PDA

View Full Version : New SDSU Jackrabbit Logo

JackJD
02-19-2008, 04:52 PM
SDSU's new Jackrabbit was unveiled this morning. Finding an appropriate Jackrabbit to replace the Bugs Bunny cousin was a tough task. Here's a link to the SDSU Collegian newspaper story with pictures of the new Jackrabbit and Jacks logos.

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/media/storage/paper484/news/2008/02/13/News/New-Jackrabbit.Unveiled-3219274.shtml

Bison Dan
02-19-2008, 06:06 PM
SDSU's new Jackrabbit was unveiled this morning. Finding an appropriate Jackrabbit to replace the Bugs Bunny cousin was a tough task. Here's a link to the SDSU Collegian newspaper story with pictures of the new Jackrabbit and Jacks logos.

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/media/storage/paper484/news/2008/02/13/News/New-Jackrabbit.Unveiled-3219274.shtml

He doesn't look happy? What no girl bunnies around?

imabison
02-19-2008, 07:03 PM
He doesn't look happy? What no girl bunnies around?
I agree, alot of anger in that look.

bisonhusker
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
The logo looks pissed because he just found out he lives in Brookings and they keep him in the trailor that houses the football lockers. It just isn't a happy time for the poor wabbit.

JackJD
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
That's what I get for presenting actual news! Buncha wiseguys.

I just wanted to make sure you recognized the new Logo which will appear on the fan gear of the winning team in the Dome this fall.

90BISON
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
That's what I get for presenting actual news! Buncha wiseguys.

I just wanted to make sure you recognized the new Logo which will appear on the fan gear of the winning team in the Dome this fall.

When do you guys play USD by the way?;)

Seriously though, it is way better than the old one. Wait for a photoshopped version coming soon, which will be even better yet. I can't believe they even approved a final version without prior approval from BV.

Tatanka
02-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, in all seriousness, congrats on the logo! Great improvement. And if you've got to be a jackrabbit, you might as well be a tough looking jackrabbit...

tjbison
02-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Ahh look at the cute little bunny:p

Tatanka
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg40/Happy_Phantom911/bunny.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kristinpepe/bunny.jpg

Tatanka
02-20-2008, 01:21 PM
and finally, one for Slick...

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/vampirepengie/bunny.jpg

UTH
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Yes, in all seriousness, congrats on the logo! Great improvement. And if you've got to be a jackrabbit, you might as well be a tough looking jackrabbit...

Yeah...

Tough guy mascot
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/BadBunny.jpg

*they need to do it like they mean it.

UTH
02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Until they do it like they mean it, they'll just be a bunch of sissy-boys

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/SDSUJacksBrookingsBunnyRabbitgaytut.jpg

*pictures of 'jackrabbit fans' are just too easy - get a 'tough' mascot...

BisonCountry
02-20-2008, 02:33 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii34/jkd_photo/Rabbitattack.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg)
This is the only rabbit that's ever terrified me. Click picture for proof.

bisonmike2
02-20-2008, 03:51 PM

I agree. It's a nice logo. As long as you are ok with the fact that your mascot is a rabbit.

Herd Mentality
02-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Definitely well done, however...looking at the two versions I can't help but think that if I sat down to come up with a new logo for the herd that I would make sure of two things...

1) The logo wouldn't look like the mascot was "trying to run away:
2) The alternate logo wouldn't look like the mascot was "looking over his shoulder"

Any way you look at it, there must be a Bison on the Horizon...

NorCalJack
02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Definitely well done, however...looking at the two versions I can't help but think that if I sat down to come up with a new logo for the herd that I would make sure of two things...

1) The logo wouldn't look like the mascot was "trying to run away:
2) The alternate logo wouldn't look like the mascot was "looking over his shoulder"

Any way you look at it, there must be a Bison on the Horizon...

Well the reason the Jackrabbit is "looking over his shoulder" is to make sure that the Bison are keeping up with us. And as the Jackrabbit is "looking over his shoulder" he sees the Bison on the Horizon as the Jackrabbit stands at the Summit.

