PDA

View Full Version : Season Tx/TM membership

BisonBryce
02-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Just a message to my tailgating area.

I am not going to be renewing my season tickets nor renewing my teammakers membership.

I still plan on going tailgating and getting GA tickets.

I have no desire to support a program which falsely accuses a friend of mine (which I was direct witness to) at the football games last year and now will not allow him to return.

Hopefully TransAm can obtain my seat.

Go Bison

tcbison
02-22-2008, 05:55 PM

I am not going to be renewing my season tickets nor renewing my teammakers membership.

I have no desire to support a program which falsely accuses a friend of mine (which I was direct witness to) at the football games last year and now will not allow him to return.

Go Bison

BisonBryce,
I was wondering how this would play out. I respect your decision and look forward to tailgating with you at the game. At the SUU game I think is when this went down and I was in disbelief the rest of the day. Come to think of it I still am.

NDFAN2
02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
This is not good news at all.

TransAmBison
02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
It is a sad day.

SDbison
02-22-2008, 07:47 PM
It is a sad day.
So I guess Pat will have his way and make sure Section 21 returns to a more civil (kinder, gentler, more passive) area. I have so many bad feelings about what has happened..........

BisonBryce
02-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Well they(Gene/Pat/Josh) made their choice and I can make mine. But having trumped up charges of stuff he didn't do isn't acceptable.

Tired of talking about this subject and time to think positive.

Time to move on and looking forward to the spring game!!

See you guys there.

MN_BISON
02-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Well they(Gene/Pat/Josh) made their choice and I can make mine. But having trumped up charges of stuff he didn't do isn't acceptable.

Tired of talking about this subject and time to think positive.

Time to move on and looking forward to the spring game!!

See you guys there.

Charges? What the hell happened? :confused:

Tatanka
02-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes, WTF ?

SDbison
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
For what it is worth I just wrote and sent Gene a lengthy e-mail. Something I should have done months ago. I am hoping Gene is the person I believe he is and will reconsider what was wrongly done to Clint.

BigBison
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
What happened? What did this guy do or was accused of to get kicked out?

56BISON73
02-22-2008, 10:48 PM
For what it is worth I just wrote and sent Gene a lengthy e-mail. Something I should have done months ago. I am hoping Gene is the person I believe he is and will reconsider what was wrongly done to Clint.

Is Clint-Sig Bison??? PL

Bisonfan1
02-24-2008, 04:08 AM
I was in the tailgating lot at the following game of when the "alleged" violations occured. I heard the security guy telling (lieing) to sig-bison he was kicked out for the year as he has been told on 3 occasions to cool his behavior at the previous game. ALL FLAT OUT LIES. He was never approached by security at that game, nor has he EVER been spoken to by security. Can you say mistaken identity !! Then he was told it was all on tape, however the "tape" was conviently taped over. BS - You kick a guy out for the year for something they claim is on tape and then cannot produce. And "if" his behavior was so offending and he was spoken to on three occasions, then why was he not removed on the spot? NO it is better to come to the next tailgate and embarras you in front of everyone for something you did not do. REAL CLASS NDSU.

And you dont think mistaken identity cannot happen to you, well check this out, I was called by the exicutive director of Team Makers - insert name - I was accused of bad behavior and wearing a number 23 jersey. I dont own a number 23 jersey, and was on my best behavior all of 2007. (they probably could have nailed me in 2006) And I have never been spoken to by security either. There have been a few isolated incidents I have witnessed in section 21 that is not something to be proud of, however, the worst coming from people that were NOT regulars in that section and were occupying a seat there wheather they belonged there or not.

I am SO SORRY that I answeared the call of Coach Bohl to provide a hostile environment, I am SO SORRY that I stand and cheer on defensive 3rd downs, I am SO SORRY that I have (heaven forbid) stood and cheered when the game was on the line. I was on my best behavior all year because I knew "they" were targeting our area, and it still didnt matter. I am contemplanting moving my seats also or just getting GA tickets also. They are trying to move out all of us anyway for the money people ( who by the way, where were they at during all the miserable seasons) they were not sitting by me dang near every game since 1986 thats for sure.

Thanx NDSU, you lost one of your biggest supporters when you lied and threw Clint out. Now you are losing more of your biggest supporters. Way to go. As the words of "insert name" here goes, all spoken in the tailgate lot, " I have no problem kicking 50 of you out of your seats" Well looks like the housecleaning of section 20 and 21 has started. At any rate - not the student athletes fault - so GO BISON

Bisonfan1
02-24-2008, 04:19 AM
Also if anyone wants to take my idea of a "Bison Battle Tank" go ahead and run with it, I have just lost my desire after the BS last year, I wanted to do something to out do the Bison Hard helmets and Bison Battle Trailer, and Bison Battle Wagon that my brother and I did. My time will be better spent elsewhere. I would certainly reconsider if NDSU would issue an appology to the party in question. I will still join the living dead and just go with the flow. I wave the white flag, Can I remove the target from the back of my jacket now??

Bisonfan1
02-24-2008, 04:35 AM

Go Bison

I hope you will at least still give to Team Makers, I will regardless of where I choose to sit, it is not the student athletes fault and they should not be penalized for the actions of rent a cops/neo nazis. I wonder how the security guys blood pressure is going that stood and stared at section 21 that whole game with no expression?

lakesbison
02-24-2008, 04:47 AM
"I was accused of bad behavior and wearing a number 23 jersey. I dont own a number 23 jersey, and was on my best behavior all of 2007. (they probably could have nailed me in 2006) And I have never been spoken to by security either. There have been a few isolated incidents I have witnessed in section 21 that is not something to be proud of, however, the worst coming from people that were NOT regulars in that section and were occupying a seat there wheather they belonged there or not"

WOW. was this the Sam Houston Game? Im so confused...of course everyone KNOWS i have the steffes 23 signed jersey. heck Ive been on tv, bison magazine with it. so I dont really give a RIP if you' ALL wanna put it on me.. which I KNOW some of you guys did when I was sitting down below there ..

I mean HELLO, it was an awesome ending and Im soo glad I moved down that game! I've moved down in pretty much every sporting event in my life, super bowl, all star games, world series, Vikings playoffs.

Burgandy and Bobby even watched me move from seat to seat and just laughed. and we CHEERED LIKE CRAZY WHEN WALKER HIT HECK!!!

MY POINT IS..... I was talked to after that game..and told to "STOP IT, or ELSE" which is ridiculous to hear at a SPORTING EVENT!!! HELLO!! and yes. THERE NEEDS TO BE A ROWDY SECTION FOR TEAMMAKERS and FANS that are outta college 25-35ish.

THIS IS DIVISION 1, and WE NEED ALL THE ROWDINESS AND PASSIONATE FANS WE CAN HAVE ON OUR SIDE! especially in a HOME PLAYOFF GAME!!!

SO HANG IN THERE WITH YOUR TICKETS.. THEY CANT KICK EVERYONE OUT, seems like Clint was just the "example" which in itself is MAJOR B.S!

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually "Lakes" I yelled at you because of your foul mouth and told you to respect the section as there is alot of good people in there. Section 20 is fun, but still classy.

Bisonfan1
02-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Wasnt trying to single you out Lakes, You would have been just fine if you hadnt dropped the "F" bomb numerous times. It hasnt been just you migrating to our section that have caused an up roar, I suppose when you sit amongst the living dead and see see section 20 and 21 getting into the game, you want to join the fun, sadly others have come down and over did it and our regular was made an example. What really sucks is one person bitching ( and ussually a single game/seat occuiper) ruins it for the "big bad 50" whos been threatened to be removed, oops its the big bad 49 now that Clint is gone.

We have been lobbying for a concentrated Team makers cheer section on the north end, that would eliminate all of the "near riot conditions" that occur because a large group of passionate fans are ticking off a handful. we were told it is not needed. Whatever - so just start kicking out people at random on trumped up charges until all are gone. PERFECT SOLUTION. Most of us in that section are 45 years old plus and just want to be the 12th man as requested by Coach Bohl. I quess others can dictate the lets just all hold hands and do exactly what the pa announcer tells you to do or YOUR OUTA HERE !! White flag - I surrender, I can go to the game and be a robot drone, ill just take some tranquilizers and sit there nice and quiet and golf clap. If you can lead the charge for a concentrated cheer section Lakesbison, please go for it, I tried 2 years ago with no success. If a section as a whole wanted to stand the entire game and clap and cheer like the student section than who would complain ? I think Coach Bohl and the players would love it. Our section has been responsible for numerous false starts by the opposition ( with help from section 20 of course). Guess that doesnt matter to the other mucky mucks.

SDbison
02-24-2008, 03:31 PM
In my e-mail to Gene I hit on all the points. How they penalized the wrong person, lied in the process, insulted many Bison fans, and overall handled the situation poorly. All of us in the lower part of sections 20 and 21 know that an example was made of one individual. The fact that Gene and Pat laid blame for all the alledged wrongdoing over two years on one person is what bothers me. Even when that person stood up for himself they decided to go through with their BS. In reality, at least 6 or 7 different people were pulled out of games and talked to over the past couple years (maybe two people more than once). BTW, the person they made an example of was never pulled out of a game and talked to. Also, before Gene and Pat took action nobody from section 21 was ever kicked out of a game. As for the wrongdoing, most all of it would not even be a problem at any other stadium in this country. For some reason the Fargodome and now NDSU has decided they want an "orchestrated environment". Be wary, if you step out of line, they will have "evidence" and can easily serve as judge, jury and executioner.

SDbison
02-24-2008, 03:44 PM
If Gene or Pat don't want to apoligize to Clint and set things straight then I think they need to stop by a couple of the larger teammaker tailgate groups next year and explain their actions.
Until there are some answers this whole situation will continue to bother many of us.........

lakesbison
02-24-2008, 06:19 PM
THANKS!

I didnt think it was me.

yea I was freakin pissed at that sam houston state game with our defense at the end.. MY BAD

OK OK... LETS GET A TEAMMAKERS ROWDY SECTION

that eliminates ALL OF THIS.. RIGHT?

how bout Section 19 in front of the Opposing teams fans??? ha ha

unbison
02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
lakes u aint never been to a superbowl.... anyway.... u and both know that u can get out of hand at games..... Well maybe u could just turn the volume down one notch and then u might only offend 2 1/2 percent of the other bison fans..... just a thought might go a long ways:D

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I remember after the Sam Houston game Lakes got on Bohl on his radio show for not switching defense......Bohl replies...."Lakes, I think we were in 7 different defenses on that drive." It was priceless. (How do you get the icon of Lakes under a chair?)

56BISON73
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
THANKS!

I didnt think it was me.

yea I was freakin pissed at that sam houston state game with our defense at the end.. MY BAD

OK OK... LETS GET A TEAMMAKERS ROWDY SECTION

that eliminates ALL OF THIS.. RIGHT?

how bout Section 19 in front of the Opposing teams fans??? ha ha

You think you could find 100 people to pay 3/4 of a schollie to sit with you???? LOL Talk talk talk talk. Thats all you ever do. A blower and a goer. Never a doer except for running his mouth and making those around him look bad.. PL

SlickVic
02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
You think you could find 100 people to pay 3/4 of a schollie to sit with you???? LOL Talk talk talk talk. Thats all you ever do. A blower and a goer. Never a doer except for running his mouth and making those around him look bad.. PL

put a sock in it PL. or ill have mean gene and your ol pal pat put you out on the curb as well...burgandy wolves plus 8 parlayed with the under 189.5 how you like me now gold teeth when i smile

56BISON73
02-24-2008, 10:48 PM
put a sock in it PL. or ill have mean gene and your ol pal pat put you out on the curb as well...burgandy wolves plus 8 parlayed with the under 189.5 how you like me now gold teeth when i smile

What??? I dont have my Ebonics for Caucasians handy. PL

SlickVic
02-24-2008, 10:59 PM
What??? I dont have my Ebonics for Caucasians handy. PL

put a sock in it pat or your pictures getting posted up again

UTH
02-24-2008, 11:04 PM

PL, I'm thinking that this is how some people try to stall for time to either come up with something witty to throw back, or figure out how to post pictures. It's OK, though. If 'your picture' gets 'posted up again', it might be time to fish out that video...

