PDA

View Full Version : Converted another one!

90BISON
03-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Happened to be at the ORU games last weekend with about 12 other friends and family that I drug along with me. For about 1/2 of them this would have been there first Bison BB game. The ones that had never been to a game before were pretty impressed. One of the people with me was my 11 yr old niece from the Cities who came up with her aunt (my other sister who is also an alum). Took her and my oldest daughter to the women's game in the afternoon also. Told her mom after she got back from the game on Sunday night that she wanted to go to college at NDSU! Certainly couldn't hurt that 3/4 of her immediate relatives also went there. Gotta get'em while they're young.:nod:

Myself and my oldest daughter have managed to make it to about 1/2 the home games this year and have always had company provided season ticket seats, so have always sat next to the same people every game and gotten to know them pretty well. As a very nice gesture on their part on Saturday between games they had purchased a couple of the mini bison basket balls for my daughter and my niece and gave them to us before the men's game. I just thought that was pretty cool and you never know what kind of impact that will have on a kid or their parents regarding future educational decisions.
Probably wouldn't want me to name them outright, but got to know some pretty cool people in Section S this year at the BSA.:nod:

Bison bison
03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
The first friday of lent, Ole began grilling some deer sausage on his grill outside (despite it being 3 below). His Catholic neighbors caught a wiff and became envious of Ole's meal.

The next friday, Ole again grilled deer sausage. And again his Catholic neighbors were tempted.

The next day a group of members of St. Mary's parish went over to Ole's and said, "Ole, you need to become Catholic and quit eating meat on Friday's." Ole wasn't thrilled at the idea, but thought what the heck.

That Sunday afternoon Father O'Flaugherty baptised Ole into the faith proclaiming, "Ole, You were born a Lutheran, You were raised a Lutheran, but now-You Are a Catholic!" Ole thanked Father and his new fellow Catholics and went about his way.

The next Friday, Ole grilled his deer sausage. As he did so he said in a loud voice, "You were born a deer, you were raised a deer, but Now-You are a Fish!"