PDA

View Full Version : What IF?

tjbison
03-01-2008, 06:58 PM
What if this Happened in the FFD?? Would they kick the entire Student section out forever?? I would love to see our games like this someday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgf7HKrdLL8&feature=related

Come on Students, we need you guys!!!!

sambini
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
That would be great+++

onbison09
03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
What if this Happened in the FFD?? Would they kick the entire Student section out forever?? I would love to see our games like this someday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgf7HKrdLL8&feature=related

Come on Students, we need you guys!!!!
They would probably cancel the game and kick everyone out. (at least the students)

skolbrother
03-01-2008, 11:34 PM
I was at that game. It is awesome when the students do that. I heard they actually have cheer practice to teach al the freshmen cheers.

SDbison
03-02-2008, 02:13 AM
At the Fargodome, outside of the student section, it is a big request just to get people to stand let alone jump!

tjbison
03-02-2008, 02:15 AM
At the Fargodome, outside of the student section, it is a big request just to get people to stand let alone jump!

I know, I got in trouble once for standing at Halftime, cause the nice little old lady behind me couldn't see the band director!! thats why on the bottom of the post i'm pleading with the student section to get that place rockin, we know if we jump and cheer we might spend the night in county lockup!!

NDSU1980
03-02-2008, 02:32 AM
I know back in my student days, if I did that much jumping at a game, all 9 beers would have come back up!!!

NDSUguy
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
This will never happen at the fargodome....

why?

Reason #1: The would NEVER play rap music in the fargodome.
Reason #2: NDSU football games are a social event that are mostly attended by those who would rather talk peacefully to their neighbors
Reason #3: NDSU does not want to promote an attitude that might be unsportsman like towards our opponent.

It's really sad that it has to be this way.

I propose that the students do this without the FFD's approval. The band needs to learn to play a song like that one and then it will catch on. I can guarantee that if that song was played the whole student section would Jump.... We just need someone to play the songs that will get the students fired up.....

Unfortunately, the band is still playing the same songs that it did 15 years ago...... Yawn.....

I guess we'll just have to live with another medley comprised of famous Beatles songs.

99Bison
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Very nice, that would be great!

Mr. Burgundy
03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
We flat out do not use our student section properly, or the replay boards. They should have alot of fun stuff on those boards getting the crowd going.

..............or we can just play the Moody Blues at halftime. "The Pride of North Dakota."

roadwarrior
03-02-2008, 11:51 PM
The cheer team should be out there getting the students fired up, instead of doing their stunts down in some corner of the dome floor. They are almost invisible on a football field. It would be much better if they would use their energy to get some cheers going in the student section. ALL IT WOULD TAKE IS SOMEONE TO GET IT GOING! And I agree with Burgundy, the video boards should be used differently than they are today.

Tatanka
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Words with more truth have rarely been put in written form. ++ Burgandy and Road!

02Bison
03-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Do like the Texas A&M Aggies students do and elect "Yell Leaders" in charge of creating unity and leading cheers from the stands.

tjbison
03-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Do like the Texas A&M Aggies students do and elect "Yell Leaders" in charge of creating unity and leading cheers from the stands.

Anybody know any students willing to take this on??? Lets get this going, I watched the ND State Class B girls BB last night and the student sections were jacked up the WHOLE game, and between the two schools there might have been 200 kids it was actually pretty amazing! Imagine if we could get 4000 college kids going, and I agree the Music, Band, and Video boards just don't help with the atmosphere

We are almost there, we have the Facility, the pre-game (tailgating), the team, and in my opinion the best damn fans in the country, all we need is the Gameday HYPE!! I think if the students start, it will catch on and the FFD will without a doubt be the toughest place to play, lets hope we get this figured out before the first playoff game

onbison09
03-03-2008, 02:47 AM
Except no jokes about old coaches-http://www.faniq.com/blog/Texas-AM-Yell-Leader-Puts-Joe-Paterno-On-His-Deathbed-Blog-5515. And the boards suck. (not the boards themselves but what they put on there) "Make some noise" YAWN

imabison
03-03-2008, 02:36 PM
We flat out do not use our student section properly, or the replay boards. They should have alot of fun stuff on those boards getting the crowd going.

..............or we can just play the Moody Blues at halftime. "The Pride of North Dakota."
Let hope that will change with a new director, and hopefully a new direction.

99Bison
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM

++++++++++++++++++++

travelingbison
03-04-2008, 12:30 AM

+++++++++++++

Perhaps that's something that the Student Government could start working on!

