PDA

View Full Version : ORU on Saturday Night

TheDoctor
02-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Ok....I mentioned this in the thread before but got no response. At the end of the ORU-Creighton game a Creighton player dove to the floor for a ball and smashed Jarvis's (ORU's best player) ankle. He hopped to the freethrow line to make both shots only to watch helplessly from the bench while Creighton won on a 3 at the other end. ORUTerry or O-Rizzle 4-Shizzle--do you know the status of hsi ankle???? Will he rest it for the tourney? It would be great to see him on the bench at the BSA "resting" for the conference tourney. Anyone know anything????????????????????????????? ;)

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 04:22 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/extra/article.aspx?tab=oru&subjectID=95&articleid=20080224_2_B5_spanc44288

THERE YOU GO!!

xrays monday... he's in a BOOT

heymch86
02-25-2008, 04:45 AM
it would be a lot easier for us, but i dont know about everyone else, but I want to beat Oral Roberts at full strength and really show them that we are a better team than our record shows. it wouldnt be very fun to say, "oh yeah we beat oral roberts" if they win a game or two in the NCAA tourney and all the critics answer right back and say, "their best guy was riding the pine and hurt"

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok. . Here.s Hoping He Plays And Limps And We Win. . . Point Spread At +8 No Matter What. . They Are Freakin Good! !

Bison Dan
02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Ok. . Here.s Hoping He Plays And Limps And We Win. . . Point Spread At +8 No Matter What. . They Are Freakin Good! !

I watched some of the game and I don't know how we can play with these guys. Not in the 5 position for sure. We'll have to play better than we did on Friday.

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Dan, those guys down low are BEASTS aint they?

Has anyone seen Lucas Moorman this year?

with ANDRE we'd have a chance.

TheDoctor
02-25-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/extra/article.aspx?tab=oru&subjectID=95&articleid=20080224_2_B5_spanc44288

THERE YOU GO!!

xrays monday... he's in a BOOT

Thank you very much Lakes. I'll take ORU at 80%, sorry guys. ;)

roadwarrior
02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Sounds like we have no chance to win this game. Looking back at the game in december, we lost to them on their floor by 12. How many other conference teams have we lost to on the road and beat them on the BSA floor. Yes, it will be a tough game whether Jarvis plays or not, but I'll take the Bison on their home floor.

Bison Dan
02-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds like we have no chance to win this game. Looking back at the game in december, we lost to them on their floor by 12. How many other conference teams have we lost to on the road and beat them on the BSA floor. Yes, it will be a tough game whether Jarvis plays or not, but I'll take the Bison on their home floor.

I hope your right - it's just that they looked very good playing Creighton Sat. and after watching us play at SDSU well you can see the why there's some doubt. If we can play great D and have a good shooting night we just may take them.

roadwarrior
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
First game Dec 6th:

ORU 69 NDSU 57

Shooting % NDSU 34.5% ORU 50.0%
3 pt % NDSU 33.3% ORU 55.0%
FT % NDSU 75.0% ORU 62.5%
Rebounds NDSU 39 ORU 31
Turnovers NDSU 12 ORU 11
Blocks NDSU 0 ORU 4

NDSU Winkelman 22 Nelson 13 Woodside 6 Moormann 6 Vaughn 6
ORU Jarvis 13 King 11 Liberty 11 Ehambe 11

Attendance 4159

TheDoctor
02-25-2008, 05:09 PM
I will give you this Road......ORU split with IUPUI in a couple of point games. We had IUPUI beat at home and let it slip away, so anything is possible in the BSA. ;)

BisonBlogger
02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
I am sure I am not saying anything profound in saying that these last two games will be looked at by the players and coaches as their post season tournament this year. They will give an all out effort.

If the Bison players think they deserve to be in the NCAA tournament next year, then that attitude must start right now by winning these last two games.

Centenary and ORU will also not want to end their regular season on a down note so look for very intense high quality games.

Should be fun. Go Bison!

heckler
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Hope the students show up in force since it's the start of spring break...

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 09:32 PM
oh GREAT, guess im sittin in the student section, should be plenty o seats.

TheBisonator
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Hope the students show up in force since it's the start of spring break...