56BISON73
02-24-2008, 11:11 PM
What pictures??? Here Ill post one from when I played.
But as I said--WHAT?????? PL

BlueBisonRock
02-24-2008, 11:15 PM

Golly Slick, this is getting confusing. Frankly, I really do enjoy your posts - especially since the dictionary reference was posted and I can understand them. I also enjoy PL's posts.

All PL is asking is": What is the business plan? How is this going to happen?

56BISON73
02-24-2008, 11:53 PM
PL, I'm thinking that this is how some people try to stall for time to either come up with something witty to throw back, or figure out how to post pictures. It's OK, though. If 'your picture' gets 'posted up again', it might be time to fish out that video...

Whats funny is I didnt even know my picture was out there because I block all signatures from being displayed. Plus I didnt care that my picture was posted. The only cause for alarm I had was the picture was copyrighted and pilfered from Bisonguy. Plus I didnt want people to think I was a Wigger that was Ebonically challenged.:D PL

TransAmBison
02-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Whats funny is I didnt even know my picture was out there because I block all signatures from being displayed. Plus I didnt care that my picture was posted. The only cause for alarm I had was the picture was copyrighted and pilfered from Bisonguy. Plus I didnt want people to think I was a Wigger that was Ebonically challenged.:D PL
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BlueBisonRock
02-25-2008, 12:22 AM

I am really glad that the dictionary link was posted. First defintion of Wigger:

A male caucasion, usually born and raised in the suburbs that displays a strong desire to emulate African American Hip Hop culture and style through "Bling (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bling)" fashion and generally accepted "thug life (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thug+life)" guiding principles.

With help, I get it. ;)

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 01:09 AM
I am really glad that the dictionary link was posted. First defintion of Wigger:

A male caucasion, usually born and raised in the suburbs that displays a strong desire to emulate African American Hip Hop culture and style through "Bling (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bling)" fashion and generally accepted "thug life (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thug+life)" guiding principles.

With help, I get it. ;)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :D PL

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 02:38 AM
dam you need a freakin life.

all we do on here is ACTUALLY go to the games and away games and promote and support NDSU. Yea we talk alot and things dont happen.. but my god.. give it a rest.

you just sit and bitch and tear down any freakin idea that comes up.

even when PEOPLE defend me SOME TIMES (not all the time).. then you rip on them.. wow.

good luck with all that... I really dont care if you talk sh.t about me..

but when you rip on slick, burgandy sd bison, etc.. then Ill have to get THEIR backs..

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 02:48 AM
dam you need a freakin life.

all we do on here is ACTUALLY go to the games and away games and promote and support NDSU. Yea we talk alot and things dont happen.. but my god.. give it a rest.

you just sit and bitch and tear down any freakin idea that comes up.

even when PEOPLE defend me SOME TIMES (not all the time).. then you rip on them.. wow.

good luck with all that... I really dont care if you talk sh.t about me..

but when you rip on slick, burgandy sd bison, etc.. then Ill have to get THEIR backs..

Hmmm didnt see a post where I was REALLY ripping anyone accept you because you deserved it. As usual.
But if you are going to attempt to cover someones back(chuckle)then try and post some type of rebuttal that is coherent and makes sense. I will wait with great antisipation for that type of response because that will be a first for you.:D PL

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 02:49 AM
what a waste of oxygen u are, ill go back to ignoring you again.

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 02:51 AM
what a waste of oxygen u are, ill go back to ignoring you again.

Some how I am not surprised. PL

Bisonfan1
02-25-2008, 03:27 AM
All fine and dandy guys with the in fighting, however, the problem still exists that Sig Bison was banned from Bison Football games under total false trumped up charges, which I and others witnessed and heard after the fact which were totally untrue. Anyone else that heard the BS that morning in the lot please speak up, OR you may be next. If someone deserves to get the boot Im all for it, used to be on that "side" for 21 years, I sure as heck had hard evidence before i acted, and maintained any video tape evidence for that type of harsh punishment, AND never in 21 years have I EVER witnessed something so embarassing happen to any one person by a person in supposed authority in front of so many people, Ill stack my training hours and experience in that field against rent a cop in the parking lot any day, it totally disgusted me to hear those out right lies directed to that individual that day, it was beyond belief. By the way, the Fargo Police Department was just on stand by with Dome Security who directed all the comments. I have no problem with the Fargo Police Dept, ( I trained alot of them) CLASS ACTS. Bottom Line - Fargo Police etc - BETTER TRAINED, do not have to make up crap to get point across, nor do not have to make up crap against people. I will defend these fine folks to the bitter end.

If this would have happened to me, I would have a Lawyer by now. If I hadnt heard this for myself I wouldnt be so up tight about it, I know there are two sides to every story, but sorry, I had to experience it.

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 04:03 AM
All fine and dandy guys with the in fighting, however, the problem still exists that Sig Bison was banned from Bison Football games under total false trumped up charges, which I and others witnessed and heard after the fact which were totally untrue. Anyone else that heard the BS that morning in the lot please speak up, OR you may be next. If someone deserves to get the boot Im all for it, used to be on that "side" for 21 years, I sure as heck had hard evidence before i acted, and maintained any video tape evidence for that type of harsh punishment, AND never in 21 years have I EVER witnessed something so embarassing happen to any one person by a person in supposed authority in front of so many people, Ill stack my training hours and experience in that field against rent a cop in the parking lot any day, it totally disgusted me to hear those out right lies directed to that individual that day, it was beyond belief. By the way, the Fargo Police Department was just on stand by with Dome Security who directed all the comments. I have no problem with the Fargo Police Dept, ( I trained alot of them) CLASS ACTS. Bottom Line - Fargo Police etc - BETTER TRAINED, do not have to make up crap to get point across, nor do not have to make up crap against people. I will defend these fine folks to the bitter end.

If this would have happened to me, I would have a Lawyer by now. If I hadnt heard this for myself I wouldnt be so up tight about it, I know there are two sides to every story, but sorry, I had to experience it.

All that I can think of is that the people who were actually there and witnessed what happened write a letter-file a complaint-appeal make phone calls to the powers that be etc. State the facts. Be professional when doing so. They have proved there point. Ask for a meeting where everyone can meet and Get it all out on the table.
After both sides present there case it needs to be determined how or if Sig can be reinstated and if that is a possibility this year. There should be lee way for some type of compromise I would think.
Dont say it wont do any good. Many times a good discussion can clear the air and common ground can be found. PL

UTH
02-25-2008, 04:08 AM

With help, I get it. ;)

Well, here goes... [linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4n9TY6FCdU)]

*is this how the gangsta rolls?** - with old #28 and all - Lamar Gordon representing... that's big thug pimpin, yo.

**get it? I hereby dub this the new Slick Roll.

Herd Mentality
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm still convinced that if the head of security at the dome had not believed the accusations against me at the SFA game that I too would probably no longer be allowed in the games. I was accused of some pretty awful things as well.

I still think a lot of the initial backlash for all the problems in section lies in the fact that the family of the cheerteam advisor sits in the front row. I once let out a "Sioux Suck" and her son wouldn't stop saying it the rest of the game....oops. Good thing we keep it clean down there.

Lakes, for the record, your profanity laced tirade from the guardrail at the SHSU game really didn't help our situation.

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey It Was My First Year, Cut Me Some Slack.

Herd Mentality
02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I've now changed my signature given this new thread....

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey It Was My First Year, Cut Me Some Slack.

Accept some responsibility and quit making excuses for your poor behavior. My god you are SUPPOSED to be an adult. :ranting: PL

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Back to the subject at hand about Clint.
There seems to be some misinformation. I just had a very lengthy phone call with Pat Simmers.
Clint is NOT banned this year. He is more than welcome to make his Teammaker donation and buy season tickets.
If anyone wants more details about what was said you can PM me as there is alot of misinformation being circulated.
PL

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
If anyone would like to talk to me more in detail PM me and I will give you my phone number. PL

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh. Mr Action. . Do I Still Have My Tix? Or Did U Cry To Pat Bout Lakes Yappin On A Message Board? Awww . . U Wait, There Will Be More Rabid Fans Like Me In Da Next Years, Then Lazy Sit Down Types! So Get Used To It! THE NEW NDSU FAN IS COMING! EMBRACE THEM,

BlueBisonRock
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh. Mr Action. . Do I Still Have My Tix? Or Did U Cry To Pat Bout Lakes Yappin On A Message Board? Awww . . U Wait, There Will Be More Rabid Fans Like Me In Da Next Years, Then Lazy Sit Down Types! So Get Used To It! THE NEW NDSU FAN IS COMING! EMBRACE THEM,

Angry youth not trusting or acknowledging insight in anyone over 30 while intending to change the system with attitude is sooo 60s.
God help us all.
:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Mr. Burgundy
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Lakes it wasn't your first season....it was your first game....you didn't pay for those seats, you walked down and acted like a baby...and if I didn't grab you by the neck and tell you to shut your mouth, this would probably be a bigger deal. Bottom line...the dome can be wild and crazy, but be respectful. The repeated "F word" is going to be looked down upon by the regulars. It was a total joke. I am sure a ton of people complained about how they pay a "good amount of money" and they don't want people to be able to just walk down in their section with a minute left in the game and drop the F sandwich like its free.

Also, please stop referencing my name in your posts....seriously. You represent yourself and nobody else. Thanks.

56BISON73
02-25-2008, 08:44 PM

What does your post have to do with ANYTHING Ive posted today???? What do your tickets have to do with the suject at hand????
Just when I thought you couldnt get anymore idiotic you prove me wrong. PL

lakesbison
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy
NICE. Lakes vs 91Bison39 again....this is always fun.

The wild man vs the know it all.

And of course nothing is complete without lakes guardian and babysitter making comments from the peanut gallery.
PL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THATS WHAT I WAS REFERENCING MR BURGANDY... This jackass has to pipe up at every occasion, if only he had a life, he could stay away.

p.s- yea, I was freaking out at the end of that game, I was outta line.. i never said i wasnt.

hope you're enjoying the peanuts buddy...

sambini
02-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Be respectful to those around you. +++++++++++ Fund Drive kickoff is tonight at the Dome.

56BISON73
02-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Just a small note of caution---if you are going to call a member of a public institution a liar and accuse them of conspiracy on a public message board besure to have all of your facts as you could be subject to legal recourse. Also making those statements could put this venue in peril. PL

56BISON73
02-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Be respectful to those around you. +++++++++++ Fund Drive kickoff is tonight at the Dome.

We are going to be auctioning off a feather at the spring game for bison athletics. There will also be two raffles during the season for bison feathers with funds going to TM. The first raffle should be at the 1st TM luncheon before the first game. The second will be at the second game for the all sports reunion and the official ceremony for the move from DII to D1. PL

Mr. Burgundy
02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Moral of this thread......It would be nice for the fans that were involved and the NDSU people to resolve the issue for the greater good. I would hate to see the second best section in the dome to lose some key members. Section 20 still dominates, but 21 is pretty solid. Especially since they love their pre game milk (Thanks Herd Mentality).

Call up Simmers, say sorry...it won't happen again. He will say Sorry too....as he wants positive publicity and donations for team makers.

Congrats on donating the feathers. More money for team makers. That is a good thing.

CarringtonBison
02-26-2008, 01:27 AM
correction, third best as section 32 is the best :)

sambini
02-26-2008, 03:49 AM
Chad Stark leads our section one++++

DenverBison05
02-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Just a small note of caution---if you are going to call a member of a public institution a liar and accuse them of conspiracy on a public message board besure to have all of your facts as you could be subject to legal recourse. Also making those statements could put this venue in peril. PL

BULLSHIT, that is a complete distortion of New York Times v. Sullivan. In order to make a defamation case against a public offical you have to prove "actual malice", which means that the plaintiff would have to prove that the poster had a "high degree of awareness of their probable falsity" using a preponderance of the evidence standard.

There is no way anyone could prove that from the statements made on a message board. Just because you dont like what people are saying doesn't give you the right to threaten them with the possibilities of lawsuits that would never happen. /End rant:ranting:

TransAmBison
02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
BULLSHIT, that is a complete distortion of New York Times v. Sullivan. In order to make a defamation case against a public offical you have to prove "actual malice", which means that the plaintiff would have to prove that the poster had a "high degree of awareness of their probable falsity" using a preponderance of the evidence standard.