It is rivalry week, so I can't cut you Bison fans any slack this week.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

tjbison
02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Well the reason the Jackrabbit is "looking over his shoulder" is to make sure that the Bison are keeping up with us. And as the Jackrabbit is "looking over his shoulder" he sees the Bison on the Horizon as the Jackrabbit stands at the Summit.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

:rofl: Thanks that made my day!:bunnyb:

NorCalJack
02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
:rofl: Thanks that made my day!:bunnyb:

Well since you know Bison athletics better than I do, how many conference championships have the Bison won this year?

I know SDSU has won two so far and will clinch at least a share of the WBB conference title with a victory over the Bison this weekend. That makes it SDSU 3, NDSU 0.

How many NCAA tournaments have the Bison made this year?

The Jacks played in the NCAA Volleyball tourney FYI.

Will the Bison make the NIT this year?

With a WBB victory over the Bison and a split of the last two games at home, the Jacks will secure an auto-bid to the WNIT.

And a true measure of where both athletic departments as a whole are is to look at the Commissioner's Standings for the Summit League. The current standings as of today, SDSU would be in tie for 2nd place in the conference and NDSU would be in 6th place. By the end of this weekend, SDSU will move into sole possession of 2nd place and NDSU will slip in the standings because NDSU does not sponsor Swimming and Diving.

Don't you just hate it when facts get in the way of your arguement. Well it is Bison week, so we can't cut you any slack this week.

Good Luck this weekend.

Oh and here is looking at you kid.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/NorCalJack/Jack4.jpg

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

BlueBisonRock
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Half right.

GO North Dakota STATE!

tjbison
02-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Well since you know Bison athletics better than I do, how many conference championships have the Bison won this year?

I know SDSU has won two so far and will clinch at least a share of the WBB conference title with a victory over the Bison this weekend. That makes it SDSU 3, NDSU 0.

With a WBB victory over the Bison and a split of the last two games at home, the Jacks will secure an auto-bid to the WNIT.

And a true measure of where both athletic departments as a whole are is to look at the Commissioner's Standings for the Summit League. The current standings as of today, SDSU would be in tie for 2nd place in the conference and NDSU would be in 6th place. By the end of this weekend, SDSU will move into sole possession of 2nd place and NDSU will slip in the standings because NDSU does not sponsor Swimming and Diving.

Don't you just hate it when facts get in the way of your arguement. Well it is Bison week, so we can't cut you any slack this week.

Good Luck this weekend.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Don't remember doing that, man you a little testy?? Must be the new logo filled all the bunnyfoofoo fans with anger and I guess in the BB department we are a little behind, but with your mens teams record thru the transition I wouldn't smack it up too much!:p

90BISON
02-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah...

Tough guy mascot
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/BadBunny.jpg

*they need to do it like they mean it.

That's what I'm talkin' about, I knew you'd come through, "Look at the huge teeth, and the bones...........":nod:

90BISON
02-21-2008, 04:56 AM

Good Luck this weekend.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Well hell, since you put it that way. Somebody call Gene & Lynn and tell them to pack their bags, raise the big white flag over the top of the BSA and shut the lights off on the way out of the building. We can't very well keep up with these guys and they own us in every sport from underwater basket weaving to tag team table tennis!:hide:

bisonhusker
02-21-2008, 02:07 PM
If you think SDSU is stronger in athletics than NDSU, you are high. Seriously.

We will dominate you in hoops this weekend. You will dominate the ladies of course. In football, you got lucky to beat us. Your cute little 4 loss team stole what is rightfully ours. Face it. You know deep down that you cannot compete in football with NDSU.....time will tell me boi.

Bison Dan
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM

Good Luck this weekend.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Having NDSU take over Coughlin Stadium tells me all I need to know about SDSU sports.

bisonmike2
02-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Having NDSU take over Coughlin Stadium tells me all I need to know about SDSU sports.

BINGO! Post of the day.

TheBisonator
02-21-2008, 07:16 PM

So does the attendance of 3,317 against Southern Utah the week before the big game. OH SNAP!!!!!!

