PDA

View Full Version : Bison and Jacks to play Gophers in 08-09

aces1180
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Here is a paragraph from Sid Hartman's column in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune.

"North Dakota State and South Dakota State will be on the 2008-2009 Gophers basketball schedule, with St. Cloud State expected to be an exhibition opponent. Northern State of Aberdeen, S.D., where Don Meyer has built a 24-2 record and No. 4 Division II ranking this season, is also expected to be on the schedule. There will be a four-team round-robin tournament Nov. 13-15 at Williams Arena, but none of the other teams has been scheduled yet."

Here's the link - http://www.startribune.com/sports/15859587.html

roadwarrior
02-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for finding that Aces!

I would assume that we will be playing the Gophers in basketball pretty much every season in the future. Same with the Rabbits.

BisonCountry
02-22-2008, 02:55 PM
This should make for some very good games in the future. I think Tubby is going to get the Gophers back to top 25 in the near future.

TheDoctor
02-22-2008, 04:01 PM
This should make for some very good games in the future. I think Tubby is going to get the Gophers back to top 25 in the near future.

BigCountry---Here at Bisoville we like to treat everyone with respect, therefore I don't think it is very nice of you to use Lake's mug shot as your avatar. Just my 2 cents. :rofl: ;)

Bisonguy
02-22-2008, 07:26 PM
BigCountry---Here at Bisoville who like to treat everyone with respect, therefore I don't think it is very nice of you to use Lake's mug shot as your avatar. Just my 2 cents. :rofl: ;)

I've seen Lakes, and he's no McLovin!!!

tjbison
02-22-2008, 11:36 PM
BigCountry---Here at Bisoville who like to treat everyone with respect, therefore I don't think it is very nice of you to use Lake's mug shot as your avatar. Just my 2 cents. :rofl: ;)

Lakes is a 25 yr old from Hawaii???:p McLOVIN!!!

Bisonguy
02-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Lakes is a 25 yr old organ donor from Hawaii???:p McLOVIN!!!

Fixed it for ya. :D

tjbison
02-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Fixed it for ya. :D

Aw, yes forgot that part!

ndsubison1
02-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Are we ever going to play the Goophers here in Fargo?

roadwarrior
02-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Are we ever going to play the Goophers here in Fargo?

Very very doubtful.

lakesbison
02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
WHY CANT WE PLAY THEM AT THE FARGODOME??

TUBBY SHOULD WANT THAT. FSN, Huge audience, 25,000+ what the hell!

TheBisonator
02-26-2008, 07:13 PM

You can't fit 25,000 for football, what makes you think they can do it for basketball??

Basketball capacity is around 12,000 anyway.

Mr. Burgundy
02-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I am not sure if I have posted this before or not, but unless something has changed....I think we are going to play the Gophers in the Metrodome on a Saturday night next year. At least that is what they offered to us, and I have to assume that we ended up accepting that offer. Sounds like they must play a game in the Metrodome if they want to host an NCAA game there? I am guessing to get used to the setup, security...etc.

BisonCountry
02-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I've never been to a BB game at the Metrodome before....anyone know what the atmosphere in there is like? I'm assuming it seems a little cavernous for a basketball game.

roadwarrior
02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I have been to NCAA regional games there before. They put the basketball floor basically where the baseball infield is located, and they surround the court with portable seating (about 20 rows) on top of the baseball field. If you are sitting in the portable seating or in the lower deck seats near homeplate down to third base, you have a pretty decent view of the floor.

It is definitely not a cozy environment for basketball!

TheBisonator
02-26-2008, 09:58 PM
The Timberwolves played in the Metrodome back in 1989-90. The only reason it seemed to work for them was the fact they were getting 25,000+ crowds every game. I remember a NCAA First/Second Round match there sometime ago where it was like a morgue. Generally it's a pretty poor setup for basketball.

SDSUJack3031
02-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I've never been to a BB game at the Metrodome before....anyone know what the atmosphere in there is like? I'm assuming it seems a little cavernous for a basketball game.

I was able to go to the game when Tubby Smith's Kentucky team got beat by Marquette when they had Dwayne Wade and Novak. We got lucky and got 8-10 rows behind the Kentucky bench. Great atmosphere, but it was a game to go to the Final Four. If NDSU brought a good crowd and they actually did it on a Saturday night instead of the middle of the week, it could be a cool place to play.