I'm leaving for my parent's on Sunday the 2nd so I can see the game on Sat. night. I'm sure a lot of students who don't live in a dorm are thinking the same thing. Remember, only around 25 percent of NDSU students live in dorms. Most others live in on-campus apartments, nearby apartments, frats, rental houses, etc.

BigBison
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
There wont be many students the only ones that will stay will be the ones that have to work, or are from FM. Which sucks because I think there would be a ton of students there if it wasnt over spring break. I've wanted to see ORU all year but then I found out thats its over spring break and I'm debating weather to go. If the game meant something then it would be a no brainer.

BisBison
02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
o. If the game meant something then it would be a no brainer.

Too bad about the game being on spring break. I'm hoping that doesn't hurt attendance too much. But as for the game not meaning anything, maybe we should ask Saul or the players. Beating the premier team in our league, the one that will more than likely be representing the Summit League in the big dance. I think that would be a HUGE win for our program and a great way to end the season on a high note. I for one will be making the 2 1/2 hour drive east to take in both the ladies and the men's games.

90BISON
02-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I'll be there, and bringin' 12 other people with me, most of whom have rarely if ever been to a Bison BB game before.:)

lakesbison
02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
My buds just picked up 8 more tickets.

this game should be AMAZING!!

lets get a SELLOUT and GET WOODY & CO READY FOR THEIR NCAA RUN NEXT YEAR!!!

tmh8286
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey guys - ORU fan here. I think you were asking for some info from someone from ORU at the beginning of this thread, but I think you got your question answered by the newspaper. Jarvis is making the trip to the Dakotas, but isn't expected to play.

Believe me, the ORU faithful respect your program, and we've been doing our calculations for conference seedings based on a potential loss in Fargo. Even before Jarvis' injury we weren't counting our game at NSDU as an assumed win. We know you guys are tough at home, and that we'll have to play well to get a win there. We're still hoping to keep our conference record limited to the one loss at IUPUI, but we're not necessarily assuming it will happen, especially without RJ playing. To tell you the truth, we'll be pleased with a split this weekend, as it will give us the first seed in the conference tournament.

I had a conflict the night that NDSU played ORU in Tulsa, and missed the game, the only home game I missed all season. So I'm looking forward to the game Saturday night. Should be a great matchup. Good luck to you guys this weekend!

lakesbison
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
u got it on TV down there? or you making the trek up I 29?

thanks for the respect.... lets hope we can EARN it on the court saturday night, I know Woody is gonna be pissed that RJ aint playing !!

Im hoping its over 4,000 people, would've been 6,500 if the students didnt have spring break and our record was better. OH WELL.

peace

TheDoctor
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey guys - ORU fan here. I think you were asking for some info from someone from ORU at the beginning of this thread, but I think you got your question answered by the newspaper. Jarvis is making the trip to the Dakotas, but isn't expected to play.

Believe me, the ORU faithful respect your program, and we've been doing our calculations for conference seedings based on a potential loss in Fargo. Even before Jarvis' injury we weren't counting our game at NSDU as an assumed win. We know you guys are tough at home, and that we'll have to play well to get a win there. We're still hoping to keep our conference record limited to the one loss at IUPUI, but we're not necessarily assuming it will happen, especially without RJ playing. To tell you the truth, we'll be pleased with a split this weekend, as it will give us the first seed in the conference tournament.

I had a conflict the night that NDSU played ORU in Tulsa, and missed the game, the only home game I missed all season. So I'm looking forward to the game Saturday night. Should be a great matchup. Good luck to you guys this weekend!

I am excited too! ORU and Scott Sutton are 1st class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

tmh8286
02-28-2008, 07:15 PM
u got it on TV down there? or you making the trek up I 29?

thanks for the respect.... lets hope we can EARN it on the court saturday night, I know Woody is gonna be pissed that RJ aint playing !!

Im hoping its over 4,000 people, would've been 6,500 if the students didnt have spring break and our record was better. OH WELL.

peace

No TV coverage that I'm aware of other than the video stream on SummitTV - which I'm not a subscriber to - but I may get it for baseball season. I'll probably just listen on the radio. But we love our play-by-play guy, Geoff Haxton. He doe's an outstanding job.

lakesbison
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
RJ is out for sure.. I had it confirmed.

aces1180
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
RJ is out for sure.. I had it confirmed.