TheBisonator
02-21-2008, 07:18 PM
And don't forget Bunny fans, SDSU is located in Brookings, South Dakota, which is likely the most underachieving town in the entire United States.:D

i_got_a_fever
02-21-2008, 07:46 PM

If you are talking about sports, there is no need to talk about your fan base. If you want to talk about fan base, okay you probably win, but if you wanted to talk about sports you probably should talk about the score.

SDSU 29

NDSU 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sIR60Ho608

There's your flippin SDSU sports

NDSUstudent
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
SDSU was 7-4 this year and their fans were trying to get their coach nominated for the FCS coach of the year award. That tells me all I need to know about SDSU athletics.

I wouldn't make this point if Stig was 1-10 the year before but he was 7-4.

aces1180
02-21-2008, 07:56 PM
If you are talking about sports, there is no need to talk about your fan base. If you want to talk about fan base, okay you probably win, but if you wanted to talk about sports you probably should talk about the score.

SDSU 29

NDSU 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sIR60Ho608

There's your flippin SDSU sports

8>0...How about you talk about NCAA Football Championships?

NorCalJack
02-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Well I'm glad you could make the game then, cause we wanted to make sure you were all witnesses. In case you forgot, you can click on that link provided by I_got_a_fever.

If you would like, you can repeat the trip and watch the Jacks take down your MBB and WBB teams. I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

lakesbison
02-21-2008, 08:29 PM
ha ha.. NDSU wiped SDSU's lil boys off the court by DOUBLING them in Fargo.

do you really honestly think you have a chance??

oh, wait, NDSU did lose to SUU & IPFW on the road after pounding them at home.... BUT last time I checked, they don't need to FLY to Brookings.

do they even have an airport???

or is it a field with those fancy dancy orange flag things chilling on it?

TheBisonator
02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
For me, the best part about going to the Marker game last fall was realizing how thankful I was that I didn't live in Brookings, and that my home was far away from there. My God, if I lived in Brookings, I think I would have to kill myself.

NorCalJack
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
For me, the best part about going to the Marker game last fall was realizing how thankful I was that I didn't live in Brookings, and that my home was far away from there. My God, if I lived in Brookings, I think I would have to kill myself.

At least you would have died in heaven.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

TransAmBison
02-21-2008, 09:05 PM
At least you would have died in heaven.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!
Have to give to ya, that was a good comeback. Now go back to your hole and breed like vermin.

tjbison
02-21-2008, 09:24 PM
8>0...How about you talk about NCAA Football Championships?

Lets not forget:
5 in womens BB
4 in Wrestling
1 in Cross Country
1 in Softball
1 in Indoor Track
8 in football as you stated

If my math is correct thats 20 NCAA Trophies since 1965:nod: (I may have missed something)

The Bunnies have what 2??? 1??? not sure need some help

sambini
02-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Tshirts sales a little down. Is that the reason for the new logo? Lets Go Bison+++++

NorCalJack
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Tshirts sales a little down. Is that the reason for the new logo? Lets Go Bison+++++

Actually Time Warner contacted SDSU about 18 months ago and subletly suggested that we change the "Bugs Bunny" logo with something else.

But actually our merchandise sales have gone up, from what I hear, since the move to D-1.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

i_got_a_fever
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Lets not forget:
5 in womens BB
4 in Wrestling
1 in Cross Country
1 in Softball
1 in Indoor Track

If my math is correct thats 20 NCAA Trophies since 1965:nod: (I may have missed something)

All of which were what DII, odd?

We're talking DI.

Postseason DI trips SDSU 2 > NDSU 0

DI Conference Championships 2 (about to be 3) > NDSU 1

i_got_a_fever
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Not to mention our WBB team won the DI Independents all 3 years, and the baseball team won the DI Independents Title last year.

bisonhusker
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Is this for real? Seriously? SDSU...please.

You have short man's desease. You are the red headed step child. We call you a rival to keep you happy. Enough. More of a cuddly/friendly rival because you had the nuts to go D1. Get over yourself. You beat us in football twice. Congrats.

You are not on par with NDSU. You have come a long way, and have along ways to go. Keep trying.

it takes 50% of the crowd to be Bison fans for you to sell out a home game. We will split this weekend. We will dominate in mens, you will dominate in womens.

Welcome to the board. I can't wait to see the daktronics board tell you how to cheer during the game tomorrow....."I've got a feva..."

