PDA

View Full Version : ppl leaving

unknown1523
02-19-2008, 05:36 PM
hmmmm.........

lakesbison
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I like rumors, so Ill stick with the rumors.

and lets just face facts, about 90% of 18-22 years old girls.. (thats what they are....) are so mentally unstable in their lives anyways.... we can all agree on that. and if you think I am wrong in that assessment, walk on downtown on any firday/saturday night & have a conversation with them.... its mind boggling..

p.s- the beauty of this message board is rumors and innueando are part of the norm. so I dont know WHICH of the 3 girls you are.. but I appreciate you posting!!

took some guts.. I LOVE IT!! and Im not being sarcastic..

p.s.s- 6 in a row aint bad once they left.. hmm maybe RULEY did the right thing by pushing those buttons.

Bison Dan
02-19-2008, 06:01 PM
so i was just reading all the threads about 3 ppl leaving the team and i decided to set things straight. Many you have no clue what your talking about regarding any of the three situations. I know all three girls really well and everything that has been said about personal reasons is a load of shit. You know everyone has personal reasons for doing anything and to quit a div 1 program for being homesick, or having a b/f , or getting engaged seem pretty stupid excuses to me. When you leave a program its not just a decision you come up with the night before there is a lot of thought that goes into and obviously many ppl do not acknowlegde what these 3 girls went through to make the decisions they made. I know that ppl blame it on playing time and not getting in the game but its MUCH MUCH bigger than that. Its about respect and i think that those 3 girls got none especially from ruley. You come into a program thinking you will gain something from it and become a better person in the end. Then when you get there and you get no respect from the moment you get there its a slap in the face. You dont just wake up and decide you wanna play DIv I, you work at it and work at it . I think people have forgotten how much hard work and time goes into becoming a DIV I athlete. Why after years of hard work would you just QUIT for a reason such as playing time. Playing time is important yes, but whats more important is having respect and feeling wanted on a team. And when your coach makes you feel like you dont' belong and just becuase your not a starter you get thrown to the curb is not OK. ITS NOT. And then when you leave to try to be happy excuses such as HOME SICK ... BOYFRIEND... HEART... come into play. Once again disrespect is shown. Lets get the facts straight... TESSA not homesick she just didnt stand for getting taken advantage of by someone in power.. Georgia not boyfriend she had a boyfriend her freshman year too.. She was sick of coming to the gym everyday working hard and then getting stabbed in the back, lied to, cheated , and most importantly disrespected but a coach. Jenna her heart wasnt gone. She had all the heart in the world! and to question someones heart is really the last thing you should be doing. Jenna was tired of coming to practise feeling like she wasnt part of the team. so all those ppl who think that you know whats going on you have no idea. So dont try to gossip and say rude things when you have no IDEA. Everyone on that team deserves respect not just a select few. Picking and choosing your favorites and then treating everyone else like the dont belong is horrible.

I hope this clears things up .. its not meant to be rude and or mean its meant to tell the turth ... becuase the rumors are not true.

All I know for sure is that the team is playing better now than ever so it's a win win for everyone right?

TransAmBison
02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
so i was just reading all the threads about 3 ppl leaving the team and i decided to set things straight. Many you have no clue what your talking about regarding any of the three situations. I know all three girls really well and everything that has been said about personal reasons is a load of shit. You know everyone has personal reasons for doing anything and to quit a div 1 program for being homesick, or having a b/f , or getting engaged seem pretty stupid excuses to me. When you leave a program its not just a decision you come up with the night before there is a lot of thought that goes into and obviously many ppl do not acknowlegde what these 3 girls went through to make the decisions they made. I know that ppl blame it on playing time and not getting in the game but its MUCH MUCH bigger than that. Its about respect and i think that those 3 girls got none especially from ruley. You come into a program thinking you will gain something from it and become a better person in the end. Then when you get there and you get no respect from the moment you get there its a slap in the face. You dont just wake up and decide you wanna play DIv I, you work at it and work at it . I think people have forgotten how much hard work and time goes into becoming a DIV I athlete. Why after years of hard work would you just QUIT for a reason such as playing time. Playing time is important yes, but whats more important is having respect and feeling wanted on a team. And when your coach makes you feel like you dont' belong and just becuase your not a starter you get thrown to the curb is not OK. ITS NOT. And then when you leave to try to be happy excuses such as HOME SICK ... BOYFRIEND... HEART... come into play. Once again disrespect is shown. Lets get the facts straight... TESSA not homesick she just didnt stand for getting taken advantage of by someone in power.. Georgia not boyfriend she had a boyfriend her freshman year too.. She was sick of coming to the gym everyday working hard and then getting stabbed in the back, lied to, cheated , and most importantly disrespected but a coach. Jenna her heart wasnt gone. She had all the heart in the world! and to question someones heart is really the last thing you should be doing. Jenna was tired of coming to practise feeling like she wasnt part of the team. so all those ppl who think that you know whats going on you have no idea. So dont try to gossip and say rude things when you have no IDEA. Everyone on that team deserves respect not just a select few. Picking and choosing your favorites and then treating everyone else like the dont belong is horrible.

