PDA

View Full Version : Start your laughing!

Bison Dan
02-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Here's the 2008 und schedule

Home:
Western Washington
Wisconsin La Crosse - D3 (Good Program)
Southern Utah
Texas AM Kingsville
St Cloud

Away:
Idaho State
Southern Illinois
SE Lousiana State
South Dakota
Cal Davis

Open dates Oct 4th and 11th

1 DI home game and SUtah went 0-11 last year!

Mr. Burgundy
02-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Prior to Lennon leaving he was on the Dan Hammer show really talking about a fabulous schedule. I was getting very jealous.....did things change when he left? That schedule isn't very impressive....of course, either was their recruiting class. The sting of D1 I guess. It isn't easy. I still think they should have opened up the coaching search.

imabison
02-29-2008, 03:16 PM

Home:
Western Washington
Southern Utah
Texas AM Kingsville
St Cloud

Away:
Idaho State
Southern Illinois
SE Lousiana State
South Dakota
Cal Davis

Not even a Cal Poly game, oh conference does not matter when the playoff are in the picture and you are in transition.

aces1180
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM

Home:
Western Washington
Southern Utah
Texas AM Kingsville
St Cloud

Away:
Idaho State
Southern Illinois
SE Lousiana State
South Dakota
Cal Davis

Do any of their open dates match up with ours? ;)

****Not worth playing them until they are a counter...However would still draw more than The Missouri College for the Deaf and Dumb.

Greenie
02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Oct 4 and 11 are filled on NDSU's schedule

extremerouge
02-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Oct 4 and 11 are filled on NDSU's schedule
that's a bummer if those two dates stay open...back to back off weeks would be awful

tcbison
02-29-2008, 04:01 PM
I wonder what a home schedule like that will do for their attendance.

bincitysioux
02-29-2008, 04:03 PM
that's a bummer if those two dates stay open...back to back off weeks would be awful

I agree with that. There are rumors that UND is still negotiating with Cal Poly. We originally had a signed contract with them last fall, but it was voided by the GWFC commissioner.

By cooincidence, Poly also still has open dates on Oct. 4 & 11, although South Dakota will likely take up one of those spots.

Bison"FANatic"
02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Remember how much crap we received for our first year of transition schedule. I wonder if they now understand the predicament you go through in the transition. One would hope they can go at least 8-2 with that schedule maybe even undefeated in the first year of D1.;)

skolbrother
02-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Are their dates where UND an NDSU are both at home, then lets look at attendance, decibel level in stadium and general relevance that will definitely be good for laughs.

NDSUstudent
02-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I looked at what they were saying over at siouxsports and was dizzy from all the spin going on about their schedule.

lakesbison
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Why Dont You All Have A Glass Of "who The Hell Cares!!!!!!"

And Pass It To The Bison Fan On Your Left!!

roadwarrior
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Refill please!

aces1180
02-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't...You are not the opinion police.

TransAmBison
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't...You are not the opinion police.
Are you sure? Be careful if he flashes his "badge"

Tatanka
02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj121/rainydaylil/laughing.jpg

I don't care who you are, that schedule is damn funny, especially in light of the flood of schedule-related commentary from downstream during NDSU's first year in transition. Me thinky they not laughing so much now.

Tatanka
02-29-2008, 06:54 PM
And yes, I'm being a jackass.
--
Tatanka: Saving Shawn-O from having to post the obvious since 2003.

tony
02-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Man, I guess UND really showed NDSU how it's done!

That has to be the one of the bottom five worst schedules in the history of DI football.

Bison bison
02-29-2008, 08:14 PM
their home schedule sucks, but it's not horrible as a whole.

i can't see them selling season tickets to all but the most die hard fans.

i can't believe they didn't do a 2 for 1 or write a big check for at least one killer home fcs game.

unbison
02-29-2008, 08:22 PM
well the whole reason lakes does not want anyone to talk about the Sioux is he is secretly waiting for a name change to become the man on the Sioux's forum... he just can not and will not be part of anything that is as irresponsible as a name like sioux...... i mean .... they never used that name themsleves..... they should be the fighting lakota.... but rest assured as soon as a name change comes along it will be lakes_______

-

onbison09
02-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I wonder what a home schedule like that will do for their attendance.
Can't get much worse can it?