TheBisonator
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Not to mention our WBB team won the DI Independents all 3 years, and the baseball team won the DI Independents Title last year.

Wow, an Independents title. That and $1.05 will buy you a bottle of Mountain Dew at Stop-N-Go.

TheBisonator
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM

You have short man's desease. You are the red headed step child. We call you a rival to keep you happy. Enough. More of a cuddly/friendly rival because you had the nuts to go D1. Get over yourself. You beat us in football twice. Congrats.

You are not on par with NDSU. You have come a long way, and have along ways to go. Keep trying.

it takes 50% of the crowd to be Bison fans for you to sell out a home game. We will split this weekend. We will dominate in mens, you will dominate in womens.

Welcome to the board. I can't wait to see the daktronics board tell you how to cheer during the game tomorrow....."I've got a feva..."

Speaking of Daktronics boards, that's a nice new board they have at ol' Coughlin. Unfortunately the rest of the stadium is an embarrassment to the sport of American football. Seriously, Coughlin is just like an inner-city Minneapolis HS field but with a bigger grandstand on one side. I think the Dakotadome is a piece of crap as well, but I have to agree with the Yotie fans when they mock SDSU's stadium. The state of South Dakota is probably the worst state in the Union when it comes to football facilities.

And yes, you did beat us there. Props to you.

NorCalJack
02-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Lets not forget:
5 in womens BB
4 in Wrestling
1 in Cross Country
1 in Softball
1 in Indoor Track

Say didn't you guys win a national championship in concrete canoe racing a few years back? Don't forget to add that to da list.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

BlueBisonRock
02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Say didn't you guys win a national championship in concrete canoe racing a few years back? Don't forget to add that to da list.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

So what is going on? Pledge week at the greek houses? Lakes' cousins? Someone loose a bet? I haven't seen this level of (im)maturity since I coached seventh grade football.

56BISON73
02-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Wow, an Independents title. That and $1.05 will buy you a bottle of Mountain Dew at Stop-N-Go.

Kind of like playing in a five team conference as you then only have 4 conference games. :D PL

lakesbison
02-22-2008, 01:11 AM
CANT WAIT FOR CUBBIES AT 4pm.. PACK A LUNCH BUNNY TURDS!!!

tjbison
02-22-2008, 03:41 AM
All of which were what DII, odd?

We're talking DI.

Postseason DI trips SDSU 2 > NDSU 0

DI Conference Championships 2 (about to be 3) > NDSU 1

I believe the original statement that started the whole stupid fest (i for one included) was that NDSU is BEHIND SDSU in sports, and yes it was stated that in the Transition we are behind in a couple sports, I expanded it to our complete History, but in SDSU's case you only have the past 5 years so I'll give you that, Keep it up bunnies you are the BEAST of DI.:D

i_got_a_fever
02-22-2008, 04:15 AM
I don't understand you win the GWFC in 2006 and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, you even got rings for it I believe, but we win it in 2007 and it's just a 5 team conference. Why can't we be excited? We won the Independents, well last time I checked that was the highest achievement we could play for. Yeah, it's only an Independent championship, but it was the highest that either of us, SDSU or NDSU could accomplish. Can't we be proud of that. It's like you are saying all those games that yours and our athletes played for those hard years as Independents didn't count for a thing.

56BISON73
02-22-2008, 04:40 AM
I don't understand you win the GWFC in 2006 and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, you even got rings for it I believe, but we win it in 2007 and it's just a 5 team conference. Why can't we be excited? We won the Independents, well last time I checked that was the highest achievement we could play for. Yeah, it's only an Independent championship, but it was the highest that either of us, SDSU or NDSU could accomplish. Can't we be proud of that. It's like you are saying all those games that yours and our athletes played for those hard years as Independents didn't count for a thing.

My post was a facetious response to Bisonators attempt at the put down about the Indy title.
I have always belabored the fact that the GW was a 5 team conference.
Congrats on the win!!!!PL

BisManBison
02-22-2008, 06:40 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii34/jkd_photo/Rabbitattack.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg)
This is the only rabbit that's ever terrified me. Click picture for proof.

