PDA

View Full Version : More yellow for home games

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 12:21 AM
YELLOW FOR HOME GAMES!

MORE YELLOW!

This has been one of my long standing pet peeves. Why does everyone not wear yellow/gold to home games?

Yeah I know green is one of the primary bison colors ... but look how much cooler yellow looks in the stands!

PICTURE #1 is a "half assed yellow out." It looks ok but its not completely intimidating.

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/193574940_vZfGE-M.jpg

PICTURE #2 is a "complete yellow out!" You gotta admit that looks pretty sweet!

http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/193576132_KfkfJ-M.jpg

So I challenge all Bison fans to go out and buy a yellow/gold shirt for home games and let's make the entire dome look like the student section. We've got 6 months to do it! If your not a fan of yellow... try gold!

ANYONE GOT SOME LINKS FOR YELLOW/GOLD GAME DAY GOODS?

skolbrother
02-28-2008, 12:28 AM
If everyone were as passionate as you great but don't let it be a pet peeve. My brother barely knows 2 hours before game time if he is coming to the game whats less plan his wardrobe to wear yellow. He is still a fan of over 35 years ... a big tent all are welcome and in time we will get them to drink the yellow kool-aid(ooh that sounds kind of gross... you know what I mean)

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 01:27 AM
YELLOW FOR HOME GAMES!

MORE YELLOW!

This has been one of my long standing pet peeves. Why does everyone not wear yellow/gold to home games?

Yeah I know green is one of the primary bison colors ... but look how much cooler yellow looks in the stands!

PICTURE #1 is a "half assed yellow out." It looks ok but its not completely intimidating.

So I challenge all Bison fans to go out and buy a yellow/gold shirt for home games and let's make the entire dome look like the student section. We've got 6 months to do it! If your not a fan of yellow... try gold!

Actually what the fans wear doesnt intimidate the opposing team. It might look good and make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy but it wont have any effect on the outcome of the game.
As a matter of fact I didnt know until last year that you were supposedly supposed to wear yelow-gold for home games.
Green or Gold is fine with me. But I look better in green. LOL PL

OldBison
02-28-2008, 03:06 AM
YELLOW FOR HOME GAMES!

MORE YELLOW!

I personally look so much more sexy in green that I never wear yellow, young co-eds with manufactured breasts never grab my ass when I wear yellow:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Bison06
02-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Actually what the fans wear doesnt intimidate the opposing team. It might look good and make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy but it wont have any effect on the outcome of the game.
As a matter of fact I didnt know until last year that you were supposedly supposed to wear yelow-gold for home games.

I respectfully disagree, I think having a fanbase organized can be intimidating to an opposing team. But, more importantly it gives our players a sense that we are actively participating in the game, not just there watching. I don't think it should be underestimated the effect that these yellow or blue or white outs have on the play of the team. It can be a great motivator for our guys.

NorthernBison
02-28-2008, 03:51 AM
Based on this discussion, they better stop making replica jerseys in Green or White. Nobody apparently should wear them to the games.

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Based on this discussion, they better stop making replica jerseys in Green or White. Nobody apparently should wear them to the games.

I wear a Bison jersey other places besides home games. I prefer green but I wear them to road games and around town. I think the yellow/gold look is cool and ad's to the atmosphere of the dome and looks great on TV. It's needed since the lights suck and green is so tough to see. Thousands of gold shirts makes the dome look like the "Bison Dome" instead of the "Fargo Dome."

I always thought it would be cool to hand out 20,000 yellow megaphones.

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 05:30 AM
I respectfully disagree, I think having a fanbase organized can be intimidating to an opposing team. But, more importantly it gives our players a sense that we are actively participating in the game, not just there watching. I don't think it should be underestimated the effect that these yellow or blue or white outs have on the play of the team. It can be a great motivator for our guys.

That was beautifully stated! An organized fan base is intimidating! I like it!

skolbrother
02-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Gabe many of us old timers think green is appropriate. Just because you and those you talk to think it is the way to go, does not mean it is the only way to support the Bison. Some of us write checks, some wear yellow some just show up. Big Tent, it will all come back in the end!

BigBison
02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
A total yellow out of the dome would be cool but I really dont know how its ever going to happen. People think yellow is "ugly" so I guess it will never happen. Ive kinda given up on the whole yellow out thing because there are about 15,000 other people that are like skolbrother and PL. Maybe just maybe if we make the playoffs we could have a promotion kinda like what Golden State did last year, where the word would spread through media and cheap or free shirts.
I think a total yellow would help the program, I think it would impress recruits and pump up our guys more, plus brighten up the dome too.

missingnumber7
02-28-2008, 07:40 AM
YELLOW FOR HOME GAMES!