There is no way anyone could prove that from the statements made on a message board. Just because you dont like what people are saying doesn't give you the right to threaten them with the possibilities of lawsuits that would never happen. /End rant:ranting:
I know PL isn't trying to threaten anybody. I think he's just trying to get people to think before they post. I do agree with you as well, though. People should be able to post whatever they want without fear. Unless they are posting falsehoods about people as facts, there should be no problems. Things posted here are pretty much opinions.

aces1180
02-26-2008, 01:16 PM

That sounds like something a lawyer would know...Possibly educated at the school at up north? ;)

SDbison
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM

I agree 100%. Nothing here is even close to defamation. This whole issue began because of a big mistake made by Gene, Pat S. and Josh. Now someone is trying to threaten freedom of speech rather than admit they were wrong. Typical of people in power. As far as I am concerned they can have my teammaker membership. What a bunch of BS. Seems all the success of Bison Athletics has got to their heads. Now the only people that count are people with big bucks. The rest of us fans are dispensible.

DenverBison05
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
That sounds like something a lawyer would know...Possibly educated at the school at up north? ;)

University of Denver. I didn't even send in an application to UND.:nod:

aces1180
02-26-2008, 03:20 PM

Nice post, BTW - Being a person who works in/with the media, slander and libel lawsuits are EXTREMELY hard to win. Opinions are protected by the First Amendment, unless intentionally trying to hurt someone. Then it is still difficult to prove.

aces1180
02-26-2008, 03:21 PM
University of Denver. I didn't even send in an application to UND.:nod:

I gave you rep points for that!

lakesbison
02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Woo Hoo..

I Cant Get Sued On Here Then!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

admin
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Man, I'd sure rather be talking about the exciting year coming up for Team Makers but I've caught the tail end of this and probably should comment.

While it would be hard to win a libel/slander case against this site based on somebody's posts, that wouldn't rule out time-consuming or money-wasting legal strategies. I doubt it'll happen. The legal issue I worry about most is copyright infringement.

Legal stuff aside, the First Amendment is not going to protect anybody from getting some moderation action if they act like jerks. Bisonville.com is not a governmental entity and the standard of conduct on this site should be significantly higher than "Well, if it's not illegal, it must be fine." If there is malicious gossip going on, I'll definitely support bans and stuff - not because of legal issues but more because I absolutely detest the mentality behind that kind of behavior. And, no, unlike hysterical ninnies might think, this will not lead to a dictatorship and doesn't make the moderators in fascists - it makes us into babysitters or bouncers when we'd rather be chatting / arguing about NDSU and Bison athletics :) .

Besides, I didn't hear anything from the other mods so there must not be anything too bad going on.

SDbison
02-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Man, I'd sure rather be talking about the exciting year coming up for Team Makers but I've caught the tail end of this and probably should comment.

While it would be hard to win a libel/slander case against this site based on somebody's posts, that wouldn't rule out time-consuming or money-wasting legal strategies. I doubt it'll happen. The legal issue I worry about most is copyright infringement.

Legal stuff aside, the First Amendment is not going to protect anybody from getting some moderation action if they act like jerks. Bisonville.com is not a governmental entity and the standard of conduct on this site should be significantly higher than "Well, if it's not illegal, it must be fine." If there is malicious gossip going on, I'll definitely support bans and stuff - not because of legal issues but more because I absolutely detest the mentality behind that kind of behavior. And, no, unlike hysterical ninnies might think, this will not lead to a dictatorship and doesn't make the moderators in fascists - it makes us into babysitters or bouncers when we'd rather be chatting / arguing about NDSU and Bison athletics :) .

Besides, I didn't hear anything from the other mods so there must not be anything too bad going on.
Thanks, Tony I presume?
As for this subject I think it is very relevant to Bison athletics. There are some obvious growing pains going on with Teammakers and there are some areas of concern. Some questions that should be talked about:

1. Do all booster organizations like teammakers at other D1 schools have very large premiums to entitle members to the better and best season ticket seats? Is there a reasonable limit like $500 to $1000 max premiums at other schools so that first come first served avid fans could still afford good seats versus just the ultra-rich? I mean if someone wants to give $10,000 in addition to a max seat premium they should be able to do so without forcing people out. I mean give them a personalized tile in the entry way, or a plaque on the wall. Should all the good seats only go to the highest bidders?

2. The Gestapo type attitude at Fargodome events has to stop. I know some of you are control freaks but people who stand and cheer without swearing are not public enemy #1. At most venues those fans would be the most welcome types. The biggest question is does the Fargodome have a guideline for conflict resolution along with how to respond to various crowd issues consistantly and fairly. Does it require documentation in significant matters and provide for logical escalation as needed? Seems to be too much made by some security staff over frivolous matters while others don't care? Some security staff react based only on compliants rather that observing and taking appropriate action.

3. How do people on this board feel about issues #1 and #2 above and is teammakers appropriately handling these matters other than just setting higher goals for donations?

DenverBison05
02-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Tony,
I actually have no problem with the admin/mods stepping in when they feel that things are not right; thats your right, you are the one paying to keep this board running. I just dont like the idea of ordinary posters trying to stop discussion by posting about the threat of lawsuits that will never happen.

Bison Dan
02-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks, Tony I presume?
As for this subject I think it is very relevant to Bison athletics. There are some obvious growing pains going on with Teammakers and there are some areas of concern. Some questions that should be talked about:

1. Do all booster organizations like teammakers at other D1 schools have very large premiums to entitle members to the better and best season ticket seats? Is there a reasonable limit like $500 to $1000 max premiums at other schools so that first come first served avid fans could still afford good seats versus just the ultra-rich? I mean if someone wants to give $10,000 in addition to a max seat premium they should be able to do so without forcing people out. I mean give them a personalized tile in the entry way, or a plaque on the wall. Should all the good seats only go to the highest bidders?

2. The Gestapo type attitude at Fargodome events has to stop. I know some of you are control freaks but people who stand and cheer without swearing are not public enemy #1. At most venues those fans would be the most welcome types. The biggest question is does the Fargodome have a guideline for conflict resolution along with how to respond to various crowd issues consistantly and fairly. Does it require documentation in significant matters and provide for logical escalation as needed? Seems to be too much made by some security staff over frivolous matters while others don't care? Some security staff react based only on compliants rather that observing and taking appropriate action.

3. How do people on this board feel about issues #1 and #2 above and is teammakers appropriately handling these matters other than just setting higher goals for donations?

Show me another school that doesn't have premium seating? I think the teammakers have been very fair in grandfathering in all the existing Bison fans. I think some of us are very spoiled in that when I first got to the FargoDome I was paying a fraction of what I'm asked to pay now. I don't like the increases any more than anyone else but I do realize that by moving to DI I'm seeing a better product which is more exciting and fun to watch. Lets face it it cost more for DI and full houses are driving the price increases. We could be like SDSU and have 7000 fans from another school come in and take over the FargoDome. I'm sure that their ticket prices aren't as high as ours are. As far as the standing & cheering goes I stand when there's a good play or when everyone stands for a big 3 or 4 down play and I cheer the whole game. But continuality standing all the time and blocking the view of others is rude. I know alot of fans that can't physcially stand the whole game.

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
SDBison I have posted my thoughts about #1 on another thread as we discussed this a little there. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12403

I am going to sign up for teammakers but I do perceive a problem. There are "Pre division one move" teammakers and "Post division one move" teammakers. It is not right that they charging more for new teammakers than for existing teammakers for the same seats. The price has to be somewhere in the middle of where it is now.

As for #2 I don't know all of what went down but the Fargodome isn't a church but it also isn't a wild crazy bar either. I guess respect needs to go both ways between people if there is a problem. Swearing, racial slurrs and the like does not need to be tollerated but people also need to understand that cheering is going to happen those cheering just need to be respectful about it. Nobody wants someone standing in front of them for a whole game but if it is on the big plays that warrant it, it is a sports game it isn't church. A home field should be hostile for the opposing team and by that I mean it should be loud and distruptive to them, they should feel welcome before the game and after the game but during they should be saying "this place sucks to play at I can't hear myself think"

Luckily the problems are very limited and they would be 100X worse if alcohol was served at the dome during games.

Just my .02

56BISON73
02-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Tony,
I actually have no problem with the admin/mods stepping in when they feel that things are not right; thats your right, you are the one paying to keep this board running. I just dont like the idea of ordinary posters trying to stop discussion by posting about the threat of lawsuits that will never happen.

Stopping discussion was not my intent.
You know as well as I do that the "free speech" line that people like to throw around was created so speech couldnt be controled by the govt etc and has nothing to do with whats posted here. Speech here and other websites are controlled because it is a private entity and they have a TOS policy. Violations of that policy can result in disipline. So yes you may say anything you like but in fact there may be consequences involved.
And to the contray of what some think yes you can be sued for what you say here. Whether they win is another matter. But as Admin said its going to cost you some money to do so. Thats just the reality of the matter and there were no threats intended. PL

roadwarrior
02-26-2008, 07:56 PM
We all want the best coaches, we all want to pay the coaches more, we want to have the best athletes, which means recruiting costs. We want the best possible facilities, we want to be able to provide the best possible equipment for the athletes, we want to play the best competition. We of course also want to fully fund all of our sports, so that we are competitive with other D-I schools. All of this costs money, and lot of it!

Many people think money grows on those trees out there on campus, but I can guarantee that isnt the case, and it's not easy for Gene to put together a balanced budget year after year. Football is our big sport and because of that, it is the source of a big chunk of money to run the entire program. The Circle of Champions program (1/2, 3/4, and full scholarship) just got started a few years ago and last year Teammakers had over 90 in those membership categories. These memberships bring in an large amount of money which is very necessary to maintain all of those desires above. If you are a volunteer Teammaker fund raiser and you approach someone for one of these memberships, it is going to take some decent football seats to close the deal. It is definitely econ 101 in action here. Supply and demand. We have expanded our fan base for football and have a limited number of seats available.

roadwarrior
02-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I have had an aisle seat in the lower rows of the Fargodome between sections 17 and 18 since the dome opened in 1993. I cannot recall one single incident in the area where I sit in all of those years where any dome security person was required to address any fan for their behavior.

56BISON73
02-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks, Tony I presume?

Yes most do have PREMIUM seating and you pay a premium to sit in the best sets in the house. In many stadiums its called club seating. Its pretty much standard in CFB and the Pros. If you dont want to pay for premium seats there is other seating opportunties available.

2 Why dont you call the head of the Fargodome with those questions?

3 Teammakes is being reasonable. People want the best in athletics and facilities. That money has to come from somewhere. The current market for seats is helping to dictate prices.
PL

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
We all want the best coaches, we all want to pay the coaches more, we want to have the best athletes, which means recruiting costs. We want the best possible facilities, we want to be able to provide the best possible equipment for the athletes, we want to play the best competition. We of course also want to fully fund all of our sports, so that we are competitive with other D-I schools. All of this costs money, and lot of it!

Many people think money grows on those trees out there on campus, but I can guarantee that isnt the case, and it's not easy for Gene to put together a balanced budget year after year. Football is our big sport and because of that, it is the source of a big chunk of money to run the entire program. The Circle of Champions program (1/2, 3/4, and full scholarship) just got started a few years ago and last year Teammakers had over 90 in those membership categories. These memberships bring in an large amount of money which is very necessary to maintain all of those desires above. If you are a volunteer Teammaker fund raiser and you approach someone for one of these memberships, it is going to take some decent football seats to close the deal. It is definitely econ 101 in action here. Supply and demand. We have expanded our fan base for football and have a limited number of seats available.

I have the utmost respect for you road, but why should you not pay a full scholarship for your seat(knowing you I am guessing you do but that is not the norm) as a new person wanting to sit in that area. It is very expensive to run the program and for the sake of discussion everyone in those levels should pay a full scholarship for those seats if that is the case. I just urge everyone to take off the colored glasses and look at it from everyones point of view or is it just about the $$$ and not about what is fair and best for all teammakers both new and old. You can't have a very stable organization 40 years down the road with just corporate sponsors.