It's just a bunny...

NDSUstudent
02-22-2008, 09:27 PM

I think the rings in 06 had some to do with our 10-1 season. If we had gone 7-4 and won the GWFC, I doubt there would have been rings or mass excitement. Not that I want to take anything away from you guys winning your first conference title in 30 some years but for us it was just a great ending to a historic season. The season was the story, it went way beyond just winning the GWFC.

NorCalJack
02-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I think the rings in 06 had some to do with our 10-1 season. If we had gone 7-4 and won the GWFC, I doubt there would have been rings or mass excitement. Not that I want to take anything away from you guys winning your first conference title in 30 some years but for us it was just a great ending to a historic season. The season was the story, it went way beyond just winning the GWFC.

Did they had out rings for the 10-1 season this year?

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

jacksfan29
02-22-2008, 11:21 PM

Wow, coming from someone who cheers for the big red I'm surprised you are interested in discussing any program not being on par with any other program. As for NDSU, I guess all those TSL championships in your first year have you feeling pretty good. Oh that's right, you didn't win any TSL championships in your first year of membership. I guess it is the Great West title in 2007... oh guess not. Is SDSU on par with NDSU, not sure but time will tell. Guess I'll go off now and enjoy the one, soon to be two first year league titles SDSU fans are enjoying in the first year of TSL membership. By the way, I think that is a pretty good question. Did the FB team in Fargo get rings this year based on their outstanding record?

NorCalJack
02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, coming from someone who cheers for the big red I'm surprised you are interested in discussing any program not being on par with any other program. As for NDSU, I guess all those TSL championships in your first year have you feeling pretty good. Oh that's right, you didn't win any TSL championships in your first year of membership. I guess it is the Great West title in 2007... oh guess not. Is SDSU on par with NDSU, not sure but time will tell. Guess I'll go off now and enjoy the one, soon to be two first year league titles SDSU fans are enjoying in the first year of TSL membership. By the way, I think that is a pretty good question. Did the FB team in Fargo get rings this year based on their outstanding record?

jacksfan29 - Strong first post. Welcome to the board. Do you post on the SDSUfans.com site? If not you should.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

BlueBisonRock
02-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Now who was telling me that the xDSU rivalry was going to be a positive and mature rivalry unlike the rivalry NDSU had with the school to the north? Proof points like this kinda make me wonder. :banghead:

tjbison
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
There's more posting by Bunnies over here than on their own board:confused: WTF!!

NDSUstudent
02-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Did they had out rings for the 10-1 season this year?

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Last year's rings said 10-1 and GWFC champs, I never said going 10-1 was the exclusive reason the rings were made.

tjbison
02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Last year's rings said 10-1 and GWFC champs, I never said going 10-1 was the exclusive reason the rings were made.

I think they'll jump on you no matter what you say!!

NDSUstudent
02-23-2008, 12:34 AM
I think they'll jump on you no matter what you say!!

Yeah, they are like a bunch of jackals. ;)

BlueBisonRock
02-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, they are like a bunch of jackals. ;)

Rabid Rabbits.

jacksfan29
02-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Now who was telling me that the xDSU rivalry was going to be a positive and mature rivalry unlike the rivalry NDSU had with the school to the north? Proof points like this kinda make me wonder. :banghead:

I think there are very good Bison fans out there, and then there are some of the posters on this board that seem to believe NDSU are headed to the Big Ten soon. I would put them in the same category as Star to City and others on Sue sports.com. The post was pretty clear, and factual. I keep reading rips on SDSU and how superior NDSU is, yet I don't see any league titles hanging on the wall in 2007-08 for NDSU (Summit or Great West). It would seem some of the Bison faithful want to run down the state school to the south as being inferior. Yet that school has two and will soon add a third league title in 2007-08 calendar year. Hmmm, interesting now isn't it.

NDSUstudent
02-23-2008, 02:42 AM
I think there are very good Bison fans out there, and then there are some of the posters on this board that seem to believe NDSU are headed to the Big Ten soon. I would put them in the same category as Star to City and others on Sue sports.com. The post was pretty clear, and factual. I keep reading rips on SDSU and how superior NDSU is, yet I don't see any league titles hanging on the wall in 2007-08 for NDSU (Summit or Great West). It would seem some of the Bison faithful want to run down the state school to the south as being inferior. Yet that school has two and will soon add a third league title in 2007-08 calendar year. Hmmm, interesting now isn't it.

