PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming fans talk about our game...

TheBisonator
03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.wyoming.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=896&fid=2159

A lot of them are treating it like we're a worthless nobody. One Cowboy fan said that New Mexico State would be a better game ONLY because they're I-A. I'm sorry, but we would do to NMSU what we did to Central Michigan. Most of those fans have no clue how good we are. One fan said that Appalachian State at least competes for I-AA championships, but we don't. LOL

I have this game circled on my calendar.

Lakes, YOU BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!!

FarSouth Bison
03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Just give Lakes a shot at these guy's and he will straighten them out. Second thought let them think the Bison are weak, and a easy W, so when the game is over and they look up at the score board and the Cowgirls lose big time, they will wish it was the Sue they played and not the Bison.

Bisonguy
03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
LOL-

They're worried about being Bowl Eligible, when they should be concerned about being Eligible to be Bohl'd Over. :nod:

TransAmBison
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
But if we lose to NDSU, we really should drop down a division - or even drop football altogether

This is one comment I pulled from a post on their board. I love it. If it was a gopher comment it would already be in my signature.

TheBisonator
03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I had a long, respectful, informative post about NDSU at that board, but the damn thing gave me an error message and then erased it, so I couldn't retrieve it.

I'm not even gonna bother posting there.

TransAmBison
03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
No need to inform them. They are FBS. We are FCS and will lose. They don't need to know anything more. That is, until a "Booyah" is thrown down by DA BISON!

bisonmike2
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
This sounds no different than the fans of any other FBS team we've played the last couple of years. Even the Minnesota fans were cocky last year. They didn't learn anything and we had played them the year before! Let them think they are they are the better team, and when the dust settles we'll look at the scoreboard. All I know is that we are 3-1 against FBS teams and we avenged our 1 loss.

Ball St - DEAD!
Central Michigan - DEAD!
Minnesota - DEAD!
Wyoming - ???

Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

Bison bison
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

Holy SH^t yes!

Those games are alphabetical. There is only one more DI team after Wyoming and Youngstown, thus after NDSU plays Yale

(1) The rapture will be at hand!

(2) Zizzybaloba University will be established

(3) NDSU is going to transcend college football, NFC North here we come.!

[With Wyoming and then Youngstown back-to-back, I would seriously consider every one here on Bisonville to start pawnin' their shi-ite, it's only a matter of time!!!]

Jdubs21
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
haha that whole potato thing is funny

CaBisonFan
03-12-2008, 02:38 AM
http://www.wyoming.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=896&fid=2159

A lot of them are treating it like we're a worthless nobody. One Cowboy fan said that New Mexico State would be a better game ONLY because they're I-A. I'm sorry, but we would do to NMSU what we did to Central Michigan. Most of those fans have no clue how good we are. One fan said that Appalachian State at least competes for I-AA championships, but we don't. LOL

I have this game circled on my calendar.

Lakes, YOU BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!!

They're actually being pretty civil over there. It doesn't feel anything like the Minnesota board...yet.

I'd be feeling a lot like them. What I 'read' in most of it is that they're really concerned about losing to us, especially being in a lower division.

We're getting a little bit of respect.

Swany
03-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Neidemeyer ... Dead! I mean, Wyoming, Dead! Their fans may overlook us, but with Joey G. at the helm (being familiar with the Herd) and with our recent successes over FCS teams, it is doubtful that Wyoming will. That said, it is sure nice another FCS is paying us $275,000 to come to their house and, well ...

BisonBrewer
03-12-2008, 03:17 AM
YUP, Joe Glenn will not underestimate the HERD and will have the Cowboys ready to play.

The fans will not get it until they start sweating the scoreboard!

tjbison
03-12-2008, 03:19 AM
YUP, Joe Glenn will not underestimate the HERD and will have the Cowboys ready to play.

The fans will not get it until they start sweating the scoreboard!