I hope this clears things up .. its not meant to be rude and or mean its meant to tell the turth ... becuase the rumors are not true.
I don't know the whole story, but it doesn't look good on their part when they quit the team. If they weren't getting respect, quitting the team kind of justifies it. Respect is earned.

TheDoctor
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I like rumors, so Ill stick with the rumors.

and lets just face facts, about 90% of 18-22 years old girls.. (thats what they are....) are so mentally unstable in their lives anyways.... we can all agree on that. and if you think I am wrong in that assessment, walk on downtown on any firday/saturday night & have a conversation with them.... its mind boggling..

p.s- the beauty of this message board is rumors and innueando are part of the norm. so I dont know WHICH of the 3 girls you are.. but I appreciate you posting!!

took some guts.. I LOVE IT!! and Im not being sarcastic..

p.s.s- 6 in a row aint bad once they left.. hmm maybe RULEY did the right thing by pushing those buttons.

Took guts to make up an anonymous user name and make statements like that on a message board? Sorry, but I wouldn't call that gutsy. ;)

lakesbison
02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
shh... reverse pyschology b1son.... shhh

90BISON
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Where is that "beating a dead horse" motion clip art when you need it.:banghead:

unknown1523
02-19-2008, 08:06 PM
medication?

56BISON73
02-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Kids leave school for various reasons. It happens all over the US so this isnt an isolated incident. Sometime relationships just dont work out, (coach-player)Sometime kids dont develope, Prioroties change. It happens. All you can do is wish them the best in the future and try and not make excuses. PL

Bison"FANatic"
02-19-2008, 08:25 PM
You hate to see an athlete leave for any reason. So much expectations when you choose a school. Maybe a lot more pressure to succeed then when we were in DII. Amy is a good friend of mine, but I've heard that there have a few of her players that didn't exactly enjoy the experience. Guess there is a fine line in coaching as to who you can push and who you can't. Maybe some kids can't handle the pressure and also may be on medication for one reason or another. I guess times have really changed.

Ok I am all about supporting Amy but the medication quote has no place on a message board even if you can back it up, that is taking the low road to me and we can have this discussion on the high road. Just my .02

I just find it interesting that we have ran off a bunch of wins since this all went down. I want to go to war with people who want to be there with me.

spiritbzn1
02-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm indirectly quoting Tom Hanks in the movie A League of Their Own:

"Baseball is hard. If it weren't hard, everybody would do it. It's the hard that makes it great."

College athletics is not always easy. You have to learn to pay the price and suck it up. Even when you don't think you are being treated fairly. If you can't suck it up, you quit. It's that easy............ There's others waiting for your spot.

lakesbison
02-20-2008, 12:33 AM
i think DORMIE is referencing my 1st post about how I said these 18-22 girls nowadays are so mentally unstable.. ..

silkamilkamonico
02-20-2008, 01:28 AM
When you walk into a collegiate program, especially at a school with the storied history as the Bison and Ruley, you earn the respect. You aren't given it. From the "rumors" I was hearing, the girls that left the program have had everything given to them, and didn't understand the concept of "earning" something.

Thunder_Struck
02-20-2008, 02:43 AM
This post makes me think of the interview on Dan Barerro's show I heard today with John Thompson. John Thompson said Bob Knight once asked him what he thought it would be like to coach players who have only been put in "Time Outs" their entire lives.

gwfan
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
My brother used to tell me that the" process of growing old" requires a degree
of toughness that you didn't know you had. Could this also apply to making
the transition from high school to college athletics?.