As a whole SDSU is on par with NDSU, you guys have always had a strong overall athletic program just like us. That and class, is what seperates us from our former rivals.

tjbison
02-23-2008, 02:47 AM

The same goes for the SDSU posters that are comparing (on an NDSU board) 1 year for SDSU, but not allowing us to compare the overall History, Tradition, and Championships. I'll admit in a few select sports SDSU in apparently the 1 year in your schools athletic history has done somewhat better than NDSU, I for one am proud MY schools history and Tradition runs longer than 1 year, so you my friend have zero facts to say SDSU is ahead of NDSU in sports overall! No smack intended but I think if you really wanted to compare the OVERALL state of Athletics between the bunnies and NDSU you might be a little ashamed!! And please remember THIS IS A NDSU BOARD TRY NOT TO GET TO UPTIGHT ABOUT WHAT BISON FANS ARE SAYING!

BlueBisonRock
02-23-2008, 03:58 AM

Call me old fashioned. I go to your house, I treat you and yours with respect. You come to my house, I expect the same treatment. If the posting is in the SMACK forum, I get it. In fact, I will and have lobbed a few out there myself.

Now, If Jack fans want to stop by and have a pleasant conversation with a bit of jousting, Go for it. However, if the Jack fans want to play the 'Dudes from the North' game, I see this rivalry becoming as noxious as the so called Sioux rivalry.

For any comparison, the NDSU clock started in 1965. When you choose to come to the Bison house and tell us that this tradition is irrelevant, you move from supporting a so called positive rivalry to behaving like the xNDs.

As an alternative, we can simply hold the bragging and compare results after five years. And keep it respectful until then.

Hmmm, Interesting now isn't it?

Herd Mentality
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
You know, the more I look at the running logo the more I think it looks like what your dog does when he's trying to wipe his a$$ on the carpet...

Disturbing.

SDSUJack3031
02-26-2008, 04:09 AM
The same goes for the SDSU posters that are comparing (on an NDSU board) 1 year for SDSU, but not allowing us to compare the overall History, Tradition, and Championships. I'll admit in a few select sports SDSU in apparently the 1 year in your schools athletic history has done somewhat better than NDSU, I for one am proud MY schools history and Tradition runs longer than 1 year, so you my friend have zero facts to say SDSU is ahead of NDSU in sports overall! No smack intended but I think if you really wanted to compare the OVERALL state of Athletics between the bunnies and NDSU you might be a little ashamed!! And please remember THIS IS A NDSU BOARD TRY NOT TO GET TO UPTIGHT ABOUT WHAT BISON FANS ARE SAYING!

Agreed. But the same goes for men's basketball for NDSU. I understand that the Bison have been way better than SDSU during the transition, but our basketball tradition exists from the past, as well.

Herd Mentality
02-26-2008, 04:47 AM
You know, the more I look at the running logo the more I think it looks like what your dog does when he's trying to wipe his a$$ on the carpet...

Disturbing.

So SDSUJack3031 gives me negative rep points for this? C'mon man? Look at how far forward the legs are, it's NOT natural. Apparently you guys hired a cartoonist again and haven't done any research how animals run vs how they look when they're trying to scratch the itch. Just tellin' it like it is. Hater.

KC Bison
02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Which way is it?? Do Div II stats count or not. Either we forget that SDSU won some basketball games at Div II or we count those NDSU football championships. A quick reminder that most of our football championships came before Div II was watered down and there were teams like N. Iowa, the Montana schools, Troy State. A lot of the IAA schools were original Div II members. This was also before the days of cutting back on scholarship levels back. Was SDSU part of that effort??

Bisonguy
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Which way is it?? Do Div II stats count or not. Either we forget that SDSU won some basketball games at Div II or we count those NDSU football championships. A quick reminder that most of our football championships came before Div II was watered down and there were teams like N. Iowa, the Montana schools, Troy State. A lot of the IAA schools were original Div II members. This was also before the days of cutting back on scholarship levels back. Was SDSU part of that effort??

