PDA

View Full Version : MVC Championship

tjbison
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Ill ST. vs Drake on CBS

Drake pounding the redbirds 43-21 with 18min left in the 2nd

Mr. Burgundy
03-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Fantastic story....or is it stories for Drake. Just amazing year. They were picked 9th in the conf to start the year. Is it true their point guard Adam E. has shot 4 three pointers all year? Unreal. He is a 3.97 GPA and has 4 majors. Going to the dance, first time since 1971. Couple of years ago we played them in a game I went to....worst refs in the history of refs. You wouldn't even believe how they stole that game from us. They have a really nice facility. I am guessing it got pretty loud at times this year.

Hammersmith
03-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I believe there's a real chance the Valley could be a 1-bid conference this year. Ouch. Illinois St has a decent RPI(30), but they don't have any great wins and a couple of bad losses(including #236 Eastern Michigan).

Good luck to Drake(unless they're playing a SL team).

Mr. Burgundy
03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I agree. It is funny how we cheer on Summit League teams, and Gateway teams, but I always cheered against other NCC teams.

Bison bison
03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
give it time.

90BISON
03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, all the know-it-all basketball wizzards out there have to be losing a lot of sleep over Drake. They are doing / have done everything they are not supposed to do. They absolutely embarrassed the Red Birds. I thought I heard them say that their two previous meetings this year were only single digit victories, wow. Thought their own coach picked them to finish 6th in the MVC, instead #20 in the RPI! Wait till they get a couple more years under their belt, holy crap. How about Emmenecker(sp?), gets the MVP and was orginally a walk on! Hope they go far in the tournament.:nod:

sambini
03-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Nice story on Drake/ Good luck to them in the Dance+++

BearsCountry
03-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree. It is funny how we cheer on Summit League teams, and Gateway teams, but I always cheered against other NCC teams.

I think the difference is in D2 you were the "BCS schools" now its the world against the BCS schools.