MORE YELLOW!

Um...your pictures...the first being the teammakers area of the stadium the second being the student section, is not much different than any other major college stadium. FBS stadiums may seem like they are all one color, but not so. The one example that I can think of was the White out at Penn State. But the student section being all yellow, thats cool, everyone being yellow, yea thats got some novelty some school spirit, but it isn't going to happen. I'm happy when people show up and make noise as opposed to sitting on their hands. And if they wear something that says NDSU on it that is even better. Been there seen UND Hockey crap before...so count me in the crowd that says its a nice idea...but ain't gonna happen

skolbrother
02-28-2008, 07:59 AM
A total yellow out of the dome would be cool but I really dont know how its ever going to happen. People think yellow is "ugly" so I guess it will never happen. Ive kinda given up on the whole yellow out thing because there are about 15,000 other people that are like skolbrother and PL. Maybe just maybe if we make the playoffs we could have a promotion kinda like what Golden State did last year, where the word would spread through media and cheap or free shirts.
I think a total yellow would help the program, I think it would impress recruits and pump up our guys more, plus brighten up the dome too.
WHOA! I write checks, I wear yellow, however those that join me who have joined me for years just because they wear green or plaid or whatever is not good enough for you even though they have been a lifelong fan is not acceptable to you is a bit silly. I have seen numerous people who i know are tremendous fans and have been for years that do not "conform" to wearing yellow. If you are her and complaining about attie in 3 decades I will listen wholeheartedly. Yellow is great but DO NOT be annoyed or condemn those that do not participate... BIG TENT!!!!!!!!

BigBison
02-28-2008, 08:21 AM
WHOA! I write checks, I wear yellow, however those that join me who have joined me for years just because they wear green or plaid or whatever is not good enough for you even though they have been a lifelong fan is not acceptable to you is a bit silly. I have seen numerous people who i know are tremendous fans and have been for years that do not "conform" to wearing yellow. If you are her and complaining about attie in 3 decades I will listen wholeheartedly. Yellow is great but DO NOT be annoyed or condemn those that do not participate... BIG TENT!!!!!!!!

Ok sorry I took it from your frist post that you didnt wear yellow, thats great they you wear yellow. What I was trying to say was that I'm over it on the whole issue of "hey lets get everyone to wear yellow." NDSU has had yellow-outs and given away 1000s of yellow shirts, and we cant even get the stands 1/4 full of yellow. Then I kinda lost you half way through your post. I do not condemn those that do not wear yellow, I didnt condemn anyone in my post. I was just stating a fact that most people dont think that yellow looks good on them and therefore they dont wear yellow. Sure they may give 1000s to NDSU and been fans for years, so there diehard fans. Another fact that yellow-out has been done and it should lied to rest, just let it grow naturally. The only thing that annoys me is when we get these women that dress like there going to a fashion show, but there going to a football game for their school. At least wear something NDSU, green, yellow, black, pink I dont care to much.

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 08:22 AM

If the players need the fans to wear yellow to the games to get pumped up then the Bison are in big trouble. In all my years I have NEVER heard anyone associated with a CFB team say that what the fans wear is intimidating to the opposing team. They say its nice and all that but really----:D
PL

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 08:25 AM
That was beautifully stated! An organized fan base is intimidating! I like it!

Whos it intimidating to??? Certainly not the players. PL

BigBison
02-28-2008, 08:29 AM
If the players need the fans to wear yellow to the games to get pumped up then the Bison are in big trouble. In all my years I have NEVER heard anyone associated with a CFB team say that what the fans wear is intimidating to the opposing team. They say its nice and all that but really----:D
PL

Never said anything about intimidating the opposing team, but I dont know if its intimidating or not to the other team. Chances are the opposing team couldnt care less what color is in the stands. But I do think it does bring a better atmosphere to the game!

BigBison
02-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Whos it intimidating to??? Certainly not the players. PL

PL nothings intimdating to you your like the Chuck Norris of the upper midwest. :D ;)

missingnumber7
02-28-2008, 10:28 AM

Organized fan bases don't have to be told to make noise on 3rd downs at any point in time in the game, critical or not.

aces1180
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Gabe many of us old timers think green is appropriate. Just because you and those you talk to think it is the way to go, does not mean it is the only way to support the Bison. Some of us write checks, some wear yellow some just show up. Big Tent, it will all come back in the end!