tjbison
02-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Where's DaveK now!!!:D i'm sure he will be able to "defend" that schedule with some sort of "Logic"

NDSUstudent
02-29-2008, 10:13 PM

Home:
Western Washington
Southern Utah
Texas AM Kingsville
St Cloud

Away:
Idaho State
Southern Illinois
SE Lousiana State
South Dakota
Cal Davis

Our 2004 schedule

Valpo
@UNC
Montana Tech
Carson Newman(top 10 DII)
@Nicholls State
@SDSU
SUU
Cal Poly(top 10)
Northwestern State(top 15)
@Weber State
@UCD(top 25)

This is just another example of the great work Gene Taylor has done in the scheduling department. When you compare our year one schedule with UND's, it is no contest. Amazing how he got a top 25 team in Northwestern State to Fargo in year one.

Herd
02-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm going to be honest. . . their schedule is about what you'd expect and isn't too bad. Their away schedule isn't bad at all. . . Big Sky, Gateway, Southland, Great West (1), GW newbee (1). I don't think it warrants too much chest thumping by Bison fans. I would agree that they should have done a 2-1 to bring a bigger name home for 2008, but I really don't think its too bad overall.

Just being honest. Now, it better look a whole lot better in 5 years.

TheBisonator
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Our 2004 schedule

Valpo
@UNC
Montana Tech
@Nicholls State
@SDSU
SUU
Cal Poly(top 10)
@Weber State
@UCD(top 25)

This is just another example of the great work Gene Taylor has done in the scheduling department. When you compare our year one schedule with UND's, it is no contest. Amazing how he got a top 25 team in Northwestern State to Fargo in year one.

UND has in their home schedule in 2008:

1) One of the worst FCS scholarship teams (SUU)
2) A decent DII team (TAMUK)
3) Another decent DII team (WWU)
4) Mediocre DII team (SCSU)
5) Pretty good DIII team (UWL)

In our 2004 home schedule (we had 6 games, BTW):

1) Very good FCS scholarship team (Cal-Poly)
2) Another very good FCS scholarship team (NW State)
3) Crappy FCS scholarship team - Not as bad as 2007 team (SUU)
4) Non-scholarship FCS Pioneer League team (Valpo)
5) Top-10 DII team (Carson-Newman)
6) Crappy NAIA team (Mont. Tech)

Our schedule was considerably better. Hope the sue fans keep their mouths shut about it.

Shawn-O
03-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm going to be honest. . . their schedule is about what you'd expect and isn't too bad. Their away schedule isn't bad at all. . . Big Sky, Gateway, Southland, Great West (1), GW newbee (1). I don't think it warrants too much chest thumping by Bison fans. I would agree that they should have done a 2-1 to bring a bigger name home for 2008, but I really don't think its too bad overall.

I will be honest as well. Am I happy with the schedule? No. Butler, San Diego, McNeese St and Cal-Poly all fell through, and Mussman and staff were left to their own devices to complete it. They are still working on an 11th game, but I will support them regardless of how it shakes out at the end. Maybe Wyoming has an opening?

Bison101
03-01-2008, 12:59 AM

Home:
Western Washington
Southern Utah
Texas AM Kingsville
St Cloud

Away:
Idaho State
Southern Illinois
SE Lousiana State
South Dakota
Cal Davis

U.N.D. might as well play UM Crookston for the schedule they put together!:D

Bison bison
03-01-2008, 02:36 AM

Their schedule is fine.

NDSU took a lot of flack for its first year scheduling from many including UND fans. The Bison schedule was significantly better than this one, thus the chest thumping.

Bison101
03-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Their schedule is fine.

NDSU took a lot of flack for its first year scheduling from many including UND fans. The Bison schedule was significantly better than this one, thus the chest thumping.

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! :D

Mr. Burgundy
03-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Maybe Lakes and SDBison could help Mussman with the schedule. They could post the teams that have openings on a message board, according to them, it is really easy!

Tatanka
03-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't worry, fans of teh unifersity, at least one man's got your back:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/rick-graph.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

When you're down and feeling sad about your home football schedule, just click on the chart. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Come to think of it, you're still looking for an AD, aren't you?