BisonBabe
02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
My brother used to tell me that the" process of growing old" requires a degree
of toughness that you didn't know you had. Could this also apply to making
the transition from high school to college athletics?.

There is a big differance between high school and college. I have been keeping up with the Class B girls the last week or so and see some incredible players. My guess is that these girls that really excel are given preferential treatment from the coaches that they may ore may not get from a college coach. It is tough to go from being the big fish to a small one but it is part of the growing process. It becomes apparent early on who is a team player and who thinks their poop doesn't stink.

SlickVic
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
chea cant wait till team makers on thursday def gonna ask amy what medication the girls were on...i mean my oh my dormie ruleys your "personal friend" and you come on here talking like that? amy ruleys a class act and i find it hard to believe she was talking about her players medication with you but if she did trust you with that obviously never in her wildest dreams would she think youd go and post it here...unbelievable

DORMIE
02-20-2008, 06:12 PM
I guess that would be my last post. GOODBY

TransAmBison
02-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I guess that would be my last post. GOODBY
Don't be a quitter!!!!

tcbison
02-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Don't be a quitter!!!!

Dormie and Greenie provide a lot of inside information that I can't get anywhere else. Please reconsider.

lakesbison
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
dammmit slicky.

delete that post.

dormie.. dont say goodbye. delete that "goodbye" too

both of you need to be here.

lakesbison
02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Ill Say It Again>> Louder.

Dormie Was Saying Medication... In Reference To My Original Post Talking About How These Young Girls Are Mentally Handicapped Nowadays>

Dormie Didnt Say One Of The Girls Was On Medication.

My God People>... Read All The Threads!!... Including You Slickster>!

BisonBabe
02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Ill Say It Again>> Louder.

Dormie Was Saying Medication... In Reference To My Original Post Talking About How These Young Girls Are Mentally Handicapped Nowadays>

Dormie Didnt Say One Of The Girls Was On Medication.

My God People>... Read All The Threads!!... Including You Slickster>!

It helps to re-read the post in question before blasting a fellow poster.

Great point Lakes.

DORMIE
02-20-2008, 06:43 PM
What I posted was probably poor judgement on my part. I've always felt that this was a pretty close group even though we might have our differences. Whether I post anymore is up to Slick, if he really feels that it is necessary to question Coach Ruley at Teammakers. Personally I do not feel that it is necessary. Can we move on?

TransAmBison
02-20-2008, 06:48 PM
What I posted was probably poor judgement on my part. I've always felt that this was a pretty close group even though we might have our differences. Whether I post anymore is up to Slick, if he really feels that it is necessary to question Coach Ruley at Teammakers. Personally I do not feel that it is necessary. Can we move on?
Done deal. Glad to have you back.

Bison"FANatic"
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I understand that Dormie. I have had mouth in gear before brain in gear many times. I know you didn't mean anything bad by it. I've moved on.

sambini
02-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Dormie I'm glad your back.

roadwarrior
02-20-2008, 07:38 PM
I've always felt that this was a pretty close group even though we might have our differences.

The people that post here are probably a pretty close group in that most of us are Bison fans. What you have to remember is that there are many other readers than the people that post. Players, parents of players, coaches, administration, media people, and fans from other schools all come here to read this information. Anyone in the world with internet access can read what we post here. You have to consider that when you click on the "submit reply" button, you are not just passing on information to a close group of friends, you are broadcasting it to everyone in the world.

SlickVic
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Whether I post anymore is up to Slick, if he really feels that it is necessary to question Coach Ruley at Teammakers. Personally I do not feel that it is necessary. Can we move on?

i was being sarcastic...i might ask her how lisa bue and brenda stack up against the all time greats tho i mean my oh my its hard to believe that there have been many girls greater than them

TransAmBison
02-20-2008, 08:04 PM
The people that post here are probably a pretty close group in that most of us are Bison fans. What you have to remember is that there are many other readers than the people that post. Players, parents of players, coaches, administration, media people, and fans from other schools all come here to read this information. Anyone in the world with internet access can read what we post here. You have to consider that when you click on the "submit reply" button, you are not just passing on information to a close group of friends, you are broadcasting it to everyone in the world.
Good point, but it sure would be boring if everyone worried about what would people think if I posted this? Some posts go to far, but most are just fine. It sure is a sad day if somebody gets really upset over something posted on a message board. All I can think of is Homer Simpson saying, "Boring!"

