PDA

View Full Version : NDSU at the Metrodome

roadwarrior
02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
NDSU plays a double header against St Cloud on Sat Mar 22nd at the Metrodome. Coach Brown said at Teammakers last week that it costs $900 to rent the dome, including officials.

We play the Gophers earlier that week on two different days. I'm not sure if those games are at the dome or not.

onbison09
02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Why did we do that? Seems a little spendy. But what do I know?

boss
02-25-2008, 12:45 AM
I would assume the Bison are playing the Gophers in the metrodome if they are playing in March!

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 03:38 AM
SPENDY?!?

THATS CHEAP AS HELL!

lets get 18 guys here at $50/pot and play!

RodentiaX
02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
$900? That seems awfully cheap to me, at that price, you could rent it for your kid's birthday party. I suppose the dome is just happy to get some more use out of it. They do have to keep the roof inflated all year, and the field would already be in baseball configuration in anticipation of the Gophers and Twins playing there. Lights and clean-up cost are probably the only real expenses the dome incurs in such a game, and they take in some revenue from concessions.

The dome is not the most fun place to play baseball especially if the crowd isn't big*, but being able to play in March is a big plus. It's about all that I will miss if and when the dome is gone.

*The dome isn't good for any event with a small crowd. When NSIC football games were played there, even with a decent size crowd for an NSIC game, it still felt cavernous. The same crowds at an NSIC stadium would feel more energetic.

bisonmike2
02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
$900? That's all? Will they vendors open up for that price? I would love to rent it out for just me and some friends to play a game of football and then have have the beer and hot dog vendors stand on the sidelines so we could hit them up during timeouts.

onbison09
02-26-2008, 12:03 AM
$900? That seems awfully cheap to me, at that price, you could rent it for your kid's birthday party. I suppose the dome is just happy to get some more use out of it. They do have to keep the roof inflated all year, and the field would already be in baseball configuration in anticipation of the Gophers and Twins playing there. Lights and clean-up cost are probably the only real expenses the dome incurs in such a game, and they take in some revenue from concessions.

The dome is not the most fun place to play baseball especially if the crowd isn't big*, but being able to play in March is a big plus. It's about all that I will miss if and when the dome is gone.

*The dome isn't good for any event with a small crowd. When NSIC football games were played there, even with a decent size crowd for an NSIC game, it still felt cavernous. The same crowds at an NSIC stadium would feel more energetic.
:blush: Thought there was a zero added on to the 900.

sambini
02-26-2008, 03:59 AM
SPENDY?!?

THATS CHEAP AS HELL!

lets get 18 guys here at $50/pot and play!
+++++++++++++++++++++++ AND A KEG OF MICHELOB GOLDEN LIGHT+++++

jeffdaryl3rd
02-27-2008, 04:33 AM
Keep in mind that to play games in March NDSU would be travelling if they weren't playing in the CrapoDome, which would definitely cost more than $900 if that is what it really costs. Given that the baseball team is (or at least has in the past) been allocated very little travel budget, this is a good way to sneak in some early March games.

jeffdaryl3rd
02-27-2008, 04:35 AM
By the way, here is the Metrodome rental info

http://www.msfc.com/faq.cfm?faq=rAUUTNBF

Says $400/hour for amateur sports plus $35 for the scoreboard.

RodentiaX
02-29-2008, 07:11 PM
If it's $400 per hour, and the game is a double-header, NDSU must have gotten a discount. My guess is that the Metrodome will get the revenue from concessions at the game. The only time I have been to the Metrodome for a college baseball game has been when NDSU played Minnesota there. They had most of the stadium roped off, which is ok, the area allowed is the best seats anyway. They had one of two of the "Field Fare" concessions open. The hot dogs I have had at the FFD and at the BSA are a lot better than tbe ones available at the dome. I have been able to establish that the Dome Dog does contain parts of some sort of animal.

missingnumber7
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I think they took down the sign that said all Dome Dogs must be consumed with at least 1 beer to be edible.

missingnumber7
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM

You think NSIC stuff is bad...when the UMAC played their first dome day in there in the fall of 2000 I was coaching at Crown. We played the first game of the day against Maranatha. I think there was maybe if they were lucky and counted people twice 100 people there that weren't players.

I got to sit in the vikings coaches box though...that was fun.

onbison09
03-03-2008, 02:06 AM
The 18th and 19th games against UM are currently shown as live on gobison.com.

TheDoctor
03-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Road trip to the baseball games anyone??????? Road?????? ;)

roadwarrior
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Pack the bus!