TransAmBison
02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I have the utmost respect for you road, but why should you not pay a full scholarship for your seat(knowing you I am guessing you do but that is not the norm) as a new person wanting to sit in that area. It is very expensive to run the program and for the sake of discussion everyone in those levels should pay a full scholarship for those seats if that is the case. I just urge everyone to take off the colored glasses and look at it from everyones point of view or is it just about the $$$ and not about what is fair and best for all teammakers both new and old. You can't have a very stable organization 40 years down the road with just corporate sponsors.
So being a teammaker for 5, 10, 20, 30 years doesn't count for anything? I think plenty of people have earned their seats. The leftover seats are at a premium and being priced accordingly. The seats already spoken for have been held for a number of years already, the current owners have paid their dues in a manner of speaking.

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Well if you want to form a fractured group 10 years down the road of "pre division one move teammakers" and "post division one move teammakers" yes by all means you are correct.

I don't know the exact numbers but for 4 tickets a existing teammaker is paying about a $2400 donation a new teammaker would have to pay about $10,000 for those same seats. I can see some difference but about $7600. Just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

BisonCountry
02-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I've never done this before so I'm kind of nervous...

So being a teammaker for 5, 10, 20, 30 years doesn't count for anything? I think plenty of people have earned their seats. The leftover seats are at a premium and being priced accordingly. The seats already spoken for have been held for a number of years already, the current owners have paid their dues in a manner of speaking.

++

BisonCountry
02-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Well if you want to form a fractured group 10 years down the road of "pre division one move teammakers" and "post division one move teammakers" yes by all means you are correct.

I don't know the exact numbers but for 4 tickets a existing teammaker is paying about a $2400 donation a new teammaker would have to pay about $10,000 for those same seats. I can see some difference but about $7600. Just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

I don't believe it works as though you are portraying. Once you get to the higher levels of giving you are awarded more seats. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what I give to TM is my own business and really isn't anyone elses as far as I'm concerned. If someone feels fractured because they are a "new" TM and paying more than me I can simply state where were you in 2002. I was here.

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2008, 08:48 PM
. If someone feels fractured because they are a "new" TM and paying more than me I can simply state where were you in 2002. I was here.[/QUOTE]

I was just settling back in Fargo and starting a business. I guess this is where the "old boys club mentality" comes from. If what is good for a existing teammaker it should also be good for a new teammaker to a point but the price difference now is just wrong.

I was wrong it is $11,000 for a new teammaker to get into the best section. I may be wrong but a existing teammaker is only paying $600 a seat :smh: :smh:

http://www.gobison.com//pdf2/99301.pdf?SPID=714&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPSID=28690

Don't get me wrong I think Teammakers is a great organization but I see things right now that make me go hmmm.

Bison Dan
02-26-2008, 08:56 PM
. If someone feels fractured because they are a "new" TM and paying more than me I can simply state where were you in 2002. I was here.

I was just settling back in Fargo and starting a business. I guess this is where the "old boys club mentality" comes from. If what is good for a existing teammaker it should also be good for a new teammaker to a point but the price difference now is just wrong.

I was wrong it is $11,000 for a new teammaker to get into the best section. I may be wrong but a existing teammaker is only paying $600 a seat :smh: :smh:

http://www.gobison.com//pdf2/99301.pdf?SPID=714&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPSID=28690

Don't get me wrong I think Teammakers is a great organization but I see things right now that make me go hmmm.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you'd feel that way if you were a teammaker for 30 years and some new guy comes in and gets premium seating for the same as you are? Now if there's little demand and there are lots of good seats then no big deal but if it's like what we have today where almost all the good sideline seats are taken I don't think you'd like it.

BisonCountry
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm not trying to represent the "old boy club", but I'd be upset if loyal long-term members are priced out their seats because they try to raise all seats to the same level.

I agree with what Road said in that it really is a case of econ 101 right now with low supply high demand for those lower seats. If they raised all TM's to the price they are asking it would counter productive IMHO.

tony
02-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Hehe, I still can't figure out what the brou-ha-ha is. What's the big argument?

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2008, 09:30 PM
I wonder if you'd feel that way if you were a teammaker for 30 years and some new guy comes in and gets premium seating for the same as you are? Now if there's little demand and there are lots of good seats then no big deal but if it's like what we have today where almost all the good sideline seats are taken I don't think you'd like it.[/QUOTE]

I can see some difference in price but about $8000. That is crazy.

It is like if we started charging new tax payers in this country at 80% rate but the people that have worked here get to stay at a 25 to 40 % rate. I guess since we have worked in this country and made it what it is today that would be ok.;)

TransAmBison
02-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I wonder if you'd feel that way if you were a teammaker for 30 years and some new guy comes in and gets premium seating for the same as you are? Now if there's little demand and there are lots of good seats then no big deal but if it's like what we have today where almost all the good sideline seats are taken I don't think you'd like it.

I can see some difference in price but about $8000. That is crazy.

It is like if we started charging new tax payers in this country at 80% rate but the people that have worked here get to stay at a 25 to 40 % rate. I guess since we have worked in this country and made it what it is today that would be ok.;)[/quote]
The analogy is flawed. You have to pay taxes. You don't have to buy tickets or be a Teammaker. It is a choice. Think of it like rent control in bigger cities. Not all the tenants are paying the same price.

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Ya its not the best analogy but it does point out the fairness to all that I was going for.

I haven't been to any of the lunches or teammaker functions but what percentage of active members are 35 years old and younger. What percentage at the fund drive kickoff last night were less than 35?

I honestly don't know.

I am just pointing out that if you price this age group out now teammakers in 20 to 30 years will be a group of 70 year olds (which is a age group I love to converse with as you can learn so much) with a bunch of corporate donors.

Does teammakers really want to have 2 split groups in 10 years "The Pre D1 Teammakers" and the "Post D1 Teammakers".

Herd Mentality
02-26-2008, 10:08 PM
I still think it's weird that I can get 4 tickets in section 20 for $5500. However, if I'm right across the aisle in section 21, those 4 tickets will cost me $900. (4 $100 memberships + 4 $125 season tickets)

Can someone also explain to me why the priority sideline season tickets are $5 more than sideline season tickets when you already have to tack on the TeamMaker membership?

SDbison
02-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I still think it's weird that I can get 4 tickets in section 20 for $5500. However, if I'm right across the aisle in section 21, those 4 tickets will cost me $900. (4 $100 memberships + 4 $125 season tickets)

Can someone also explain to me why the priority sideline season tickets are $5 more than sideline season tickets when you already have to tack on the TeamMaker membership?

Well Herd, you guys in section 20 always claim to be better than section 21. People in higher rent districts typically feel superior to those in the slums. :p

56BISON73
02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Show me another school that doesn't have premium seating? I think the teammakers have been very fair in grandfathering in all the existing Bison fans. I think some of us are very spoiled in that when I first got to the FargoDome I was paying a fraction of what I'm asked to pay now. I don't like the increases any more than anyone else but I do realize that by moving to DI I'm seeing a better product which is more exciting and fun to watch. Lets face it it cost more for DI and full houses are driving the price increases. We could be like SDSU and have 7000 fans from another school come in and take over the FargoDome. I'm sure that their ticket prices aren't as high as ours are. As far as the standing & cheering goes I stand when there's a good play or when everyone stands for a big 3 or 4 down play and I cheer the whole game. But continuality standing all the time and blocking the view of others is rude. I know alot of fans that can't physcially stand the whole game.

Very well said!!!!!!:nod: PL

WYOBISONMAN
02-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I have been lurking on this thread since the beginning and didn't see anything wrong with the discussion that has been rather heated at times. To get back to the issue that was at hand, it dealt with Clint and the issue at the SUU game. The whole issue seems a reasonable topic to me......

Now we are talking about other issues, such as is it right to give the best seats to those who pay the most. Along this line, I would remind everyone that NCAA athletics is indeed a business and that being the case, seats will go to the highest bidder. And, I don't think I have an issue with that at all. After all, the Athletic Department is really the biggest marketing tool that NDSU has, let's make the best use possible of it. And.......that benefits all of us that are graduates of NDSU!

lakesbison
02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
"I haven't been to any of the lunches or teammaker functions but what percentage of active members are 35 years old and younger. What percentage at the fund drive kickoff last night were less than 35?"

Lakes, Slick, Burgandy, Ricky Bobby << thats' about it!!!

I tried to get 3 people signed up for football season tickets.. they dont have the money to get in at that price level for tickets.

they said "why the hell would I pay $1000 on top of the 2 seat ickets that I want just to sit in the 20-20 yrd lines"

I said "ndsu athletics, scholarships, etc etc."

they said "well, there's a TON of fans like us out there that want season tickets, but ARENT gonna pay the $1000 teammaker fees" so we'll buy G.A season tickets.

bisongirl
02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I tried to get 3 people signed up for football season tickets.. they dont have the money to get in at that price level for tickets.

they said "why the hell would I pay $1000 on top of the 2 seat ickets that I want just to sit in the 20-20 yrd lines"

I said "ndsu athletics, scholarships, etc etc."

they said "well, there's a TON of fans like us out there that want season tickets, but ARENT gonna pay the $1000 teammaker fees" so we'll buy G.A season tickets.

That's fine. We need those people too. Buying the tickets and being at the games are an important part of supporting NDSU atletics as well. Up until last year, we were buying GA season tickets each year. It's takes time, and we were fortunate enough last year be able to get our season tickets on the sidelines and contribute to Team Makers. I've talked with some people who love their seats in the GA section, that's where they want to be and even if they did join TM they would continue to sit in the GA section.

If they would like to be contribute to athletics, scholarships, etc by joining Team Makers, they can make a smaller donation to TM and continue to buy their GA season tickets until they are able to "afford" the tickets that they would like on the sidelines.

56BISON73
02-27-2008, 03:58 AM
A ticket in sec 4,21,32 on approx 20 yard line only requires a 100 per seat team maker donation. Its certainly not 1000.
My seats are on the 32 yardline and the donation is only 200 per seat Im in row BB but I like to sit up high.
So there is affordable preferred seating if someone REALLY wants it.

One other thing to consider is in the future GA tickets may become more scarce if the expand the number of season ticket holders. You are only dealing with 18-19 thousand seats here. PL

tony
02-27-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm still not getting the argument. Are people saying that TM dues have gone up too much?

Gully
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
I see it like this. There are very few of the high demand (40-40 yard lines and first few rows a little wider) seats available. They're taking advantage of this (supply and demand) to extract higher revenues. I don't see any problem with that. Remember their objective as an organization is to raise revenue to fund scholarships.

Next, while they're raising dues somewhat in various sections, it was a reasonable increase. They're not going to raise all of the seats in these sections to the newer, really high amounts because it would turn off their loyal fan base and, clearly, there wouldn't be enough people willing to pay that high amount to sell all the tickets. Existing TMs shouldn't be that upset because the increases are going to be gradual and I seriously doubt they'll reach the new rates any time soon.

As for the new TMs that are upset that old TMs are getting a better deal, well that's the case for a lot of things in life. If you can't or don't want to pay for the best seats, there are lots of reasonable priced seats available that are still very good. New TMs should not be upset either. If you're upset it should just be with yourself for night signing up earlier.

Bottom line is no one is putting a gun to your head to buy tickets. If you let yours go I'm sure there will be someone else to pay for it.

I'll get off my soap box now.

aces1180
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
That's fine. We need those people too. Buying the tickets and being at the games are an important part of supporting NDSU atletics as well. Up until last year, we were buying GA season tickets each year. It's takes time, and we were fortunate enough last year be able to get our season tickets on the sidelines and contribute to Team Makers. I've talked with some people who love their seats in the GA section, that's where they want to be and even if they did join TM they would continue to sit in the GA section.

If they would like to be contribute to athletics, scholarships, etc by joining Team Makers, they can make a smaller donation to TM and continue to buy their GA season tickets until they are able to "afford" the tickets that they would like on the sidelines.

I agree with you there...I have really good seats in section 9 and wouldn't want it any other way...I get to see plays develop and I feel that I can still make noise by slamming my feet into the portable bleachers...In fact, I added four more tickets to my account, so now my group has a total of 10.

Bison"FANatic"
02-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm still not getting the argument. Are people saying that TM dues have gone up too much?

