PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting - What We're Up Against

90BISON
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Not trying to dredge up any prior, "Amy can't recruit" or any similar themes, just something to consider when we talk about difficulty in recruiting good WBB players for the Bison. The following are RPI's for relative recruiting area teams:

Wyoming 26
Nebraska 33
Minnesota 38
Wisc GB 40
Iowa St. 43
Iowa 52
SDSU 57
Montana 63
Wiconsin 77
Mont. St. 123
NDSU 155

The next closest RPI Summit team to the Bunnies was ORU @ 148 followed by NDSU and Oakland @ 169, which pretty much bore out in league play. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we have some very stiff competition for recruits in our prime recruiting area, and there's only so many girls to go around.:)

Bison Dan
03-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Not trying to dredge up any prior, "Amy can't recruit" or any similar themes, just something to consider when we talk about difficulty in recruiting good WBB players for the Bison. The following are RPI's for relative recruiting area teams:

Wyoming 26
Nebraska 33
Minnesota 38
Wisc GB 40
Iowa St. 43
Iowa 52
SDSU 57
Montana 63
Wiconsin 77
Mont. St. 123
NDSU 155

The next closest RPI Summit team to the Bunnies was ORU @ 148 followed by NDSU and Oakland @ 169, which pretty much bore out in league play. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we have some very stiff competition for recruits in our prime recruiting area, and there's only so many girls to go around.:)

RPI can't be too accurate we beat Mont. St bad.

90BISON
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
RPI can't be too accurate we beat Mont. St bad.

Oh, I don't think you can take them literally, except over the season as a whole, which is what these RPI's would have been. As we've seen, especially with the guys, that home court does matter, where you can have a 30 to 40 point swing between an opponents home court and ours. :confused:

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2008, 10:03 PM
RPI's are about the most accurate thing to deciding a ranking "system when taken into account over a full season.

90BISON
03-13-2008, 10:48 PM
As a sideline to the whole RPI thing, Wyoming with a 26 RPI, didn't even make the tournament, they're hoping for the WNIT. That has to be a bit painfull.

DofR
03-15-2008, 02:44 PM
As a sideline to the whole RPI thing, Wyoming with a 26 RPI, didn't even make the tournament, they're hoping for the WNIT. That has to be a bit painfull.

The women's NCAA tournament selection is March 17. ESPN's bracketology has Wyoming listed as a #9 seed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

BlueKeyAlum
03-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Montana State is in the Big Sky championship match tonight against Montana. Those two teams split during the reg. season.

90BISON
03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
The women's NCAA tournament selection is March 17. ESPN's bracketology has Wyoming listed as a #9 seed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Sorry, got a little ahead of myself, should of figured they'd still get in with their RPI as an at large. Think I got the idea in my head from browsing the Wyo fan site, where they were committing mass suicide after their girls lost in the tourney. Sure it cost them a better seed though.