CarringtonBison
03-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't worry, fans of teh unifersity, at least one man's got your back:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/rick-graph.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

When you're down and feeling sad about your home football schedule, just click on the chart. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Come to think of it, you're still looking for an AD, aren't you?

very nice, rep points to you

Shawn-O
03-01-2008, 03:44 PM
And yes, I'm being a jackass.
--
Tatanka: Saving Shawn-O from having to post the obvious since 2003.

After the outing of the tinsel wig....I've got nothin'.

SDbison
03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Maybe Lakes and SDBison could help Mussman with the schedule. They could post the teams that have openings on a message board, according to them, it is really easy!
Well it is UND's first year DI schedule......NDSU's wasn't that much better, but then football has always been big at NDSU. I am sure all the Bison homers made it sound like Gene had put something togther that was good as a Big Ten schedule 5 years ago. BTW, I never posted any of the FCS or FBS openings, just pointed out that the number of possibilities went from numerous to near nothing for a good 11th DI game. Sorry, it is Genes job to compete the schedule. Sorry if his grade C for this year might slip to a D. But I suppose with some of you if he takes his top off you would give him an A for scheduling.

NDSU1980
03-02-2008, 12:46 AM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj121/rainydaylil/laughing.jpg

I don't care who you are, that schedule is damn funny, especially in light of the flood of schedule-related commentary from downstream during NDSU's first year in transition. Me thinky they not laughing so much now.

Seriously, that old nag may very well be the trucks new mascot. Last I heard "Nakota's" was edging "Flickertails" by a nose to replace the Sioux mascot.

NDSU1980
03-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Hey, is that Saint Cloud game a for sure thing for the trucks? I heard one time that SC was having trouble getting it to work with the NSIC. Anyone know anything?

DIBISON
03-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Our 2004 schedule

Valpo
@UNC
Montana Tech
@Nicholls State
@SDSU
SUU
Cal Poly(top 10)
@Weber State
@UCD(top 25)

You are so right, there is no comparison between the two schedules. Do I understand that they have only one FCS opponent at home for 2008 and the rest are DII & DIII?

BigBison
03-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Their home games are really weak. 1 really bad DI team and the rest are D2 or 3s. At least NDSU had 4 D1 home games, actually Montana Tech was the only really crappy game.

tjbison
03-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Their home games are really weak. 1 really bad DI team and the rest are D2 or 3s. At least NDSU had 4 D1 home games, actually Montana Tech was the only really crappy game.

Valpo wasn't exactly a barn burner 52-0 was the score, Montana tech atleast scored 3 points 56-3 final in that one. we lost to #6 Cal poly 10-13, we beat #15 Northwestern St. 30-17, and #20 UC-Davis 25-7. we also lost to Northern Colorado and the bunnies that year, so I don't think anyone can say it was to easy of a schedule. Finished 7-3 not too bad! UND should easily go 7-3, i'm calling it now loses to SIU, UC davis, and Southern Utah pulls it out:D

Tatanka
03-02-2008, 02:33 PM
and Southern Utah pulls it out:D
Now THAT would be funny.:nod:

Mr. Burgundy
03-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Why was Lennon on the radio raving about the schedule? Did things change after he left?

4mcruenomore
03-03-2008, 12:34 AM
This schedule isn't all that bad, it's the best they could do. I do wish though, that they could have scheduled Mary, I mean, a up and coming DII powerhouse is better than a DIII, plus I know lots of Bis. people that would have bought tickets. All I can say, is that I"m glad as F*CK that they are 4 years behind us, we Bison fans can atleast have that for now.

Shawn-O
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Why was Lennon on the radio raving about the schedule? Did things change after he left?

It's my understanding that games with Butler, San Diego, McNeese State, and Cal-Poly were all teed up and ready to go. Not sure why it fell apart.