No my argument is that TM dues have gone up at unreasonable different levels depending on if you are a "Pre D1 TM" or a "Post D1 TM".

I believe dues should go up but they should go up proportionally for everyone. It shouldn't be %350 more expensive for a new teammaker. Talk about setting up a 2 class system. :smh: :smh:

I guess all the "Pre d1 teammakers" are just better more loyal and supporting fans. Who care about our university and our new grads and younger grads of our institution are just not as worthy as the rest.

I hear the argument that D1 sports are expensive. Well than everyone in those seating levels pony up for the 1/2 to a full scholarship. If that is what is expected of a new member it should be just as expected from a existing member.

I know that is unreasonable to most of you because you would be the ones paying more. Just look at it from a younger new members perspective is all I ask. If you can truly say that the current system is right then I will agree to disagree with you.

Where will a organization that treats new members so differently than existing members be in 10 to 20 years. I want to see the teammakers continue to be successful but I don't want to see a short term gain for a long term loss. Right now I hear quite a bit of "old boys club" comments and pricing structures like this don't help that.

56BISON73
02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
No my argument is that TM dues have gone up at unreasonable different levels depending on if you are a "Pre D1 TM" or a "Post D1 TM".

I believe dues should go up but they should go up proportionally for everyone. It shouldn't be %350 more expensive for a new teammaker. Talk about setting up a 2 class system. :smh: :smh:

I guess all the "Pre d1 teammakers" are just better more loyal and supporting fans. Who care about our university and our new grads and younger grads of our institution are just not as worthy as the rest.

I hear the argument that D1 sports are expensive. Well than everyone in those seating levels pony up for the 1/2 to a full scholarship. If that is what is expected of a new member it should be just as expected from a existing member.

I know that is unreasonable to most of you because you would be the ones paying more. Just look at it from a younger new members perspective is all I ask. If you can truly say that the current system is right then I will agree to disagree with you.

Where will a organization that treats new members so differently than existing members be in 10 to 20 years. I want to see the teammakers continue to be successful but I don't want to see a short term gain for a long term loss. Right now I hear quite a bit of "old boys club" comments and pricing structures like this don't help that.

The inheirent problem is you only have 18-19 thousand seats available and a certain percentage of those are Premium seating. Its not like the big schools who have 70-100 seats to deal with which makes the structuring much easier.
BUT----
As in almost any stadium in america if you want PREMIUM seating its going to cost you. If you dont want to pay the frieght there are other affordable setting opportunities available.
I understand the point that you are trying to make. But as in almost all stadiums in america the people who have been there the longest usually have the best seats.
If you would like an example of how a university restructured 79,000 seats to come in line with other universities I will give an explaination. PL

Bison Dan
02-27-2008, 03:37 PM

It's only the center 4 sections that have the big price increase. Would you be willing to pay even the grandfathered prices that existing TM do? You do know that they are going up every year and will catch up in time with the new TM pricing. My TM dues have doubled since 2005. So the question is would you still be willing to purchase these seats now knowing that they will be always going up? If not then you don't have anything to bitch about. There's still alot of good seats that are priced right for new members outside the center sections. It's sounds to me that you just want great seats and don't want to pay for them.

Flintstone
02-27-2008, 03:49 PM
It's only the center 4 sections that have the big price increase. Would you be willing to pay even the grandfathered prices that existing TM do? You do know that they are going up every year and will catch up in time with the new TM pricing. My TM dues have doubled since 2005. So the question is would you still be willing to purchase these seats now knowing that they will be always going up? If not then you don't have anything to bitch about. There's still alot of good seats that are priced right for new members outside the center sections. It's sounds to me that you just want great seats and don't want to pay for them.

In the words of the great Sambini ++++++++

Bison"FANatic"
02-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Actually ya we would have paid what a "Pre D1 TM" paid or some more. We are going to spend about a $1000 maybe a little more. We were going to do it on two tickets but are now going to spend it on 3 tickets. It's already sent in and a TM contacted for the membership dues. I myself am very happy with the tickets I will get its not about me. It is the principle that I find wrong and I am not the only one, I am just willing to voice my opinon.

Your dues doubling in 3 years is a good start, You know division one athletics is expensive. Your dues will have to go up about 20% a year for 9 years for you to get close to what a new teammaker pays this year. Lets see that happen and then see the howling we will hear from existing TM but I forgot you are entitled to cheap seats.

SlickVic
02-27-2008, 04:17 PM
11k a year for four "premium" football seats plus complamentary season tickets to every other sport possible...all you can eat and drink in the team makers tent plus the lunchins...if i did the math right you get 4 die hard bison fans together your paying $30 a game for both football and mens basketball thats not bad at all but i already got the best seat in the house and im keeping it ;)

56BISON73
06-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Are the Teammaker luncheons on thursday or Friday???? PL

sambini
06-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Thursdays......

gc74
07-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi All! I am a frequent visitor to the site, but I am a first-time poster. I am wondering if you can give me the least expensive options for becoming a Teammaker and having season tickets for football. Also, what is the process for joining Teammakers?

Thanks in advance! :)

56BISON73
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi All! I am a frequent visitor to the site, but I am a first-time poster. I am wondering if you can give me the least expensive options for becoming a Teammaker and having season tickets for football. Also, what is the process for joining Teammakers?

Contact Josh at the ticket office #888-231-6378 He should beable to get you on track!

PL

99Bison
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Sent you a PM, but you can also learn more at www.ndsuteammakers.com.

tony
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM

If you want the scoop before you call: I believe the minimum membership is $100 and two season tickets is another $120.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

56BISON73
07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
If you want the scoop before you call: I believe the minimum membership is $100 and two season tickets is another $120.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Season tickets are 125.00 in priority seating.
For sections 5,6 ,22 ,23,30,31 Sideline I dont know what the prices but they dont require a per seat donation.. Then you have the endzone seats as well of which I dont know the prices. PL

sambini
07-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks to everyone that has joined Teamamkers this year. Making it a record year+++++

SDbison
07-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks to everyone that has joined Teamamkers this year. Making it a record year+++++
What are the numbers so far this year? Is this top secret stuff? If someone had any marketing skills at NDSU they would release this info regularly to keep the momentum going.......something like the following (all figures below are a swag since I really don't know):

Bison football, will you be there? So far 8,456 season tickets sold (15% increase over last year). Wait too long and you might not be able to get a good seat!

Have you joined yet? To date there are 2,789 teammakers making a total contribution of 2.5 million dollars to Bison athletics. Join in and make a difference as the march continues. Be a part of something big!

Now I am not in marketing but I really believe there is much room for improvement. Geez, why not spread the word how successful things are going. Everybody wants to be part of a winning organization.

sambini
07-20-2008, 09:48 PM
What are the numbers so far this year? Is this top secret stuff? If someone had any marketing skills at NDSU they would release this info regularly to keep the momentum going.......something like the following (all figures below are a swag since I really don't know):

Bison football, will you be there? So far 8,456 season tickets sold (15% increase over last year). Wait too long and you might not be able to get a good seat!

Have you joined yet? To date there are 2,789 teammakers making a total contribution of 2.5 million dollars to Bison athletics. Join in and make a difference as the march continues. Be a part of something big!

Now I am not in marketing but I really believe there is much room for improvement. Geez, why not spread the word how successful things are going. Everybody wants to be part of a winning organization.
Give Simmers a call 701-231-9555. I'm just a volunter....

BisoninNWMN
07-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Question??? Would there ever come a day when the FD would become too small for Bison fb? How many season tickets or demand for them(lack of them) would it take for the admin. to consider a larger venue for fb. I don't know how many season tickets they can sell with so many going to students and general admission. I hope there gets to be a huge waiting list for season tickets and huge lines for walk-up tickets...Bison fb gets to be a mini "Camp Randal" or mini "Death Valley":D
I don't think a 30-35k fb venue on campus is out of the question. The popularity of Bison fb is growing every yr. Am I in left field or could this be a possibility? Hammer....sambini....:confused: :confused: Anyone??

CarringtonBison
07-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Question??? Would there ever come a day when the FD would become too small for Bison fb? How many season tickets or demand for them(lack of them) would it take for the admin. to consider a larger venue for fb. I don't know how many season tickets they can sell with so many going to students and general admission. I hope there gets to be a huge waiting list for season tickets and huge lines for walk-up tickets...Bison fb gets to be a mini "Camp Randal" or mini "Death Valley":D
I don't think a 30-35k fb venue on campus is out of the question. The popularity of Bison fb is growing every yr. Am I in left field or could this be a possibility? Hammer....sambini....:confused: :confused: Anyone??

here we go again.........que the "open a can of worms" picture. If I had the time or energy I would fine the thread that discussed it. We tend to have a discussion on this about once a year (if not more). Sorry, but I am tired and need to go to bed instead of find it. Good luck.

SDbison
07-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Good question, not sure, but if 12,000 season tickets are ever sold (currently around 8,500 and growing) that wouldn't leave much for single game / walk up sales. That would mean with 1,000 player parents / promotion, 4,000 students, 12,000 season ticket holders there would only be 2000 seats remaining. Still need to sell about 3500 more season tickets to get there. Thats about 40% growth and it would have to be maintained for several years. With success, added demand and some planning a new facility is probably close to 10 years away at best. If sellouts persist and continued growth of season ticket holders maybe long range planning should start in a few years.......then the question is should it be indoors or outdoors or retractable roof? As someone said we have been down this discussion path many times before. Let's see what happens over the next 2 to 3 years......then further discussion may be warranted. Obviously, the other big questions would be where would it be located and how much would it cost (i.e. how would it be financed)?

Civil06
07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Add 4 more season tickets to the total. I just got them for the first time after deciding buying single game tickets was not worth the effort.

extremerouge
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Add 4 more season tickets to the total. I just got them for the first time after deciding buying single game tickets was not worth the effort.
nice! (what is your avatar a picture of?)

Civil06
07-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Background: My wife was born in New Zealand. When we went there to visit, it was made clear that rugby, their national sport, is a way of life, much like football is to many americans. We became fans instantly as rugby is an awesome sport to watch.

My avatar is of the Allblacks, the NZ national rugby team, doing the haka, which is performed before each game. I can't explain it as well as the website:

"The centrality of the haka within All Black rugby tradition is not a recent development. Since the original "All Black" team of "New Zealand Natives" led by Joseph Warbrick the haka has been closely associated with New Zealand rugby. Its mystique has evolved along with the fierce determination, commitment and high level skill which has been the hallmark of New Zealand's National game.

The haka adds a unique component, derived from the indigenous Maori of New Zealand, and which aligns with the wider Polynesian cultures of the Pacific.

The All Blacks perform the haka with precision and intensity which underpin the All Black approach."

See the videos here: http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=haka

Thanks for asking.:)

Till
07-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I was in London during the Rugby World Cup in 2007 and there really was nothing like walking down to the pub and watching with all the locals. I didn't really have any exposure to rugby before that except I had seen the Haka before, but it was fun to see everyone really get into the games.

Didn't take long after watching some of their matches and reading about their history to know that I'd be an All Blacks fan.

If you want to see another cool example of the haka watch some of the extras on the Lord of the Rings DVDs. All of the stuntmen were Maori so they would psyche themselves up with it. By the end of the shoot a bunch of the actors would do it too.

SDbison
07-23-2008, 03:38 AM
:offtopic:

SDbison
07-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Background: My wife was born in New Zealand. When we went there to visit, it was made clear that rugby, their national sport, is a way of life, much like football is to many americans. We became fans instantly as rugby is an awesome sport to watch.

My avatar is of the Allblacks, the NZ national rugby team, doing the haka, which is performed before each game. I can't explain it as well as the website:

"The centrality of the haka within All Black rugby tradition is not a recent development. Since the original "All Black" team of "New Zealand Natives" led by Joseph Warbrick the haka has been closely associated with New Zealand rugby. Its mystique has evolved along with the fierce determination, commitment and high level skill which has been the hallmark of New Zealand's National game.

The haka adds a unique component, derived from the indigenous Maori of New Zealand, and which aligns with the wider Polynesian cultures of the Pacific.

The All Blacks perform the haka with precision and intensity which underpin the All Black approach."