Are you Joe Glenn????? j/k:nod: but seriously

TCBisonFan
03-12-2008, 03:19 AM
It's interesting to see some of them rip on NDSU for barely beating the Gophers until one of them got smart and looked into the stats. It seems as if it's about a 50/50 split between those who think they are doing it for an easy win for a bowl eligiblity and then the half who are using their heads and are actually worried! Last time I checked Wyoming doesn't have a reason to be so full of themselves. Central Michigan went to a Bowl game last year and we took it to them and they are talking about needing the win for bowl eligibility? They are in for a surprise when the Bison come to town!

tjbison
03-12-2008, 03:22 AM
It's interesting to see some of them rip on NDSU for barely beating the Gophers until one of them got smart and looked into the stats. It seems as if it's about a 50/50 split between those who think they are doing it for an easy win for a bowl eligiblity and then the half who are using their heads and are actually worried! Last time I checked Wyoming doesn't have a reason to be so full of themselves. Central Michigan went to a Bowl game last year and we took it to them and they are talking about needing the win for bowl eligibility? They are in for a surprise when the Bison come to town!

Get used to it!!, Every FBS team thinks they will run over us, it makes it alot more fun when we beat the SH** out of them!!!

lakesbison
03-12-2008, 04:39 AM
amen brother.. wait til they get a load of me on their board!!

WYOBISONMAN
03-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Joe Glenn will NOT underestimate the HERD. This could be a much tougher game than MN last year.............

BisonBrewer
03-12-2008, 11:30 AM
You're right WYOBISONMAN. Coach Glenn is no Punky Brewster!

aces1180
03-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Joe Glenn will NOT underestimate the HERD. This could be a much tougher game than MN last year.............

Plus, you gotta factor the 7,200 feet above sea level aspect...Highest in all of Division I.

WYOBISONMAN
03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Plus, you gotta factor the 7,200 feet above sea level aspect...Highest in all of Division I.

Yes.......the elevation is tough! Last year when the Cowboys beat Virginia the altituse was a huge factor.

bisonmike2
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Holy SH^t yes!

Those games are alphabetical. There is only one more DI team after Wyoming and Youngstown, thus after NDSU plays Yale

(1) The rapture will be at hand!

(2) Zizzybaloba University will be established

(3) NDSU is going to transcend college football, NFC North here we come.!

[With Wyoming and then Youngstown back-to-back, I would seriously consider every one here on Bisonville to start pawnin' their shi-ite, it's only a matter of time!!!]

Maybe I'm the rainman and have some sort of special autism but I did not intend to list those alpabetically. I was going for more of a Animal House flavor.

stevdock
03-12-2008, 11:35 PM
The thing that I love about this game is that it will give Bohl and the coaches even more incentive to get our boys into the best shape they have ever been in. I've always thought that NDSU has one of the best conditioned teams I've ever seen, but it's gonna be taken to a whole new level with this road trip.

Ferd
03-13-2008, 01:41 AM
The thing that I love about this game is that it will give Bohl and the coaches even more incentive to get our boys into the best shape they have ever been in. I've always thought that NDSU has one of the best conditioned teams I've ever seen, but it's gonna be taken to a whole new level with this road trip.

A couple of years ago I visited the New Mexico Lobos football and basketball facilities. They had a big sign near the players entrance to the football field warning about the effects of the altitude on athletes (5,312 ft).

And Laramie is 2,00 feet higher.

How do you prepare for that? Substitute often? Bring Oxygen? Hire Sherpas?

:confused:

X-Factor
03-13-2008, 02:58 AM
A couple of years ago I visited the New Mexico Lobos football and basketball facilities. They had a big sign near the players entrance to the football field warning about the effects of the altitude on athletes (5,312 ft).

bring a really deep roster :D

seriously, the altitude is what concerns me about this game. I feel we will be better prepared for it than in years past however.

Tatanka
03-13-2008, 03:04 AM

Sounds like a pretty effective intimidation mechanism to me. Perhaps I will bring a sign to hang by the visiting players entrance to the FFD warning them about the effects of getting their butts handed to them in a dome... :nod:

Seriously though, sherpas: not a bad idea. Oxygen: even better.

Herd Mentality
03-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Well, I for one am a little worried.

Muncie, Mount Pleasant, Missoula, Minneapolis.... We own the M's.

Laramie doesn't start with an M. Neither does Wyoming.

Leonardite
03-13-2008, 04:29 AM
I know it's the wrong sport, but this trend is lacking without Madison and Marquette (Milwaukee.)