Tatanka
03-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Depending on who you listen to, those games fell apart because teams were scared to play UND due to all their recent success. Or they are a victim of NDSU's successful transition. I mean, if a mediocre D-II team can find success in teh FCS, then think about what a top tier D-II team can do... Either way, their schedule (and their football team) is obviously superior. Just ask their fan base. :rolleyes:

Oops. That must be my Ag School ego getting the best of me again...:rofl::innocent:

tjbison
03-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Depending on who you listen to, those games fell apart because teams were scared to play UND due to all their recent success. Or they are a victim of NDSU's successful transition. I mean, if a mediocre D-II team can find success in teh FCS, then think about what a top tier D-II team can do... Either way, their schedule (and their football team) is obviously superior. Just ask their fan base. :rolleyes:

Oops. That must be my Ag School ego getting the best of me again...:rofl::innocent:

I agree, thats a load of crap, NDSU didn't have that big of a problem scheduling after we went to Missoula and beat the mighty GRIZ! sorry, but i'm sure that Mcneese St. thought holy crap we can't play UND they are WAY to good for us!! ok i'm done, just sick of hearing that excuse

NDSU1980
03-03-2008, 02:58 AM
but i'm sure that Mcneese St. thought holy crap we can't play UND they are WAY to good for us!!

Mcneese may not have thought that, but Roger Thomas sure thought that about NDSU back in 2003 when he made the big announcement that they never wanted to play us again.

I can't believe how many sioux fans forget that statement when they cry about not being able to play us. Remember, und turned chicken and ran, not us.

dmksioux
03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I agree, thats a load of crap, NDSU didn't have that big of a problem scheduling after we went to Missoula and beat the mighty GRIZ! sorry, but i'm sure that Mcneese St. thought holy crap we can't play UND they are WAY to good for us!! ok i'm done, just sick of hearing that excuse

Wow...you guys sure don't let things go. My point on the other board is that NDSU showed the DI-AA (FCS) schools that a better than average (changed it from mediocre) DII school can compete well at the next level. I don't know that there had been a whole lot of success by DII schools playing DI-AA prior to NDSU's transition as I really did not follow those matchups that closely. I was basically giving NDSU credit for what they did and I respect what the Bison have done with their transition. I just happen to feel that it may have made it more difficult for UND to schedule quality opponents.

Herd
03-03-2008, 11:18 PM
UND is a non-counter for 2008, I think that is the biggest issue by far. If I were CP or McNeese, I don't want non-counters on the schedule, period. It doesn't matter is they are good or crappy, they don't count toward playoff eligibility. That's the bottom line. If und wants to make it out that they are a good team, go ahead. . . but you are a non-counter and teams with playoff aspirations don't want to play you. This isn't complicated folks, it's pretty straight forward.

For a SD or Bulter, they probably aren't going anywhere anyway, so it wouldn't be as big of an issue. NDSU had the luxury of more good teams transitioning in 2003 than und does in 2008, thus a better schedule.

Tatanka
03-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Thank you dmk for the rational explanation.

Put into the context of the general douchebaggery from the university faithful surrounding NDSU's transition (especially in the first couple years), the lack of willingness to let go makes some sense.

For a good laugh (or a good cry, depending on your perspective), just search the archives... now consider what your reaction would be if you had another school dogging your school's move forward and attempting to drag your school down (yes, there was participation at every level of the University, from the president on down).

Now, you can argue that you're catching some of that same hell from fans of teh Ag College. To that I would say, perhaps, but it's from a different perspective: the "been there, done that", the "I told you so", or the "what goes around comes around". Bottom line: any perceived crap flinging in UND's direction was extremely well-earned. Does that make it right, maybe not, but IMO it's at the very least understandable.

As for why teams won't play you, consider this: how UND treated NDSU during their transition was well-known, well-documented, and was duly noted (for example, the commish of the Summit League referenced it on several occasions). Maybe that might have nothing to do with things whatsoever, but ain't karma a bitch?

TransAmBison
03-04-2008, 01:30 AM

Put into the context of the general douchebaggery from the university faithful surrounding NDSU's transition (especially in the first couple years), the lack of willingness to let go makes some sense.

For a good laugh (or a good cry, depending on your perspective), just search the archives... now consider what your reaction would be if you had another school dogging your school's move forward and attempting to drag your school down (yes, there was participation at every level of the University, from the president on down).

Now, you can argue that you're catching some of that same hell from fans of teh Ag College. To that I would say, perhaps, but it's from a different perspective: the "been there, done that", the "I told you so", or the "what goes around comes around". Bottom line: any perceived crap flinging in UND's direction was extremely well-earned. Does that make it right, maybe not, but IMO it's at the very least understandable.