See the videos here: http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=haka

Thanks for asking.:)
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

SDbison
07-23-2008, 03:40 AM
I was in London during the Rugby World Cup in 2007 and there really was nothing like walking down to the pub and watching with all the locals. I didn't really have any exposure to rugby before that except I had seen the Haka before, but it was fun to see everyone really get into the games.

Didn't take long after watching some of their matches and reading about their history to know that I'd be an All Blacks fan.

If you want to see another cool example of the haka watch some of the extras on the Lord of the Rings DVDs. All of the stuntmen were Maori so they would psyche themselves up with it. By the end of the shoot a bunch of the actors would do it too.
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

sambini
07-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Civil06 thanks for getting tickets+++++

BlueBisonRock
07-23-2008, 05:17 AM
Thanks to the positive folks on this board, I was also convinced to get season tickets. Its a six hour drive, but should be well worth the time and money.

I could use some help from you long time ticket holders on subjects like game time etiquette (per previous Bisonville discussions), the ins and outs of tail gating, what I should bring, etc. All suggestions will be welcome and appreciated.

I do look forward to meeting the folks from this board before, during, and after the games.

56BISON73
07-23-2008, 05:53 AM
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: :offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Looks like we have a post nazi at work. No posts for you!!!!!:D PL

extremerouge
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
:offtopic:

haha yeah sorry about that...it was in parenthesis though!

TheBisonator
07-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm wondering if we're close to 8,500 season tickets now. I'll ask Josh sometime soon...

Gully
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks to the positive folks on this board, I was also convinced to get season tickets. Its a six hour drive, but should be well worth the time and money.

I could use some help from you long time ticket holders on subjects like game time etiquette (per previous Bisonville discussions), the ins and outs of tail gating, what I should bring, etc. All suggestions will be welcome and appreciated.

I do look forward to meeting the folks from this board before, during, and after the games.

Awesome! That's some dedication!

sambini
07-31-2008, 05:38 AM

I do look forward to meeting the folks from this board before, during, and after the games. +++++++++++++++++

Yo
08-02-2008, 08:11 PM

One of our tailgating crew lives in the Twin Cities (no he is not MplsBison) and comes to all the home games. If you would like, I could contact him and maybe you guys could figure out some travel arrangements.

87Bisonfan
08-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Being 250 miles from Fargo, we only make it to 3 or 4 games a year and usually bought single game sideline tickets. When I tried to purchase Homecoming tickets, the best seats available were upper rows in section 30. Therefore, I decided to bite the bullet and increase my Team Maker membership and buy season tickets.

Josh indicated the $75/seat, $100/seat, and $250/seat TM season tickets were all sold out. Ended up getting some tickets in the upper rows of section 33. At least I'll have tickets for the games we will be attending. Josh indicated about 8,200 season tickets have been sold so far and more orders are coming in.

p.s. I know now we won't be making it to the Austin Peay game, anyone interested in those tickets? PM me if you are (book club members and crochet hobbiests need not respond!).

sambini
08-06-2008, 09:06 AM
87 Bison thanks for your suppport++++

Bison Dan
08-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we had most of our home games sold out before the season starts!!

Bison"FANatic"
08-06-2008, 02:26 PM
It is great to hear that the season tickets sales are going so well!!!!!. You have to think that most of the new ticket holders are going to be pretty active fans. They are probably not buying them to come and crochet and sit and watch so it should help to get the rest of the crowd screaming a little.

Excitement is contagious and I hope it continues to catch on

lakesbison
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I have 2 buddies that bought 2 season tickets each in section 22... while Im in Section 21... They are crazy and fun and loud!!! Its great to see people jumping on the bandwagon so they don't miss a game!!!

I love it!!

56BISON73
08-21-2008, 03:32 AM
To all the Team Makers who will be at the luncheon before the AP game. We will be holding a raffle for a painted wild turkey feather with a BISON on it. Tickets will be 1.00 each or 6 for 5.00 or 15 for 10.00. All proceeds go to Team Makers. PL

bisongirl
08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I have talked to multiple people who are new season ticket holders this year. It seems that people are seeing the importance of buying their tickets in advance.

Herd Mentality
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Josh indicated the $75/seat, $100/seat, and $250/seat TM season tickets were all sold out.

That's great. However, many months ago I voiced my concerns about what would happen if they increased the older seats every year (it's been about a 20% increase every year) to the point where they priced some people out of their seats. This pretty much guarantees that they probably won't be TeamMakers anymore. How sad.

Bison Dan
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
That's great. However, many months ago I voiced my concerns about what would happen if they increased the older seats every year (it's been about a 20% increase every year) to the point where they priced some people out of their seats. This pretty much guarantees that they probably won't be TeamMakers anymore. How sad.

What do you want Gene to do? Leave seating pricing the same every year? If your in the situation where the pricing is a big concern get a second night job for a couple of weeks and have them payed for. Face it as Bison FB gets more popular pricing will go up (for the better seats) that's a fact. I don't like it either but complaining about it all the time isn't the solution either. Improve your financial position somehow and it will work out.

56BISON73
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Welcome to D1. If you want to compete at a high level and get the best recruits and have great facilities it takes $$$$$$.
When ticket prices go up there is always some attrition.
But they have to walk a tightrope as they cant raise the prices if the demand isnt there. They are striking while the iron is hot. PL

Herd Mentality
08-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Get another night job? Are you f'n kidding me?

I'm one of the biggest Bison fans you will ever meet, ass clowns. I'm all for reasonable increases. I've more than doubled my contribution in the last few years. I'm doing what I can.

So what happens if next year they tell me.. "Well Herd, you know you're in section 20 and that is now a "Half-Schollie" level. We said we'd grandfather you in so you wouldn't have to pay that, so how about we just let you have your seat again and only increase your seat by 50%"

At that point, I can't afford it anymore. I'm out. However does that mean I don't want tickets anymore? Hell, no. I'd move to a section I could afford...OH WAIT, I CAN'T BECAUSE THEY'RE "SOLD OUT" AND I'M OUT OF LUCK.

Don't give me some line of crap like "Oh, that won't happen". I'm not an ex-athlete. I'm not from some prominent family in the community. I'm not a big-money contributor. I've seen nothing in my 7 years as a TeamMaker that would lead me to believe I wouldn't just be left out in the cold.

Bison bison
08-22-2008, 01:04 AM

it's called gentrification.

money talks and bullshit moves to a cheaper section.

SDbison
08-22-2008, 04:08 AM

I'm one of the biggest Bison fans you will ever meet, ass clowns. I'm all for reasonable increases. I've more than doubled my contribution in the last few years. I'm doing what I can.

So what happens if next year they tell me.. "Well Herd, you know you're in section 20 and that is now a "Half-Schollie" level. We said we'd grandfather you in so you wouldn't have to pay that, so how about we just let you have your seat again and only increase your seat by 50%"

At that point, I can't afford it anymore. I'm out. However does that mean I don't want tickets anymore? Hell, no. I'd move to a section I could afford...OH WAIT, I CAN'T BECAUSE THEY'RE "SOLD OUT" AND I'M OUT OF LUCK.

Don't give me some line of crap like "Oh, that won't happen". I'm not an ex-athlete. I'm not from some prominent family in the community. I'm not a big-money contributor. I've seen nothing in my 7 years as a TeamMaker that would lead me to believe I wouldn't just be left out in the cold.
Bison success is generating some real A-holes........

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM

If you like the Bison as much as you say you do then you don't have a problem. Work a couple of weekends and done deal - tickets payed for. But it's always easiler to bitch about the prices instead of doing something to improve your situation - isn't it?

TransAmBison
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
This is the kind of reaction that kept me from being a teammaker for a long time. I had the opinion that teammakers were people with a bunch of money that looked down at everybody else. I changed my view after I became a little more educated on teammakers and such. I don't know what it is, but Bison Dan's flippant attitude about Herd's situation just makes me think back to my previous view. Not saying I don't understand that prices go up...it is what it is. Just acknowledging that it is too bad that some people may eventually get priced out of their seats.

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
This is the kind of reaction that kept me from being a teammaker for a long time. I had the opinion that teammakers were people with a bunch of money that looked down at everybody else. I changed my view after I became a little more educated on teammakers and such. I don't know what it is, but Bison Dan's flippant attitude about Herd's situation just makes me think back to my previous view. Not saying I don't understand that prices go up...it is what it is. Just acknowledging that it is too bad that some people may eventually get priced out of their seats.

flippant? You only get priced out of your seat if you let it! So you think FEELING sorry for people that get priced out of their seats is the way to go? All I said is work a little extra and it's a done deal. That's the difference between people - there are people that have the can do attitute and there's the ones that just bitch and don't solve the problem. Pricing are going to go up that's a fact so what do you do about it?

TransAmBison
08-22-2008, 01:56 PM
flippant? You only get priced out of your seat if you let it! So you think FEELING sorry for people that get priced out of their seats is the way to go? All I said is work a little extra and it's a done deal. That's the difference between people - there are people that have the can do attitute and there's the ones that just bitch and don't solve the problem. Pricing are going to go up that's a fact so what do you do about it?
Yepper, I stand by flippant. Some people may get priced out. Not everybody has the option to go get another job. Some have responsibilities at home after work maybe? I won't get priced out, we planned ahead with what we were willing to pay and all that fun stuff. Just saying, it isn't as easy for everybody and I do feel sorry for somebody who gets priced out.

Herd Mentality
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Arrogant is more like it. My bitch is the fact that we are now taking away the option of any established member of TeamMakers to move down if they get priced out. You don't think that's b.s.? "Hey, you stuck with us during the move up, but now you're out...so just get another job."

I've never had a job that didn't require my time beyond a standard 40 hour week. Not only that, you're saying that somebody that has a family addition, an unscheduled career change or illness is just SOL and should "Get another job"?

So, just for example sake... Let's say I do get another job. How am I going to know how much more I have to pimp out your mom every weekend in order to offset the increase every year? Is there a plan out there of what they have in mind? Or, is the trend going to be that you find out about the rate hike a month before you have to have the money in to keep your seats?

I've seen way too many people just quit TM altogether and nobody seems to care why. I was always hoping they'd contact these people and say..."will you continue to be a member if we move you over to a cheaper section?"

bisonmike2
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM

So the only thing in your world is the Bison? Wow I wish I lived there. I dont' know where to begin with your post. Normal people have other obligations that they must put in front of leisure activities such as following the Bison. Don't get me wrong, I love the Bison and a large part of where I am today is because of my education at NDSU. My world consist of a mortgage, car payments, kids daycare, retirement, kids education etc. Sorry all of those have a higher priortiy than Bison football in my world. Factor in the cost of just getting some thing to eat is rising at an ever increasing rate. The solution is much more than getting another job or working more hours. And when does that become too much? So what if someone took the BisonDan approach. Prices rise, get another job. Another price increase. Work longer hours. Pretty soon your working 90-100 hours a week across 3 jobs. When is it too much? When do you draw the line? And don't come back with, "well then you should find a better paying job". If it were that easy we'd all be rich and than this whole coversation about being outpriced would be irrelevant. Prices are rising, that is a fact but that doesn't mean these people have to be happy about it. And I think it pretty dickheadish to dismiss someone who does get outpriced as a loser who lacks that "can do" attitude or as someone who clearly doesn't love the Bison as much as yourself.

Herd Mentality
08-22-2008, 02:30 PM
....and whoever's bright idea it was in TeamMakers to think that a guy sitting in the front row on the 21 yard line and a guy sitting in the front row on the 22 yard line have a $5000 difference in sightlines should really have their head examined.

bisonmike2
08-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Arrogant is more like it. My bitch is the fact that we are now taking away the option of any established member of TeamMakers to move down if they get priced out. You don't think that's b.s.? "Hey, you stuck with us during the move up, but now you're out...so just get another job."

I've never had a job that didn't require my time beyond a standard 40 hour week. Not only that, you're saying that somebody that has a family addition, an unscheduled career change or illness is just SOL and should "Get another job"?

So, just for example sake... Let's say I do get another job. How am I going to know how much more I have to pimp out your mom every weekend in order to offset the increase every year? Is there a plan out there of what they have in mind? Or, is the trend going to be that you find out about the rate hike a month before you have to have the money in to keep your seats?