I'm not an old timer and I also prefer green...The only gold/yellow shirt I will ever wear to a game is my 'Sioux Suck' shirt and that will come off the wall only for a UND-NDSU game. ;)

Tatanka
02-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm such a nonconformist that I'm not going to conform with the rest of you nonconformists that aren't wearing yellow. Okay, I'll wear yellow.

http://www.blingdomofgod.com/entryimages/southpark_805_bling2.jpg

TransAmBison
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I just don't understand why people wouldn't wear yellow when there was such a good campaign a number of years ago asking you to*

*Scream Yellow...personally endorsed by Babich himself :D

BlueBisonRock
02-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm such a nonconformist that I'm not going to conform with the rest of you nonconformists that aren't wearing yellow. Okay, I'll wear yellow.

http://www.blingdomofgod.com/entryimages/southpark_805_bling2.jpg

Conforming to Nonconformity. Another of those late 60s early 70s traits. I commend you for hanging on to this tradition. :bow:

SDbison
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Worry about what fans are wearing? WTF? More important we should be concerned about the often stale dome atmosphere, the social elitists, the dome nazis, and students and half-ass fans that leave early in the second half. I think the players notice how few fans are left in the stands when the game ends. Sure the dome is now often sold out......but are real fans in the seats or just "corporate sponsors" and those there for the latest social event?

Ferd
02-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Check out these pictures:

http://www.skylinepictures.com/Oregon_State_University_Reser_Stadium_ore5_large.j pg

http://www2.kusports.com/photos/galleries/2007/sep/08/ku_vs_se_louisiana/35570/

I think these show a unanimity of spirit that you can't put into words.

To appeal to the "greens", though, we should put them in seats that spell out NDSU in green... in a sea of yellow...

:bow: :nod: :D :bow:

Bison06
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
I have never condemned anyone for not wearing yellow on this board, and supporting the team in any way is better than not supporting them at all. But, honestly it is intimidating to walk into a stadium and immediately be reminded you are in a hostile building. The crowd has a huge effect on the game of football. I have been on record many times on this board that an organized fan base can be just as intimidating as the team you are playing against. That may sound completely ridiculous, but I have witnessed this first hand. I have also used the Montana example many times, when we went out there I can tell all of you who weren't in the locker room that our players seemed intimidated in the first half. Yes it was from playing a big-time school and the players they had were great, but we were in awe of the whole atmosphere if you ask me. So, I have no problem with whatever people wear to games, but I also don't think we should down-play the effect we can have on the outcome of a game. It is real.

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 05:24 PM
PL

You take everything too seriously. It was a simple post stating it looks cool when everyone is wearing the school colors and it annoys me that nobody wears yellow or gold. (actually a lot of people do but I want to see everyone) A former player said it pumps the team up because it appears everone is participating in the game and it looks cool. It's a reminder they are in hostile territory. I agree.

You turn it into some negative crap about the team being screwed since they need fans to wear yellow and how . I mean seriously. Go drink a few beers. :)

I bought a gold shirt because it looks a heck of a lot cooler. If they were smart, they would make the colors green and gold instead of yellow since yellow is not a popular color. I like green better. But for games I'm aways in gold. How about a free tshirt with the rising cost of season tickets?

BisonBabe
02-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Okay I will admit that previous to last season I did not wear yellow/gold to the games. Mainly cause I did not have any. I now have 4 Bison yellow/gold shirts that I wear proudly on gameday. Yellow is not really my color so I wear it over my long sleeve green Bison shirt that I bought at Scheels.

Go Bison

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Okay I will admit that previous to last season I did not wear yellow/gold to the games. Mainly cause I did not have any. I now have 4 Bison yellow/gold shirts that I wear proudly on gameday. Yellow is not really my color so I wear it over my long sleeve green Bison shirt that I bought at Scheels.

Go Bison

I do yellow at games and green outside of games. I'm tellin' ya the gold looks pretty good!

Herd Mentality
02-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't care if you wear orange as long as it says NDSU on it. It's a huge rush to walk through the dome concourse at halftime and see all the people wearing NDSU attire regardless of color.

I would only ask that people wouldn't wear a color that is the same as the seats.

The only thing I don't want to see any more of is people wearing those damn Favre jerseys and trying to pass it off as "Bison Attire because it's yellow and green". Damn hippies.

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
PL nothings intimdating to you your like the Chuck Norris of the upper midwest. :D ;)

Im not that old.:D PL

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Worry about what fans are wearing? WTF? More important we should be concerned about the often stale dome atmosphere, the social elitists, the dome nazis, and students and half-ass fans that leave early in the second half. I think the players notice how few fans are left in the stands when the game ends. Sure the dome is now often sold out......but are real fans in the seats or just "corporate sponsors" and those there for the latest social event?