BlueBisonRock
03-13-2008, 05:34 AM

Laramie doesn't start with an M. Neither does Wyoming.

Lets have a blonde moment. A W is an upside down M... Feel any better?

:biggrin:

TheBisonator
03-13-2008, 05:49 AM
I posted a freindly introduction at the Wyoming Rivals board. Hopefully it'll recieve a good reception.

MontanaBisonFan
03-13-2008, 01:42 PM

Not to Worry

larMie wyoMing

Tatanka
03-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Not to Worry

larMie wyoMing
Props to Mr. One Post!!! I count two (2) M's!!!!!!

:nod:

Herd Mentality
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM

I've been known to reach...but never this far. 8-)

NDSUstudent
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
The M's have been good to us but I think it is time to move on and conquer the rest of the alphabet.

DenverBison05
03-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Also rememebr that we will be playing in the War Memorial stadium.:nod:

WYOBISONMAN
03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Most teams from low elevation like Fargo will bring oxygen to the game and have it on the sidelines. Laramie is much higher than Missoula.......or Ogden, UT.

Fightin' Bison
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM

If only we played a game in "Larmie".

Bisonguy
03-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Also rememebr that we will be playing in the War Memorial stadium.:nod:

That's actually a trifecta!!

War Memorial stadium

Herd Mentality
03-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I have been known to bring canisters of schapps to high elevations games...not oxygen.

DORMIE
03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Back in the days when we traveled as THE ROADWARRIORS, we were at a game in Greeley where they sold beer at the game. During the game AD Bob Entzion sent a full case of beer up to us in the stands. Thank god we had a designated driver for the way home. We stayed in Grand Island.

90BISON
03-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Back in the days when we traveled as THE ROADWARRIORS, we were at a game in Greeley where they sold beer at the game. During the game AD Bob Entzion sent a full case of beer up to us in the stands. Thank god we had a designated driver for the way home. We stayed in Grand Island.

Kinda make you wonder in retrospect if he had an alterior motive?:smh:

90BISON
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Was just on their board the last 15 minutes or so, I couldn't take it anymore. That has to be THE most depressing message board on the planet bar none. (OK maybe SS) Half the posters on there sound like they're ready to jump off a bridge, the other half are living in denial.:p Smacking on their board right now wouldn't even be enjoyable. :smh:

lakesbison
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I Agree... This Will Be Way Too Easy Smacking,,,,

Ill Wait Til July

Bison101
03-14-2008, 02:11 AM
I Agree... This Will Be Way Too Easy Smacking,,,,

Ill Wait Til July

I'll be with you, lakes. Tell me when. :fight:

TheBisonator
03-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Yeah, now is probably not the good time to be talking to them about it. Looks like their women's hoops team had a huge letdown last night...

lakesbison
03-14-2008, 02:57 AM
bison 101..

maybe' ... we'll lie low.. and POUNCE in july-ish...

or just constantly nag on them (im pretty solid in that dept) haha.

MontanaBisonFan
03-14-2008, 10:08 PM
The M's have been good to us but I think it is time to move on and conquer the rest of the alphabet.

There is No immediate Need to move on.

Ball State, Muncie 2006
Stephen F. Austin, LuMberjacks 2006
Georgia Southern off Veterans MeMorial Parkway 2006
MetrodoMe 2006 Moral Victory
Southern Utah, Eccles ColiseuM 2006
UC Davis, Aggie StadiuM 2006

MetrodoMe 2007
Mount Pleasant 2007
Macomb 2007
Mississippi State 2007
Mustangs of Cal Poly 2007

WyoMing, LaraMie 2008
Youngstown is in the Mahoning Valley 2008
Ill State, norMal 2008
Uni-DoMe 2008
Missouri State 2008

Playoffs teams 2008 should be easy with these teams
Uni-DoMe
Massachusetts MinuteMen
Montana Grizzlies
Cal-Poly Mustangs

Then we also have
Mertens

Bison101
03-14-2008, 11:50 PM
bison 101..

maybe' ... we'll lie low.. and POUNCE in july-ish...

or just constantly nag on them (im pretty solid in that dept) haha.

