PDA

View Full Version : Happy V-Day

heckler
02-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Just thought I would wish a happy V-Day to everyone. What are your plans?

sambini
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Take My Wife Out For Dinner....

TransAmBison
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Take My Wife Out For Dinner....
Are you doing that, or are you asking us to? :D

aces1180
02-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm pretty lucky became my girlfriend agrees that Valentine's Day is stupid...However, I still bought her something because I get brownie points then...Instead of flowers or candy, I bought her new golf shoes. ;)

mebisonII
02-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty lucky became my girlfriend agrees that Valentine's Day is stupid...However, I still bought her something because I get brownie points then...Instead of flowers or candy, I bought her new golf shoes. ;)

Well, still better than buying yourself new golf shoes for V-day! (oh, and any girlfriend or wife who says V-day is stupid and you shouldn't even buy a card/chocolate/flowers/etc is lying...its a test and to pass it you better show up with something, as Aces will ;) )

For the official record...we are staying home and making a homemade pizza and a homemade cheesecake and popping open a bottle of wine. Following that we will be crashing out on the couch and watching a Scrubs DVD for the rest of the evening. Man, I love that show.

extremerouge
02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, still better than buying yourself new golf shoes for V-day! (oh, and any girlfriend or wife who says V-day is stupid and you shouldn't even buy a card/chocolate/flowers/etc is lying...its a test and to pass it you better show up with something, as Aces will ;) )

For the official record...we are staying home and making a homemade pizza and a homemade cheesecake and popping open a bottle of wine. Following that we will be crashing out on the couch and watching a Scrubs DVD for the rest of the evening. Man, I love that show.
i love scrubs!

as or me, I ordered a cookie bouquet from cookiesforyou.com look into it gents for next year!

bisonmike2
02-14-2008, 07:42 PM

If this is true and she's not tricking you, marry this girl right away. I despise valentines day and everything it stands for. Too bad the wifey doesn't feel the same way and I still get suckered into buying crap.

/still waiting for steak and bj day to take off

extremerouge
02-14-2008, 07:44 PM
haha pick a date and ill help bring it to fruition!

mebisonII
02-14-2008, 07:46 PM

:confused: This could be interpreted in a way that I don't think you intended...

bisonmike2
02-14-2008, 07:49 PM

I'm confuse by this as well.:smh:

aces1180
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
If this is true and she's not tricking you, marry this girl right away. I despise valentines day and everything it stands for. Too bad the wifey doesn't feel the same way and I still get suckered into buying crap.

Well, she is a catch ;)

As for your suggestion, somebody get on the phone with Omaha Steaks and Budweiser...Instead of Hallmark holidays, men should get those two to sponsor Mike's idea!

TransAmBison
02-14-2008, 07:55 PM
:confused: This could be interpreted in a way that I don't think you intended...
You beat me to it...so easy...all the perfect retorts and I was beat to the punch...

extremerouge
02-14-2008, 08:01 PM
wow...didn't realize i was dealing with 4th graders....pick a date for your steak and bj day and i will help spread the word....

TransAmBison
02-14-2008, 08:14 PM
wow...didn't realize i was dealing with 4th graders....pick a date for your steak and bj day and i will help spread the word....
4th graders, me thinks you give us too much credit! :D

56BISON73
02-14-2008, 08:15 PM

Do the shoes fit you?????:D PL

aces1180
02-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Do the shoes fit you?????:D PL

Nah...I already have enough golf stuff...She loved the gift.

bisonmike2
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Actually I think somebody did pick a day. I can't remember what day it's supposed to be but I've been getting emails to spread the word about steak and bj day around valentines day every year for a decade or so. Still haven't seen it on any calendar and I know hallmark doesn't make a card for it....yet!

UTH
02-14-2008, 11:25 PM
still waiting for steak and bj day to take off

It is true that this whole V-Day thing is a little onesided in its focus.

Step One is to write to your congressman. [Linky (http://www.petitiononline.com/320BJ/petition.html)]

TransAmBison
02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Things not to say when out on Valentine's Day.

1. I really don't like this restaurant that much, but I wanted to use this 2-for-1 coupon before it expired.
2. People say I remind them of Eddie Haskell.
3. I used to come here all the time with my ex.
4. I never said you NEED a nose job. I just said it wouldn't hurt to consider it.
5. Could you excuse me? My cat gets lonely if he doesn't hear my voice on the answering machine every hour.
6. I like clay. It's mushy.
7. I really feel that I've grown in the past few years. Used to be I wouldn't have given someone like you a second look.
8. And I won that trophy in the inter-fraternity belching contest.
9. I know you said you don't eat anything with a face. But a good butcher will cut that part off for you if you ask. 10. It's been tough, but I've come to accept that most people I date just won't be as smart as I am.

heckler
02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Things not to say when out on Valentine's Day.

1. I really don't like this restaurant that much, but I wanted to use this 2-for-1 coupon before it expired.
2. People say I remind them of Eddie Haskell.
3. I used to come here all the time with my ex.
4. I never said you NEED a nose job. I just said it wouldn't hurt to consider it.
5. Could you excuse me? My cat gets lonely if he doesn't hear my voice on the answering machine every hour.
6. I like clay. It's mushy.
7. I really feel that I've grown in the past few years. Used to be I wouldn't have given someone like you a second look.
8. And I won that trophy in the inter-fraternity belching contest.
9. I know you said you don't eat anything with a face. But a good butcher will cut that part off for you if you ask.
10. It's been tough, but I've come to accept that most people I date just won't be as smart as I am.