It doesnt make any difference who or why they are there as long as they are. PL

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
You take everything too seriously. It was a simple post stating it looks cool when everyone is wearing the school colors and it annoys me that nobody wears yellow or gold. (actually a lot of people do but I want to see everyone) A former player said it pumps the team up because it appears everone is participating in the game and it looks cool. It's a reminder they are in hostile territory. I agree.

You turn it into some negative crap about the team being screwed since they need fans to wear yellow and how . I mean seriously. Go drink a few beers. :)

I bought a gold shirt because it looks a heck of a lot cooler. If they were smart, they would make the colors green and gold instead of yellow since yellow is not a popular color. I like green better. But for games I'm aways in gold. How about a free tshirt with the rising cost of season tickets?

Seriously??? Did you see the smile at the end of the post???
But PLEASE show me where I posted the negative crap about the team being screwed etc. I dont have a clue where that one came from. I will pass on the beers as it looks as you are holding you own in that dept.:nod:

But since it is YOUR pet peeve me thinks its you who takes it way too serious. :D PL

SDbison
02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
It doesnt make any difference who or why they are there as long as they are. PL
Put a cold turd in a seat and you have a cold turd no matter how you dress it up. Disagree with you 56.......there are stadiums where the noise rarely subsides, some that occasionally get loud, and others that rarely make much noise at all. The Fargodome for NDSU football might be packed, but it only occasionally gets loud. That is because of the large proportion of visual spectators.

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Put a cold turd in a seat and you have a cold turd no matter how you dress it up. Disagree with you 56.......there are stadiums where the noise rarely subsides, some that occasionally get loud, and others that rarely make much noise at all. The Fargodome for NDSU football might be packed, but it only occasionally gets loud. That is because of the large proportion of visual spectators.

I disagree SD. There is allot of cheering in the FD on a very regular basis. Usually when its warranted. Now granted not everyone is frothing at the mouth every play. Nor should that be the standard.
But now we are getting back to people judging other fans because they dont act like they do at a game. To be serious I dont even know why this is an issue with anyone.PL:banghead:

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Seriously??? Did you see the smile at the end of the post???
But PLEASE show me where I posted the negative crap about the team being screwed etc. I dont have a clue where that one came from. I will pass on the beers as it looks as you are holding you own in that dept.:nod:

But since it is YOUR pet peeve me thinks its you who takes it way too serious. :D PL

Originally Posted by 56BISON73
If the players need the fans to wear yellow to the games to get pumped up then the Bison are in big trouble.

I did miss the smile at the end...sorry

56BISON73
02-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Interesting story from last year since the enthusiastic fan issue has been brought up again.
There is a gentleman who sits in front of me (late 30s early 40s)that gets excitable and at times stands up more than I do. There were a couple of occations where he was standing and I didnt because I could see the play and didnt feel like standing. The man in front noticed that I hadnt stood up and he apologized for blocking my view. At which time I told him I could see around him just fine but thanked him for his consideration. After the game we shook hands on the Bison victory and again he said he was sorry for standing so much. Of course I told him it wasnt a problem as I was able to see just fine.
Wow what a concept---a fellow Bison fan was concerned that he was effecting my game day experience in stead of expecting me to act like him. Common courtesy never goes out of style. PL

aces1180
02-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Interesting story from last year since the enthusiastic fan issue has been brought up again.
There is a gentleman who sits in front of me (late 30s early 40s)that gets excitable and at times stands up more than I do. There were a couple of occations where he was standing and I didnt because I could see the play and didnt feel like standing. The man in front noticed that I hadnt stood up and he apologized for blocking my view. At which time I told him I could see around him just fine but thanked him for his consideration. After the game we shook hands on the Bison victory and again he said he was sorry for standing so much. Of course I told him it wasnt a problem as I was able to see just fine.
Wow what a concept---a fellow Bison fan was concerned that he was effecting my game day experience in stead of expecting me to act like him. Common courtesy never goes out of style. PL

That guy is classy, that is for sure. And I also like the fact that you made an effort to see around him.

However, you also have the other side of things that happen at the Dome...Last year an older gentleman decided to yank on my $250 jersey instead of asking me to please sit down, which I would have gladly done...I don't stand more than the average person, so I was pretty pissed when this guy put his hands on me...Basically, I told him I paid for the seat and the space around it and if he didn't expect people to be standing, he could have watched the game at home...I know he wasn't a season ticket holder, because it was the first time I had an issue all year.

It really gets on my nerves when people try and tell me how to be a fan. But I'm glad others like you PL understand that fans have different ways of supporting the Bison.

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 07:25 PM
That guy is classy, that is for sure. And I also like the fact that you made an effort to see around him.

