PDA

View Full Version : Some talk of our schedule:

4mcruenomore
03-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Hopefully it goes well for us:
http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/topic30584.php#387567

bisonmike2
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm not too terribly impressed with our non-conference but our monster conference schedule more than makes up for it. I do like the addition of Wyoming. Being in the Gateway assures us that we will always have an awesome schedule with some absolute can't miss home games.

tjbison
03-11-2008, 05:33 PM
pretty bad when the griz posters on a thread about NDSU are bashing their own Schedule, and lovin ours:nod: Our OOC isn't great, but Wyoming will be fun, and the conference IS better than the Big Sky. Can't wait till August!!

HerdBot
03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
pretty bad when the griz posters on a thread about NDSU are bashing their own Schedule, and lovin ours:nod: Our OOC isn't great, but Wyoming will be fun, and the conference IS better than the Big Sky. Can't wait till August!!

It just blows me away how we don't end up playing Montana given the natural geographical fit. These are 2 great teams and fans on both sides are bitching about schedules. Makes pretty darn good sense to play each other every year.

TransAmBison
03-11-2008, 08:26 PM
It just blows me away how we don't end up playing Montana given the natural geographical fit. These are 2 great teams and fans on both sides are bitching about schedules. Makes pretty darn good sense to play each other every year.
If we wanted a patsie to beat up on we'd schedule the gophers again. :D

bisonmike2
03-11-2008, 08:34 PM

I think their fans are definately for it. It's the administration that been hiding behind their budget problems as a reason to only schedule home games instead of actually paying money to go on the road for a non-con game. And it's easy to sell to the people in charge. Well we can spend 100K to go on the road and play another top FCS team or stay home, sell out our place and make 300K by hosting another home game against some cupcake.

That's why I really like what's Gene's done here at NDSU. He understands the financial part but also knows that sometimes it's worth spending some money by going on the road against a non-con FCS team. It gets our name out there and it really invigorates the fan base. Some may argue that Gene really had no choice during the transition days but I think we'll see us try to schedule some quality FCS teams on the road as years go by.

Herd
03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
While MT and ND are neighboring states, I'd hardly consider the Griz/Bison as geographical rivals, with Fargo In ND-east and Missoula in the west of MT. What is it, about 12 hours by car?

Fightin' Bison
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
From eGriz:

"LakeGrizeGrizzer in Training

120 eGriz Bucks

OK, I've looked at Bison sked. Gateway sked is really tough -- they may be trying to get FOUR (4) teams from that league into the playoffs, possibly at Sky's expense of more than ONE.

Non-conf?

Start w/Central Connecticut. Finished behind ALBANY state, which got panned on these boards despite winning its league. Cent Conn finishes 6-5 including a 49-14 home loss to Albany. But CentConn DID beat Merrimack (don't know how they did against the Monitor); killed So. Conn (d2?), beat the St. Francis and Bobby Morris, and Wagner, and Sacred Heart (either the hospital or the church). How do they get praise for that?

Austin takes a Pee. Third in Ohio Valley with a 7-4 record including 3 league losses, the the weakest automatic qualifier league.

Wyoming. 2-6 in its league. Would Cowboy Joe want to be playing Montana? I doubt it, and he may get a surprise from Nodak -- although playing at altitude, what, more than 7,000 feet? could be tough on NoDak.

I am NOT impressed by the nonconference schedule, and NoDak is in a conference now, so it's not as if they CHOSE to play Youngstown and NoIowa, or SoDak State, which they played for decades in the North Central, including the days when the Bison really were North Dakota Agricultural College, ole NDAC.

Just as UM gets the teams it gets because it plays in the Sky.

I happen to be a person who would have preferred to see NDSU and SDSU in the Sky rather than Sac, Portland and Northridge. And that's why I don't want SUU in the league.

next sked to review?"

LakesBison in disguise?

MrTitleist
03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
It's almost 8 hours across Montana, much less to Fargo. Just about 1000 miles. It's almost as fast to drive from Missoula to Sacramento. :)

tcbison
03-12-2008, 12:22 AM
From eGriz:

"LakeGrizeGrizzer in Training

120 eGriz Bucks

OK, I've looked at Bison sked. Gateway sked is really tough -- they may be trying to get FOUR (4) teams from that league into the playoffs, possibly at Sky's expense of more than ONE.

Non-conf?

Start w/Central Connecticut. Finished behind ALBANY state, which got panned on these boards despite winning its league. Cent Conn finishes 6-5 including a 49-14 home loss to Albany. But CentConn DID beat Merrimack (don't know how they did against the Monitor); killed So. Conn (d2?), beat the St. Francis and Bobby Morris, and Wagner, and Sacred Heart (either the hospital or the church). How do they get praise for that?

Austin takes a Pee. Third in Ohio Valley with a 7-4 record including 3 league losses, the the weakest automatic qualifier league.

Wyoming. 2-6 in its league. Would Cowboy Joe want to be playing Montana? I doubt it, and he may get a surprise from Nodak -- although playing at altitude, what, more than 7,000 feet? could be tough on NoDak.

I am NOT impressed by the nonconference schedule, and NoDak is in a conference now, so it's not as if they CHOSE to play Youngstown and NoIowa, or SoDak State, which they played for decades in the North Central, including the days when the Bison really were North Dakota Agricultural College, ole NDAC.

Just as UM gets the teams it gets because it plays in the Sky.

I happen to be a person who would have preferred to see NDSU and SDSU in the Sky rather than Sac, Portland and Northridge. And that's why I don't want SUU in the league.

next sked to review?"

LakesBison in disguise?

No, when LakesBison posts on other websites and doesn't use the LakesBison name, he usually uses CC.

onbison09
03-12-2008, 02:48 AM
This is great:
J ODay:

"Muffy, dear, I'm ready for my three o'clock wet noodle lashing!"

HerdBot
03-12-2008, 03:18 AM
While MT and ND are neighboring states, I'd hardly consider the Griz/Bison as geographical rivals, with Fargo In ND-east and Missoula in the west of MT. What is it, about 12 hours by car?

Thats true if we think like a D2 bus league but we need to think big time. Think about the nfc north. Minny, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan.

actually its not that far from western north dakota and we have a lot of fans out west as far as dickinson. Youngstown is far too. How about Oral Roberts?

Jdubs21
03-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Yea i dont think any game will ever be the same as the goofs....so many allumni in the cities and only a 3 hr drive from fargo, and 5 or so from bismarck