I'll be ready. I'm going to create an account, and act like a normal Wyoming fan. Then, when I've gained their trust, I'll pounce on them on the 4th of July, like a good Bison fan. :nod:

tjbison
03-15-2008, 03:31 PM
"Are you serious? They are chalking this up as a win for them? Its one thing to be confident in your own team but another to prove that you must have an IQ below 80 to live in North Dakota."

Thats a quote from one of their posters, going so far as to Bashing ND, come on its WYOMING, Not many people in ND but less in WYO LAND.:banghead:

Bisonguy
03-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll be ready. I'm going to create an account, and act like a normal Wyoming fan. Then, when I've gained their trust, I'll pounce on them on the 4th of July, like a good Bison fan. :nod:

Please don't. The wolf in sheep's clothing is one of the scummiest things you can do on teh internets message boards. Leave that sort of douchebaggery to people in El Forko Grande.

TransAmBison
03-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Please don't. The wolf in sheep's clothing is one of the scummiest things you can do on teh internets message boards. Leave that sort of douchebaggery to people in El Forko Grande.
++++++++++++++++++

Bison101
03-16-2008, 12:46 AM

I get where you're coming from. I won't then. :smh:

4mcruenomore
03-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Just chatted with a guy I know in wyo country, very confident out there.
quote:if wyo plays to their potential you will get slaughtered. but it they half ass it they will hang

Jdubs21
03-25-2008, 02:56 AM
yeah no matter how down a team is...there will always be the die hard fans that will stick up for their team and say they will win everygame....i only know this cuz i am the same type of fan haha

tjbison
03-25-2008, 03:01 AM
yeah no matter how down a team is...there will always be the die hard fans that will stick up for their team and say they will win everygame....i only know this cuz i am the same type of fan haha

At least you have the balls to admit it!!:p

TheBisonator
04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Another thread on Wyoming's Rivals board where some fans are calling us a DII team, and that we should be no trouble at all.

Getting interesting...

79FCourt
04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
The local Cheyenne radio sports call in show is calling us "the D1-AA team", not NDSU or North Dakota State. Everyone out here is assuming this is an automatic victory. We'll See!!

roadwarrior
04-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Everyone out here is assuming this is an automatic victory. We'll See!!

Just what we want them to think!

90BISON
04-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Shock & Awe Baby!:D I wanna see their stadium cleared, except the Bison section, with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

TheBisonator
04-05-2008, 12:30 AM
One of the posters on WYO Rivals posted my reply to their thread as a new topic.

I'm trying to be as cordial and diplomatic as I can without letting my emotions get to me. It's just the posters who say things like "we should never lose to a IAA team, no matter how good they are," and calling us a DII team that get to me. I told them the Cowboys were my fave IA team, and that is the truth. I invited them to have a discussion here if they please. Let's give the decent WYO fans here a good greeting.

I have never once said that I think we will win the game, but I'm confident in our chances. This game may end up being the closest game of our season, even taking into consideration if we play App State in the playoffs.

imported_Bisongold
04-05-2008, 05:45 AM
I thought sneaking up on anyone was going to be imposssible from last year on, but I do believe that they don't have a clue who they are playing. I do think however that their coaching staff isn't nearly as clueless as some of their posters!

Herd
04-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Let's face it, we could go back to Mt. Pleasant in September and sneak up on the Chips again. Surprising but true! We are FCS, and they just can't fathom that the lower level could complete with them.

Just look at MN if you need a good example. Beat them up and down the field for 4 qtrs in 2006 but lost on the scoreboard. Do you think they were ready for a game the next year? Hell no they weren't! Were the people on the MN message boards giving us a chance? No way, it was supposed to be a slaughter. It is nothing more than arrogance and nievety.

ndsubison1
04-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Let them eat their crow after we put a beating on the Boys

79FCourt
04-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I thought sneaking up on anyone was going to be imposssible from last year on, but I do believe that they don't have a clue who they are playing. I do think however that their coaching staff isn't nearly as clueless as some of their posters!

Joe Glenn has got his ass kicked by the Bison on many occasions. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the old NCC days.

Bisonguy
04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Glenn remembers beating the Bison four out of the last six times he coached against NDSU.