However, you also have the other side of things that happen at the Dome...Last year an older gentleman to yank on my $250 jersey instead of asking me to please sit down, which I would have gladly done...I don't stand more than the average person, so I was pretty pissed when this guy put his hands on me...Basically, I told him I paid for the seat and the space around it and if he didn't expect people to be standing, he could have watched the game at home...I know he wasn't a season ticket holder, because it was the first time I had an issue all year.

It really gets on my nerves when people try and tell me how to be a fan. But I'm glad others like you PL understand that fans have different ways of supporting the Bison.

That sucks. I actually scolded someone for apologizing to me for standing and I told them to stand up! :) I say they should pull the seats out of the dome and force people to stand. It's probably not very cost effective though. How about removing the seats in the front 2 rows. It will create a domino effect and everyone will have to stand. I'm not saying it's bad to sit. Due to age and health issues, some people don't have a choice. But to scold someone for having fun and getting into the game is ridiculous, in my opinion. A football game is not to be confused with church.

BigBison
02-28-2008, 09:25 PM
One thing I would like to add about cheering is that I think the dome gets loud, but when your blowing out a team 45 to zip the level of intensity goes down and fans dont need to cheer and be loud. This happens everywhere. But when we have a games like SHSU last year the fans should be loud as ten train horns blaring through downtown Fargo.
When over half our home games are blow outs the Fargodome aint gunna be that loud. I think being in the Gateway is really going to help the nosie/cheering in the fargodome because we're going to be playing good competition every year.
One thing about wearing yellow its going to take time to catch on. As the students keep wearing yellow, it will spill over with the general fans. If we keep having these yellow-out games it will help get the word out. In 5 years I think we'll have alot more people in yellow at games. Will there be people that wear green? Sure, but there might be more yellow than anyother color in the stands. Just keep spreading the word, like PL said he didnt even know that yellow was our home color untill last year. And I've talked to students that have said the same thing, then I tell them wear yellow, then they go out and buy yellow for the next game.

roadwarrior
02-28-2008, 09:55 PM
But when we have a games like SHSU last year the fans should be loud as ten train horns blaring through downtown Fargo.

Thankfully, the train horns are a thing of the past!!!!!!

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
One thing I would like to add about cheering is that I think the dome gets loud, but when your blowing out a team 45 to zip the level of intensity goes down and fans dont need to cheer and be loud. This happens everywhere. But when we have a games like SHSU last year the fans should be loud as ten train horns blaring through downtown Fargo.
When over half our home games are blow outs the Fargodome aint gunna be that loud. I think being in the Gateway is really going to help the nosie/cheering in the fargodome because we're going to be playing good competition every year.
One thing about wearing yellow its going to take time to catch on. As the students keep wearing yellow, it will spill over with the general fans. If we keep having these yellow-out games it will help get the word out. In 5 years I think we'll have alot more people in yellow at games. Will there be people that wear green? Sure, but there might be more yellow than anyother color in the stands. Just keep spreading the word, like PL said he didnt even know that yellow was our home color untill last year. And I've talked to students that have said the same thing, then I tell them wear yellow, then they go out and buy yellow for the next game.

That's very true. Nothing is fun about blowing out some crap team. Games like Sam Houston State were extremely loud. Heck the road games against Minnesota and SDSU were loud too since they were close games. With the Gateway teams coming, the games will be much more competitive and the crowds will be rowdier. Anyone not expect a loud dome against Southern Illinois and SDSU? I did notice the 1st halves of the blowout games were much louder than previous blowouts.

I think a good starting point is to go full yellow out.

HerdBot
02-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Check out these pictures:

http://www.skylinepictures.com/Oregon_State_University_Reser_Stadium_ore5_large.j pg

http://www2.kusports.com/photos/galleries/2007/sep/08/ku_vs_se_louisiana/35570/

I think these show a unanimity of spirit that you can't put into words.

To appeal to the "greens", though, we should put them in seats that spell out NDSU in green... in a sea of yellow...

:bow: :nod: :D :bow:

Check out Michigan and their yellow out! The color is technically maize but c'mon! That is pretty sweet!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/370435718_3f4d247299.jpg?v=0

How about the Penn State "white out?"
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1250/1361667472_e56342600d.jpg?v=0

SlickVic
02-28-2008, 11:16 PM

ive been at 2 white out games in beaver stadium (2005 and 2007 vs ohio state) and yes it an amazing site to see...penn states student section holds more than the fargodome

BigBison
02-29-2008, 12:30 AM
With the Gateway teams coming, the games will be much more competitive and the crowds will be rowdier. Anyone not expect a loud dome against Southern Illinois and SDSU? I did notice the 1st halves of the blowout games were much louder than previous blowouts.

