PDA

View Full Version : No free throws in last 5 vs. IUPUI?

bisoneer
02-13-2008, 03:46 AM
Ok, I was not there, but how do we not get to the line to "ice" the game in the last five minutes?? Shot clock???

90BISON
02-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok, I was not there, but how do we not get to the line to "ice" the game in the last five minutes?? Shot clock???

Between throwing the ball away (twice) and absolute "no calls" by the refs, that was pretty much the last 5 minutes. The classic "no call" on their end near the end of the game, guy is driving to the hoop, picks up his dribble, ball gets caught between his elbow and body after taking at least 2 full steps, and alas no travelling call. Tell me how 3 refs miss that call, yet 1/2 the BSA goes absolutely nuts because of the no call. The didn't end up getting a basket out of it anyway, so it really didn't decide anything.:banghead:

imabison
02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Between throwing the ball away (twice) and absolute "no calls" by the refs, that was pretty much the last 5 minutes. The classic "no call" on their end near the end of the game, guy is driving to the hoop, picks up his dribble, ball gets caught between his elbow and body after taking at least 2 full steps, and alas no travelling call. Tell me how 3 refs miss that call, yet 1/2 the BSA goes absolutely nuts because of the no call. The didn't end up getting a basket out of it anyway, so it really didn't decide anything.:banghead:
I think that the players, and coaches have learned that the Summit League is going to be seasons of 1's.

1 more rebound,
1 less turnover
1 more made shot
1 less foul.

I think there are lots of reasons, but I have confidence that it will be improved upon.

Bison bison
02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
I think there are lots of reasons, but I have confidence that it will be improved upon.

I don't. I think we should fire the coach.

Oh, we're talking about the men's program? Nevermind then.

90BISON
02-13-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't. I think we should fire the coach.

Oh, we're talking about the men's program? Nevermind then.

Your comment fits right in with your signature line.;) I'm kinda protective of the downtown area myself.:hide:

90BISON
02-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I think that the players, and coaches have learned that the Summit League is going to be seasons of 1's.

1 more rebound,
1 less turnover
1 more made shot
1 less foul.

Agree. As it turns out, the two throw aways we had at the end there effectively cost us the game. If we would have scored on either of those, might have been game over. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. A win against them would have been huge.