I've seen way too many people just quit TM altogether and nobody seems to care why. I was always hoping they'd contact these people and say..."will you continue to be a member if we move you over to a cheaper section?"

well said...NOW GET YOUR ASS BACK TO WORK AND START PAYING OFF THOSE HIGHER TICKET PRICES!!!
:)

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Yepper, I stand by flippant. Some people may get priced out. Not everybody has the option to go get another job. Some have responsibilities at home after work maybe? I won't get priced out, we planned ahead with what we were willing to pay and all that fun stuff. Just saying, it isn't as easy for everybody and I do feel sorry for somebody who gets priced out.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree - Almost all people have enough spare time to make extra money or cut spending in other areas. It's all about what your priorities are and what you want to do about it. Do you want to feel sorry for yourself or solve the problem? Bison fans can do 2 things about the pricing - improve their financial situation and keep or move up their seats - or do nothing and eventually get priced out of them. I feel sorry for things like sickness, accidents, etc. not for people who have the ablitity to remedy their problems but aren't willing too.

Herd Mentality
08-22-2008, 02:48 PM
well said...NOW GET YOUR ASS BACK TO WORK AND START PAYING OFF THOSE HIGHER TICKET PRICES!!!
:)

Putting a business plan together on how to double my meth production...

bisonmike2
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Putting a business plan together on how to double my meth production...

the key is during the extraction phase double the amount of the dihydrocloride and cut back on the tetrahedra-monoxide. This lowers the quality of the final product but not as much as you would think. Plus, what's the buyer gonna do, bring his reciept back to you and ask for a refund? This will cut your cost dramatically, giving you a much higher profit margain w/out having to increase prices. Everyone knows how cheap dihydrocloride is nowadays. :)

*note to any undercover agents reading this message boards. I don't know how to make meth. Those ingrediants, dihydrocloride and tetrahedr-monoxide, I made them up. Please dont' arrest me.

SDbison
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Well we'll have to agree to disagree - Almost all people have enough spare time to make extra money or cut spending in other areas. It's all about what your priorities are and what you want to do about it. Do you want to feel sorry for yourself or solve the problem? Bison fans can do 2 things about the pricing - improve their financial situation and keep or move up their seats - or do nothing and eventually get priced out of them. I feel sorry for things like sickness, accidents, etc. not for people who have the ablitity to remedy their problems but aren't willing too.
I agree with Herd, the ticket premiums in his area have increased at an exponential rate. If they did a comparable increase everywhere else in the dome attendance would drop by a third.

TransAmBison
08-22-2008, 03:08 PM
the key is during the extraction phase double the amount of the dihydrocloride and cut back on the tetrahedra-monoxide. This lowers the quality of the final product but not as much as you would think. Plus, what's the buyer gonna do, bring his reciept back to you and ask for a refund? This will cut your cost dramatically, giving you a much higher profit margain w/out having to increase prices. Everyone knows how cheap dihydrocloride is nowadays. :)

*note to any undercover agents reading this message boards. I don't know how to make meth. Those ingrediants, dihydrocloride and tetrahedr-monoxide, I made them up. Please dont' arrest me.
I see you got your flux capacitor working again so you could go back and change the names of the ingredients to protect the "innocent".

bisonmike2
08-22-2008, 03:08 PM
For you computer nerds out there looking for a part time job to pay for your Bison tickets. Look no further. gaming gold.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7575902.stm

BlueBisonRock
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Be careful with the dihydrogen monoxide! This stuff gets into everything you ingest.

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 03:18 PM
So the only thing in your world is the Bison? Wow I wish I lived there. I dont' know where to begin with your post. Normal people have other obligations that they must put in front of leisure activities such as following the Bison. Don't get me wrong, I love the Bison and a large part of where I am today is because of my education at NDSU. My world consist of a mortgage, car payments, kids daycare, retirement, kids education etc. Sorry all of those have a higher priortiy than Bison football in my world. Factor in the cost of just getting some thing to eat is rising at an ever increasing rate. The solution is much more than getting another job or working more hours. And when does that become too much? So what if someone took the BisonDan approach. Prices rise, get another job. Another price increase. Work longer hours. Pretty soon your working 90-100 hours a week across 3 jobs. When is it too much? When do you draw the line? And don't come back with, "well then you should find a better paying job". If it were that easy we'd all be rich and than this whole coversation about being outpriced would be irrelevant. Prices are rising, that is a fact but that doesn't mean these people have to be happy about it. And I think it pretty dickheadish to dismiss someone who does get outpriced as a loser who lacks that "can do" attitude or as someone who clearly doesn't love the Bison as much as yourself.

Nice post - Please reread my posts as your putting things in your post that I didn't say or imply. You're the one that mentioned "Loser" not me. I don't like the higher prices either but I'm not going to cry about them. All I see is some Bison fans that want great seats and don't want to play the "market" price for them. Okay fine bitch to Simmers about it - I'm sure he'll cut you a deal! But it's always ealier to bitch than to find a solution to the problem. I mention that a part time job would help to fill the cost of rising ticket prices and you'd think I told him to sell his next born. Nice mouth Herd.

Mervin72
08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
"If you like the Bison as much as you say you do then you don't have a problem. Work a couple of weekends and done deal - tickets payed for. But it's always easiler to bitch about the prices instead of doing something to improve your situation - isn't it?"

Really? I can't believe the arrogance of some people. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon up their asses. I know Herd personally, and I can guarantee you there is NO bigger bison football fan then him. It comes to a point where it isn't about the money, its about the principal. Here is a situation I am throwing out there and how these arrogant Team makers would handle it. You are in a relationship and the other person treats you like s@#t. Doesn't tell you the truth, leads you on, so on and so forth. But you love this person. By your rational you should just put up with it. Why? It doesn't make sense.

When I was a student at SU I also thought that the Team Makers were a bunch of elitist pricks. After graduation I moved away from Fargo. When I moved back I was able to become a Team Maker. I was a little worried that I would be sitting with some of these people. Luckily most of them were behind the Bison bench and not where we were. But there was still those people that were only there because they were Team Makers and couldn't tell a foul start from an offsides. Reading this post only confirms my beliefs from before. I really wished I lived in your world and not the real one.

And the prices have gone up exproportionate to inflation. I got my first season ticket 3 years ago. I had to let it go this year because it has almost doubled. DOUBLED! We are all for increases and understand. There just needs to be more then a month warning and a better plan of what to do with loyal Bison fans that just can't or on principal don't want to pay that much for a ticket.

One last thought. I love the Bison. I hope they are a powerhouse forever. History shows that that doesn't happen. Coaches leave. You get a bust of a recruiting class. What happens when the Bison aren't winning. Do you think that people are really going to want to pay those prices to see a losing team. No. Then what. They lower prices and try to reach out to the people they had no problem ostracizing only a few years before. Good luck for them on that one. This is just like what I see in my line of business every day. When people start getting greedy, that is when it all falls apart. Remember 1% of something is better then 100% of nothing, and if the Athletic Department and Team Makers don't watch it, it may come to a crashing halt.

Herd Mentality
08-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I mention that a part time job would help to fill the cost of rising ticket prices and you'd think I told him to sell his next born. Nice mouth Herd.

You miss the whole point of my posts and then you told me to get a job and went into this whole spiel about "improving my situation". If I was some deadbeat, sure...go ahead and lecture me. Go back and read my posts with the arrogance cleaned out of your ears to see what I'm really concerned about. You'd really think that any entity bringing in millions of dollars would want to operate like a business and not like a high school booster club. Make TeamMakers for life...not just until you find somebody else that will give $5 more. Publish plans to the members on how they plan to increase donations, try to eliminate attrition and make every member feel like that no matter how much they give that they are a valued contributor.

CarringtonBison
08-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Hard to disagree with either side. I think that any existing teammaker should have a rate increase that is reasonable something like 5-10 percent a year, to keep on with inflation. So higher donors will end up paying more for the better seats. Those with mid seats will pay more as well, but have not as good of seats. Those with a lower donation (but still a donation!!) should pay a bit more, but not so much as to lose these lower end donations. It is all proportional. New teammakers should pay more to get the benefits. Reward those who have been there. I understand that you lose some money not having these seats for bigger donors, but at some point in time you have to recognize loyalty. Price doubling is not acceptable IMO.

I have six season tickets and teammaker donation to foot, if it doubled, I would have a hard time staying in the same seats. I would, but it would make it a bit tighter.

I am just glad that it is a hot ticket due to the success of the team, and that we are even able to have this debate. Won't see that anytime soon from any area schools!!

Go Bison

56BISON73
08-22-2008, 03:48 PM

They dont give me a price break. I pay the same as everyone else in my section.
Every team that I know have some type of price structure for premium seating. Its just not NDSU. With the move to D1 where do people think the money is going to come from??? All those big money donators that people so readily like to put down for no apparent reason except that they have money? Tickets holders are going to be asked to pay their share for the product they want to see on the field.
One of the biggest problems is the lack of seating in the FD. At only 19.000 seats demand can quickly out strip supply when the team is hot.
PL

Herd Mentality
08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
They dont give me a price break. I pay the same as everyone else in my section.
Every team that I know have some type of price structure for premium seating. Its just not NDSU. With the move to D1 where do people think the money is going to come from??? All those big money donators that people so readily like to put down for no apparent reason except that they have money? Tickets holders are going to be asked to pay their share for the product they want to see on the field.
One of the biggest problems is the lack of seating in the FD. At only 19.000 seats demand can quickly out strip supply when the team is hot.
PL

I'm not incinuating those people get a price break...it just seems the TM regime is more attentive to you if you're in that group.

Right now if they decided to make every seat in section 20 $1000/seat, I can't be responsible and do that. So, what happens? At this point, maybe I'd like to move over to section 21 where the seats are $100 currently. They're sold out. So I'd basically end up trying to get Gen Admin,watching the game on TV or listening on the radio. I'd keep up the $500 donation to keep a premium seat in the section over, but then what are you going to say to the people who lose that seat. I'm sure if I wasn't small-time they'd find a way to keep me happy. However, I'm one guy with one ticket and no pedigree to speak of.

I said months ago that if you find somebody willing to go a half-schollie on my seat...BY ALL MEANS, give it to them. Just stick me over with those milk drinkers in section 21 or something.

BlueBisonRock
08-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Folks, lets walk the line a bit differently here and separate the problem from the personalities.

This year is my first year as a season ticket holder. There is a cost for the tickets and the teammaker membership. And the time / gas / lodging to make the six hour one way trips. (Folks like 56 and SD demonstrated this approach is possible.) I can understand why there is a concern regarding rapidly increasing costs associated with having season tickets and strongly support those who are pointing this problem out.

Unfortunately, the discussion is now going down the emotions rat hole. Well intended but emotion driven comments intended as solutions (without understanding requirements) are now resulting in p!$$ed off replies. Terms like flippant have led to arrogant and are moving to screw the bourgeois.

Please remember that this 'bourgeois' represents and is focused on the continued success of Bison Athletics. I believe all of us can be more understanding regarding the costs and approaches being used to set seat prices. At the same time, I fail to see any value to an argument that is made with disparaging remarks and has the potential to derail the very program that all of want to succeed.

Can we take a more business like approach to this topic and pull back the emotional comments and personal digs?

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 04:05 PM
"If you like the Bison as much as you say you do then you don't have a problem. Work a couple of weekends and done deal - tickets payed for. But it's always easiler to bitch about the prices instead of doing something to improve your situation - isn't it?"

Really? I can't believe the arrogance of some people. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon up their asses. I know Herd personally, and I can guarantee you there is NO bigger bison football fan then him. It comes to a point where it isn't about the money, its about the principal. Here is a situation I am throwing out there and how these arrogant Team makers would handle it. You are in a relationship and the other person treats you like s@#t. Doesn't tell you the truth, leads you on, so on and so forth. But you love this person. By your rational you should just put up with it. Why? It doesn't make sense.

When I was a student at SU I also thought that the Team Makers were a bunch of elitist pricks. After graduation I moved away from Fargo. When I moved back I was able to become a Team Maker. I was a little worried that I would be sitting with some of these people. Luckily most of them were behind the Bison bench and not where we were. But there was still those people that were only there because they were Team Makers and couldn't tell a foul start from an offsides. Reading this post only confirms my beliefs from before. I really wished I lived in your world and not the real one.