As for why teams won't play you, consider this: how UND treated NDSU during their transition was well-known, well-documented, and was duly noted (for example, the commish of the Summit League referenced it on several occasions). Maybe that might have nothing to do with things whatsoever, but ain't karma a bitch?
++++++++++

aces1180
03-04-2008, 03:00 AM

DMK just got served...http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/yougotserved-22974.jpg

skolbrother
03-04-2008, 03:57 AM

So well said. I think some people underestimate the power of an acknowledgment of their miscalculation and the fences it may begin to mend.

bisonhusker
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
All I know is that I was in my car one day listening to Lennon just pimp their schedule and how they were going to announce it very soon, and that it was amazing.....and I was pissed. Totally jealous that he had such an easy time making a schedule after we struggled so bad.

Then, he leaves, takes a recruit....and the schedule comes out looking like someone deleted the words "University of Augustana" from the top of the schedule and put "University of North Dakota." We all know that scheduling isn't easy....especially in year #1 of a transition (that they chose to do 5 years too late after verbally degrading us for doing it) but their schedule is very poor. I know they are on full blown spin mode in Grand Forks about it, but they must have had some teams back out on their rookie coach.

If their administration was in order, maybe this stuff wouldn't happen? Hard to feel bad for a school that destroyed us for making the move. Things are looking ok for NDSU now.

Bison Dan
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
All I know is that I was in my car one day listening to Lennon just pimp their schedule and how they were going to announce it very soon, and that it was amazing.....and I was pissed. Totally jealous that he had such an easy time making a schedule after we struggled so bad.

Then, he leaves, takes a recruit....and the schedule comes out looking like someone deleted the words "University of Augustana" from the top of the schedule and put "University of North Dakota." We all know that scheduling isn't easy....especially in year #1 of a transition (that they chose to do 5 years too late after verbally degrading us for doing it) but their schedule is very poor. I know they are on full blown spin mode in Grand Forks about it, but they must have had some teams back out on their rookie coach.

If their administration was in order, maybe this stuff wouldn't happen? Hard to feel bad for a school that destroyed us for making the move. Things are looking ok for NDSU now.

I feel so sorry for them I can't sleep at night!

DORMIE
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Along with not being able to fill their schedule, aren't they going to be adding a couple more assistant coaches? Probably add a couple more local high school coaches that really have a great recruiting base to help them with their transition.

Bisonguy
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
DMK just got served...http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/yougotserved-22974.jpg

I prefer this video representation myself- dmk got owned (http://you.justgotowned.com)

tjbison
03-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I see in the GF Herald today UND signed an agreement to play Idaho of the WAC in 2010 and 2011, last year they were 1-11 with the only win over Cal-Poly, (i would assume Poly really had a bad game to lose that one)

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=69442&section=sports

Bisonguy
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I see in the GF Herald today UND signed an agreement to play Idaho of the WAC in 2010 and 2011, last year they were 1-11 with the only win over Cal-Poly, (i would assume Poly really had a bad game to lose that one)

Yeah, should be UND's first FBS wins. Using the Massey Rating that some UND fans seem so enthralled with, Idaho was the #230 football team in the nation last year.

Tatanka
03-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Yay! The Kibbie Dome!!!

Quite possibly the worst "dome" ever. Makes teh tin shed look like the Taj Mahal and the DakotaDome look like, well, ok never mind..

OTOH, consider this:

the "crowd" at the Kibbie (max 16000 by the way) : teh average crowd at the tin shed
::
the crowd at the Fargodome South vs Minnesota : teh average crowd at the Fargodome.

TheBisonator
03-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Yay! The Kibbie Dome!!!

Quite possibly the worst "dome" ever. Makes teh tin shed look like the Taj Mahal and the DakotaDome look like, well, ok never mind..

OTOH, consider this:

the "crowd" at the Kibbie (max 16000 by the way) : teh average crowd at the tin shed
the crowd at the Fargodome South vs Minnesota : teh average crowd at the Fargodome.

To break it down for those of you who may not get it:

16,000 compared to 10,000 (1.6)

is basically the same as

29,000 or so compared to 18,141 (1.6).

Thank you.

:D

Tatanka
03-05-2008, 01:05 AM
To break it down for those of you who may not get it:

16,000 compared to 10,000 (1.6)

is basically the same as

29,000 or so compared to 18,141 (1.6).

Thank you.

