier if DI basketball. Why, you might ask? Because they are not DI, and only DI teams are allowed to play. Not so in hockey. Personally I don't care one way or the other, just pointing out that you did not have solid ground to stand on for that point of your argument. Carry on.
You need to take my whole argument collectively. I added "the players are at a lower division school because of academic reasons and whatever else though even though they have the talent to dominate a Major Conference DI school" because of the very technicality you raised. They do have the talent in some instances to take it to Major DI schools.

TheBisonator
04-06-2008, 07:06 PM
You need to take my whole argument collectively. I added "the players are at a lower division school because of academic reasons and whatever else though even though they have the talent to dominate a Major Conference DI school" because of the very technicality you raised. They do have the talent in some instances to take it to Major DI schools.

The best JUCO team wouldn't have a chance against the top 200 DI basketball schools.

02Bison
04-06-2008, 07:19 PM
The best JUCO team wouldn't have a chance against the top 200 DI basketball schools.

I'll just agree to disagree with you. You are underestimating the level of play and talent in some of the nation's junior colleges big time.

lakesbison
04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I love gopher hockey.

but here is a fact.

with Kessel, Okposo, Toews, others leaving earlier and earlier every year.

& Aaron Ness of Roseau will be at U of Minn for 1 year period & Wheeler is gone this year after 3 years.

with Americans getting more and more "street cred" in the NHL, its going to water down Division 1 hockey even more and that sucks.

but its a fact that is going to be happening alot in the future.

onbison09
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Can't wait to see Ness in a Gopher uni next year. It's going to be sick. But kids leaving for the NHL sucks big time. Especially Kyle AKA "Benedict" Okposo. Can you imagine this year's Gopher team with Kessel, Okposo, and Wheeler?

lakesbison
04-07-2008, 01:09 AM
oh my god, could you IMAGINE???????!!!! total domination with that team.

Shawn-O
04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
badger04.. HELL YEA!!

my cousin and 4 buds will be there too rooting for the badgers and AGAINST the SUE!

he's going to wear my NDSU jersey for the und-princeton game. haha.

Confucius say Goofer fan that talk $hit see team go in toilet!!!!

http://oproject.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/confucious.jpg

lakesbison
04-08-2008, 10:40 PM
yep.. this year . wait til next year.

have fun out there.. I just cant make it.. my crew of 6 is going. i got too much drama lately to go... ill watch though.

p.s- my boston college buddies have been texting me all week, they think they can beat you.

onbison09
04-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Confucius say Goofer fan that talk $hit see team go in toilet!!!!

http://oproject.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/confucious.jpg
That's usually happens The Gophers are amazing at choking- Exhibit A- The Funnel- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4kxS1ksqtw. Have fun at the Frozen Four!! I would cheer for the Sioux if they didn't have 11 Canadiens on there team. Why don't they just change the fight song to this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTOm7gofXnQ? That oughta get a rise out of ya? :D

THEsocalledfan
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Bad news, boys, to all you WCHA hockey fans.....

UMD just got their new hockey arena approved. It will be the second nicest arena in the WCHA, second only to the Nazi palace. They will start playing there in 2010. Say goodbye to St. Cloud and the Gophers stealing kids from our backyard. Sorry to say, they will all now be staying home and those schools in the bannana belt of MN will have to go after Twin Cities kids.

For a Bulldog fan, it is great to finally have some hope. I think we have the right coach; we just haven't been able to recruit against the other programs.

roper1313
04-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Can't wait to see Ness in a Gopher uni next year. It's going to be sick. But kids leaving for the NHL sucks big time. Especially Kyle AKA "Benedict" Okposo. Can you imagine this year's Gopher team with Kessel, Okposo, and Wheeler?

Can you imagine a team with Zajac, Spirko, Toews, Oshie, Duncan, Lee, Chorney, and Finley? You can say the same thing with all the top hockey programs.

onbison09
04-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Can you imagine a team with Zajac, Spirko, Toews, Oshie, Duncan, Lee, Chorney, and Finley? You can say the same thing with all the top hockey programs.
Good ponit! :D I'm actually glad about the Dogs' arena. The DECC was not a great place, had a lot of character but just not enough. I just like watching good hockey, love the Gophers but love good hockey more. It'll be good and hopefully Sauer can get em barking. UMD has one of the best student sections in the WCHA IMO. Gotta love the arenas in the WCHA: REA, Mariucci, Kohl Center, new Dogs Arena, Denver's place. Pretty good facilities there.

Montana Bison
04-10-2008, 11:56 PM
ahhhhhggghhh, CHOKE! CHOKE! ahhhhhggghhhh! Turn out the lights, 6-0 BC after two periods (LOL) And the Sue stars are off to the NHL, there minds were already there in the second period. Pitiful, just Pitiful!!

Tatanka
04-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Very sad day for fans of teh UND hockies.

Someone better put Shawn-O on a 24/7 suicide watch. No sharp objects spicy foods or tall buildings for at least a week or two. He actually paid money to go watch that debacle, the poor guy.:smh:

Hambone
04-11-2008, 01:52 AM

Someone better put Shawn-O on a 24/7 suicide watch. No sharp objects spicy foods or tall buildings for at least a week or two. He actually paid money to go watch that debacle, the poor guy.:smh:

Terrible game. :mad: BC definitely dominated and kicked some UND ass. I think I'm already over it, although next year may be a little more of a rebuilding year but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I, too, feel bad for Shawn-O and all the other Sioux fans that traveled down there for what they saw......

NorthernBison
04-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Didn't take long on SS for someone to start a "Fire Hakstol" thread. Wow.

That game was tough to watch. I always look at Sioux hockey as a win-win for me. If they win, I'm proud to be a North Dakotan. On the other hand, I can never get too upset about a UND loss in any sport. This one actually hurt a bit because is was such a beating. Then they score and the announcer calls them SOUTH Dakota......

The title of the thread remains appropriate though. Hockey is their savior. Next year is brutal for all the other sports. Crappy schedules, meaningless games. I am so thankful that we are finally through with that darn transition. At least UND fans have hockey to help get them through the next four years.

Scooter1
04-11-2008, 05:40 AM
As a U of M fan, I loved the UND loss.
At least BC wore the right color...Maroon

Bison Dan
04-11-2008, 12:35 PM

I hope you packed light!

roper1313
04-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Good ponit! :D I'm actually glad about the Dogs' arena. The DECC was not a great place, had a lot of character but just not enough. I just like watching good hockey, love the Gophers but love good hockey more. It'll be good and hopefully Sauer can get em barking. UMD has one of the best student sections in the WCHA IMO. Gotta love the arenas in the WCHA: REA, Mariucci, Kohl Center, new Dogs Arena, Denver's place. Pretty good facilities there.

As a 1998 UMD graduate I am thrilled to see the DECC finally got their money from the state. As a rabid hockey fan I loved the DECC for its atmosphere. You were always right on top of the action. Now it will actually have a concorse instead of a glorified hallway, and maybe even some decent food. Hopefully they'll still have beer readily available.

Don't for get the Bemidji also got $20 million for their new events center. Great for that town and great for the BSU Beavers.

RedRiver
04-11-2008, 02:46 PM

I hope you packed light!

Another national championship? I don't think so. When was the last one?

lakesbison
04-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey. stop it..

ITS HARD to beat out 12-14 (LEGIT) teams in an NCAA tourney format.

1 outta 12 is all a team has to do to win a national championship in ncaa hockey.

NDSU1980
04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Teh hockey boys are in trouble again. Must have been celebrating their blowout loss to BC. This has to be Oshie's 3rd time for sure.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2008/04/12_undplayers.php

Mr. Burgundy
04-13-2008, 02:53 PM
ss.com is already defending these kids. Way to celebrate kids. I can tell you what Coach Bohl would do with kids with repeat problems.....DONE.

roadwarrior
04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
hmmmm....had to find that news in "college hockey news"?

NorthernBison
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I am disappointed in some of the "fans" from the north. Notice I said SOME and I put fans in quotes.

We know from the SDSU football game how disappointing it is to lose the final game of the year. Especially when we feel that the performance on the field was less than the best our team could do. I don't think anybody on this board thinks the Jacks were a better team than the Bison but things happen and we get over it and move on.

The difference is that I don't recall any "Fire Bohl" threads after the loss in Brookings or any threads that attacked individual players and called them out as being losers or "sucking". We all realize that, regardless of how disappointed we were, the players and coaches were 1,000 times more disappointed.

On SS.com the reaction of "some fans" was appalling and is more of an embarrassment than I can even really put into words. Some people actually complained about how much money they spent to travel to Denver to watch the team get beat. Talk about priorities.

We will take some more disappointing losses in the future. That's how sports works. I really hope we never get to the level of some of the hockey "fans" when that happens.

Spectator
04-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I never take any post at face value. Some people just like to start threads to twist the knife, make someone or some group look bad or just because they are immature.

Thus, I am not going to assume that anyone who would post a thread that says "Fire Hakstol" is a true Sioux Fan or even a Sioux Booster - they are more likely a troll.

Bison Dan
04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I never take any post at face value. Some people just like to start threads to twist the knife, make someone or some group look bad or just because they are immature.

Thus, I am not going to assume that anyone who would post a thread that says "Fire Hakstol" is a true Sioux Fan or even a Sioux Booster - they are more likely a troll.

Not true some of the posters have been their for years.

Bison bison
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't think anybody on this board thinks the Jacks were a better team than the Bison.....

?

They certainly deserved to win the game in November.

TransAmBison
04-14-2008, 09:02 PM
?

They certainly deserved to win the game in November.
I think he was meaning overall team, such as the overall record and teams played. Two FBS wins and such, 10-1 record vs their 7-4 record. Oh, they took it to us and won. They earned that victory no doubt about it, but I would much rather have our season than theirs. I'm thinking that is somewhat like what NorthernBison was thinking.

Shawn-O
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Everyone? I'm back! No need to scour the tall buildings, I'm off suicide watch. Made the best of the trip, did the Deadwood thing on the way back. As far the time and money to go witness that disaster, I guess that's the risk you run when following your teams in tournament play. BC is definitely in their heads, that's why it snowballed so bad when Gerbe got the shorty to make it 2-0.

NorthernBison
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I think he was meaning overall team, such as the overall record and teams played. Two FBS wins and such, 10-1 record vs their 7-4 record. Oh, they took it to us and won. They earned that victory no doubt about it, but I would much rather have our season than theirs. I'm thinking that is somewhat like what NorthernBison was thinking.

Correct. I was trying to draw a parallel between the disappointing loss UND suffered in Denver and our disappointing loss in Brookings. We expected to win that game as, I expect UND fans expected to win at the Frozen Four. The difference is the reaction of some of the "fans". Once again, I don't remember any "fire Bohl" comments or personal attacks on players after the game in November. You can't say that about what went on over at SS.com.

Furthermore, Bison Dan is correct. Some of the bashers over there are regular posters and not Trolls. It's a mind set that I do not understand and probably never will.

Shawn-O
04-15-2008, 12:27 AM
I am disappointed in some of the "fans" from the north. Notice I said SOME and I put fans in quotes.

We know from the SDSU football game how disappointing it is to lose the final game of the year. Especially when we feel that the performance on the field was less than the best our team could do. I don't think anybody on this board thinks the Jacks were a better team than the Bison but things happen and we get over it and move on.

The difference is that I don't recall any "Fire Bohl" threads after the loss in Brookings or any threads that attacked individual players and called them out as being losers or "sucking". We all realize that, regardless of how disappointed we were, the players and coaches were 1,000 times more disappointed.

On SS.com the reaction of "some fans" was appalling and is more of an embarrassment than I can even really put into words. Some people actually complained about how much money they spent to travel to Denver to watch the team get beat. Talk about priorities.

We will take some more disappointing losses in the future. That's how sports works. I really hope we never get to the level of some of the hockey "fans" when that happens.

I'm not sure if it's a valid comparison. If NDSU was pre-season number one, limped into the FCS semifinals, and got drubbed 40-7 by the Griz or App. St, that's more of what we're talking about. Even with that said, calling for Hakstol's head is totally irrational. It would be the equivalent, maybe worse, of Solich getting the axe at Nebraska after 10-2, and we all know it set that program back five years or more, so I partially agree with you.