Elephants Dream?
02-21-2008, 12:05 AM
mess #24
Sounds like you've got your tit in the wringer now!

90BISON
02-21-2008, 04:41 AM
mess #24
Sounds like you've got your tit in the wringer now!

You're a little late, I think it's already been de-wringered.:D

Bison What?
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM

What is wrong with you!? that is an extremely unfair thing to say, and to pass judgment on all 18-22 year old girls becase the girls that you choose to hang out with on friday/saturday nights are idiots...

Do you know the girls on the womens basketball team!? Why do you feel the need to just come up in here and tear them down....but Im not sure if I can really blame you, because thats all that the "fans" on this website ever do is talk about how the girls arent working hard enough, or about how they dont want it, and how bad they suck....

...get a life...stop bringing them down all of the time...

BisonBabe
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
What is wrong with you!? that is an extremely unfair thing to say, and to pass judgment on all 18-22 year old girls becase the girls that you choose to hang out with on friday/saturday nights are idiots...

Do you know the girls on the womens basketball team!? Why do you feel the need to just come up in here and tear them down....but Im not sure if I can really blame you, because thats all that the "fans" on this website ever do is talk about how the girls arent working hard enough, or about how they dont want it, and how bad they suck....

...get a life...stop bringing them down all of the time...

I guess I somewhat agree with lakes in his comment. But it really applies to boys and girls from ages 15-25 IMHO. This comes from my experience from when I was that age and now from the stand point of being a parent. There are a lot of changes physically and emotionally during these times. I will point out that not all of those in this age group have emotional issues. Also there are some that never lose the emotional issues no matter the age.

I do not see any reason to tear down anyone much less the boys and girls playing on our teams. I would love it if everyone was supportive of the players as well as the coaches. But it seems many have difficulty with this concept. It seems you are expecting others to treat the girls with respect but you are not willing to do the same for Coach Ruley. Seems to be a case of Pot meet Kettle.

DORMIE
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Have to agree with Bison Babe. I don't think there is a University in the USA that has a finer group of coaches and athletes as we have at NDSU. Just first class people that work their buts off. Possibly they are at an institution where we have had so much success in different sports over the past 40 years that we are truly spoiled. To have the success we have had on the field and in the classroom is really remarkable. When I was young we didn't have travel teams, etc., we just played for the area rink on Saturday. I really admire the athletes for the committment they have, starting when they are very young up until they graduate. It's amazing that more of them don't burnout with the pressure put on them by us, their parents, coaches and most of all themselves. We have to be thankful for the effort put forth by our coaches and athletes over the years. I know we provide them all the tools to be successful, but bottom line, they're just human like the rest of us.

TransAmBison
02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
We definitely are spoiled. I think many of us thought the transition would be easy for the women. We were spoiled with how easy it was for football. The men's basketball team has had some monster wins to spoil us further. I don't know if we expected the women to bust out of the gate and win their conference or what. The bar has been raised. Ruley has been an awesome coach. She's doing her best and putting her best players on the court. There is going to be some growing pains. Some players will always feel they aren't being utilized enough. Good players will work harder and contribute any way they can. There are plenty of players on the football team that never see the field, but they are just as important to the team.

lakesbison
02-21-2008, 06:33 PM
BISON WHAT?

ok ok.. 50-75%? is that better.. and yes.I don't know any ladies on the bball team personally.

Bisonbabe- thanks for agreeing with me.... a lil bit ;)

TransAmBison
02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
BISON WHAT?

ok ok.. 50-75%? is that better.. and yes.I don't know any ladies on the bball team personally.

