PDA

View Full Version : Bison Pro Day?

Mandan_Herd_Fan
03-16-2008, 01:13 AM
When is pro day, is it open to the public?

bisongirl
03-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Monday at 10 am I believe.

bison_05
03-16-2008, 03:49 AM
who is all participating in it this year?

99Bison
03-16-2008, 03:58 AM
according to gobison site:
Mays, Walker, Drago and Earl

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1411467

sambini
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Good luck++++

Fightin' Bison
03-16-2008, 05:43 PM
according to gobison site:
Mays, Walker, Drago and Earl

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1411467

Where is Safe? Any players from other area teams? Which teams are expected to attend?

56BISON73
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Where is Safe? Any players from other area teams? Which teams are expected to attend?

Its my understanding that Safe has retired from football due to back problems. PL

tjbison
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Its my understanding that Safe has retired from football due to back problems. PL

You are correct.

bisondad
03-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Yep. That is correct.

RedRiver
03-17-2008, 06:01 PM
The Hammer show on 740 AM will be having a segment on pro day during the 1:00 PM hour.

TheDoctor
03-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Joe's numbers looked pretty good. 4.7 flat in the 40.

Joe Mays -- vertical jump: 33 1/2. Bench press: 21 times. Broad jump: 9-3. 40: 4.7.

From Kolpacks blog:

A handful of pro scouts were on hand this morning for NDSU's annual Pro Day. Getting the twice-over were cornerback David Earl, linebacker Joe Mays, quarterback Steve Walker, running back Cinque Chapman and two players from UND: receiver Weston Dressler and cornerback Donovan Alexander.

Mays got quite the workout, both at linebacker and at fullback. Just when you think the guy can't physically look better, he does. He measured 5-10 1/2 and 245 pounds.

The most impressive performance was by Dressler, who showed great hands on passing drills from Walker and lightning-quick feet on the shuttle run drills. I'm guessing he opened a couple of scouts' eyes. He was listed as 5-foot-8 on the UND roster, but was measured in the 5-6 to 5-7 range on Monday and it remains to be seen how much of a factor height will be. The scouts had him field some punts at the end of the session, so perhaps that could be his key.

Anyway, here's some tale of the tape from the workouts that I was able to compile:

David Earl -- vertical jump: 31 inches. Bench press: 225 pounds 13 times. Broad jump: 9-5 1/2. 40: 4.50.

Joe Mays -- vertical jump: 33 1/2. Bench press: 21 times. Broad jump: 9-3. 40: 4.7.

Steve Walker -- vertical jump: 25 1/2. Broad jump: 8-8 1/2. 40: 4.84.

Cinque Chapman -- vertical jump 32 1/2. Bench press: 10 times. Broad jump: 9-4.

Donovan Alexander -- vertical jump: 37. Bench press: 11 times. Broad jump: 10-5.

Weston Dressler -- Vertical jump: 35. Bench press: 9 times. Broad jump: 9-5.

bisonhusker
03-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I would say this if Weston was a Bison....if you measure at 5'6 or 5'7 and are not built like Wes Welker...you have no shot. I think he was a total stud at D2, but his NFL shot is not happening. I do hope he can continue his career in Canada. He would be great on that monster field. I thought Joe would put up the bench more times.

Trim
03-17-2008, 07:48 PM
I wonder if Dressler really didn't run the 40 or if it was just left out? I'm curious how fast he is. Walker's 40 time was quicker than I thought he would have.

RedRiver
03-17-2008, 08:26 PM
During a radio interview it sounded like Joe Mays may need to switch to fullback to give him the best opportunity in the NFL.

Bison Dan
03-17-2008, 08:38 PM
To bad Weston Dressler wasted his time at und. He'd be a 5th year senior this year and have a great chance to impress the scouts all year for 2008. He would have played in bigger games and be noticed more if continuing on in fb is his goal.

TheDoctor
03-17-2008, 08:53 PM
To bad Weston Dressler wasted his time at und. He'd be a 5th year senior this year and have a great chance to impress the scouts all year for 2008. He would have played in bigger games and be noticed more if continuing on in fb is his goal.