I think a good starting point is to go full yellow out.

SDSU, SIU, and Western Ill. are gunna be nuts this year! Then in 09 we got Youngstown and Northern Iowa which are gunna be crazy too.

HerdBot
02-29-2008, 01:55 AM
SDSU, SIU, and Western Ill. are gunna be nuts this year! Then in 09 we got Youngstown and Northern Iowa which are gunna be crazy too.

Hows this for a new tradition?
How about yellow shirts
Green towels
Green glow sticks before the game starts

aces1180
02-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Hows this for a new tradition?
How about yellow shirts
Green towels
Green glow sticks before the game starts

Glow sticks would be awesome during the team introductions!

GREAT idea!

HerdBot
02-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Glow sticks would be awesome during the team introductions!

GREAT idea!

That would be pretty sweet. Then when the lights go on it's a yellow out. Probably a bit disorientating to the competition.

I was checkin' online... you can buy then for 32 cents each by the thousand. That's about $6,000 per game. I'm sure they could get them cheaprer

BigBison
02-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Hey I thought of glow sticks last October! But the trick is, is how do you get people from throwing them.

HerdBot
02-29-2008, 03:24 AM
Hey I thought of glow sticks last October! But the trick is, is how do you get people from throwing them.

I don't see why it would be an issue. What's stopping people now from throwing cups, programs, or pretty much anything on the field? They know they will get banned from the dome and fined. At least the glow sticks would jump out.

NDSUFREAK
02-29-2008, 05:50 AM
go ahead and wear green. a nice mix of yellow and green would look amazing with a full out yellow student section

wilson
02-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Check out Michigan and their yellow out! The color is technically maize but c'mon! That is pretty sweet!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/370435718_3f4d247299.jpg?v=0

Dare I say that the Michigan pic is a-maize-ing? Ha Ha? HAHA!

HerdBot
02-29-2008, 11:46 AM
go ahead and wear green. a nice mix of yellow and green would look amazing with a full out yellow student section

Green is better than wearing street clothes but I wouldn't say it would look amazing. Can you see any green in this picture? http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/193574940_vZfGE-M.jpg I can't see any and I guarantee you someone is wearing green. It looks anything but amazing.

SDbison
02-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Green is better than wearing street clothes but I wouldn't say it would look amazing. Can you see any green in this picture? http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/193574940_vZfGE-M.jpg I can't see any and I guarantee you someone is wearing green. It looks anything but amazing.
Good point and reference picture gabe. I wear a home game jersey I can hardly see myself in that photo. The yellow does really stand out. I suppose if most people wore at least a little bit of yellow, and 70 to 80 precent had yellow shirts on the dome would look pretty awesome. In the picture it looks like about 30 to 40 percent are wearing yellow.

NDSUFREAK
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
i can see green mixed with yellow but your right that the yellow stands out more. i just know that it will never be a full yellow out in the FFD

HerdBot
03-01-2008, 12:17 PM
i can see green mixed with yellow but your right that the yellow stands out more. i just know that it will never be a full yellow out in the FFD

There is a first time for everything. I think we can see 75% yellow instead of 25%. We just need to spread the word earlier.

tjbison
03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
If we had a flannel out my section would win, I swear nobody but my crew wears either school color!:banghead:

BigBison
03-02-2008, 06:45 AM
I want green and yellow flannel. And dance like this guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2uNgGhDr9E :D

Herd
03-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't care if you wear orange as long as it says NDSU on it. It's a huge rush to walk through the dome concourse at halftime and see all the people wearing NDSU attire regardless of color.

I would only ask that people wouldn't wear a color that is the same as the seats.

The only thing I don't want to see any more of is people wearing those damn Favre jerseys and trying to pass it off as "Bison Attire because it's yellow and green". Damn hippies.

Correction: The more Favre jerseys in this world the better; Favre jerseys are acceptable attire at any bision game. Thanks for supporting Nate!!! Please don't listen to the haters.

tcbison
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Correction: The more Favre jerseys in this world the better; Favre jerseys are acceptable attire at any bision game. Thanks for supporting Nate!!! Please don't listen to the haters.

I have a yellow #4 jersey to honor Nate Agbetola(huge INT in the Minnesota game). On the back it is slightly modified and has the words BISON on it.

I like to wear jerseys to the game, and now I have a yellow one.

spelunker64
03-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm a green guy

TheDoctor
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM

I am sorry, but I agree with Herd. The Favre jersey screams, "my buddy invited me to a Bison game and I paniced because I am not really a fan, but I am excited to go to the game and want to fit in." It's a fact. Anyone willing to drop $50 to take their family to a Bison game is not to cheap to buy real apparel. ;)

tjbison
03-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Didn't some radio stations try to give some yellow shirts out for free last year?? I know that its silly but I still would like to see one game with that place 95% yellow!