:D
well, actually, I was attempting to be clever. but I forgot a key component of teh smack. I will try again...

the "crowd" at the Kibbie (max 16000 by the way) : teh average crowd at the tin shed in 2008
the crowd at the Fargodome South (BISON vs Minnesota) : teh average crowd at the Fargodome.

Please recalculate. :hide:

Bison Dan
03-05-2008, 12:14 PM

Poly had 5 turnovers in a game they should have won.

bisonhusker
03-05-2008, 05:29 PM
If you listen to the Dan Hammer show (aka...the Sioux Show) they are talking about the Sioux's schedule this year. He hasn't made fun of it yet. I think they play the same schedule as Moorhead State this season. Seriously....

aces1180
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
If you listen to the Dan Hammer show (aka...the Sioux Show) they are talking about the Sioux's schedule this year. He hasn't made fun of it yet. I think they play the same schedule as Moorhead State this season. Seriously....

I figured it was similar to NDSCS's as well.

met1990
03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
He's comparing NDSU's first D-I schedule with UNDs. I'm waiting for him to decide which one's tougher.

Mr. Burgundy
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I wonder if Hammer actually knows he does the show from Fargo???? Could you imagine if there was a Bison program on the air all the time in Grand Forks? Not a chance they would allow it.

BisBison
03-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I wonder if Hammer actually knows he does the show from Fargo???? Could you imagine if there was a Bison program on the air all the time in Grand Forks? Not a chance they would allow it.

The difference is, why would anyone who graduates from NDSU move to GF? und grads have to move to Fargo to find a job, plus who would live in GF on purpose?

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2008, 01:02 AM
That is fine if they want to move here, but we don't need to accomodate them with a radio show. I just think that if Hammer wanted ratings, he would do anything in his power to promote Bison Athletics.

4mcruenomore
03-06-2008, 02:44 AM
what's the scoop on Wis. "calling" UND for a game????

Tatanka
03-06-2008, 02:49 AM
Yes, according to an article (http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=69442)in teh UND Secret Bunker Spin Journal a.k.a. Herald, Wisconsin called Mussman three times.

Note the lack of specifics as to what the calls were about. For all we know, the calls were returning calls from Mussman, each one telling him "no franking way".

4mcruenomore
03-06-2008, 03:15 AM
That was my guess also, but the NDSU bashing begins yet again. I heard it at work again from the UND grads.

tjbison
03-06-2008, 04:20 AM
what's the scoop on Wis. "calling" UND for a game????

Its just a ploy to make their Team seem like they matter in the D1 world, but in the reality we all know where they stand!!

tjbison
03-06-2008, 04:25 AM
:banghead:
That was my guess also, but the NDSU bashing begins yet again. I heard it at work again from the UND grads.

You should know by know that UND can sh!t on us all they want, but god forbid any NDSU fan say anything good or bad about the flickers!!! whether on our board, AGS or theirs!!!*

* sorry had to vent after dealing with an a-hole UND fan telling me tonight our FB schedule is weak!!!?????

Hammersmith
03-06-2008, 04:42 AM
:banghead:

You should know by know that UND can sh!t on us all they want, but god forbid any NDSU fan say anything good or bad about the flickers!!! whether on our board, AGS or theirs!!!*

* sorry had to vent after dealing with an a-hole UND fan telling me tonight our FB schedule is weak!!!?????

A UND fan telling us OUR schedule is weak??

2007 Final GPI Rankings:

UNI 2
SIU 5
SDSU 14
YSU 18
WIU 26
MSU 36
ILSt 45
APU 75
CCS 92
INSt 112

SIU 5
UCD 41
SELA 74
IDSt 78
SUU 83
USD DII (not ranked)
SCSU DII (not ranked)
WWU DII (not ranked)
TAMUK DII (not ranked)
UW-L DIII (not ranked)

Our OCC might be pretty weak(so far), but half of our schedule was in the top-25(counting WIU).

TheBisonator
03-06-2008, 05:23 AM
tjbison and 4mcrue, keep your heads up guys. We all know where they are in terms of relevance in the non-hockey world (Read: NONE). I had an argument with a UND student (coincidentally at the Taco Bell next to campus on 19th Ave. that's basically the NDSU student's big after-1am hangout), and I ripped him to shreds in the argument. Kid didn't even know his facts. The und goobers have been eating a lot of crow the past couple years, and I have a feeling they'll be eating a lot more. Keep your heads up.