FYI- The Montana schools left DII in 1977, and UNI left in 1980.

i_got_a_fever
02-26-2008, 09:54 PM
So SDSUJack3031 gives me negative rep points for this? C'mon man? Look at how far forward the legs are, it's NOT natural. Apparently you guys hired a cartoonist again and haven't done any research how animals run vs how they look when they're trying to scratch the itch. Just tellin' it like it is. Hater.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/35/84/22578435.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/25/240px-Running_hare.jpg

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/hare300_tcm9-157800.jpg

http://www.sdsufans.com/images/articles/20080219134256708_3.jpg

Looks pretty natural to me.

TransAmBison
02-27-2008, 12:13 AM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/35/84/22578435.jpg

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/25/240px-Running_hare.jpg

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/hare300_tcm9-157800.jpg

http://www.sdsufans.com/images/articles/20080219134256708_3.jpg

Looks pretty natural to me.
So you just posted 4 pics of rabbits crapping? What's your point? :D

Herd Mentality
02-27-2008, 01:52 AM
I guess I don't see how those photos prove me wrong, but whatever.

i_got_a_fever
02-27-2008, 04:37 AM
well you are probably right since the bison naturally rears up and lunges like a big horn sheep

http://images.sportsline.com/images/cbss/ui2/logos/collegebasketball/160x100/NDS.gif

http://www.slatestoneart.ca/_borders/WebBighorn_Rearing_March_2005180-8098_IMG.JPG

http://montanakids.com/plants_and_animals/Animals/Images/Rearing_Sheep.jpg

Tatanka
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
So you just posted 4 pics of rabbits crapping? What's your point? :D
Yes, I am also confused.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/LadyDocAfricamPix/MWSnap0312008-01-2922_51_47.jpg

There. I've also posted a picture of an animal in its natural habitat, possibly also taking a dump.

Just wanted to contribute in the spirit of the thread...

NorCalJack
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah post pictures of sheep, that is just baaaaaaaad. Must be a North Dakota thing.

Bisonguy
02-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, I am also confused.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/LadyDocAfricamPix/MWSnap0312008-01-2922_51_47.jpg

There. I've also posted a picture of an animal in its natural habitat, possibly also taking a dump.

Just wanted to contribute in the spirit of the thread...

LOL- every time I see a photo of a rhinoceros, it reminds me of the whole bloodninja chat. :D

tjbison
02-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah post pictures of sheep, that is just baaaaaaaad. Must be a North Dakota thing.

What??? I believe it was a rabbit that posted those

missingnumber7
02-28-2008, 05:14 PM
So am i reading this correctly this is an argument started over a period of time where nothing counts towards NCAA records? Ok...2 corrections...1. I believe the NDSU Men won the D1 Independant tourney the first year. 2. The official post season count is 1 to 1. WNIT was not previously an officially NCAA sponsored post season event, thus the reason a transition team could participate, it also did not lead to a 'national championship' it leads to the Womens National Invitational Tournament championship. In my book you VB team takes 1 for SDSU...and NDSU had a wrestler in the national championships last year.

jackrabbit1979
02-28-2008, 05:49 PM
So am i reading this correctly this is an argument started over a period of time where nothing counts towards NCAA records? Ok...2 corrections...1. I believe the NDSU Men won the D1 Independant tourney the first year. 2. The official post season count is 1 to 1. WNIT was not previously an officially NCAA sponsored post season event, thus the reason a transition team could participate, it also did not lead to a 'national championship' it leads to the Womens National Invitational Tournament championship. In my book you VB team takes 1 for SDSU...and NDSU had a wrestler in the national championships last year.

As did SDSU. Ryan Meyer represented the Rabbits at the NCAA's in the 165lb class. Is it stil 2 to 1 then?

tjbison
02-28-2008, 10:32 PM
As did SDSU. Ryan Meyer represented the Rabbits at the NCAA's in the 165lb class. Is it stil 2 to 1 then?

Yes if it makes you feel better 2 to 1 You guys RULE!!! I am humbled:banghead: