PDA

View Full Version : SIU completes 2008 football schedule....

NDSUstudent
02-19-2008, 03:28 PM
2008 Schedule

Sept. 6: Hampton
Sept. 13: at Northwestern
Sept. 27: Northern Iowa
Oct. 4: at North Dakota St.
Oct. 11: Indiana State
Oct. 18: at Youngstown St.
Oct. 25: at Missouri State
Nov. 01 North Dakota
Nov. 8: Western Illinois
Nov. 15 South Dakota St.
Nov. 22: at Illinois State

Overall, a solid schedule for Lennon.

extremerouge
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
have they always had UND on the schedule?

Bison Dan
02-19-2008, 03:45 PM
2008 Schedule

Sept. 6: Hampton
Sept. 13: at Northwestern
Sept. 27: Northern Iowa
Oct. 4: at North Dakota St.
Oct. 11: Indiana State
Oct. 18: at Youngstown St.
Oct. 25: at Missouri State
Nov. 01 North Dakota
Nov. 8: Western Illinois
Nov. 15 South Dakota St.
Nov. 22: at Illinois State

Overall, a solid schedule for Lennon.

Looks like they're taking their bye week the first week of the season. I bet they'll wish they had the Nov 1 week for the bye week before it's all said and done.

NDSUstudent
02-19-2008, 03:47 PM
have they always had UND on the schedule?

Today was the first I had heard about it, sounds like it will be a one time deal with no return game.

RedRiver
02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
An eleven game schedule? Same route Gene T. is talking about for the Bison. Don't need that 12th game with the playoffs!!

BISON Thunder
02-19-2008, 08:49 PM
An eleven game schedule? Same route Gene T. is talking about for the Bison. Don't need that 12th game with the playoffs!!

And the UND game is a non counter?

NDSUstudent
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
And the UND game is a non counter?

Yep, UND is a non-counter in 2008-2009.

Mr. Burgundy
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
I love Dale Lennon.........

A) He leaves them high and dry during recruiting when nobody thought he was leaving.
B) He takes their best recruit to SIU even after the kid recommitted to Mussman.
C) He says sure....We will play UND at SIU...but we won't return the favor and go back to Grand Forks. Classic.

NDSUguy
02-20-2008, 12:55 AM
As if there isn't enough message board material between NDSU/UND. This will be the ultimate measuring stick for UND.

lakesbison
02-20-2008, 02:26 AM
yea.. and ONCE again.. it'll be tainted.

because you know once SIU is up 21... that Lennon will milk it, and not push it..... thats the problem with all this, i'll tell you that already

KC Bison
02-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Lennon won't play to lose this game but the third stringers will get quality minutes in the game. This is his little pay back to und to give them one real game this year.

tjbison
02-20-2008, 02:39 AM
yea.. and ONCE again.. it'll be tainted.

because you know once SIU is up 21... that Lennon will milk it, and not push it..... thats the problem with all this, i'll tell you that already

you never know, he may hang 50 on them if he gets the chance too!! GO DALE!!:nod:

Flanders
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM

A) He leaves them high and dry during recruiting when nobody thought he was leaving.
B) He takes their best recruit to SIU even after the kid recommitted to Mussman.
C) He says sure....We will play UND at SIU...but we won't return the favor and go back to Grand Forks. Classic.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on a couple of your points. Firstly, "nobody thought he was leaving"? Many thought it was a strong possibility, including myself. It was no secret he was looking. He'd been offered one job and was finalist for another in the last three years. Secondly, Ian Rosario was and is widely considered UND's best recruit. Also, the kid of which you speak, never recommitted to Mussman. He verbally committed to Mussman the day after Lennon left. Thirdly, UND isn't in a position to be expecting a return game in Grand Forks. But Lennon said last night that will probably change in the near future.

Bison Dan
02-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I have to respectfully disagree with you on a couple of your points. Firstly, "nobody thought he was leaving"? Many thought it was a strong possibility, including myself. It was no secret he was looking. He'd been offered one job and was finalist for another in the last three years. Secondly, Ian Rosario was and is widely considered UND's best recruit. Also, the kid of which you speak, never recommitted to Mussman. He verbally committed to Mussman the day after Lennon left. Thirdly, UND isn't in a position to be expecting a return game in Grand Forks. But Lennon said last night that will probably change in the near future.

Lennon will do what's in his own best interest and after a year in the Gateway his scheduling ideas may change. If Mr. Rosario is your best recruit well - lets put it this way 6 -6 and 320 coming out of HS and all the big boys pass you over? What's wrong with him? This is the size most FSC teams will always take a chance on. PS: I doubt anyone thought he would leave at the time he did.

Flanders
02-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Lennon will do what's in his own best interest and after a year in the Gateway his scheduling ideas may change. If Mr. Rosario is your best recruit well - lets put it this way 6 -6 and 320 coming out of HS and all the big boys pass you over? What's wrong with him? This is the size most FSC teams will always take a chance on. PS: I doubt anyone thought he would leave at the time he did.
Agree about the timing of his departure. Rosario is from Alaska. Chris Kuper, also from Alaska, steered him to UND quite a while ago. By the time the bigger schools showed interest, he had his mind made up on UND. And seeing Kuper's career path kept him committed.

Bison Dan
02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Agree about the timing of his departure. Rosario is from Alaska. Chris Kuper, also from Alaska, steered him to UND quite a while ago. By the time the bigger schools showed interest, he had his mind made up on UND. And seeing Kuper's career path kept him committed.

Well I guess we'll have to see how he turns out.

bisonhusker
02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Flanders, you may have seen it coming, but most UND fans (they only put 5,000 fans in the seats for a playoff game, so we aren't talking a ton, it is a hockey school) really thought he was there for the transition. I know he was up for a couple of other jobs, but it wasn't like the public knew he was interviewing at SIU.

He left them high and dry. Ok...so he took their 2nd best recruit with him after he told Mussman he was staying at UND. Kid was a solid recruit.

No return trip to UND doesn't help them. they need home games. This is just a guaranteed loss for Mussman.

TransAmBison
02-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Flanders, you may have seen it coming, but most UND fans (they only put 5,000 fans in the seats for a playoff game, so we aren't talking a ton, it is a hockey school) really thought he was there for the transition. I know he was up for a couple of other jobs, but it wasn't like the public knew he was interviewing at SIU.

He left them high and dry. Ok...so he took their 2nd best recruit with him after he told Mussman he was staying at UND. Kid was a solid recruit.

No return trip to UND doesn't help them. they need home games. This is just a guaranteed loss for Mussman.
Lennon looked at the recruiting class and said, "Hey, I'm too classy to take their #1 recruit, I just won't do that. Now, #2 (which the fighting poo are all about) is fair game."*

*Used a subtle play on words. Bonus points to those that can figure it out without a calculator :D

aces1180
02-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Lennon looked at the recruiting class and said, "Hey, I'm too classy to take their #1 recruit, I just won't do that. Now, #2 (which the fighting poo are all about) is fair game."*

*Used a subtle play on words. Bonus points to those that can figure it out without a calculator :D

I didn't need a TI-85 to figure that one out!

Bisonguy
02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I didn't need a T-85 to figure that one out!

HP 48SX FTW!!!!

Shawn-O
02-21-2008, 02:39 AM

Umm, yeah. This coming from the same people that predicted an epic blowout at Northern Iowa and a rough and tumble game at Cedar City. I'll just wait to see how it plays out on the field...but thanks.

90BISON
02-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Umm, yeah. This coming from the same people that predicted an epic blowout at Northern Iowa and a rough and tumble game at Cedar City. I'll just wait to see how it plays out on the field...but thanks.

No offense Shawn-O, but even you have to admit that if the Sioux even keep it within a couple scores it would be considered at least a moral victory. You ain't gonna be playin in Cedar City and Southern Utah the Sioux obviously haven't been (like) in many years. If you guys would manage to squeak out a win, I'm almost positive it would be considered a monumental upset, probably similar to our victory over Montana. I would expect a whole bunch of hype going into this game, probably similar to when Rocky came back with Northeastern, although not exactly the same circumstances. I would have to obviously give the coaching edge to Lennon since he will have recruited and coached everyone there. The only edge I would give to the Sioux, is that they don't play them right away out of the chute, they'll have a little more time to study 'em.