Just a reminder.

SDbison
02-14-2011, 03:53 PM
VD Sucks. Another so called "holiday" created by greeting card, candy and flower companies / distributors / shops along with dining establishments to extract money from lemming like consumers. Of course women always like money spent on them if they don't spend it on themselves first.

heckler
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Ya, the wife isn't here today or this week so I am going drinking downtown tonight.

BadlandsBison
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Spending money on women for physical reward? Sounds illegal:)

Ferd
02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't know what's wrong with you guys... I'm going to a basketball game tonight.

(I treat my wife like a queen every day.) ;)

Bison bison
02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
sorry ladies, i'm already taken.

onbison09
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
VD Sucks*. Another so called "holiday" created by greeting card, candy and flower companies / distributors / shops along with dining establishments to extract money from lemming like consumers. Of course women always like money spent on them if they don't spend it on themselves first.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*

*TWSS :hide:

Bison bison
02-14-2011, 06:54 PM

wow, how bout that for a homosexual rejoinder.

hey extreme, don't forget the steak you queer bastard!!!*

*not that there's anything wrong with that. unless you think there is and then let's just agree to disagree. although i'm really not 'okay' with it either, i'm just trying to be politically correct.

CAS4127
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
VD's Sucks. Another so called "holiday" created by greeting card, candy and flower companies / distributors / shops along with dining establishments to extract money from lemming like consumers. Of course women always like money spent on them if they don't spend it on themselves first.

Ummm--you talking from experience?!:hide: Perhaps the reason your Valentines Days suck??!!:confused:

BlueBisonRock
02-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Ummm--you talking from experience?!:hide: Perhaps the reason your Valentines Days suck??!!:confused:

Perhaps a different approach in thinking may help. After all, the day is based on giving.

NSFW

Ann Summers Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Hu7peBuao)

SDbison
02-14-2011, 09:06 PM
A very contrived holiday. Should give every day in some form to your significant other. Its not like were celebrating Christs birth. And there are still Birthdays and Anniversarys. But go ahead observe and particpate in the holidays you believe in. I choose not to waste $50 on flowers that wilt in a few days just because everybody else is doing it.

CAS4127
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I agree, but are you in with me for St. Patty's Day at least? I mean, at least that inherently involves some form of drinking. VD--not so much!

Bisonfan1
02-14-2011, 09:22 PM
A very contrived holiday. Should give every day in some form to your significant other. Its not like were celebrating Christs birth. And there are still Birthdays and Anniversarys. But go ahead observe and particpate in the holidays you believe in. I choose not to waste $50 on flowers that wilt in a few days just because everybody else is doing it.

Your just saving the 50 bucks for Sunday to buy jag bombs and watch the GAYtona 500, I know how you operate ! :D

heckler
02-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Happy V-Day from the Empire.

BlueBisonRock
02-15-2011, 12:00 AM
VD Sucks. Another so called "holiday" created by greeting card, candy and flower companies / distributors / shops along with dining establishments to extract money from lemming like consumers. Of course women always like money spent on them if they don't spend it on themselves first.

Since you brought it up, here are some stats about VD.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2011/valentines.jpg

56BISON73
02-15-2011, 02:31 AM

But you will spend 50.00 on Booze that will be pissed away in less than the life span of the flowers. :D

sambini
02-15-2011, 02:36 AM
I SPENT 35 bucks....

heckler
02-15-2011, 02:54 AM
I SPENT 35 bucks....

Teach us wise one!

BlueBisonRock
02-15-2011, 02:57 AM
I SPENT 35 bucks....

The wine was from Sams (12 rather than 18 bucks). Got the Ribeyes at $6 per pound. Spuds were cheap and the asparagus is coming in season. Probably spent about the same for two, had an excellent meal, and got to drink most of the wine as my wife did not want to risk a headache.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2011/DSCN0630.jpg

And, the ladies love it when a guy can cook! ;)

sambini
02-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Country Greenery in Moorhead had a deal on flowers....

NDSUFan_Sav
02-15-2011, 05:53 AM
The wine was from Sams (12 rather than 18 bucks). Got the Ribeyes at $6 per pound. Spuds were cheap and the asparagus is coming in season. Probably spent about the same for two, had an excellent meal, and got to drink most of the wine as my wife did not want to risk a headache.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/2011/DSCN0630.jpg

And, the ladies love it when a guy can cook! ;)

the lady that forgot to show up??? I mean there is a empty chair

BlueBisonRock
02-15-2011, 07:00 AM
the lady that forgot to show up??? I mean there is a empty chair

As happens too often, she was late.

opening for Tab, Tatanka, or Izzy

NDSUFan_Sav
02-15-2011, 07:02 AM
As happens too often, she was late.

opening for Tab, Tatanka, or Izzy

does that mean you couldn't outlast her like usual? :hide: :banghead: :D

BlueBisonRock
02-15-2011, 07:05 AM
does that mean you couldn't outlast her like usual? :hide: :banghead: :D

Although I am getting better as I get older, once in a while I show the stamina of my youth.

:D