Civil06
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Didn't some radio stations try to give some yellow shirts out for free last year?? I know that its silly but I still would like to see one game with that place 95% yellow!

Yes, Froggy sponsored a yellow out for the SFA game. I brought several friends from out of town that had never been to a Bison game. They all knew about the yellow out from different outlets and either bought a shirt before the game or got the free shirt at the door.

After going to NDSU, I have no less than 20 yellow shirts. It seemed like somebody was always giving them to students.

Bison bison
03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I have a yellow #4 jersey to honor Nate Agbetola(huge INT in the Minnesota game).

++++++++++++++++++++++

TheDoctor
03-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I have a yellow #4 jersey to honor Nate Agbetola(huge INT in the Minnesota game). On the back it is slightly modified and has the words BISON on it.

I like to wear jerseys to the game, and now I have a yellow one.

Ok, in my book your the only guy who is supposed to be wearing a Favre jersey to a Bison game then! ;)

tcbison
03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok, in my book your the only guy who is supposed to be wearing a Favre jersey to a Bison game then! ;)

I couldn't get or find a yellow Bison jersey. I had to compromise.

Green-N-Gold
03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
After going to NDSU, I have no less than 20 yellow shirts. It seemed like somebody was always giving them to students.

My old favorite is borderline too small and against the PC police to wear to games now. Back in the day though it was classic Bison game and campus attire. My dad still asks me about it!

SIOUX "SOMETHING"

Green-N-Gold
03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I couldn't get or find a yellow Bison jersey. I had to compromise.

Wearing a Favre jersey is NEVER a compromise and is appropriate for all occasions.

TheDoctor
03-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Wearing a Favre jersey is NEVER a compromise and is appropriate for all occasions.

You MUST be a Packer fan! :rofl: ;)

tcbison
03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
You MUST be a Packer fan! :rofl: ;)

Well, his username is Green-N-Gold. Let's see John Deere, North Dakota State University, Green Bay Packers all share the same colors.

NDFAN2
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, his username is Green-N-Gold. Let's see John Deere, North Dakota State University, Green Bay Packers all share the same colors.

10-4

Green-N-Gold!!

And FH!

NDFAN2
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
You MUST be a Packer fan!

Isn't everybody? :innocent:

:confused:

lakesbison
10-08-2010, 10:05 PM
SDSU is wearing YELLOW pants for saturdays game.

HA HA HA.

HerdBot
10-09-2010, 12:21 AM

HA HA HA.

Funny. Man this is sort of an old post doncha think

VanClubPres
10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
yeah having the schools unite under something would not look cool at all. no way the fans would support it. no way anyone would care.

http://thegazette.com/2010/10/04/a-terrific-photo-of-kinnick-stadium-from-the-penn-state-iowa-game-can-be-yours

yeah

VanClubPres
10-09-2010, 03:17 PM

tie them to their testi....necks.

Bison09
10-09-2010, 07:43 PM
http://byu.scout.com/2/570549.html I know this is old but it shows the players think it's cool and fun. BYU is famous for filling the Marriott Center with all white and making it one of the toughest arenas to play in. I am a fan of yellowouts but I do understand it is tough to organize. But it would be nice to have ONE yellow/gold out a year :D

Bison09
10-09-2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://wbgv.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/mountaineergold-2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hfboards.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D643845%26page%3D2&usg=__8mL2ZD73-TrRN0hteTl3Fm_781s=&h=443&w=640&sz=168&hl=en&start=27&zoom=1&tbnid=aZp1k5_sB3qFnM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=146&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhiteout%2Bcrowd%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D10 20%26bih%3D567%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=271&ei=_8WwTPSTG8yrnAf0u-SeBg&oei=78WwTPyPH8qfnwfu59jcBQ&esq=3&page=3&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:27&tx=86&ty=43
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://thatfan.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/psuwhiteout.jpg&imgrefurl=http://thatfan.com/2009/10/07/color-out-crowd-advantage/&usg=__furHb6yvX61pYibAiHFr8peaswQ=&h=445&w=666&sz=85&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=e0hpcSOLHqkuGM:&tbnh=138&tbnw=196&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhiteout%2Bcrowd%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D10 20%26bih%3D567%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=10&ei=dMawTKPcHM2qnAeu25XuBQ&oei=78WwTPyPH8qfnwfu59jcBQ&esq=5&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0&tx=114&ty=85

WVU's mountain gold is similar to our yellow/gold

missingnumber7
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
The Iowa/Penn State game was cool they had black and gold striped sections(unless they were empty seats) It looked like people had coordinated and wore the proper colors, OR someone handed out shirts.