And the prices have gone up exproportionate to inflation. I got my first season ticket 3 years ago. I had to let it go this year because it has almost doubled. DOUBLED! We are all for increases and understand. There just needs to be more then a month warning and a better plan of what to do with loyal Bison fans that just can't or on principal don't want to pay that much for a ticket.

One last thought. I love the Bison. I hope they are a powerhouse forever. History shows that that doesn't happen. Coaches leave. You get a bust of a recruiting class. What happens when the Bison aren't winning. Do you think that people are really going to want to pay those prices to see a losing team. No. Then what. They lower prices and try to reach out to the people they had no problem ostracizing only a few years before. Good luck for them on that one. This is just like what I see in my line of business every day. When people start getting greedy, that is when it all falls apart. Remember 1% of something is better then 100% of nothing, and if the Athletic Department and Team Makers don't watch it, it may come to a crashing halt.

Did someone say he (Herd) wasn't a big Bison fan. If you want to get the tickets prices changed why don't you go talk with Gene and get it straighten out for everyone. No one likes higher prices for anything. You call people arrogant because one solution to the problem is bringing in extra income? So increasing ticket prices means NDSU treats you like shi$, lies to you? leads you on? Please give me some actually examples? And you know where you can put that silver spoon.

SDbison
08-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Folks, lets walk the line a bit differently here and separate the problem from the personalities.

This year is my first year as a season ticket holder. There is a cost for the tickets and the teammaker membership. And the time / gas / lodging to make the six hour one way trips. (Folks like 56 and SD demonstrated this approach is possible.) I can understand why there is a concern regarding rapidly increasing costs associated with having season tickets and strongly support those who are pointing this problem out.

Unfortunately, the discussion is now going down the emotions rat hole. Well intended but emotion driven comments intended as solutions (without understanding requirements) are now resulting in p!$$ed off replies. Terms like flippant have led to arrogant and are moving to screw the bourgeois.

Please remember that this 'bourgeois' represents and is focused on the continued success of Bison Athletics. I believe all of us can be more understanding regarding the costs and approaches being used to set seat prices. At the same time, I fail to see any value to an argument that is made with disparaging remarks and has the potential to derail the very program that all of want to succeed.

Can we take a more business like approach to this topic and pull back the emotional comments and personal digs?
I never make emotional comments or personal digs in my posts.......if you believe me than you must believe everything Lakes says too! :blush:

BlueBisonRock
08-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I never make emotional comments or personal digs in my posts.......if you believe me than you must believe everything Lakes says too! :blush:

Believe it or not: This Bud was NOT for you! :cheers:

bisonmike2
08-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Nice post - Please reread my posts as your putting things in your post that I didn't say or imply. You're the one that mentioned "Loser" not me. I don't like the higher prices either but I'm not going to cry about them. All I see is some Bison fans that want great seats and don't want to play the "market" price for them. Okay fine bitch to Simmers about it - I'm sure he'll cut you a deal! But it's always ealier to bitch than to find a solution to the problem. I mention that a part time job would help to fill the cost of rising ticket prices and you'd think I told him to sell his next born. Nice mouth Herd.

I did put things in my post that you didn't say. I didn't quote you word for word but it was easy to what you were implying: All people who bitch about rising cost are losers that need to get off their ass and work harder so it doesn't affect them. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume that they've made sacrifices elsewhere and still can't make it work out. You assume people do nothing but complain first and it expect it to change.

lakesbison
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
SOOoo... WHO'S GONNA GET REALLY DRUNK WITH ME on THURSDAY at 2pm???? Herd??? Dan??? lets do this!!!

Hey.... $500/seat SUCKS.. but .. I don't like paying $3.80/gallon for gas... but I AINT GOING TO BE ABLE TO cHANGE IT.. so screw it. lets PARTY!!!

CarringtonBison
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
SOOoo... WHO'S GONNA GET REALLY DRUNK WITH ME on THURSDAY at 2pm???? Herd??? Dan??? lets do this!!!

Hey.... $500/seat SUCKS.. but .. I don't like paying $3.80/gallon for gas... but I AINT GOING TO BE ABLE TO cHANGE IT.. so screw it. lets PARTY!!!

Rep to Lakes!!!!!

bisonmike2
08-22-2008, 05:12 PM

++++ amen lakes. I won't make it but I'll be watching from home..

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I did put things in my post that you didn't say. I didn't quote you word for word but it was easy to what you were implying: All people who bitch about rising cost are losers that need to get off their ass and work harder so it doesn't affect them. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume that they've made sacrifices elsewhere and still can't make it work out. You assume people do nothing but complain first and it expect it to change.

Fact: Tickets prices are going to go up every year.

All I said is you can either bitch about it (which doesn't do anything) or move to improve your financial condition so it doesn't affect you. That's it. Your the one who implies things (like loser) and meanings that weren't implied or said. Some of you need to grow up.

I'll tell you what I do believe is that there's nothing in this country you can't do (within reason) if you want it bad enough.

Does Herd and Mervin72 really believe NDSU did this to them "treats you like s@#t. Doesn't tell you the truth, leads you on, so on and so forth"? I guess I like to know because if they did I'd sure think less of anyone that did that.

The bottom line is are you going to do something about the problem or do nothing.

56BISON73
08-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Fact: Tickets prices are going to go up every year.

All I said is you can either bitch about it (which doesn't do anything) or move to improve your financial condition so it doesn't affect you. That's it. Your the one who implies things (like loser) and meanings that weren't implied or said. Some of you need to grow up.

I'll tell you what I do believe is that there's nothing in this country you can't do (within reason) if you want it bad enough.

Does Herd and Mervin72 really believe NDSU did this to them "treats you like s@#t. Doesn't tell you the truth, leads you on, so on and so forth"? I guess I like to know because if they did I'd sure think less of anyone that did that.

The bottom line is are you going to do something about the problem or do nothing.

I dont think prices will go up every year. Its been my experience that after an initial price rise and or restructuring of donation per seat that they leave it alone for awhile. Lets hope so in this case also. PL

Mervin72
08-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Did someone say he (Herd) wasn't a big Bison fan. If you want to get the tickets prices changed why don't you go talk with Gene and get it straighten out for everyone. No one likes higher prices for anything. You call people arrogant because one solution to the problem is bringing in extra income? So increasing ticket prices means NDSU treats you like shi$, lies to you? leads you on? Please give me some actually examples? And you know where you can put that silver spoon.

If you like the Bison as much as you say you do then you don't have a problem.

You were insinuating that just because he doesn't want to spend the money he isn't. I was calling you arrogant because of your "just get another job" comment. I would be more then happy to to help you with that spoon.

All we are is saying is that ALL of us Bison fans have helped get them to where they are today. And I think EVERYONE would agree that we love the success. There are some of us that feel that since demand is high that instead of giving us a "business" plan or strategy they are just like "we are going to raise prices. We don't know when we will stop. Sorry if you can't afford them. We are giving you no other alternatives then to pay." We have been loyal to the team/University for years. We would just like some other options then opening up the checkbook.

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I dont think prices will go up every year. Its been my experience that after an initial price rise and or restructuring of donation per seat that they leave it alone for awhile. Lets hope so in this case also. PL

I hope your right but I think they have the 1/4, 1/2, full scholarship thing going for the best seats. I think that Simmers should sit down (phone call)with everyone individually (during the summer) and explain what their options are and where the pricing is leading for seating. That way everyone would know whats going on. It wouldn't hurt if he had more contact with all the people willing to put monies into Teammakers and NDSU.

Bison Dan
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
You were insinuating that just because he doesn't want to spend the money he isn't. I was calling you arrogant because of your "just get another job" comment. I would be more then happy to to help you with that spoon.

All we are is saying is that ALL of us Bison fans have helped get them to where they are today. And I think EVERYONE would agree that we love the success. There are some of us that feel that since demand is high that instead of giving us a "business" plan or strategy they are just like "we are going to raise prices. We don't know when we will stop. Sorry if you can't afford them. We are giving you no other alternatives then to pay." We have been loyal to the team/University for years. We would just like some other options then opening up the checkbook.

My statement means: If you love the Bison that much you'll find a way to make it work. That's it, that's all.

56BISON73
08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I hope your right but I think they have the 1/4, 1/2, full scholarship thing going for the best seats. I think that Simmers should sit down (phone call)with everyone individually (during the summer) and explain what their options are and where the pricing is leading for seating. That way everyone would know whats going on. It wouldn't hurt if he had more contact with all the people willing to put monies into Teammakers and NDSU.

Give him a call or email him with your concerns and give him your ideas. PL

Bisonguy
08-22-2008, 08:22 PM

There isn't a 1/4 scholarship level. It's 1/2, 3/4 and full.

I can sympathize with Herd Mentality. When I first purchased seats in section 20 three years ago, they were $150/seat TM fee. This year it's $300/seat, which obviously equates to a 100% increase in two years.

Now, of course, I realize that new Team Makers in section 20 (lower rows where my seats are located) are ponying up $5500 for four seats, BUT what happens to my seats once I'm priced out of them? Will everyone in section 21 be relocated to section 22 so those that cannot afford seats in section 20, but can pay more than those in section 21, be allowed to take over section 21?

IMO- it seems that the TM in the lower rows of sections 3, 20, and 33 are going to take the biggest hit in the priority seating price restructuring. Hopefully the seating changes that will eventually take place will be handled much better than when they built the suites.

Herd Mentality- maybe you just need to layoff the HuHot once a month to pay for your increased ticket prices. :D

Herd Mentality
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
There isn't a 1/4 scholarship level. It's 1/2, 3/4 and full.

I can sympathize with Herd Mentality. When I first purchased seats in section 20 three years ago, they were $150/seat TM fee. This year it's $300/seat, which obviously equates to a 100% increase in two years.

Now, of course, I realize that new Team Makers in section 20 (lower rows where my seats are located) are ponying up $5500 for four seats, BUT what happens to my seats once I'm priced out of them? Will everyone in section 21 be relocated to section 22 so those that cannot afford seats in section 20, but can pay more than those in section 21, be allowed to take over section 21?

IMO- it seems that the TM in the lower rows of sections 3, 20, and 33 are going to take the biggest hit in the priority seating price restructuring. Hopefully the seating changes that will eventually take place will be handled much better than when they built the suites.

Herd Mentality- maybe you just need to layoff the HuHot once a month to pay for your increased ticket prices. :D

AMEN, finally someone that understands what I'm talking about!

(Busted on the Hu Hot thing...me guilty.)

TheBisonator
08-22-2008, 09:57 PM
All I'm gonna say is that if you don't want to pay those prices for your seat, there are other people who are willing to do that. And I'm serious. Fargo is not a poor town by any means.

Bisonguy
08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't think the issue is whether or not people can afford getting seats, it's the unknown of "what is going to happen when they cannot afford their current ever-increasing price level seats when all the lower-priced seating is sold out?"

Will they make all sideline seating Team Makers only, and essentially move everyone one section over? Will long-standing mid-level Team Makers end up with worse seats than someone at a lower level? When and will the price increases level off, or will they increase to what the new levels are? What, if any, are the future plans for levels?

The seats for the first 15 or so rows of sections 3,20, and 33 have increased 400% over the past five years. There are quite a few Team Makers at this level, and there will be a point at which many of them will no longer be able to keep up with the price increases but will still wish to make a donation. What is going to happen to their seats? Will they be able to pick a seat over any of the lower level Team Makers and tell them to go find new seats?

I can see the day when the student seating will be shifted back to the entire south endzone. There's just way too much untapped money in sections 15 and 16 that are going to waste.

BisBison
08-23-2008, 02:54 AM
I can see the day when the student seating will be shifted back to the entire south endzone. There's just way too much untapped money in sections 15 and 16 that are going to waste.

That's the day the student senate votes to cut the funding the athletic department receives from the student activity fees. That's nothing to be messed with either, especially with the record enrollments NDSU gets year after year.

Bisonguy
08-23-2008, 04:24 AM
FWIW- That part of my post was absolutely overflowing with sarcasm. Like dumping an entire bottle of Aunt Jemima on a single pancake overflowing.