Bisonbabe- thanks for agreeing with me.... a lil bit ;)
You crack me up some days. :rofl:

bisonpride2k
02-22-2008, 12:58 AM
i was being sarcastic...i might ask her how lisa bue and brenda stack up against the all time greats tho i mean my oh my its hard to believe that there have been many girls greater than them

Great players but they dont stack up to the likes of Morelock, Schmidt, Parsley, Radamacher, etc..... The best of the 00's dont compare to the 90's. They deserve mention as being great players in the programs history but not in the same sentance as the best. It was another level. Sorry you missed it. It was something to watch. Clean basketball with not alot of turnovers on our end. Not like we see today.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-22-2008, 03:48 AM
"those that stay will be champions"

Herd
02-22-2008, 03:55 AM
We definitely are spoiled. I think many of us thought the transition would be easy for the women. We were spoiled with how easy it was for football. The men's basketball team has had some monster wins to spoil us further. I don't know if we expected the women to bust out of the gate and win their conference or what. The bar has been raised. Ruley has been an awesome coach. She's doing her best and putting her best players on the court. There is going to be some growing pains. Some players will always feel they aren't being utilized enough. Good players will work harder and contribute any way they can. There are plenty of players on the football team that never see the field, but they are just as important to the team.

I don't think that WBB has to appologize to the men this year. The are +5 compared to the men at even money in 07-08. Nice run by the ladies, and a pretty good season at that. A win on Saturday would be a huge stepping stone to next season. The ladies have been locking up, however, in the presence of rabbits lately.

Elephants Dream?
02-22-2008, 06:12 AM
BisonBabe,
"It seems you are expecting others to treat the girls with respect but
you are not willing to do the same for Coach Ruley."
IMO she doesn't deserve my respect, therefore I have none for her.

BlueKeyAlum
02-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Great players but they dont stack up to the likes of Morelock, Schmidt, Parsley, Radamacher, etc..... The best of the 00's dont compare to the 90's. They deserve mention as being great players in the programs history but not in the same sentance as the best. It was another level. Sorry you missed it. It was something to watch. Clean basketball with not alot of turnovers on our end. Not like we see today.

I don't know how you can evaluate the current team with the past teams. We're playing against Division One competition now. And I think most people who have been involved in girl's basketball at the high school and younger ages will acknowledge that because of the opportunities now available through the proliferation of AAU and summer leagues, the current level of talent is not only higher than it was 12 years ago but there are more girls capable of playing at that higher level.

Apples and oranges....

BisonBabe
02-22-2008, 02:20 PM
BisonBabe,
"It seems you are expecting others to treat the girls with respect but
you are not willing to do the same for Coach Ruley."
IMO she doesn't deserve my respect, therefore I have none for her.

Then you should not get upset if others do not respect the girls.

bisonpride2k
02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't know how you can evaluate the current team with the past teams. We're playing against Division One competition now. And I think most people who have been involved in girl's basketball at the high school and younger ages will acknowledge that because of the opportunities now available through the proliferation of AAU and summer leagues, the current level of talent is not only higher than it was 12 years ago but there are more girls capable of playing at that higher level.

Apples and oranges....

Bluekey... Did you get the privilage to watch those teams play? It is easy to evaluate basic skill level and athleticism if nothing else no matter what the competition is. If you did not see those teams play then unfortunately you can not make that comparison. As I said before Bue and Slyt definately deserve mention as some of the best players in our programs history but they would not make first or second team if you put together all time teams.

90BISON
02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Bluekey... Did you get the privilage to watch those teams play? It is easy to evaluate basic skill level and athleticism if nothing else no matter what the competition is. If you did not see those teams play then unfortunately you can not make that comparison. As I said before Bue and Slyt definately deserve mention as some of the best players in our programs history but they would not make first or second team if you put together all time teams.

Either of the two recent players you mentioned, absolutely could have played on the teams back then. Not saying they would have been the best, but they would have been players. And yes, I've watched them since the early 80's. Different level of competition now though, so it's kind of another lesson in mental masturbation.:D

TransAmBison
02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Either of the two recent players you mentioned, absolutely could have played on the teams back then. Not saying they would have been the best, but they would have been players. And yes, I've watched them since the early 80's. Different level of competition now though, so it's kind of another lesson in mental masturbation.:D
Must refrain...do not take the bait...must leave this thread before boredom overtakes good judgement and I send this thread into a tailspin...

TransAmBison
02-22-2008, 07:59 PM
...so, would conditioner help? Mousse? Shampoo aftwards?*

*Could not resist...especially after prodding from...well, you know who you are!