JackJD
03-06-2008, 05:51 AM
...The und goobers have been eating a lot of crow the past couple years,...

I had to laugh. Not too long ago, I was in a conversation with a fellow who suggested UND should change its team name to the Goobers.

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Yes, according to an article (http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=69442)in teh UND Secret Bunker Spin Journal a.k.a. Herald, Wisconsin called Mussman three times.

Note the lack of specifics as to what the calls were about. For all we know, the calls were returning calls from Mussman, each one telling him "no franking way".

No Mussman was prank calling the Wisc AD. Like, "Hey, <Wisc AD>, I found your wallet. Please call me back at 701-UND-SUCK." or "Hey you may already be a millionaire, for more info please call.." Or maybe the Wisc AD was calling him to get Gene's number b/c he misplaced it. "Hey Mussman, yeah, great to talk to you too. No, sorry our schedule is pretty booked right now. Uh, for how long? Ahh, well, for quite awhile. Can I ask you a question? Hey do you have Gene Taylors number at NDSU, I can't seem to find it anywhere."

met1990
03-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Someone needs to refresh my memory. Don't you have to average 60 scholarships for three years before an FCS team is eligible to play an FBS team? Am I missing something? I seem to recall that rule, which is why I'm wondering how UND would have any shot at playing Wisconsin already this fall.

Hammersmith
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Someone needs to refresh my memory. Don't you have to average 60 scholarships for three years before an FCS team is eligible to play an FBS team? Am I missing something? I seem to recall that rule, which is why I'm wondering how UND would have any shot at playing Wisconsin already this fall.

57 for two years. As for Wisconsin, no shot, no shot at all.

met1990
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks Hammer. I was wondering how Mussman thought he almost had a November game lined up. Maybe he was talking about November 2012.

bisonhusker
03-06-2008, 04:10 PM
It was a D3 school in Wisco that called Mussman back, not "THE WISCO." That is the difference. They signed that contract. I read them "spinning" that game recently too...."A D3 school beat SDSU two years ago, so they are going to be tough...."

met1990
03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks Husker.

met1990
03-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I take it that USD hasn't released an '08 schedule yet?

Hambone
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
57 for two years. As for Wisconsin, no shot, no shot at all.

I thought that was only to be considered a counter (since FBS teams can count 1 win per year of an FCS team). I don't think there's anything that says they can't play a team that's not a counter, is there?

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Not to highjack this thread but has anyone seen Nebraska's schedule? I think they open the season with 5 straight home games including a game against Virginia Tech. There toughest road game is at Oklahoma.

Bison bison
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
yeah, looked at the huskers schedule yesterday.

real garbage with the exception of virginia tech.

BisManBison
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
No Mussman was prank calling the Wisc AD. Like, "Hey, <Wisc AD>, I found your wallet. Please call me back at 701-UND-SUCK." or "Hey you may already be a millionaire, for more info please call.." Or maybe the Wisc AD was calling him to get Gene's number b/c he misplaced it. "Hey Mussman, yeah, great to talk to you too. No, sorry our schedule is pretty booked right now. Uh, for how long? Ahh, well, for quite awhile. Can I ask you a question? Hey do you have Gene Taylors number at NDSU, I can't seem to find it anywhere."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bisonmike2
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
yeah, looked at the huskers schedule yesterday.

real garbage with the exception of virginia tech.

If they had any hint of a decent team they'd lose maybe 3 games with that schedule. Who knows what Pelinni will get out of that team.

Trim
03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought that was only to be considered a counter (since FBS teams can count 1 win per year of an FCS team). I don't think there's anything that says they can't play a team that's not a counter, is there?

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Wasn't UC Davis a non-counter when they beat Stanford? I could be way off...

Bisonguy
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah, that sounds familiar. Wasn't UC Davis a non-counter when they beat Stanford? I could be way off...

Yeah, UC-Davis was not a counter when they beat Stanford. A FBS team can also play multiple FCS teams, but only one can be designated as a bowl-qualifying win per year (provided, of course, that the FCS opponent is qualified).

sambini
03-07-2008, 03:12 AM
If they had any hint of a decent team they'd lose maybe 3 games with that schedule. Who knows what Pelinni will get out of that team. Bo will get more out of that team than Callahan did.