So basically someone put out some money and hand out yellow/gold shirts at the door of the dome on the way in and have a yellow out.

DjKyRo
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
It'd be awesome if everyone wore Bison gear period. I'll understand not doing all yellow before that happens.

Maybe hand out a coupon for a free popcorn or something if you come to the game wearing Bison gear?

missingnumber7
10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
It'd be awesome if everyone wore Bison gear period. I'll understand not doing all yellow before that happens.

Maybe hand out a coupon for a free popcorn or something if you come to the game wearing Bison gear?

How about someone handing out stuff for people who made noise too?

aces1180
10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
How about someone handing out stuff for people who made noise too?

Artificial noise makers are illegal in the MVFC.

buffalobob
10-12-2010, 02:57 PM

Apparently they don't enforce it because the Penguins were using horns and bells during their game.

roadwarrior
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Apparently they don't enforce it because the Penguins were using horns and bells during their game.

They use "selective" enforcement, depending on who is the home team.

aces1180
10-12-2010, 03:07 PM

This is true..I saw some people on the Web cast with cowbells.

However, they don't have Dome Nazis like we do, so people can probably get away with it.

roadwarrior
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
This is true..I saw some people on the Web cast with cowbells.

However, they don't have Dome Nazis like we do, so people can probably get away with it.

The game officials should be the ones enforcing it.

lakesbison
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
HAHA fargodome security would LOVE to enforce that noisemaker rule.

their fake badges & $8/hour bullying job would really come in handy then.

BadlandsBison
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
They use "selective" enforcement, depending on who is the home team.

Yes they do. Guess who the conference likes to pick on...

Back when they first outlawed those horns the students used, this guy came outside where the students were in line and just started chewing a**. Nobody even knew they were outlawed yet, but this guy looked like he wanted to strangle somebody.

Answer Guy
10-12-2010, 04:16 PM

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Noisemakers.jpg

aces1180
10-12-2010, 04:20 PM
The game officials should be the ones enforcing it.

I've seen security take away those plastic horns from fans.

Facts
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM

what I don't understand is all the people who wear blue every home game... sometimes it seems like thousands...;)

buffalobob
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I've seen security take away those plastic horns from fans.

The stadium security are supposed to to try to stop the crowd with the artifical noise makers, but if they don't then the officials are supposed to warn the fans and then it results in yardage penalties. But why didn't one of those officials out on the field notice it?

ndsubison1
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
we have too many cranky stubborn old people to get even half of the dome to wear yellow

DjKyRo
10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
we have too many cranky stubborn old people to get even half of the dome to wear yellow

Yeah, PL. ;) :D :rofl:

BlueBisonRock
10-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, PL. ;) :D :rofl:

And others.

bosco
10-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Just please don't start the old " We need yellow seats" crap again. Lord knows that if we had yellow seat we'd go undefeated.

tjbison
10-13-2010, 02:07 AM
I think it would be neat just 1 time to have either a yellow out or Green out?? Yellow naturally would look the best as it stands out much better.

JUST ONCE for a TV game or that guy that takes the Panoramic pics

JUST ONCE

;) ;)

mango
10-13-2010, 02:10 AM

HA HA HA.

Yep, that is hilarious since yellow isn't a primary color for SDSU and they have never worn yellow pants before :rolleyes:

gotts
10-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Yep, that is hilarious since yellow isn't a primary color for SDSU and they have never worn yellow pants before :rolleyes:

I've never worn yellow pants before, but I'm going to start wearing yellow pants when I go out drinking. Think of all the time I can save by not having to walk over to the bathroom!

Tatanka
10-13-2010, 01:33 PM

You're right. They were all pretty much yellow (and warm from what I heard) during the second half of your playoff game last year.

mango
10-13-2010, 06:18 PM
You're right. They were all pretty much yellow (and warm from what I heard) during the second half of your playoff game last year.

Touche

10 char

TateMosersneighbor
10-14-2010, 01:46 AM
I couldn't find a picture of it, but at Kinnick...each section is a different color and it looks awesome. So odd sections where black and even wears yellow...it looks freaking cool. Can anyone find a picture of what I allude to?

Bisonguy
10-14-2010, 01:49 AM
I couldn't find a picture of it, but at Kinnick...each section is a different color and it looks awesome. So odd sections where black and even wears yellow...it looks freaking cool. Can anyone find a picture of what I allude to?

It was pretty well covered here, including the photo- http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21154

CAS4127
10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
This thread should be titled "More yellering [at] home games".

Insert first sentence of signature line here.