Mr. Burgundy
02-27-2008, 12:11 AM
SDSUJacks3031, I was at that same game, it was a great atmosphere. Especially when they removed D-Wade, and the students begged him for "One more year, One more year." I love a great college atmosphere like that. I was in row 7 also behind the same bench. I really liked that Marquette team, everyone had a role. If NDSU could bring "maybe" 5,000 fans, it may be pretty solid.

lakesbison
02-27-2008, 02:21 AM
I watched a SOORRRY ASS ARIZONA team win it all there.

It was Sweet if you sat in the lower level....i had a couple buddies up in nosebleeds and they said it wasnt that bad, it was like lookin down at a video game.

NDSU vs MINNESOTA at Metrodome, Saturday Night.

35,000 is the Over/Under

TheDoctor
02-27-2008, 03:42 AM

It was Sweet if you sat in the lower level....i had a couple buddies up in nosebleeds and they said it wasnt that bad, it was like lookin down at a video game.

35,000 is the Over/Under

Were you wasted at the game Lakes?...only one team has ever won it all there and The Mighty Blue Devils both times 1992 ans 2001 (they beat Arizona). I attended both. ;)

IndyBison
02-27-2008, 03:57 AM
The soon-to-be-demolished RCA Dome in Indianapolis is very similar to the Metrodome. I've been to several Final Fours and earlier rounds (I'm lucky enough to be a team host during these events) and it's not a great atmosphere. It's too large of an arena for basketball. I had great seats for Texas-Nevada a couple years ago and it still seemed stale.

When they move to the new stadium next year and host the Final Four in 2010, they will be able to hold 70,000 fans with the court situated in the middle. Those are going to be some serious nose bleed seats!

Regular arenas definitely have a much better atmosphere but the domes can hold more people. I doubt we'll ever go back. Being in the city of the Final Four is very cool though with all the activities and people surrounding the game. I can't wait for 2010 already!

ndsubison1
02-27-2008, 04:28 AM

I went to the Sweet 16/Elite 8 games there in 2005 with BC. GTOWN. Florida. and Villanova. I hate watching games in domes, the set up is dumb, it just isnt a great atmosphere for basketball games. I sat way up at the top, I was 2nd to the last row, I COULDNT EVEN SEE THE FRICKEN BASKETBALL. So maybe that's why I didnt like it. But still football is meant to be played in domes, not basketball, have the Final Four and regionals at the United Center or other great NBA venues not a fricken dome.

gopherz
05-06-2008, 06:34 PM
The Dome is terrible for basketball...at least we aren't playing a conference game there. Should be a fun game next year...bunch of freshmen vs. a bunch of seniors.

BeckerBison
05-07-2008, 12:16 AM

35,000 is the Over/Under

When did Arizona win it all in Minnesota? I thought the only Final Four's in the metrodome were in 1992 and 2001. Pretty sure that Duke won both of those...

aces1180
05-07-2008, 02:35 AM
When did Arizona win it all in Minnesota? I thought the only Final Four's in the metrodome were in 1992 and 2001. Pretty sure that Duke won both of those...

Once again, Lakes has been

http://members.optushome.com.au/redknob/images/pwned.jpg

BeckerBison
05-09-2008, 02:00 AM

finally we get to see the real lakes.....

TheDoctor
05-09-2008, 04:14 AM

I saw both of them and thats why I am a Blue Devil at heart! #32 is the greatest college ball tournament player ever! ;)

WYOBISONMAN
05-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Is Lakes in the dark blue or the light blue.......:D

WildBill
05-09-2008, 11:36 PM

Because the Barn is simply one of the best college basketball venues. And why would Tubby want to play on the road?

silkamilkamonico
05-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Because the Barn is simply one of the best college basketball venues. And why would Tubby want to play on the road?

I don't think Lakes understands how the major conference teams schedule in Division 1 basketball.

sambini
05-10-2008, 01:46 PM

Lakes all I can say is my oh my....

TheDoctor
05-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Lakes all I can say is my oh my....

Lakes----where are the Vikings braids you were waering at the 1st Annual Bisonville Basketball Game??????????? ;)

sambini
05-11-2008, 11:22 AM
They must of fell off...

UTH
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
They must have been ripped off...

Fixed that for you.http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/SmiliesThumbsupa.gif

TransAmBison
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
He takes his braids off for one thing, and one thing only...

NDSUFan_Sav
09-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I saw both of them and thats why I am a Blue Devil at heart! #32 is the greatest college ball tournament player ever! ;)

i dunno...stephen curry is a sick gamer....very very clutch in tournament with a mediocre team.