Bisonguy
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't see any reason why UND does not stand a chance vs. SIU. Should be an interesting game. Lennon should know what Mussman will be bringing for the most part, with Lennon getting a new system installed at SIU.

Shawn-O- BTW, I actually did give UND more than a fighting chance vs. UNI. :nod:

lakesbison
02-21-2008, 08:41 PM
UNI coaches completely blew that game, they never came out of their defense the WHOLE second half to make adjustments.

i mean, hello, all UND did was throw to dressler, MIGHT want to throw a Nickel or Dime on them, or double up?

what a freakin joke it was. PERIOD>

Greenie
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Lennon was the key ingredient when UND beat UNI

Now that Lennon is a Saluki, advantage S. Ill when playing UND

UND lost a damn good head coach

bisonhusker
02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
UND's talent has decreased the past couple of years. This year's recruiting class was also well below their average....which may be typical since they are just entering their transition. Dressler was special, he is done. That will hurt them. They are not deep. I think they should give the keys to the Grand Forks Quarterback, I think it was Landry, I think he has talent. He was a freshman last year. Big kid with a big arm. i don't see them competing with Lennon and SIU....but, Lennon may not be willing to run up the score. Safe 20 point win would be my guess.

tjbison
02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
UND's talent has decreased the past couple of years. This year's recruiting class was also well below their average....which may be typical since they are just entering their transition. Dressler was special, he is done. That will hurt them. They are not deep. I think they should give the keys to the Grand Forks Quarterback, I think it was Landry, I think he has talent. He was a freshman last year. Big kid with a big arm. i don't see them competing with Lennon and SIU....but, Lennon may not be willing to run up the score. Safe 20 point win would be my guess.

Maybe if he reads the Saluki message board and see what the Flickertail fans have been saying this will change:D

Shawn-O
02-21-2008, 10:56 PM
UNI coaches completely blew that game, they never came out of their defense the WHOLE second half to make adjustments.

i mean, hello, all UND did was throw to dressler, MIGHT want to throw a Nickel or Dime on them, or double up?

what a freakin joke it was. PERIOD>

Where to begin? Chappell 9 rushes for 121, UND loses the turnover battle(-1), UND gets 5 sacks to UNI's 2. It was an azz beating on both sides of the line of scrimmage by UND that night, but don't let the facts stand in your way, little man. Now run along...and stay out of my UND threads. Don't make me light you up like a miniature Xmas tree like old times.

bincitysioux
02-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Bookmark!

This could be a fun thread on November 2nd!

If only Farley were a smart enough head coach to have Lakesbison on his coaching staff in 2006, huh? :uhyeah:

If you guys would manage to squeak out a win, I'm almost positive it would be considered a monumental upset, probably similar to our victory over Montana.

Been there, done that. NDSU beat #3 Montana early in the season in '03. UND beat #3 Northern Iowa early in the season in '06.

90BISON
02-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Bookmark!

This could be a fun thread on November 2nd!

If only Farley were a smart enough head coach to have Lakesbison on his coaching staff in 2006, huh? :uhyeah:

Been there, done that. NDSU beat #3 Montana early in the season in '03. UND beat #3 Northern Iowa early in the season in '06.

Coming off a 2-8 season? Oh, by the way, when you get your first D1A win and reel off another 15-20 D1AA wins, then you can talk some smack, till then I wouldn't be walkin' around with too much swagger just yet, might be a bit premature.

Mr. Burgundy
02-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I am fine with bookmarking this link. I expect a blowout. Mussman is in over his head. That will be determined down the road, but it is a very difficult job to lead a team through a transition.....book this thread.

Lennon dominates UND...and they still have a man crush on Mr. Mustachio.

KC Bison
02-22-2008, 08:09 PM
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT

Since Bincitysue think history repeats, I predict the und football will move on to duplicate the great accomplishments of the und basektball team in the coming years.

unbison
02-24-2008, 01:16 AM
after hearing lakes great in depth analysis of what a adjustments.... they could have made to stop und..... i am just awed that he is not on the coaching staff.....

onbison09
02-26-2008, 12:04 AM

Attaboy Dale.:nod: :nod: :nod:

sambini
02-26-2008, 03:45 AM
09 He is a Rugby boy by way of Knox.