Ahhhh yes....but the alure of playing for the coveted D2 National Championship bit him:rofl:.......How did that work out for him again:rofl:????? ;)

TheDoctor
03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Just got off the phone with Joe and he was excited to say he ran 4.66-4.68 in the 40. I know his goal was to at or below 4.7. The future looks bright for Joe and Drago. ;)

missingnumber7
03-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Just got off the phone with Joe and he was excited to say he ran 4.66-4.68 in the 40. I know his goal was to at or below 4.7. The future looks bright for Joe and Drago. ;)

Thats nice...good speed for moves to either FB or an outside backer.

bisonmike2
03-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Thats nice...good speed for moves to either FB or an outside backer.

I really hope he makes it as a lb. It was alot of fun to watch him play that position at NDSU and he has such a nose for laying a big hit on somebody. But if he can get into the NFL as a fullback more power to him. I could see him fitting into the mold of a Allstot. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play a little RB in high school?

TheBisonator
03-18-2008, 05:55 PM
If Joe Mays does extra practice on ball control, he could have a good shot at being an NFL FB.

TheDoctor
03-18-2008, 06:22 PM
If Joe Mays does extra practice on ball control, he could have a good shot at being an NFL FB.

Everytime I think of him as a FB, I think of his two kick returns at SDSU (one of which he nearly broke). It was fun to see him run with those because all your thinking is "I feel sorry for the guy whos going to try and derail that train". I think he'd be a great FB, but he REALLY wants to stay at LB. ;)

GradBison
03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
An article about Steve Walker's pro day in the forum.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=195253&section=sports

Fightin' Bison
03-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Which teams were there?

GradBison
03-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Which teams were there?

Teams present were Jaguars, 49ers, Bills, Patriots and Texans.
From the Bison media blog (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?page=comments&blog=23448)

99Bison
03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
The Jets were mentioned elsewhere too?

Jdubs21
03-18-2008, 10:40 PM
talked to walkers wife/fiance today and she said that the jets and bills really liked what they saw

Fightin' Bison
03-19-2008, 03:25 AM

Is it "4.66-4.68" or "4.7", as was reported in the Forum. It is a miniscule difference in time that could make a large difference in his draft rating.

GradBison
03-19-2008, 03:41 PM
talked to walkers wife/fiance today and she said that the jets and bills really liked what they saw

That's excellent news! I hope Walker gets a shot, it would be sweet to see this winner play in the next level.

TheDoctor
03-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Is it "4.66-4.68" or "4.7", as was reported in the Forum. It is a miniscule difference in time that could make a large difference in his draft rating.

Kolpack obviously got that number from hear say. Joe called me after his workout and was excited to tell me right away that he got it under 4.7. It was like 4.66-4.68 he excitingly said. I'd take Joe's word over Jeff's. Wouldn't you? ;)

P.S. I you noticed Kolpack had certain numbers for some and certain numbers for others, which made me think he got his numbers from asking around and not looking at a sheet with concrete numbers for everyone. ;)

Blue
03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Good luck to the Bison players who hope to play in the pros. I know we got at least 3 Rabbits down here who are getting some serious looks.http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Mr. Burgundy
03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I heard the Rabbit punt returner was getting looks, until they saw him return a punt at his own 4 yard line and they were concerned with his "smarts."

I also heard that Kolpack gets his info from Bisonville....

Again, this is just what I "heard."

Jdubs21
03-19-2008, 10:55 PM
kolpack probly just read your comment lol

Woden
03-20-2008, 04:18 AM
I wonder if Dressler really didn't run the 40 or if it was just left out? I'm curious how fast he is.

Talked to Weston. Apparently they wouldn't tell him his time, even when he asked.

The Jaguars are a team very interested in Weston at this time.

Woden
03-20-2008, 04:21 AM

Reading too much into that. That is about the time you would expect someone of his size to run if they want to have a legit NFL shot. If he would've run a 4.45 or something like that, he would probably greatly up his status. If he had ran a 4.85, he would have gotten crossed off the list and no one would have been interested. That performance solidifies to the scouts that he has some potential. Not overly great, but not bad either. Good time for his size/position.

To be completely honest though, I don't think any of these players have a chance of getting drafted (besides Drago). Rookie FA is probably the route for everyone.

TheDoctor
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Reading too much into that. That is about the time you would expect someone of his size to run if they want to have a legit NFL shot. If he would've run a 4.45 or something like that, he would probably greatly up his status. If he had ran a 4.85, he would have gotten crossed off the list and no one would have been interested. That performance solidifies to the scouts that he has some potential. Not overly great, but not bad either. Good time for his size/position.

To be completely honest though, I don't think any of these players have a chance of getting drafted (besides Drago). Rookie FA is probably the route for everyone.

I am not reading to much into it. Your right he needed at least 4.7 flat to be considered, period the end. I think his field speed (can be seen in that video) is something they can't ignore. He's still a long shot and if not drafted needs to get into the right system (which Dahl did) that works for him. If you noticed the Texans on the list of scouts there....they drafted a LB a couple years ago about Joes size and speed who went on to be defensive rookie of the year. They have stated they are not afraid of his height. ;)

NDSUstudent
03-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Some more pro day info from Kolpack....

Shamen Washington was in the Fargodome stands when Weston Dressler ran his 40-yard dash for the pro scouts earlier in the week. Dressler looked very fast and it's a good bet Shamen took notice. So, later in the afternoon, the scouts tested some Bison underclassmen prospects.

Shamen ran a sub-4.4, said head coach Craig Bohl. Obviously, there's no way of proving it, but: how many Bison football players have ever done a sub-4.4? Stacy Robinson? Richard Lewis? Allen Burrell? Marques Johnson?

Other numbers: Tight end Jerimiah Wurzbacher -- now up to 250 pounds -- ran a 4.7 and he is sure to get a strong look next winter along with running back Tyler Roehl. Freshman tight end Matt Veldman, at 6-feet-7, turned in a 4.8.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=23643

Sub 4.4, not bad for a guy that has had some knee problems. Wurz should get some looks at TE with that combination of size and speed.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Talked to Weston. Apparently they wouldn't tell him his time, even when he asked.

The Jaguars are a team very interested in Weston at this time.

Really, I wonder what the reasoning is behind not telling a kid what his 40 time is. The 40 is overrated. I think they should have kids get geared up and than run the 40. There's speed, and then their is football speed. I think Deion and Bo Jackson probably have the best football speed I've ever seen. Just as fast with pads as w/out.

Woden
03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Really, I wonder what the reasoning is behind not telling a kid what his 40 time is.

This might not go over well on this board, but I think the scouts there wanted to keep it to themselves. Weston consistently runs in the 4.3's. If such were the case at the Pro day, some may have felt like they found a diamond in the rough. Teams like Jacksonville that were interested in the first place are probably much more so now. They don't want to have to fight over Weston at the end.

Weston is probably just as fast in pads as well. He is UND's record-holder at WR in the power clean at 339 lbs. Not bad for someone who weighs about a buck sixty.

Bison Dan
03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
This might not go over well on this board, but I think the scouts there wanted to keep it to themselves. Weston consistently runs in the 4.3's. If such were the case at the Pro day, some may have felt like they found a diamond in the rough. Teams like Jacksonville that were interested in the first place are probably much more so now. They don't want to have to fight over Weston at the end.

Weston is probably just as fast in pads as well. He is UND's record-holder at WR in the power clean at 339 lbs. Not bad for someone who weighs about a buck sixty.

Yea too bad it's only 5'-6"

Woden
03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Yea too bad it's only 5'-6"

It's?

Wow, not even a human in your eyes, huh?

Strong hatred.

Edit: When you talk about Mays, do you say too bad he's only 5' 10"? Or too bad Walker is only 6' or whatever he is? No. These guys were all great players that either team in North Dakota would have loved to have. Each has their own weaknesses or they would not be playing here in the first place. Why can't we just cheer on all these guys? Great to see North Dakota represented no matter which team they came from.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM

I'd buy that explanation. It will be interesting to see if any of these teams bring him in as a free agent rookie.

Woden
03-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd buy that explanation. It will be interesting to see if any of these teams bring him in as a free agent rookie.

What I am hearing is that Jacksonville and Cleveland are two teams big on him right now. That of course could change one way or the other before it is all said and done. Like I said, I think all these guys are Rookie Free Agents. Hopefully a couple of them can find the right fit and stick around.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 07:23 PM
What I am hearing is that Jacksonville and Cleveland are two teams big on him right now. That of course could change one way or the other before it is all said and done. Like I said, I think all these guys are Rookie Free Agents. Hopefully a couple of them can find the right fit and stick around.

Dahl proved it could be done. I hope all the guys get a good shot. I love watching a pro-game and spotting anyone with a connection with NDSU or the upper mid-west.

Chil
03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
This might not go over well on this board, but I think the scouts there wanted to keep it to themselves. Weston consistently runs in the 4.3's.

Where did you hear that he consistently runs in the 4.3's? The GF Herald said that he ran a 4.44 earlier this year and a 4.46 last spring. I don't doubt that he could have possibly run a 4.3X at the pro day, but I haven't heard of him ever being in the 4.3s before.

Woden
03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Where did you hear that he consistently runs in the 4.3's? The GF Herald said that he ran a 4.44 earlier this year and a 4.46 last spring. I don't doubt that he could have possibly run a 4.3X at the pro day, but I haven't heard of him ever being in the 4.3s before.

Saw him run it. 4.33 is the best I've seen him do. Trust me, the Herald is one of the least truthful publications I have ever read. Most of their stuff is made up.

Chil
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Saw him run it. 4.33 is the best I've seen him do. Trust me, the Herald is one of the least truthful publications I have ever read. Most of their stuff is made up.

I believe you. His times for the 100m dash were unbelievable in high school, but I haven't seen him run since then.

KilldeerBison
03-20-2008, 08:08 PM

WOW! If that's true, UND will really have a hard time replacing him!

NDSU1980
03-20-2008, 08:12 PM
If Dressler is only 5' 6", he won't be going anywhere in the pro's, no matter what his speed is. Also have to consider that his college stats are against D2 teams and he looks even worse. Often times scouts look at players just to tell the home office they are doing something and the paycheck keeps coming.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 08:21 PM
If Dressler is only 5' 6", he won't be going anywhere in the pro's, no matter what his speed is. Also have to consider that his college stats are against D2 teams and he looks even worse. Often times scouts look at players just to tell the home office they are doing something and the paycheck keeps coming.

I disagree. If he can return punts and kickoffs he might find a spot. One thing pro-scouts put way to much emphasis on is speed and you either have that or you don't. And ever since Hester blew up every team wants a game changer at the return position.

Chil
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM

It's unlikely, but not impossible. JJ Moses returned kicks for the Cardinals recently at only 5'6", and Dante Hall isn't much taller. Troy Walters for Detroit is listed at 5'8" but I've heard he's actually about 5'5". There's no reason that Dressler's height would keep him out of returning kicks in the NFL if he has the ability.

NDSU1980
03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I disagree. If he can return punts and kickoffs he might find a spot. One thing pro-scouts put way to much emphasis on is speed and you either have that or you don't. And ever since Hester blew up every team wants a game changer at the return position.

One thing that is necessary though is some weight to create momentum to get that extra yard. A kid who is 5' 6" isn't going to do it. Spin it however you want it, but Dressler goes nowhere. Heck, most females today are taller then 5' 6".

Woden
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
One thing that is necessary though is some weight to create momentum to get that extra yard. A kid who is 5' 6" isn't going to do it. Spin it however you want it, but Dressler goes nowhere. Heck, most females today are taller then 5' 6".

So what do you think of 5' 10" Mays or 6" Walker? Both are about 4 inches shorter than desired, the same as Dressler. If Dressler was 5' 10" he wouldn't be playing at UND and we wouldn't even be discussing his chances here. Care to comment on the NDSU players?

Woden
03-20-2008, 08:34 PM
WOW! If that's true, UND will really have a hard time replacing him!

Chappel/Murray will have to be leaned on heavily this year. Chappel is the only one that could give Weston a run for his money on the 40, so at least that speed is back. Alexander was good at the 40 as well. Two of the three fastest guys on the team are gone. Not a good sign. Hopefully some young talent steps up.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Well, I'm not his agent and I'm not a Sioux fan but I'm not going to rule him out b/c he's short. So your saying that if he gets a shot with a team and he takes a couple of punts to the house and averges 30 yards a return on ko's that a team is going to say, "Well too bad, if only he were 5'10"". No way. If he has the skills to play in the NFL he'll play in the NFL. If he doesn't, he doesnt'.

NDSU1980
03-20-2008, 08:37 PM
So what do you think of 5' 10" Mays or 6" Walker? Both are about 4 inches shorter than desired, the same as Dressler. If Dressler was 5' 10" he wouldn't be playing at UND and we wouldn't even be discussing his chances here. Care to comment on the NDSU players?

Height is still height. 5' 10" or 6' is still better then 5'6". I've got more faith in either Mays or Walker getting a look then Dressler.

BTW, isn't your board 80 miles north of here? (and covered with a sheet of ice).

Woden
03-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Height is still height. 5' 10" or 6' is still better then 5'6". I've got more faith in either Mays or Walker getting a look then Dressler.

BTW, isn't your board 80 miles north of here? (and covered with a sheet of ice).

Short is still short.

Mays is "too short" for his position.

Walker is "too short" for his position.

Dressler is "too short" for his position.

All could use about four more inches.

How do you have more faith in Mays and Walker getting more of a look? I guarantee all three will get a shot, and hopefully all three will make their respective teams. You really cheering against a native North Dakotan? Seriously, get over it man. Like I posted earlier, once they graduate, I cheer for all of them to make it, not just ones from UND. Great to see our state represented.

Yes there is a board up her "covered in a sheet of ice?" (whatever that means). I was just responding to someone who wondered why Weston's time was not posted. After talking to him and finding out why, I informed the person who was wondering. Are we not supposed to talk to each other or answer questions if we go to different schools or cheer for different teams? Neat world you live in.

bisonmike2
03-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Short is still short.

Mays is "too short" for his position.

Walker is "too short" for his position.

Dressler is "too short" for his position.

All could use about four more inches.

How do you have more faith in Mays and Walker getting more of a look? I guarantee all three will get a shot, and hopefully all three will make their respective teams. You really cheering against a native North Dakota? Seriously, get over it man. Like I posted earlier, once they graduate, I cheer for all of them to make it, not just ones from UND. Great to see our state represented.

Yes there is a board up her "covered in a sheet of ice?" (whatever that means). I was just responding to someone who wondered why Weston's time was not posted. After talking to him and finding out why, I informed the person who was wondering. Are we not supposed to talk to each other or answer questions if we go to different schools or cheer for different teams? Neat world you live in.

I would also add that the rosters of UND, NDSU, SDSU and almost every other FCS team is going to be filled with kids that have been told they are too short, too small, and too slow. That's kinda why they are not playing for a FBS team to begin with. These kids already have an uphill battle to make an NFL squad and they've probably heard the same crap that NDSU1980 has been spewing the entire time too. I believe that as fans of smaller division schools we should all be routing for these guys to suceed regardless of what university they attended. Every kid from a small school that makes to the the NFL chips away at the notion of the FCS as having inferior players, playing on inferior teams playing in an infererior division.

Woden
03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
I would also add that the rosters of UND, NDSU, SDSU and almost every other FCS team is going to be filled with kids that have been told they are too short, too small, and too slow. That's kinda why they are not playing for a FBS team to begin with. These kids already have an uphill battle to make an NFL squad and they've probably heard the same crap that NDSU1980 has been spewing the entire time too. I believe that as fans of smaller division schools we should all be routing for these guys to suceed regardless of what university they attended. Every kid from a small school that makes to the the NFL chips away at the notion of the FCS as having inferior players, playing on inferior teams playing in an infererior division.

Amen brother! Thanks.

ThatWouldBeSeven
03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Too all those who complain and whine about "too short, not enough of this, not enough of that....", ever heard of a guy named Doug Flutie?

Yeah, its an uphill battle, but there's no need to discount anyone's chances just on that.

sambini
03-21-2008, 04:11 AM
And a lot of heart. Comes into factor also...

Hambone
03-21-2008, 06:11 AM
It's unlikely, but not impossible. JJ Moses returned kicks for the Cardinals recently at only 5'6", and Dante Hall isn't much taller. Troy Walters for Detroit is listed at 5'8" but I've heard he's actually about 5'5". There's no reason that Dressler's height would keep him out of returning kicks in the NFL if he has the ability.

Isn't Darren Sproles only about 5'5 or 5'6. He seems to do ok in the kick and punt returning categories....

Bison Dan
03-21-2008, 01:30 PM
It's?

Wow, not even a human in your eyes, huh?

Strong hatred.

Edit: When you talk about Mays, do you say too bad he's only 5' 10"? Or too bad Walker is only 6' or whatever he is? No. These guys were all great players that either team in North Dakota would have loved to have. Each has their own weaknesses or they would not be playing here in the first place. Why can't we just cheer on all these guys? Great to see North Dakota represented no matter which team they came from.

Don't get your shorts in a bunch - I meant "he's" - The point is all these guys have an uphill battle because of their physical attributes. It's too bad but that's the way it is.

NDSUguy
03-21-2008, 01:53 PM
The 40 times from the pro day were not displayed anywhere at the FFD. The only way people can report these times is by talking (or overhearing) the scouts. Kolpack got the times that he heard but some (like Dressler) he did not hear.

wilson
03-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I saw Tim Dwight this year in the Raiders/Vikings game. I couldn't belive how small he looked. He seems to have done ok for himself in the NFL, and I think Dressler can do the same.

Big_Game
03-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Taco's are really good!

I hope all these guy's get a shot to make an NFL roster!

Pizza is really good as well!

Does eating different ethnic foods make me diverse?

DIBISON
03-22-2008, 05:21 AM
Some more pro day info from Kolpack....

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=23643

Sub 4.4, not bad for a guy that has had some knee problems. Wurz should get some looks at TE with that combination of size and speed.

Let's get back to the Bison. Good to see that Wurz from FS may get some looks. He has the size, frame to add more, and speed.

BlueBisonRock
03-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Taco's are really good!

I hope all these guy's get a shot to make an NFL roster!

Pizza is really good as well!

Does eating different ethnic foods make me diverse?

Eating different ethnic foods can make you diverse. Or it can make you obese. How many calories are you packing on a given day? ;)

Jdubs21
03-22-2008, 05:36 AM
five trillion

BlueBisonRock
03-22-2008, 06:00 AM
five trillion

Ummhn. Perhaps that explains the slight shift in the earths orbit and the loss of a millionth of a second from our day yesterday?

WRSDBison
03-24-2008, 03:35 AM

All right here sir. I hate to nit pick, BUT I saw you nit pick about someone calling Dressler "it's" only 5'6". So, why then is it okay for you to say that walker is only six inches???

mn_bison_
03-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Is Joe Mays still going to be @ Northwestern's Pro Day? I thought I read once upon a time his agent was able to get him in there as well...

Woden
03-25-2008, 03:06 AM
So, why then is it okay for you to say that walker is only six inches???

That's what the ladies are telling me. ;)

TheDoctor
03-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Is Joe Mays still going to be @ Northwestern's Pro Day? I thought I read once upon a time his agent was able to get him in there as well...

He was there March 6th. I think his numbers got even better at NDSU's last Monday. I know he ran a 4.7 40 at Northwestern and 4.66-4.68 here at NDSU. ;)

WRSDBison
03-25-2008, 03:57 AM
That's what the ladies are telling me. ;)

Correction, I think they tell you he has six inches on you!:)

rutlandbison
03-25-2008, 04:18 AM

Oooo burn!!

TheDoctor
03-25-2008, 04:56 AM
I am really curious if they will move Joe to FB in order for him to make a team. I always used Jon Abotte of the Texans as an example to Joe that he can make it, because he is the same size and weight. He played LB at Wake Forest, but they moved him to FB now.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=293

Woden
03-25-2008, 05:00 AM

Oooo burn!!

http://www.photodump.org/stored15/ethug.jpg

So which one are you rutland? :)

Woden
03-25-2008, 05:02 AM
Correction, I think they tell you he has six inches on me!:)

^^corrected^^

TheDoctor
03-25-2008, 05:04 AM
WOW! Why don't you guys go to the commons and have a pissing match. I'd like to talk to others about Pro Day in this thread. ;)

Woden
03-25-2008, 05:04 AM
I am really curious if they will move Joe to FB in order for him to make a team. I always used Jon Abotte of the Texans as an example to Joe that he can make it, because he is the same size and weight. He played LB at Wake Forest, but they moved him to FB now.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=293

Probably his best bet is to move to FB. Only problem with that is not too many teams still utilize a true FB.

Move may be a necessity as Mays will have some coverage issues at the NFL level with his lack of height and difficulty in changing direction.

Woden
03-25-2008, 05:05 AM
WOW! Why don't you guys go to the commons and have a pissing match. I'd like to talk to others about Pro Day in this thread. ;)

I'm actually just having fun. Hopefully they aren't taking it serious.

TheDoctor
03-25-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm actually just having fun. Hopefully they aren't taking it serious.

No problem. Appreciate your take on Joes move to FB. ;)

rutlandbison
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.photodump.org/stored15/ethug.jpg

So which one are you rutland? :)

Im the guy whose packin, i always carry a gun when im on bisonville.