Is your cousin friends with his sister's roommate's boyfriend? ;)

KC Bison
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Anybody old enough to remember the ORU game in 1980 that ORU won 109-102. After the game, WDAY was doing a post game show and Oral Roberts came into our locker room. He basically took the mic away from the announcer and kept talking about how great Mike Driscoll was as a player. We could only listen to game on the radio so I don't remember a lot of specifics about the game anymore.

d3boys
02-28-2008, 08:53 PM
mikes kid will be playing for the dragons next year as he redshirted this year
too bad he wasnt a little taller he would look good in green
plays just like his dad

NDSUstudent
02-29-2008, 03:48 AM
With a win a Saturday NDSU could...

-Finish 3rd in the conference
-Finish with a sub 200 RPI
-Get respect, ORU is the class of the league and we are winless against the top 3 Summit teams
-build some serious momentum for next year

This is our last shot to get that big win. I'll be there. Will You????

tmh8286
02-29-2008, 01:26 PM
After last night's win the pressure is off our guys a little bit - so I don't know if that bodes well for you or not. The Eagles may relax a little bit, or they may come out with renewed vigor. I don't really know which to expect. Either way I know that the Bison will give us a good game, and as I said before, we're hoping for, but not counting on, a win in Fargo on Sat. night.

One other motivation I know that our team has right now is the conference record - they'd love to limit their conference losses to the one at IUPUI, and go 17-1 on the conference season. But that means beating the Bison on their home court, which is something only two teams have done all season. It will be tough, I guarantee you that!

Good luck tomorrow night!

lakesbison
02-29-2008, 06:26 PM
It Better Be Freakin Loud In There Saturday Night!!!!!

Tatanka
02-29-2008, 08:31 PM
With a win a Saturday NDSU could...

-Finish 3rd in the conference
-Finish with a sub 200 RPI
-Get respect, ORU is the class of the league and we are winless against the top 3 Summit teams
-build some serious momentum for next year

This is our last shot to get that big win. I'll be there. Will You????
Can I get a "hell yes" from the congregation?

Thank you!

roadwarrior
02-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Hell YES!!

This will be the FINAL game for the men's basketball team during the transition years. That alone should make for a great celebration!

Bison bison
02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
win or lose, i'm rushing the court.

BlueBisonRock
02-29-2008, 09:59 PM

Watch out for security and protect the downtown area.

Tatanka
03-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Yes, with that guy with the pellet gun running around NDSU Downtown, we can't take any chances.

;) :D

met1990
03-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Hey, maybe the pellet gun guy was trying to do us a favor and kill the pesky rabbits known to ravage campus.

TheDoctor
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM

Didn't see you rush the court. What happened???? ;)

imabison
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey, maybe the pellet gun guy was trying to do us a favor and kill the pesky rabbits known to ravage campus.
Saul Phillips said in post game comments they would have a pellet gun in the upper level to shoot the basketball if he sees Woodside, or any other player with a ball in hand for the next 3 weeks. :) :) :) Then its back to work, but not before.

Bison bison
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Didn't see you rush the court. What happened???? ;)

my wife and kids stayed until the end.

i was going to tackle sutton and say, 'how's that for a foul, b1tch', but again the family was still there.

TheDoctor
03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
my wife and kids stayed until the end.

i was going to tackle sutton and say, 'how's that for a foul, b1tch', but again the family was still there.

That would have been entertaining! ;)

lakesbison
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Saul Phillips said in post game comments they would have a pellet gun in the upper level to shoot the basketball if he sees Woodside, or any other player with a ball in hand for the next 3 weeks. Then its back to work, but not before

Saturday Night I saw woody.... and I can confirm there weren't any basketballs around.

Jdubs21
03-03-2008, 09:53 PM
was he at the downtown bars?....thats usually where him and winks are at during the weekends they have off or after a game

lakesbison
03-03-2008, 09:59 PM
i plead the 5th.

he's in on "spring break" somewhere warm.. *WINK WINK*