HooliganBison
03-04-2008, 02:49 AM
All it really takes is for the students to realize, that they aren't too cool to cheer, and do all the chants. It's kind of like lemmings, you just need to get enough headed in the right direction the rest will follow.

roper1313
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I was at that game. It is awesome when the students do that. I heard they actually have cheer practice to teach al the freshmen cheers.

I certainly hope our incoming freshman can handle shout and jump around.

BigBison
03-06-2008, 05:30 AM
What are you guys talking about we have one of the best students sections in all of FCS!!!!!

Bison_Pride
03-06-2008, 08:59 AM
A lot of stadiums to something like that. Penn State will argue that it started with them doing Zombie nation, that's all over youtube too. I've seen it at U of Iowa also and at Gonzaga basketball games. It looks impressive because their student sections take up about a 1/4 of the stadium.

NDSUguy
03-06-2008, 01:37 PM
What are you guys talking about we have one of the best students sections in all of FCS!!!!!

I don't think that we should compare our student section to just those in the FCS. While we will never have as many students as the BCS schools, we can still compare the activity of the students against those schools.

I have been to many big10/big12 football games and our students on a fundamental level are frankly not nearly as fired up as those schools. I would say that at a typical Bison football game about 1/2 of the students are there to be wild and raucus. The others don't have any idea what is going on.

This thread comes down to this: How can the students at NDSU make a name for themselves? Madison has Jump around.... What do we do? As of now.....not much.

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM

And doesn't everyone make out if Texas A&M scores or something? If they start that tradition you might see a lot of creepy old guys like me hanging out in the student section next to the ladies.

TransAmBison
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
And doesn't everyone make out if Texas A&M scores or something? If they start that tradition you might see a lot of creepy old guys like me hanging out in the student section next to the ladies.
You want to make out with creep old guys in the student section, what????? :D

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 04:53 PM

Read the highlighted and underlined again, TransAMBison. I would be one of the creepy old guys hanging out to get the action from the ladies. Until the wife would see me and the big screen and rip my balls off.

TransAmBison
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Read the highlighted and underlined again, TransAMBison. I would be one of the creepy old guys hanging out to get the action from the ladies. Until the wife would see me and the big screen and rip my balls off.
Just havin' a little fun with ya. But seriously, why would you want your wife to see you making out with creepy old guys on the big screen? :D

90BISON
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM

I think the more appropriate term would be "girls", considering most of them are about a year past mandatory prison time.;)

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I think the more appropriate term would be "girls", considering most of them are about a year past mandatory prison time.;)

It doesn't matter if they are 18 or 80. Legal is legal.

90BISON
03-06-2008, 07:31 PM
It doesn't matter if they are 18 or 80. Legal is legal.

Yea, run that one past your wife. Guessing you will be wishing you were in prison.:D

TransAmBison
03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
It doesn't matter if they are 18 or 80.
You know....

Too easy. Merely quoting it is enough for a laugh in my book. Quote of the day if you ask me.

tjbison
03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't think that we should compare our student section to just those in the FCS. While we will never have as many students as the BCS schools, we can still compare the activity of the students against those schools.

I have been to many big10/big12 football games and our students on a fundamental level are frankly not nearly as fired up as those schools. I would say that at a typical Bison football game about 1/2 of the students are there to be wild and raucus. The others don't have any idea what is going on.

This thread comes down to this: How can the students at NDSU make a name for themselves? Madison has Jump around.... What do we do? As of now.....not much.

You are correct! that was my intention with this thread! thanks NDSUguy

TheBisonator
03-07-2008, 02:13 AM
I always thought that a song that would be cool for our band to learn (especially our basketball pep band) is "Walkie-Talkie Man" by Steriogram. I was watching a Pac-10 men's hoops game (I think it was at Wash. State??), and the band was playing that, and it got the crowd really fired up. Sometimes all it takes is some new songs. That song in particular is tailor-made for college pep bands, even though it's a hard rock song.

tjbison
03-07-2008, 05:28 AM
I always thought that a song that would be cool for our band to learn (especially our basketball pep band) is "Walkie-Talkie Man" by Steriogram. I was watching a Pac-10 men's hoops game (I think it was at Wash. State??), and the band was playing that, and it got the crowd really fired up. Sometimes all it takes is some new songs. That song in particular is tailor-made for college pep bands, even though it's a hard rock song.

Not to sound negative, but who does our band FIRE UP??? I know they don't have the biggest budget, but that doesn't mean they can't play some good tunes!! College football + Band = ATMOSPHERE!!!

I hope they can FIRE IT UP in '08!!